1,026

Notes, quotes and observations from today’s OTA

Naturally, cornerback D.J. Hayden being hospitalized with an abdominal issue is the big news concerning the Raiders today. However, there is plenty to talk about in terms of what transpired at practice today.
For starters, coach Dennis Allen said he wasn’t thrilled by the way his players practiced today. He attributed some of that to the fact the players were away the past four days and needed to shake off the rust.
“It was obvious that we had the long (layoff) with Memorial Day weekend,” Allen said. “I don’t think we were as crisp as we needed to be in practice today. We only get a certain amount of opportunities and we didn’t practice the way that we needed to today.
“The good news is the guys are still out there, they’re competing and they’re trying to do everything we’re asking them to do to get better.”
Quarterback Matt Flynn said he and his teammates didn’t need to be told that they need to do better than they did today. As Allen said, Flynn and the others have Wednesday and Thursday to get back in synch and keep progressing in a positive way.

– Kicker Sebastian Janikowski is the only player, besides Hayden, that wasn’t at practice today. Wide receiver Josh Cribbs (knee), linebacker Miles Burris (knee), cornerback Tracy Porter (knee) and fullback Jon Hoese (calf) were among those unable to participate.
Tight end Nick Kasa (hamstring), nose tackle Johnny Jones (knee), defensive tackle Stacy McGee (foot) and cornerback Coye Francies (illness) either weren’t able to practice at all or were limited.

– Al Davis despised the word “rebuilding.” He was fond of saying, “We don’t rebuild, we reload.” Count Allen among those that doesn’t warm to the dreaded “R” word, as well.
“I wouldn’t use the term rebuilding,” Allen said. “We’re trying to win. That’s what you do in this league. You try to win football games. We’re going to do whatever we feel like we need to do to try to do that. I do think we’ve brought in some pieces that will help us in that regard.”
Reaching the desired goal of building a championship-caliber team is going to take time, Allen admits. Bringing in veteran players such as cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Porter that have played for Super Bowl teams is a huge help.
“The teams that have success, eventually, at some point in time, the players take over,” Allen said. “When they understand the commitment that it takes to have success in this league and to win in this league, and figure out how to do that on a consistent basis, those guys have to understand what the expectations are.
“When their expectations of themselves are equal to or greater to what our expectations of them as coaches are then that’s when you got them. I don’t think we’re there yet. But we’re moving in that direction.”

– Speaking of Woodson, he donned a Raiders uniform on the practice field Tuesday for the first time since his first Raiders stint ended after the 2005 season.
No, he’s not wearing No. 24. Yet. For now, Porter still owns the rights to the number Woodson wore during his first eight seasons with the Raiders. Woodson wore a black shirt without a number Tuesday.
“We got him out there in a limited role, and he’s still feeling his way around a little bit,” Allen said. “I don’t have any concerns that he’ll be ready to roll. We’ll kind of work him in a little bit. We’ll kind of work him in a little more as we keep going.”
Woodson signed with the Raiders last week, even though he had an opportunity to sign with the Denver Broncos. Allen said that’s another sign that the Raiders are headed in the right direction.
“In talking with Charles when he came in on the visit, it was apparent to me that he wanted to be a part of the Raiders,” Allen said. “This is a tradition rich organization, and he can see some of the things that we’re doing to try to get back to those winning ways. At the end of the day as a player, a coach or whatever, you want to have a vision for success. We’re putting some of those pieces together.”
Woodson said Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie sold him on the Raiders during their visit last week.
“I was really sold on the fact that they believe on the guys that they have here,” Woodson said. “Of course, you can always use more and as the years come up, they’ll be able to do some more things. But they really have a lot of faith in the guys that they have on the roster right now.
“Who knows what this team will be at the end of the season, but I was convinced that this team will compete, this team will be in games, and we look forward to going out there and wearing the silver and black proudly.”
The warm reception Woodson received from fans at the Alameda facility the day he visited reaffirmed his faith in the Raider Nation.
“I know what it’s like to have this fan base behind you,” Woodson said, who played for the Raiders from 1998-2005. “That’s a big deal. There’s a lot of energy here. A lot of these guys don’t know that, they don’t know that feeling to be that type of team here and have the fans behind you. To have the fans here at the facility last week welcoming me back meant a lot and I appreciate Raider Nation for that. ”

– Lucas Nix got a shot at showing what he can do at left guard with the first-team offense today. Last week, it was Tony Bergstrom running with the ones.
It’s all part of offensive line coach Tony Sparano’s grand plan to take a look at every player available to him before deciding upon a starting five.
“We’re going to mix and match a little bit and Lucas and Tony were both two young guys that we wanted to look at on the interior of our offensive line,” Allen said. “Both of them have done a nice job so far. It was kind of his day to be up with the ones.”
In reality, it’s likely that several of the spots already are sewn up — left offensive tackle Jared Veldheer, center Stefen Wisniewski and right guard Mike Brisiel. However, it’s conceivable that rookie Menelik Watson might push veteran Khalif Barnes for the starting spot at right offensive tackle.
At one point, Nix got scolded for leaving before the snap. Hey, better now than in the regular-season opener, right?

– Nick Roach said he doesn’t view this season as him getting his first shot to prove what he can do. Others might see it that way, but Roach already feels confident in his ability to be a full-time starter despite starting more than nine games only three of his six seasons with the Chicago Bears.
Allen likes what he has seen from Roach in a short time, as Roach goes about making people forget about his predecessor, Rolando McClain.
“He’s brought what we anticipated he would bring,” Allen said. “He’s a veteran guy that, he’s never really had the opportunity to say, this is his time to run the show. He’s getting that opportunity here.
“He’s done an outstanding job so far. He’s very intelligent, does a great job of running the huddle for us and getting us into the right checks and the right defenses and it’s still early in the offseason but I’ve been pleased with what he’s done so far.”

– Quarterback play was a mixed bag today, with just as much bad as good from Flynn, Tyler Wilson and Terrelle Pryor.
Flynn said some of that can be chalked up to the coaches throwing a bunch of new stuff at him and his quarterback mates, as well as working on red-zone plays for the first time.
Still, Flynn said, there’s only so much time for learning. Before long, the quarterbacks have to be up to speed and ready to execute better.
Case in point, Wilson looked pretty sharp in a lot of early drills. Then, in the red-zone work, he had passes intercepted on back-to-back plays.
Even so, Allen said, it’s Flynn’s job to lose.
“Matt’s our starting quarterback as we go forward right now,” Allen said, “and until the competition dictates otherwise, that’s where we’re going.”
Flynn said he isn’t worried about how well Wilson and Pryor perform. He said he has enough to worry about competing himself.

– Allen made it clear that he isn’t one to heap too much praise on rookies, especially after only four practices. Yet, he doesn’t hesitate finding good things to say about running back Latavius Murray.
“Probably the thing that’s been most impressive is that he’s picked up everything offensively from a schematic standpoint, assignment wise,” Allen said. “He’s done a great job. He’s done a nice job in pass protection. That’s one of the things you see with young backs that they struggle with at times.”
Murray seems to excel in just about every facet. At one point today, he was returning kicks. Don’t make too much of that, though. Several players returned kicks today, and it’s a stretch to envision that role going to anyone other than Jacoby Ford or Cribbs.
Still, it speaks to Murray’s versatility that he can return kicks if needed and that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make the 53-man roster.

Steve Corkran

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

My parents uncles unities and cousins were all black panthers.

The FBI and police stalked them harassed them imprisoned them and tried to murder them ( R.I.P for the Panthers that didnt make it)

Cointel pro is real and has never been discontinued

• Marks hair

your points have no points because you’re always “kidding”

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

The_Judge37 Says:
    COY wouldn’t pass the blame of a poor practice on a holiday.
    =====================================================

He would blame it on that. He wouldn’t give ‘em a pass. He’d bring ‘em in for an extra day if he could. CBA says he can’t.

• DutchRaider77

892.bcz24 Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:08 pm
    the DA haters want him to say something like “I know these guys have been away for 4 days, but I should have had them better prepared & more focused. It’s on me”
    *****************
    Then they would want him fired because he just admitted he was doing an inadequate job.

__________________________________________________

Actually it was very clever, most likely a wh*te supremacist’s plot to undermind the integrity of Reggie’s role as the GM.

If you blame it on memorial day weekend, one has to ask who planned for OTAs after memorial day?

• Dan78

Hey guys have not been login in lately but to my surprise someone using my handle again. I am in no way the snitch that 666. I try to read once in a while but here is this loser again using my handle. Dr_ r has admitted to snitching on other posters I still think he has something to do with the copy cat handles. Again he steals my handle and has tried to delect the snitching to me. By the way doc we all know you cant stand a PMPP member . So You try to use me since I have not been around much
    Evidence #1
    dr_robert Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:52 am
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:38 am
    Dan78 Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 4:57 pm
    ok haters racist and wh*te supremacist

see you next time until then shave your backs and wash your hoods
    +++++++++++++
    Thanks. This one’s directly to Cork. I won’t ask him to ban you I just want him to see this and he can make up his own mind.

BTW: Silverandblack666 is as good as gone just so’s you know and works both ways.

====================

Ok Dan78, I need to address you.

First why are you jocking me so hard. This is now the second time you came in here after i posted like a sniffling little punk talking about how you are snitching. are you hiding oput here waiting and hoping i say something to get banned so you can pounce and snitch? Obviously you are always here, and you created the dan78 handle to protect the rest of your aliases from the snitch label. Its creepy

If you had read the threads yesterday you would see sb666 and dr rob engaging in blatant racism. they have both admitted to being white.

Can you give me a better term to describe white guys that spew racist hate? No? Then why take exception with me calling them by terms that fit?

If you have an issue take it up with the guys actually posting hateful racist remarks, not the guys that are calling them out for it.

Go ahead and go tell, i will point out to the tribune exactly why i used those terms, which by the way are not racist
    ********
    Ur a liar. I never said anything racist.

And ur names are racist when they’re unfounded and used as blanket terms.

We “admitted we are white”? Like that’s a crime.

Ur the most hateful and dishonest person in here.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    I haven’t seen BSJ lately..

I keep waiting to see a comment or question, like “can Charles Woodson longsnap?”

========================================

BSJ aka “I Hate Condo” took a major powder after the San Diego Long-Snapper disaster last year…

Marks Hair Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    your points have no points because you’re always “kidding”
    *******
    U can’t be that stupid. U dont recognize the impostor?

Why would I say these things about myself?

Wow. Some people are dense.

we know Latavius Murray looks good at OTA’s

what about Rashad Jennings & Jeremy Stewart?

• nycraider

its not far fetched to consider charles woodson as a possession wr

U dont recognize the impostor?

***

I can’t tell the difference between you and your troll. you act exactly the same. might as well be the same person. I usually skip past all of both of your comments, unless nobody else is commenting or i’m super bored

• dr_robert

Dan78– lol. Sorry kid. I don’t care anything about ur little blog club. It’s comically lame to me.

I admitted I snitched? That’s a lie.

U asked me for oral sex once and then blamed it on an impostor.

All these obsessive posters are a joke to me.

Have fun.

• Marks hair

you and your imposter are exactly the same. I don’t care if there’s a different person typing..

either another poster has you pegged and is hammering you everyday in hilarious fashion. or you’re just talking to yourself .

either way its a bunch of garbage I normally just scroll past.. you thin out the real sports talk. you’re a troll

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    U dont recognize the impostor?

***

*******
    Well ur dumb then.

The impostor obviously comments against “himself”.

Idiotic.

Lawrence Taylor hired and sent prostitutes to opponents’ hotel rooms the night before a game in an attempt to tire them out..

is that what happened to Rolando McClain?

maybe he was the “victim”?

• MikieG

The_Judge37 Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:19 am

Speedy Gonzales was pulled from tv as being thought to be racist. Except Mexican Americans complained because they like it since while it may be an overblown stereotype, Speedy is actually a good guy and its funny.
    ——–

Speedy was ok, it was Slow Poke Rodriguez that was pretty offensive.
    ++++++++++

Speedy is/was in my Top 5 Favorite Cartoon Characters of all TIME, and Im a white dude from Illinois–Hell, I used to think I was him, I would even say the “Andale! Andale! Epa, Epa! Arriba! Arriba!” Before Smoking Fools in Races at School–Loved Him.

Im color blind ya’ll, I don’t get Racism..never have, never will–Patriotism is almost as bad to be honest. You can love your country, but you don’t have to hate other ones just cause you don’t live there.

This is me BTW–: http://instagram.com/p/P-BeG0Aa-a/#

• dr_robert

u would think WA would love to trade their mascot. an Indian? who wants to buy a tshirt with an old wrinkled Indian on it? They should have checked with Al for marketing ideas. Washington Savages would make for a good shirt. Renegades? Considering what Washington did to the Indians, maybe they should be Washington Trail of Tears.

• RaidingTexas

Jesus fkn christ. You guys are arguing over who killed Malcolm X? Who really gives a crap about that? It’s unbelievable what ridiculous topics show up on here.

Marks Hair Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

********
    Yeah hilarious. But u don’t read it. Ok then.

I post what’s in my mind. My views are well known.

The impostor posts as me saying things against myself.

And u can’t tell. Seems ur pretty stupid.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Dan78 Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Evidence #1

===============

My apologies Dan78

i should have known

• DutchRaider77

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL 1m
    No, folks, Marquette King didn’t give up No. 2 so that the #Raiders can re-sign QB JaMarcus Russell. Settle down.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Marks hair Says:
    well we’re averaging about 15 to 20 posts from trolls in between normal sports posts…. guess the funs over
    ====================================================

Actually, that’s a good day lately, isn’t it?

• Dan78

Doc just admit you’re a snitch I will respect you more, be a man…It’s funny how you use my handle and pretend I’m one of you’re buddies… Only beef I have here is with you not Mistic , 666, or anyone else.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

May 29th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

And from the “TMI” desk:

Chris Kluwe verified
    My nipples could LITRALLY cut diamond right now. #litrally
    1 minute ago from Echofon
    +++++++++

Would be sweet if he could literally spell, while also using the word literally correctly…

Dan78 Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    *******
    Lol. I sign in as me. That’s it. I would never pretend ur my buddy. Laughable.

Couldn’t care less about ur beef. Ur an idiot.

@Duck

you follow Chris Kluwe on twitter?

lol

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

dr slob is mr

he is a known cross poster that hi jacks handles and creates handles to argue with or agree with himself

• manassamauler

dr_robert Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Marks Hair Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

********
    Yeah hilarious. But u don’t read it. Ok then.

I post what’s in my mind. My views are well known.

The impostor posts as me saying things against myself.

And u can’t tell. Seems ur pretty stupid.

>> you and MR sh*t on this blog daily. its completely ridiculous, you clearly are obsessed with MR and his many selves but you clog up this blog and sidetrack it everyday and everynight with your catfights. jeeebus fuking christos man. just STFU already.

• Dan78

By the way If at anytime you think I agree with the Doc, it’s not me… Now back to ignoring you troll…
    Go Raiders!!!

• bcz24

Well, I can’t discredit Misty for the COINTELPRO posts… seems like he isn’t far off on that one.

• manassamauler

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

dr slob is mr

>> YOU are MR everybody knows so go fuk urself and have a nice day. stop spamming this blog, talk some football or GTFO

• dr_robert

Lol. MR is working u people.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

RaidingTexas Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

==============

he was a very important figure for those that are classified as black, we care about and love him.

• Marks hair

I can tell you’re both trolls..

and I didn’t address that post to you did I?

you simply responded because you know your a troll. you say awful things and then just add “kidding”..

your imposter has you down pat.

• RaidingTexas

Dr_robert Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:22 pm
    ******
    Man ur boring.

———————————————-

The Two Faces of unCivil?

• willy91137

Post 912

be quiet don’t feed the troll maybe he will go away

this morning he was NOT on here HE woke up dammit

talking about American Indians which he probably does nothing about

what tribe was sitting bull with about crazy horse

• bcz24

*********
    You would have to follow Kluwe to ‘get it’. That dude is 1 of the smarter guys in the NFL. I am pretty sure he know’s how to spell, and the correct context in which to use, the word literally.

The dude is notoriously sarcastic on twitter.

• dr_robert

Manassa–did ur head spin around?

I can’t help it if the looney has decided to use my handle.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

manassamauler Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

dr slob is mr

==========

another one of mr’s handles

this dude will sign in with 5-6 different handles at a time?!?

one sick puppy

• RaidingTexas

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:

————————————————

Abe and JFK were both important figures to whites and blacks. But they’ve been dead a long time. I don’t care who killed them.

• dr_robert Says:
    January 28th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    Raider O Says:
    January 28th, 2013 at 8:55 am
    Dr. Nob is a racist attention seeking whore monkey, so try to ignore him.
    *********
    quit trying to make a name for urself by always talking about me. ur a piece of sh1t cock sucker.
    **************
    How come no one likes me?

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:30 pm
    RaidingTexas Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

==============

*********
    And he rejected the hate u spew.

U learned nothing from him.

• Try Some Reality

Any football talk in here? Looks like Miami is talking to Winston. Was hoping we’d get him on the line after 6/1 in case Watson isn’t ready to roll for Week 1.

• MikieG

bcz24 Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

*********

The dude is notoriously sarcastic on twitter.
    +++++++++++

Check

Ill follow him.

dr_robert Says:
    January 28th, 2013 at 11:43 am
    The Big Banana Says:
    January 28th, 2013 at 9:01 am
    Lol at posters in here that combat ignorance & hate with more ignorance & hate.
    **********
    if ur referring to me, bullsh1t. i never speak ignorance or hate. u can’t throw a blanket over it all. use ur intelligence. missdick and his aliases are bigots. i call him out. not the same. if ur lazy and and call me a bigot, u let him escape.
    **********
    I seem to bring out the worst in people. Must be my deodorant.

Marks Hair Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    I can tell you’re both trolls..

and I didn’t address that post to you did I?

your imposter has you down pat.
    *********
    I say no awful things. Retard.

• Marks hair

937.. yeah I normally ignore them and just scroll past but they seem to get bored if you do that and they end up taking up more blog space cross-posting talking to themselves and it drives away all the other posters.. but if you feed them they just start masturbating and enjoying it…

• manassamauler

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

manassamauler Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

dr slob is mr

==========

another one of mr’s handles

this dude will sign in with 5-6 different handles at a time?!?

one sick puppy

>. I have posted under this handle for years, before the mistic troll ever appeared. i know who u are MR. just talk football it is a FOOTBALL blog. go chat on yahoo if u want politics. is that not reasonable?

Willy91137 Says: