Rookie CB Hayden hospitalized with abdominal injury — updated

Rookie cornerback D.J. Hayden is in a local hospital as a result of an abdominal issue, Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Tuesday.
Hayden is expected to miss the remainder of the Raiders offseason workouts and practices, but he should be ready to go again when training camp begins in late July.
A Raiders spokesman said Hayden was admitted to the hospital “late last week” and that he underwent a procedure to clear out scar tissue in his abdomen.
Allen said he isn’t sure whether there’s any correlation between Hayden’s current situation and the ruptured vein Hayden suffered last November during a practice at the University of Houston.
“We can’t rule that out, obviously, but right now I don’t know exactly what the correlation is to it,” Allen said. “But we don’t anticipate it being an issue.”
Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times said via Tweet that Hayden’s doctor in Houston is of the understanding that “this is not related to (the) heart issue” Hayden suffered in November.
Hayden underwent surgery to repair the ruptured vena cava, which supplies blood to the heart from the lower body. He was cleared by doctors to resume football activities last month after surviving an injury that is 95 percent fatal, by some accounts.
Hayden participated in practice last week, when the Raiders began their organized team activities. Allen said Hayden’s symptoms surfaced last Tuesday.
The Raiders selected Hayden with the 12th pick of the 2013 NFL draft. They are counting upon Hayden to crack the starting lineup at some point.
During recent interviews, Hayden said he felt good and that the only time he thinks about the injury he suffered in November is when he gets asked about it.
Allen said Hayden’s absence, combined with a calf injury to cornerback Tracy Porter, leaves the Raiders thin at cornerback and makes it all the more difficult for Hayden to succeed from the outset.
“It’s obviously not a good thing, from a football standpoint,” Allen said. “As a rookie, you need all the reps you can get and all the work you can get.”

Steve Corkran

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

“Let’s start a foxworthy-esque list for the Pryor Brigade.

U know ur part of the Pryor Brigade if:”

You hate the way Tebow throws but you defend Pryor’s throwing motion!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

I see KK is trolling with politics today instead of race baiting. Nice going Barbershop quartet!

• SnBG

For some here, Haydens issue is just another excuse to bash Reg and DA. For others, there is real concern about his health and a wait and see attitude about his health issue. Like post 294

• hwnrdr

298.MistaBrown Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    Were his eyebrows shaved when he made asked the question?
    _____

RaidingTexas Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Greg Papa just advocated bringing Jamarcus back for a look. WTF

Was he tested for drugs?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

C-Wood presser 5 mins deep why dont you fuktards let go of your johnson and have a listen.

• Marks hair

its not another surgery on the heart.. its just a surgery to clear up scar tissue in the abdomen muscle they cut through on the way to his heart. minor stuff…

• The_Judge37

304.hwnrdr Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:53 pm
    298.MistaBrown Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    Were his eyebrows shaved when he made asked the question?
    _____

RaidingTexas Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Greg Papa just advocated bringing Jamarcus back for a look. WTF

Was he tested for drugs?
    ——-

I’m over Greg Papa’s mouth. Wish Herrera was still around to muzzle him.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Because they are incompetent.
    ____

SnBG Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

For some here, Haydens issue is just another excuse to bash Reg and DA

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Thee is no minimizing the aftermath of such a procedure but if his heart is intact & not effected that surely is good news. if this is something that was considered a contingency more the better. So we go forward from there with expectations we don’t have an “Andrew Bogut” situation on our hands. . .”

The point being that no matter how many doctors cleared him for play there will still be complications from this serious of an injury and those complications will keep him on the sidelines.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Greg Papa just advocated bringing Jamarcus back for a look. WTF
    —————————
    Greg Papa has officially lost ALL credibility if he was serious.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Minor stuff….lol
    ____

Marks hair Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

• R8RDave

• The_Judge37

305.MistaBrown Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    ——

This is my rifle, this is my gun!… And they’ll have to pry them both from my cold dead hands

• bcz24

self proclaimed fan club…no one is a fan of a semi who thinks he can run from his own opinion.
    *************
    I run from nothing I say. I ate the Seymour mistake (even though I was simply reiterating what was being reported on twitter, I spread it, I own it). Not sure what else I would be running from. I liked Bartell and Spencer last summer? So what. Not running from that.

You anointed yourself my fan club, by constantly trying to one up me. You are more clingy than a stalker.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    Greg Papa just advocated bringing Jamarcus back for a look. WTF
    —————————
    Greg Papa has officially lost ALL credibility if he was serious.

=========================================

The only people looking at JaMarcus are the waitstaff at the nearest Denny’s.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Damn! I thought this was a football blog. I sound more like a bunch of girls in Jr. high school. Anyone have anything to say about the Raiders? I used to enjoy reading fans posting about my favorite team, but now I have to sift through a crap load of BS to find a legitimate statement. Y’all sound like idiots!”

I agree and I was a part of the problem this morning so I do apologize…I wasn’t going to sit here and let a couple of half wit retards lie about me however.

I notice they both left!

• The_Judge37

312.R8RDave Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    ——

Feel free to start a Raider conversation, and we can feed off of that.

• Marks hair

yes minor… you will never hear removing a scar as a major surgery

• Just Fire Baby

This kid is spending way too much time in hospitals.

We aren’t talking about the training room, or on the sidelines watching practice.

Talking about being in the hospital.

Not good, worried we might have a lemon here.

• dr_robert

“Let’s start a foxworthy-esque list for the Pryor Brigade.

U know ur part of the Pryor Brigade if:”

1) You hate the way Tebow throws but you defend Pryor’s throwing motion! (Silver6)

2) You declare that bad throws in practice don’t matter, because he only throws well in games. (Duck)

3) You have an uncle that kinda talks like missdick.

• hwnrdr

Is the lemon law in effect in the NFL?

• The_Judge37

321.hwnrdr Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    Is the lemon law in effect in the NFL?
    ——

We wouldn’t be in this decade long mess if it was.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Not good, worried we might have a lemon here.”

And that is what everyone should be afraid of right now.

I am going to go back to the post when we drafted him and cut and paste some of my comments which were chastised then but should be thought of as prophetic now with this new news!

• nycraider

SnBG Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:53 pm
    —————————————
    people are killing Wilson about 2 passes today thrown for ints and we are supposed to ignore Hayden going into the hospital? Was it an in patient or out patient procedure?

• Marks hair

those are perfect because I have never ever laughed at Jeff Foxworthy either…

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    Is the lemon law in effect in the NFL?
    $$$$$$$$$

LOL
    I doubt it. Jabustus and McLame?

• The_Judge37

—-

He still hasn’t been released from the Hospital since last Tues or Wed.

• aig-raiders

Let me give you guys some input into Hayden’s medical condition. I had my stomach cut up (imagine an inverted letter T from the top of your chest to the belly button area) for a liver transplant. I know exactly the recouping time it took for me a non-pro athlete to get back to normal (including s$x). It took me 6 months to stretch my scar/muscles/skin out again. Scar tissue is no big deal as different doctors keep on telling me. The problem is Hayden’s stomach is full of muscles for a pro athlete so it will hurt like heck when he stretches them out again from real football movements. You cannot simulate football movements at the gym/workout…only out there in the field against another player. In this case, he just had his surgery in Nov and then out doing football stuff less than 6 months later. My take is he tore up his interior muscles and not relating to the original heart issue. I hope I’m right and my hunch says I’m right.

• nycraider

Bcz24 Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    *************

—————–
    dont flatter yourself. i may have addressed you 5 or 6 times in a year until today.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I hope Hayden is NOT Alameda Hospital. For all our sakes. Seriously.

• hwnrdr

322.The_Judge37 Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    321.hwnrdr Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    Is the lemon law in effect in the NFL?
    ——

We wouldn’t be in this decade long mess if it was.

LOL, sarcasm!

• dr_robert

Marks Hair Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    those are perfect because I have never ever laughed at Jeff Foxworthy either…
    *******
    Lol

• SnBG

Nycraider Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    SnBG Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:53 pm
    —————————————
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Like I said, some here are using Haydens issue to couch their hate for Reg and DA. Not all, not many, just a few. You know who you are. You queens

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Post #34

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 6:48 pm
    “How is this kid NOT a red flag?

I don’t want stories…I want players that stop the run…what the hell do we have against drafting tackles?

Can’t believe this CRAP!”

LMFAO you and I are in 1000% agreement and that is how horrible that pick was!!!

• dr_robert

Dr_robert Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    “Let’s start a foxworthy-esque list for the Pryor Brigade.

U know ur part of the Pryor Brigade if:”

3) You have an uncle that kinda talks like missdick. (Dr robert)

4) Ur top three qualifications for a qb are speed, escapability, and speed. (Dr robert)

• Just Fire Baby

I know they said the new injury was believed to be unrelated, but if it is at all related, how is this kid going to get cleared to play this year?

• dr_robert

“Let’s start a foxworthy-esque list for the Pryor Brigade.

U know ur part of the Pryor Brigade if:”

3) You have an uncle that kinda talks like missdick. (Dr robert)

5) U think its possible for a qb to go to Ohio State and spend two years in the nfl but have never been coached. (Dr robert)

• aig-raiders

They cut you 7 layers deep, in my case to get to liver. But pro athlete’s body can handle much more beating than mortals like me.

• xraided

if hayden doesn’t last long in TC when the hitting starts, then hit the panic button. until then, i’m chalking it up to still recovering from the surgery … happens to many people after going under the knife.

• SnBG

Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    ”””””””””””””””
    I hope you’re doing OK with that now. Nice post. Well thought out with experience to back up your comments. Ebert gives you 2 thumbs up!

• The_Judge37

336.Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:08 pm
    ——

I don’t think there’s any doubt this was related. I dont’ think it has to do with the heart problem itself, but it’s related to the surgery. Either way, not good.

• bcz24

He still hasn’t been released from the Hospital since last Tues or Wed.
    *********
    According to the tweets it was late last week. I don’t think anyone has given a specific day yet. That’s the sh1tty part about Twitter. Every little nugget hits the web instantly. Let’s see what happens when the full story breaks.

• Marks hair

334.. idk… dt phobia I guess.. id have grabbed a dlinemen.. but haydens a nice cb, so hopefully he pans out..

• Gdog

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

>>>>

How in the world would there be scar tissue on his abdomen if it wasn’t related? Unless of course they opened him up some other time…

• Just Fire Baby

Not hitting the panic button yet, but let’s just say that up until this report I wasn’t even concerned where said button was.

Now, I made sure to locate it, just in case.

• The_Judge37

339.xraided Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    ——-

To me this is more worrysome because it’s non contact that he can’t make it through. Also can’t be good for him mentally to have another setback.

• lefty12

The rebuild guys knees all the time.The reattach arm and shoulder muscles.Yet you guys are proclaiming the sky is falling because they removed some scar tissue.WOW.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Aig-Raiders Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

=========================================

I can’t believe you had the gall to bring that up. :p

• dr_robert

“Let’s start a foxworthy-esque list for the Pryor Brigade.

U know ur part of the Pryor Brigade if:”

3) You have an uncle that kinda talks like missdick. (Dr robert)

5) U think its possible for a qb to go to Ohio State and spend two years in the nfl but to have never been coached. (Dr robert)

6) U think this list is racist and ur wittle feelings are hurt. (Dr robert)

• aig-raiders

SnBG, that was back in 2001. I’m all good now. thanks bro. But Hayden is doing all this and want to compete at a world class level in less than 6 months from surgery. Dont know if that is doable.