2,867

Hayden released from hospital

Rookie cornerback D.J. Hayden has been released from Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley and “resting comfortably at home” in the Bay Area, according to a Raiders spokesman.

The team announced Tuesday that its No. 12 pick out of Houston had been recovering at a local hospital after undergoing surgery to remove abdominal scar tissue. Hayden reported discomfort during Oakland’s first organized team activity last week.

Hayden, whose draft stock soared despite his miraculous recovery from a near-death heart vein rupture at the University of Houston last fall, will be unavailable at least until training camp at the end of July, coach Dennis Allen said.

Steve Corkran

• The Big Banana

Lol, Vegas. Likewise my friend.

• Just Fire Baby

Hey, apparently the 49er fan base doesn’t have the market cornerned on stuffy, art connoisseur’s as football fans.

The Raider Nation has no boundaries.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

It was just a little over a year ago that the greatest painter of all time passed away.

I’m referring, of course, to Thomas Kinkade.

(ducks rotten fruit thrown his way)

• Just Fire Baby

And I mean “Stuffy” with the absolute, upmost respect.

• SnBG

June 1st, 2013 at 2:41 pm

The Raider Nation has no boundaries.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Yes and I hear some of them Raida fans drinks a little white wine in secret also.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    Sorry I meant Monet.
    - – - – - – - – - –

Big difference. So why did you mention the Louvre then? Best place to see Monet’s works is in L’Orangerie.

Talking out of your ass again?
    =======================================================

C’mon, Banana(and others). In football matters, where each and every one of us is right and those that disagree are wrong, such utterences are to be expected.

But with art, I think a more genteel approach is called for. We try to educate, or learn from others.

I know kell makes it nearly impossible, but he has no shortage of arrogant and ignorant takes on a wide variety of topics for you to blast him on.

I do think of football as an art form, but you know what I’m saying.

• SnBG

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:46 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    Sorry I meant Monet.
    - – – – – – – – – –

Talking out of your ass again?
    =======================================================

I do think of football as an art form, but you know what I’m saying.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I would definitely call the Raiders surrealists

• Just Fire Baby

Hey, sign me up for some quality Riesling anytime.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Big Banana Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:33 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    Sorry I meant Monet.

——-

Talking out of your ass again?
    ———————–
    You wish I suppose. The Best place to see Picasso’s too are are at his Museum in Paris. But that also have quite a collection at the Louvre. Not as many as the Van Gough’s though.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Van Gough, dark dreary and depressing.

• The Big Banana

SnBG Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:44 pm
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:41 pm

The Raider Nation has no boundaries.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

———-

Hey, the guys we park next to during games have steak and wine on a table clothed table with real silverware, wine glasses, the whole 9, before each game. No joke.

Vegas, lol, that’s my wife’s influence. She’s a bronze scultpress. I do enjoy art though.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You ever go into a coffee shop and order, Hashsish or Marijuana and the waiter ask’s Pipe or Paper?

Bulldog Cafe, Amsterdam.!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Interesting point. I’m sure Van Gogh was aware of the reversal in a reflected image, though. Right ear.
    - – - – - – - –

Now that I think about it, he was certainly aware of the asymetry of human faces, so instead of painting his right side reflected, ending up with the more accurate image of a bandaged left ear, he chose the truer version, accuracy be damned. Right call, IMO.

• The Big Banana

I do think of football as an art form, but you know what I’m saying.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I would definitely call the Raiders surrealists

——

Lol, the Raiders or their fans?

I do enjoy art though.

*************************

Nothing wrong with that, and I am sure I am not the only guy to needle you a little about it.

It is a topic I know nothing about.

But when I went to the Philadelphia Art Museum (could be called something else, I don’t know) I was blown away by the 20 foot long tapestry things made 400 years ago.

Never quite wrapped my head around how the hell they made those so damn well.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

—————————-
    You both would enjoy a day at the Louvre. ;-)

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says:
    Hey, sign me up for some quality Riesling anytime.
    =====================================================

Definitely prefer reds, but I loved liebfraumilch when I was younger. Remember a clay bottle.
    Yes, I googled liebfraumilch and whaddaya know? I had it right.

• new improved dr robert now cherry flavored

So I bring up great artists such as Cosby, bb, Van Gogh, and bonet (wink), and u guys still argue.

Gotta love the blog.

• xraided

June 1st, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    I do enjoy art though.

*************************

It is a topic I know nothing about.

_____________

are you guys married or dating?

• Just Fire Baby

A dark red with a steak I can handle, otherwise I am a wine snobs worst nightmare.

Give me some reisling, some sprite and a splash of Citron Vodka and call me set.

Or some super-sweet Icewine or table wine in some Sangria or something.

Can’t drink warm, bold wine.

• Just Fire Baby

are you guys married or dating?

****************************

I don’t know, will you pass him a note for me in study hall?

• The Big Banana

June 1st, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    I do enjoy art though.

*************************

It is a topic I know nothing about.

Never quite wrapped my head around how the hell they made those so damn well.

——

Lol, welcome to the art world. There’s lots more where that came from, and much of it’s pretty amazing.

We recently went to the Art Institute of Chicago and came away quite impressed. Lots of good stuff there, American and European master pieces. Was awesome to see the Sunday on La Grand Jatte by Seurat up close. One of my all time favorites. And I’ll help KK out here…that’s there is pointillism.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Anybody here ever been to Raffels Hotel in Singapore, where they invented the Singapore Sling? Nice.

• xraided

June 1st, 2013 at 3:02 pm
    are you guys married or dating?

****************************

I don’t know, will you pass him a note for me in study hall?
    _________

LOL just playin

man the white sox are garbage!

that and the A’s are awesome

• Just Fire Baby

Reddick and his .150 batting average are back in the lineup.

He better get his shat together quick, or there won’t be many AB’s for him in the future.

• The Big Banana

KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:57 pm
    —————————-
    You both would enjoy a day at the Louvre.

——

Yes, we would and we did. We preferred the Orsay though. You know, the one with the largest collection of Impressionism.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Big Banana Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:57 pm
    —————————-
    You both would enjoy a day at the Louvre.

——

————————-
    Alrighty then, I didn’t make that one. :-)

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:

Bulldog Cafe, Amsterdam.!
    =====================================================

2nd time. Guess you want an answer. Yes, not the Bulldog, but had to take a local guy and the train to Belgium to get the couple of kilos I wanted.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Anybody here ever smoke Thai Stick in Thailand. The girls just give it to ya.

• xraided

June 1st, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    Reddick and his .150 batting average are back in the lineup.

_________

yea he just came off of injury… i’m sure melvin is giving him some leeway

you saw him last night right?

• xraided

chris young is the weak link

he and freiman at first base… horrid

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 3:09 pm
    KoolKell Says:

Bulldog Cafe, Amsterdam.!
    =====================================================

——————————-
    Lol. liar.

• Just Fire Baby

you saw him last night right?

************************

I did not, what did he do?

As a former OF, I love watching him play defensively. Has a hose.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says:

Or some super-sweet Icewine or table wine in some Sangria or something.

Can’t drink warm, bold wine.
    ================================================

We’re opposites onmore than a few things. Hah!
    I like ‘em red, bold, and so dry they’re dusty.
    But I don’t like dark beers, anymore. Give mea golden brew. Mind you, a 6 pack of dark beer won’t languish in my fridge.

Frieman seems all right.

I know the infielders love throwing to that 6’8 target at 1B.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Red Light Dist in Amsterdam is a trip too. Naked girls in big display windows, right on the canal. Trip.

• Just Fire Baby

Mind you, a 6 pack of dark beer won’t languish in my fridge.

***************************

LOL

Something my wife never seems to grasp.

It’s always, “why did you drink those IPA’s, I thought you didn’t like them? They were for when such and such comes over?”

“Well, Fck they only been in the fridge for 3 weeks!!! WTF did you think would ultimately happen?”

• xraided

June 1st, 2013 at 3:15 pm
    you saw him last night right?

************************

I did not, what did he do?

As a former OF, I love watching him play defensively. Has a hose.
    _________

two run double that sealed the deal and made a couple of amazing catches in the outfield … he just needs to keep it up!

yea same here in HS … the spiderman is a good player when he’s hot and defensively he’s always solid

**************************

Is that like the Market St. Cinema in SF?

Because I have been there, lol

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

No lie, Kell. 3 of the 5 packages I mailed home were intercepted. Selling off the other two didn’t cover my legal fees.

• 0ak r8rs

Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 11:34 am
    “Agreed. Along with more silence than I’ve ever heard from a team whose lease is expiring…”

And nobody is saying anything about it which is so amazing to me I feel like Will Ferrell in Zoolander “Am I taking crazy people pills”

Not even any local sports writers mentioning of it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

I forgot will Farrell was in zoolander

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

June 1st, 2013 at 3:20 pm

**************************

Is that like the Market St. Cinema in SF?

Because I have been there, lol
    ————————-
    Me too. HE’LL NO. I’m talking about Front Windows on the Street. The whole damn hood.

• 0ak r8rs

KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:51 pm
    Van Gough, dark dreary and depressing.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pretty sure that’s the first time I’ve seen van gough mentioned in this blog.

THE OFFSEASON SUCKS!!!!!!!

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

0ak R8rs Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:51 pm
    Van Gough, dark dreary and depressing.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pretty sure that’s the first time I’ve seen van gough mentioned in this blog.

THE OFFSEASON SUCKS!!!!!!!

========================================

We need to get Beeech in here with a Rasta Ganja jam…

• 0ak r8rs

SnBG Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:38 pm
    Parallel to the Jeu de Paume is L’Orangerie, home to the famous Water Lilies paintings by Claude Monet.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Holy shlt! PRESEASON STARTS WHEN????? Haha

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Being an inner-city Oakland kid, I’d never heard of Golden Showers, until my Redneck shipmates told me about them when they came back to the boat in the Phillippines. Eww, smh, lol.

• 0ak r8rs

SnBG Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:44 pm
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:41 pm

The Raider Nation has no boundaries.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

FACK wine! Real men drink light beer!!! Haha

• Just Fire Baby

I steered the subject a tad to seedy strip clubs and a local horror house.

A topic I am a tad more versed in, and more reflective upon the Nation.

• 0ak r8rs

June 1st, 2013 at 3:35 pm
    I steered the subject a tad to seedy strip clubs and a local horror house.

A topic I am a tad more versed in, and more reflective upon the Nation.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Haha. I saw. Idc what you guys talk about. As long as its not the NBA. Pointless waste of time sport. I just find it funny because the offseason is so boring we might talk about anything. I was talking w people about movies and TV shows a week ago. We r all just so news starved. And I’m a rangers fan. And a Knicks fan. And a Mets fan. So I literally have nothing else until NFL preseason. I’m dying of boredom like the rest of you.

• xraided

FACK wine! Real men drink light beer!!! Haha

_______

drinkin a racer 5 right now … IPA all the way!