2,867

Hayden released from hospital

Rookie cornerback D.J. Hayden has been released from Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley and “resting comfortably at home” in the Bay Area, according to a Raiders spokesman.

The team announced Tuesday that its No. 12 pick out of Houston had been recovering at a local hospital after undergoing surgery to remove abdominal scar tissue. Hayden reported discomfort during Oakland’s first organized team activity last week.

Hayden, whose draft stock soared despite his miraculous recovery from a near-death heart vein rupture at the University of Houston last fall, will be unavailable at least until training camp at the end of July, coach Dennis Allen said.

Steve Corkran

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I brought a Rungu back for the morones here

The Massai women walk miles to a vegetable market. On the way back to the village they’re robbed by Baboons. Young boys use the Rungu to protect the ladies.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Ebony wood, pretty dense.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

See that little point on the tip? That’s the skull cracker.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“I guess if you’re well traveled and culturally diverse, you know more about Raider football than anybody else?”

Yes once you have stared at the Gates of Istanbul or walked in Tiananmen Square it is easier for one to have a better understanding of the read option!

Speaking of traveling I was in NYC a few weeks ago and when I told people I was a Raider fan they asked why we didn’t share the stadium like they did? IT was as if I spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express all of the sudden I was a stadium expert because of many travels…

• Just Fire Baby

I see the read option taking a massive step backwards league wide this year.

Kap and Cam are about the only ones I can see being able to run that type of offense for 16 games, and they are good enough passers to where getting 8 yards and ducking a headshot from a LB just isn’t really worth it anymore.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You can buy Valium over the counter in Hong Kong, ok?

• Just Fire Baby

Holy crap, can’t touch the princess apparently.

Give me the days of Dr. J and Bird punching each other at half court in the Eastern Conference Finals.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 5:59 pm
    Holy crap, can’t touch the princess apparently.

==========================================

Or Danny Ainge and Tree Rollins slugging it out…

• SnBG

You can walk into a clinic in a fairly large city in Mexico without an appointment and if the Dr isn’t to busy you can see a specialist that day without seeing you’re GP or a nurse practitioner have the Dr check you out, have a stress test and an EKG.Then have a follow up. Without insurance a couple hundred dollars.There are several tiers of insurance for those that are unemployed to those who can afford to pay for private rooms and less wait times in the waiting room.
    There is so much that is wrong in the U.S. medical system.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Or Danny Ainge and Tree Rollins slugging it out…”

What about Bill Lambeer or Isiah Thomas and Adrian Dantley?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

You can buy anything over the counter in Mexico you can also get kidnapped in Mexico City.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I’ll tell ya another shock.

The brothers do pretty well with the ladies, Internationally.

• mcfadden20.

I Don’t know how the A’s keep on winning, freaking couldn’t bring a run with based loaded and no outs in the 9th? and only 4 runs after putting 24 runners on bases

Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Well, you can’t buy anything over the counter but you can buy a lot of things.
    It’s possible to be kidknapped in Mx city but not to likely plus there are so many other places in Mexico that are as safe or safer than in the U.S. Don’t believe all the news you hear about Mexico. There are troubles but I’ve traveled to a lot of places in Mx and spend several months a year in Mexico and have never had a problem.

Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Well, you can’t buy anything over the counter but you can buy a lot of things.

• SnBG

Sorry, didn’t mean to double post.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I’ve been to Playa del Carmen, it’s nice, but the police carry machine guns.

KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    I’ve been to Playa del Carmen, it’s nice, but the police carry machine guns.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    They do in Italy also. You get used to it. No big deal.

• Just Fire Baby

Most all the Mexicans I meet in El Paso, from Juarez and surrounding area’s, live 10 miles from the border and haven’t stepped foot across it in 10 years, except for funerals and weddings.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

South Korea too, yeah, you get used to it. But it’s also a reality when you’re walking.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

I have been to Mexico City several times I know enough to stay away from certain areas anywhere I travel. I was a musician years ago so I traveled enough.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:23 pm
    ””””””””””””””””””’
    Don’t blame them. Don’t like Juarez.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:23 pm

=========================================

This is it’s so ridiculous when people oppose Mexican immigration and say “THEY WANT TO RETURN THE SOUTHWESTERN UNITED STATES TO MEXICO!” No, you idiots. These people just risked everything they have to get AWAY from Mexico. They don’t want to go back.

• SnBG

Mexican immigration to the U.S. is slowing down because there are more opportunities opening up there. Watch out U.S. We need to wake up to the economic growth taking place in Latin America.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:

I’ll tell ya another shock.

The brothers do pretty well with the ladies, Internationally.
    ==================================================

They might have been exaggerating, kell. You knowhow sailors are.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Anybody here ever been in a public nudity environment?

Me and 3 other Navy buddies, after we got out, were vacationing in Amsterdam, yeah.

We were renting an apt from the Sonesta Hotel there. They had a Gym and Spa there. I’m a sauna monkey from my days in Japan.

I go downstair to the sauna, and everybody is nude.???? Men and Women……

Very uncomfortable. But you know what? The next day I was fine.

• Just Fire Baby

Newsflash Indiana:

Layups count the same as dunks. Just put it in the basket

• Just Fire Baby

I have been to the topless part of the Hard Rock pool in Vegas.

Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:25 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Yep, you need to be careful anywhere you go. I have been mugged twice in the U.S and I had a friend that was kidnapped in Oakland. He was coming out of his office and a guy made him get into the trunk of his car by gunpoint.He survived and it made the papers.

• Twocents

KoolKell does well with the “ladies” if they have been conquered and forced into prostitution.

KoolKell Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:35 pm
    Anybody here ever been in a public nudity environment?

I go downstair to the sauna, and everybody is nude.???? Men and Women……

Very uncomfortable. But you know what? The next day I was fine.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Are there still lots of nudist beaches up and down the Cali coast? Went to several when I was in my teems.

2 minutes.

Go Heat!!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Twocents Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:39 pm
    ——————-
    Sorry the wife has just served dinner, will get back later.

• SnBG

Calistoga has a Spa pool etc… that has shared showers. Men and women walk around naked without any trouble.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    I’ve been to Playa del Carmen, it’s nice, but the police carry machine guns.
    ===================================================

Tourist trap. Best places to stay from Cancun to Punta Allen is any place you haven’t heard of. Cozumel? Forget it, try Isla Mujares, still touristy but funky, not cruise ship phony. Holbox for authenticity.
    Machine guns and check points common in Quintana Roo.
    Chichen Itza worth visiting but Uxmel nearly as goodwith 90 percent less people. Lady and I spent te night and walked the whole place next morning. Saw 3 or 4 other people. No ropes, cordons, lines, guides, just wander in and out of the Mayan ruins as you please.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says:

Newsflash Indiana:

Layups count the same as dunks. Just put it in the basket
    ========================================================

There’s a comment that belonged in the convo the other morning comparing present and past players.
    Similar to acting like you’ve been in the endzone before and doing a stupid dance.

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:45 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    I’ve been to Playa del Carmen, it’s nice, but the police carry machine guns.
    ===================================================

Machine guns and check points common in Quintana Roo.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I have a house on a lake 5 hrs drive south of Cancun. It’s fantastic. In fact I’m here in Mx now. Quintana Roo is the safest place in Mx. Theirs so much more to it than Playa or Cancun and Tulum. Started coming down here when you could walk the beach at Akumal naked for hours.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

‘as opposed to doing a stupid dance’, to clarify.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

5 hours south? You’d be in Belize City!

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:55 pm
    5 hours south? You’d be in Belize City!
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Almost but I’m by Bacalar on the Lake of Seven Colors. If you don’t know about this lake just google it. One of the most beautiful lakes in the world.

• SnBG

I should have said we are close to the Belize border. Belize city is a lot farther south. Not far from Corazoltown in Belize though.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

The wife and I have talked occasionally about going to Disneyland Tokyo for a trip. I’ve always told her that if we do it, I’d want to book the flight for a stopover in Saigon, so when people ask me what my vacation was like, I can say “I WENT TO ‘NAM!”

Heat shooting just 31%

Pacers dominating this 3rd qtr. ugly

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Have always wanted to go to Nam. There’s a show on TV called Hotels that did a trip to Nam.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

Analysis

DEPTH CHARTS FEATURE – What Ourlads NFL Scouting Services said before TERRELLE PRYOR made the Oakland Raiders’ depth chart: Ohio State, 6053 236 4.45. Three-year starter with record of 31-4. An ascending right-handed pro quarterback prospect with unique and versatile athletic ability. Possesses the talent and skill set to contribute early in his career and provide impact play. Big, strong, and athletic enough to play a slot receiver position while he is learning all nuances of NFL quarterback play. Caught 3 passes for 2 touchdowns in Buckeye career. In 2010 he demonstrated a command of the offense. When passing the ball he had good arm strength and velocity to throw vertical and all NFL three level routes. Good footwork and balance in the pocket. Keeps his feet alive. Good deep ball accuracy at 50 yards plus. He can hit a moving target in stride downfield with few adjustments. Ball is wobbly at times. Not a perfect spiral. Holds ball up chest to shoulder high. He has developed touch on checkdowns, swing passes, and screens. Quick set up to the throwing point when taking the snap from under center. Approximately a 60/40 ratio of spread shotgun to pro style snap under center. Has a deliberate delivery with a quick wrist snap to get the ball out to his receivers. The nose of the ball will drop at times on short routes causing the football to dive and fall short of the target. Improved his ability in 2010 to pre-read, sight adjust, and locate secondary receivers. Noticeable improvement in his field vision and awareness in 2010. Appeared to read defenses better out of the shotgun than when taking snaps and dropping back to throwing point. Better anticipation in 2010 but rarely had to throw into tight windows. His receivers were generally wide open. Poised in the pocket. Was more confident with his protection in 2010. Keeps his eyes down the field. Has courage, doesn’t panic, and is determined to stay in the pocket. Stands tall and steps up when he feels pressure. Spreads the ball around to wide receivers, backs, and tight ends. Throws the complete route tree vertically and horizontally. Can make plays on the move, particularly running and passing to his left. Can buy time and extend a play. Creates plays with his feet. Natural athleticism. Can avoid and escape the rush with suddenness. Demonstrates the ability to reset his body with balance to make a quick and accurate throw. Dangerous when he pulls the ball down and runs to daylight. A smooth and explosive athlete with long strides. Has the innate speed and strength to run away from defenders. Uses a straight arm to ward off tacklers. Possesses functional speed and quickness. The Buckeyes ran a read option series out of their spread formation. Pryor’s decision making and consistency improved in 2010. Strong enough to shake off arm tackles or pass rushers in the pocket. Not easy to tackle. Finishes his runs. Elusive in the open field. Big, strong, and durable. Clutch ability to perform in crucial situations. Moves the team when needed, especially with the game on the line. He does have a bad habit of carrying the ball in the one hand or out away from his body, setting up a fumble or strip opportunity. He will also throw back across his body and the defense at times. Terrelle Pryor is an ultra competitive, playmaking, passionate, and athletic quarterback who played in a structured offensive scheme at Ohio State. He concluded his three-year college career in 2010 with six of his top eight performances. Productive with 6177 career passing yards (fifth at OSU), completed 16 consecutive passes in a game (second all time in the Big-10). Only six times in OSU history has a quarterback rushed for 100 yards and passed for 200 yards or more in the same game. Pryor did it five times. He is the Ohio State all-time quarterback rushing leader with 2164 yards (fourth on the Big-10 all-time list). Tenth in the country in 2010 in passing efficiency with 159.88 rating. Pryor had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in February 2010 after partially tearing his posterior cruciate ligament. He also had surgery on 1/7/11 to stabilize a ligament in his right foot injured in the Sugar Bowl. Pryor will need to learn and continue to improve on all the nuances and fundamentals of the pro passing game – decision making (judgment and decisiveness), accuracy, consistency, ability to anticipate windows in coverage (throw to spots), ability to handle adjustments, game management, react to adversity, reliability, and leadership. Most of his leadership qualities appear as a playmaker on the field. Pryor made the comment during his junior year that he didn’t work as hard as he could have his first two years and started to believe all the hype before the light went on in 2010. Projected to apply for Supplemental Draft this summer. MVP in 2011 Sugar Bowl, MVP in 2010 Rose Bowl. Beat Michigan three straight years along with three Big-10 championships.Big-10 2008 Freshman of the Year. USA Today High School Player of the Year in 2007, led his team to state championships in both football and basketball at Jeannette (PA) High School. Born 6/20/89. The Cleveland Plain Dealer called the high school recruitment of Terrelle Pryor the most publicized recruiting saga in college football history. Has red flags that need to be addressed. A boom or bust prospect. A first/second round developmental talent.

what happened to the Heat defense from the 1st half?

or their offense for that matter?

wow. Heat have to overcome a 13 point deficit in 12 minutes.

It better be a different Heat team that shows up in the 4th!

• jesusraiderjim

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    RIP Jean “Edith ‘Dingbat’ Bunker” Stapleton.
    ————————————————

Oh no Aaachie. Gloorria

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Anybody here ski the Swiss Alps?

My wife’s best friend own’s a place in Bad Ragaz, a ski resort East of Zurich.
    There were 3 couples staying there. I’m the only black of course. There was a German……conservative guy there I discussed politics with till late.

The next morning they take me up the damn chairs skiing. Took em a half hour to get me on my feet. That damn German dude was soooooooooo, not shocked. lmao.