Allen eyes Moore as team’s No. 1 receiver

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 at 3:25 pm in Oakland Raiders.

ALAMEDA – Tight end Brandon Myers and fullback Marcel Reece were the Raiders top two receivers last season. If coach Dennis Allen gets his way, his wide receivers won’t be so overshadowed this season.
Denarius Moore led Raiders wide receivers with 51 receptions for 741 yards and seven touchdowns in 2012. Still, he appeared to regress from his rookie season, when he burst onto the scene as a consistent playmaker.
At one point last season, Moore got benched during a game late last season for lackluster play.
“He’s a guy that we’re counting on being our No. 1 receiver,” Allen said of Moore. “But we need all those guys. … At the end of the day, we’ll have five, maybe six receivers that have a chance to help this football team.”
The Raiders get back Jacoby Ford from a foot injury that sidelined him all of last season. They also drafted Brice Butler and signed free agents Josh Cribbs, Conner Vernon and Sam McGuffie.
Juron Criner and Rod Streater showed promise last season as rookies. Allen said he expects significant growth from both players this season.
“I feel like a vet,” Streater said. “Just over a year, I felt like I learned so much, from coverages and plays and things like that. I feel like I understand a whole lot more and can contribute more than I did last year.”
Allen said all it takes for one of the receivers to become the go-to receiver is showing the ability to catch the ball and make plays on a consistent basis.
“We need guys to go up and make plays for us,” Allen said. “It’s understanding the route combinations, understanding the different techniques of running certain routes. Those are all certain things that you gain from experience. What a receiver is paid to do is go up and make plays on the ball and that’s what we’re looking for.”

• SnBG

J Hill Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:00 pm
    Of course, I think Mark will go to his comfort zone & hire Gruden.

—————————————————————————–
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I’ll stick with DA as he is here now and Gruden is a pipe dream. As for other possible Raider HCs don’t even care right now. I’m willing to see what DA does over the next to years. 6-10 and DA will stay.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

in fact i have never made any comment on so called interracial relationships

people are free to love whom ever they choose it isnt my business

i have no issue with that, and i would never try and force others to fit what i believe no matter what that is or isnt

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Tyrone is Irish? Who knew?

• DutchRaider77

177.Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:00 pm
    I don’t why, but Lebron sounds French to me.

__________________________________________________

Tyrone is actually an Irish name…

• RaiderLen

Isn’t that a roman name?
    ————————-
    I had to google it.

It’s origin is American English. lol

• SnBG

Inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:04 pm
    deepthreat21 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:03 pm
    Let’s get the rest of these rookies signed and then go get John Abraham. Boom.

_________
    i’m with you
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Not for his current price and attitude. Hewants to have a lot of snaps or he will retire. Please, Abraham, get real.

Troll Hunter Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:03 pm
    No Dr. Must be someone else.
    *********
    My bad. I think it was “Troll Patrol”. Another missdick alias.

My apologies.

• ESETERIK78

If you haven’t seen the 30 for 30 Elway to Marino you need to.

• RaiderLen

Tyrone is actually an Irish name…

———————————–
    Well….If it sounds strong…enough said…lol

KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:05 pm
    Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:03 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:53 pm
    Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:45 pm
    What Mistic says has absolutely no effect on me or my wife.

Get a life dip schit. It will solve all your problems.
    ********
    U dont defend her. U stick up for him. Don’t mind his bigotry against ur wife. What a husband.
    —————————–
    Get your own life Dipschit
    ******
    Ok. I guess ur cool with him calling ur wife a lying racist white supremacist cave person.

If that’s u being loyal, cool.
    ——————————-
    Get a life, Tard boy.
    *********
    Tsk tsk. What a defender of ur woman.

Pretty cowardly.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DutchRaider77 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    177.Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:00 pm
    I don’t why, but Lebron sounds French to me.

__________________________________________________

Tyrone is actually an Irish name…
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Origins are Irish and Greek. I was surprised.

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    in fact i have never made any comment on so called interracial relationships

people are free to love whom ever they choose it isnt my business

********
    I never said anything about interracial relationships.

But u think kells wife is a lying racist white supremacist cave person.

Oh. I’m sorry. Suspected.

Correct?

• DutchRaider77

Origins are Irish and Greek. I was surprised.

_____________________________________________

Yeah, one of my sister’s creepy hippie friends’ original name was Tyrone, he changed it for a while to “Astro John.” Parents imigrated from Ireland…

• inonewordraider

didn’t think it could happen before the sd game

but priest is right, If Flynn or Wilson don’t noticeably separate themselves from the pack

the harder it will be to keep pryor off the bench because he will get better, he has the bigger arm, and he’s lightning fast

• SnBG

The name Tyrone is believed to derive from the Greek “Turannos” meaning “sovereign” or “king.” Additionally, Tryone is a location name in Ulster county in northern Ireland, which is believed to derive from the Irish Gaelic “Tir Eoghain”meaning “land of Eoghan” or “land of the noble.” “Owen” is an anglicized form of “Eoghan,” so it also means “land of Owen.”

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Kell will probably yell at his wife when she gets home I stead if manning up and telling missdick to stfu.

• raiderinparadise

Olson is a joke …. he has accomplished nothing, worked for awful teams, awful qb’s, awful production ….

unless this guy is having some crazy surge to success its depressing to put confidence in him.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Missdick can’t name a single white American he has love for.

Smh.

And I’m the racist.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

I mean I even love missdick and Kell.

Would gladly help them if they were in a bind.

I just think they’re idiots.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Tyrone is actually an Irish name…

———————————–
    Well….If it sounds strong…enough said…lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My friend is Irish. I enjoy being around his family.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    —————————-
    My wife could care less about what’s said on this blog, Tard Boy. Neither should you, if you had a life.

Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Tyrone is actually an Irish name…

———————————–
    Well….If it sounds strong…enough said…lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My friend is Irish. I enjoy being around his family.
    **********
    Anyone but the Jews, eh?

KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    —————————-
    ********
    Geez Kell. Here I am trying to defend ur wife (which u won’t do), and attack me instead of the guy who thinks u married a cave woman.

• RaiderLen

Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Tyrone is actually an Irish name…

———————————–
    Well….If it sounds strong…enough said…lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My friend is Irish. I enjoy being around his family.
    ———————————————–
    People enjoy being in our house as well.

My Kids and their friends have always congregated at our house.

We don’t sweat the little stuff, and allow people to be themselves.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

didn’t think it could happen before the sd game

=====================

LOL!!!!

was i “right” as well then?

Well let’s see what we have discerned:

Missdick can’t name a single white American he loves.

Kell doesn’t mind his wife being called horrible names.

RaiderO don’t like the Jews.

Lol. Take it racists.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    in fact i have never made any comment on so called interracial relationships

people are free to love whom ever they choose it isnt my business

********
    I never said anything about interracial relationships.
    =================

you just spent the last half hour talking about kk and his wife

what a liar

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Take it easy fellas. Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful.

• RaiderLen

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    Well let’s see what we have discerned:

Missdick can’t name a single white American he loves.

Kell doesn’t mind his wife being called horrible names.

RaiderO don’t like the Jews.

Lol. Take it racists.
    —————————————-
    You are acting the fool.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    Well let’s see what we have discerned:

Missdick can’t name a single white American he loves.

Kell doesn’t mind his wife being called horrible names.

RaiderO don’t like the Jews.

Lol. Take it racists.
    ———————————
    Get a life Tard Boy.

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

you just spent the last half hour talking about kk and his wife

what a liar
    *********
    Did I say “interracial”? No. U did.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Len—a bit. Just toying with the bigots.

• Twocents

One more day of these faux football practices and then six weeks till the fun really starts.

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    Well let’s see what we have discerned:

Missdick can’t name a single white American he loves.

Kell doesn’t mind his wife being called horrible names.

RaiderO don’t like the Jews.

Lol. Take it racists.
    —————————————-
    You are acting the fool.
    ********
    But it’s all true.

• Scourge

Evening, all!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:16 pm
    Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Tyrone is actually an Irish name…

———————————–
    Well….If it sounds strong…enough said…lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My friend is Irish. I enjoy being around his family.
    **********
    Anyone but the Jews, eh?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My ex in KY was Jewish. She was great and helped my adjust. I still have a few things from her to remember. My favorite thing is a TI calculator. lol

• Plunketthead

I weep for my chatroom

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Meanwhile, from the department of other entertaining sports:

the Stanley Cup Finals, game 1 just started.

If you all want to see the most skilled, highest speed team sport in the world played by the top teams, check it out now.

Should be a great series with a good contrast of styles. You have Chicago and their quickness and very active aggressive defense against the bigger, more physical, extremely efficient defense first machine that is Boston.

• Priesttj12

The Nets just hired Jason kidd right off the court as his career ended. I think he retired so he could get that job. he onoy retired less than a month ago.

• The Florida Pete

“Some of the current receivers had difficulty getting in synch with quarterback Carson Palmer last season. Too often, they ran incorrect routes or weren’t where they were supposed to be.”

yeah…

if Palmer hadn’t sucked so bad we’d a made the playoffs…

• raiderlization

#25 and 40 have limited reading Pryor only ran scout team for carolina game!Up to that point that was about it! lmao! Racist or Dumb Maybe both!

• Raider J

D.Moore needs to learn how to avoid taking big hits unnecessarily.