Allen eyes Moore as team’s No. 1 receiver

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 at 3:25 pm in Oakland Raiders.

ALAMEDA – Tight end Brandon Myers and fullback Marcel Reece were the Raiders top two receivers last season. If coach Dennis Allen gets his way, his wide receivers won’t be so overshadowed this season.
Denarius Moore led Raiders wide receivers with 51 receptions for 741 yards and seven touchdowns in 2012. Still, he appeared to regress from his rookie season, when he burst onto the scene as a consistent playmaker.
At one point last season, Moore got benched during a game late last season for lackluster play.
“He’s a guy that we’re counting on being our No. 1 receiver,” Allen said of Moore. “But we need all those guys. … At the end of the day, we’ll have five, maybe six receivers that have a chance to help this football team.”
The Raiders get back Jacoby Ford from a foot injury that sidelined him all of last season. They also drafted Brice Butler and signed free agents Josh Cribbs, Conner Vernon and Sam McGuffie.
Juron Criner and Rod Streater showed promise last season as rookies. Allen said he expects significant growth from both players this season.
“I feel like a vet,” Streater said. “Just over a year, I felt like I learned so much, from coverages and plays and things like that. I feel like I understand a whole lot more and can contribute more than I did last year.”
Some of the current receivers had difficulty getting in synch with quarterback Carson Palmer last season. Too often, they ran incorrect routes or weren’t where they were supposed to be.
Allen said all it takes for one of the receivers to become the go-to receiver is showing the ability to catch the ball and make plays on a consistent basis.
“We need guys to go up and make plays for us,” Allen said. “It’s understanding the route combinations, understanding the different techniques of running certain routes. Those are all certain things that you gain from experience. What a receiver is paid to do is go up and make plays on the ball and that’s what we’re looking for.”

• RaiderLen

I don’t know about anyone else in here, but I like the parts we have on the D.

I like what Sims, Walker, Houston and Carter will bring to the D Line.

These guys will “Do their Job.” Effectively.

The LB core will be smarter and benefit from the guys up front occupying blockers.

Our secondary should be much improved.

We’ve upgraded the overall talent and depth.

I foresee a lot more discipline, and talent as compared to last year.

Fewer blown assignments, and far fewer big plays given up in the run game.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RediaR Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:21 pm
    Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:19 pm
    RediaR Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:12 pm
    Lets say Hugh stays. He plays Denver twice and obviously loses. His secondary explodes the first couple of weeks. McFadden is noticeably slowed. Ford is still on blocks. Moore has ADD. Seymour and Kelly age rapidly and deal with injuries. He has to cut ways with his best pass rusher. McClain is McClain. And yet he wins more than 4 games?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Healthy DMC, CP, and a new DC? Can he do worse? I don’t think so.
    ————————
    What healthy DMC? That was more than Scheme.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He played 12 games.
    What does “that was more than scheme” means?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

SnBG Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:14 pm
    Tafur speculates DA on the hotseat.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Speculating isn’t fact. When Mark or Reg says that then I will believe it. It’s always fun and a bit sensational for a reporter to say such things but where is the proof?
    ———————————
    I said SPECULATE ok? But he’s around the club everyday.

• RaiderLen

Sounds like Mark will be on 95.7 Friday and they’re planning to ask him what DA has to show this year.
    ———————————
    Thanks for the heads up.

Gotta hear that.

• SnBG

June 12th, 2013 at 4:12 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Exactly! Ding,Ding,Ding. Even if Hues team was intact, there is no way that they beat the Peytons. 6-10, easy.

• inonewordraider

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:24 pm
    listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

U incessantly talk bigotry

==================

strange but you are the only person here doing it today
    ********
    How so? Do u know what the definition of bigotry is? Cuz I do. And I don’t think u do.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:21 pm
    i didnt say he sucked in college dutch

I didnt think he would be better than the guys i mentioned though

i was right

________
    u also said joe webb would be better than Christian ponder

come one mistic, you aren’t always right, none of us are, nothing wrong with that
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I’m always right. That’s why I’m the zookeeper. lol

• Priesttj12

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:09 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Vic Tafur

” Tyler Wilson not in the mix this year.”
    ===================

uh oh what happened to macgloin band wagon also

must have cracked a wheel
    ***************************************
    Congrats! when you’re right you’re right.

It’s hard to get across to these guys not to listen to the media but I have tried many times to get them to be objective and think for themselves. Wilson was never going to win this thing this year. They made him out to be the next Brett Farve after one OTA,,,,,,,,lol

This stufff gets to be tooo funny sometimes.

This will come down to Flynn fending off a hot and heavy chase by Pryor to get that job and he will have to put up or he will get benched……..period

Pryor may not start game1 but keeping that kid and his bigplay ability on the bench will be tough to do.

• RaiderLen

Inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    IF DA doesn’t perform to Reggie’s liking

some 2014 hc candidates:

Davis Shaw
    Jon Gruden
    Lovie Smith
    Tony Sparano
    Greg Olson
    ——————————————
    Davis Shaw please.

He will eventually be lured away from Stanford.

It might be several years however.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Main Entry: big·ot
    Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
    Date: 1660
    : a person who is or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
    — big·ot·ed \-gə-təd\ adjective
    — big·ot·ed·ly adverb
    *********
    That’s u missdick.

I love black people. Can’t stand u.

Can u say u love white people?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

i didnt say he sucked in college dutch

I didnt think he would be better than the guys i mentioned though

i was right

________
    u also said joe webb would be better than Christian ponder

come one mistic, you aren’t always right,
    =============================

never said i was

webb’s growth was stunted by the vikes that flip flopped hiim between qb and wr, he never had a chance to truly develop in either position.

think tony martin or matt jones

• SnBG

KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:26 pm
    SnBG Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:14 pm
    Tafur speculates DA on the hotseat.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ———————————
    I said SPECULATE ok? But he’s around the club everyday.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Exactly…Speculation.I haven’t seen that comment from Tarfur but he should be ashamed of himself if he is speculating on something like that.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    IF DA doesn’t perform to Reggie’s liking

some 2014 hc candidates:

Davis Shaw
    Jon Gruden
    Lovie Smith
    Tony Sparano
    Greg Olson
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I like Shaw and Smith.
    I also think Rex Ryan will be available after another bad season this year.

• Twocents

I can tell you exactly what Mark Davis will say if asked about DA. “Reggie McKenzie is my GM and he makes the decision about our HC.”

• SilverLining20

Yes! We made the NFL Network ticker.
    “Oakland Raiders passing game has a long way to go.”

GO RAIDERS!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL at ” I love black people”.
    I’m not racist, I love black people.
    Still lol

• Priesttj12

85.RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:14 pm
    Tafur speculates DA on the hotseat.
    ————————————–
    If I were to make a bet, the heat is coming from Mark, and not Reggie
    *************************************
    This is actually an easy call. You heard Mark last year this is no longer a honeymoon for DA he has to win games. Bad decisions will be met with strong questioning. DA can play his favorites but they better win or else.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Priesttj12 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:09 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Vic Tafur

” Tyler Wilson not in the mix this year.”
    ===================

uh oh what happened to macgloin band wagon also

must have cracked a wheel
    ***************************************
    Congrats! when you’re right you’re right.

This stufff gets to be tooo funny sometimes.

=========================

exactly bra,

flynn may start the year but he wont hold it and once pryor sees the field that is a wrap. Flynn will make a very good back up though, good big mack locked him up for a couple of years

by the way some members here are truly upset when you are right

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    LOL at ” I love black people”.
    I’m not racist, I love black people.
    Still lol
    *******
    I do. Not ashamed to say it.

U on the other hand make jokes about gays, say white racists are worse than other racists, and talk about rich Jews not being a real minority.

Still laughing punk?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I’m not racist, I have a black friend.
    You monkeys……

• SnBG

Congrats! when you’re right you’re right.

This stufff gets to be tooo funny sometimes.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Exactly. and that’s what DA is thinking. IMO, he wants to give Pryor more time to develop. Flynn better watch out. He’s on thin ice.

• Twocents

But does Raider O love the “Titty Monkey”?

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Will the supabigot say he has love for any white person?

Didn’t think so.

• RaiderLen

Twocents Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:30 pm
    —————————————
    That’s what will be said for public consumption.

Mark is savvy enough to not undermine HIS guy in public.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

But cornerback Chimdi Chekwa found a way to put the ball on the ground for his defense, stripping Moore after he ran a quick slant and caught a short pass from Flynn.

>>>>>>>>>>

Start him!

• listen to me you stupid idiots

I have equal disdain for fangs and missdick.

Both disgusting hateful evil spewing pieces of sh1t.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I love Titty Monkeys, but I don’t like Wishy Washy Liars Tiity Monkeys who laugh like a hyena after blowouts.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

I probably would never say too much about Pryor if not for the supabigot.

But I’m gonna counter his bullsh1t every time with the truth.

And laugh at him the whole way until his ultimate humiliation.

I like Pryor and have no beef with anyone here but missdick the supabigot.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    good lord!!!!!

first marriage

then elementary school curriculum and children books

Now rap music?!??!

what are these people trying to do?

this is out of control

_________
    funny a person always complaining about equality wants people born gay to be ostracized

==================================

now here comes this fool of course

how is this an ‘equality” issue last i checked sexual orientation has nothing to do with equality.

i dont think a 3 year old needs to know about same sex bedroom activity before they even know what sex is or how to spell their own full name for that matter

• troll hunter

David Shaw would be great! But I think Reggie would choose Loviee to save a few bucks.

• RaiderLen

Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:35 pm
    ———————————————
    I’m willing to give DA a pass on the Fox thing.

People form relationships. Hard to turn those off completely if they are good ones.

What is the lying you speak of?

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

SnBG Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:06 pm
    Exactly…and SnBG will argue that Hue needed to go after one year because of the “situation”. Denise doesn’t get a “pass” for last year. The team was not even in the games 75% of the time, plus his smile with Fox is still sickening. He better coach this year like his job is on the line(if it isn’t already)
    ———————————
    But… it wasn’t the same team.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Exactly. Did Hue get to the Playoffs? He didn’t and he was in a weak division. Doesn’t mean he should have been fired. If he lets go of his notion of being a GM, I wold have kept him. Good OC.

========

No, because the DC Al hired for him was completely worthless & cost us the season. BTW, weak division? Yes Dungver got better last year, BUT THE OTHER 2 TEAMS WERE WORSE! So guess what Denise did worse in a LESSER division….Hot Seat!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Will the supabigot say he has love for any white person?=
    ============================

and would exactly would me syaing what you ask me to say prove?

nothing

move on

• RaiderLen

Troll Hunter Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    ——————————
    LOL

Na, coaches don’t count against the cap, but you already knew that.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Excellent point. We don’t need to teach our kids about important gay people in our history. We need to teach them about important people in our history without involving their sexual orientation.

• troll hunter

Does anybody know what time Mark will be interviewed tomorrow?

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    inonewordraider Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    good lord!!!!!

first marriage

then elementary school curriculum and children books

Now rap music?!??!

what are these people trying to do?

this is out of control

_________

==================================

now here comes this fool of course

**********
    Spoken like the hateful close minded bigot that he is.

He doesn’t want gay people to live happy lives free from ridicule and oppression.

Lol. This dude can’t see the forest for the trees.

• SnBG

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:34 pm
    Twocents Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:30 pm
    —————————————
    That’s what will be said for public consumption.

Mark is savvy enough to not undermine HIS guy in public.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Mark has proven to be pretty savvy with the press but unless you can show me proof that Mark has DA on the hot seat I will wait until I hear him say it. Also to some degree all HCs are on the hot seat. What is so unusual about that?I like that Mark is backing his GM and his decisions. That’s the way a winning org operates.

• DutchRaider77

@The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Think Chiefs are going to be better or worse than Alex Smith? (Ok, kinda hard to be worse)

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:39 pm
    Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:35 pm
    ———————————————
    I’m willing to give DA a pass on the Fox thing.

What is the lying you speak of?

===========

Probably referring to game 1 when he said Goethel took practice snaps as a long snapper….Great for relationships, do that in the off-season. But you just get your ass handed to you by a division rival & he’s laughing?! Quite the competitor there. You remember Hue or Gruden yucking it up with an opposing coach.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    I probably would never say too much about Pryor if not for the supabigot.

But I’m gonna counter his bullsh1t every time with the truth.

And laugh at him the whole way until his ultimate humiliation.

I like Pryor and have no beef with anyone here but missdick the supabigot.
    ———————————–
    You twisted trolls tend to fixate on people. Because you have no other life.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:40 pm
    listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Will the supabigot say he has love for any white person?=
    ============================

and would exactly would me syaing what you ask me to say prove?

nothing

move on
    ********
    It would show ur not a complete bigot.

• RaiderLen

———————————————–
    Agree.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

DutchRaider77 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:41 pm
    @The_Civilian_James_Trapp

===========

IDK. I think they improved their coaching standpoint obviously. Cassell was bad, I’d say Smith is light years better than him.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:39 pm
    Raider O Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:35 pm
    ———————————————
    I’m willing to give DA a pass on the Fox thing.

What is the lying you speak of?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He said Goethel practiced LS all week, and Lechler said that wasn’t true, and that Goethel didn’t practice with him and the STs unit.

• troll hunter

135 yes I know but Reggie needs to leave an allowance for Marks supply … David Shaw would cut into that supply like a rusted blade…

• listen to me you stupid idiots

KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:41 pm
    Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    I probably would never say too much about Pryor if not for the supabigot.

But I’m gonna counter his bullsh1t every time with the truth.

And laugh at him the whole way until his ultimate humiliation.

I like Pryor and have no beef with anyone here but missdick the supabigot.
    ———————————–
    You twisted trolls tend to fixate on people. Because you have no other life.
    *********
    Like u with me.

Funny u have a white wife but have no problems with missdick saying she’s a suspected white supremacist.

Sounds like u lack the most fundamental loyalty of a husband.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

allen has been a disaster to date, and certainly not better than his immediate predecessor.

i do think he is on notice. i dont think he would be fired in season, but if he doesnt mange 7-8 wins at least he will be gone.

why? track record to that point, mismanagement player personnel and playing time, wins and losses and most important shid rolls down hill

no way on earth big mack hitches his wagon to allen after another piss poor season. trying to convince davis to let allen stay for a 3rd season after 2 poor showings could cost big mack his own job, and he knows that.

• RaiderLen

———————————–
    I hear you.

I was was just commenting on the speculation and adding my opinion to the premise.