Janikowski wants to play 7-8 more years, finish career with Raiders

ALAMEDA – Kicker Sebastian Janikowski and punter Shane Lechler were inextricably linked the past 13 seasons. Now that Lechler is gone, Janikowski is left to go it alone as the Raiders most-tenured player.
The kicking duo was inseparable since they joined the Raiders in 2000, from the field to the locker room to the golf course. It became difficult mentioning one without the other.
“Shane and me were such good buddies,” Janikowski said. “But it’s business, and we got to move on.”
Lechler moved on to the Houston Texans. Janikowski insists that he isn’t going to follow suit once his contract ends after this season.
In fact, Janikowski said he intends to play seven or eight more seasons, if not longer, and he is hopeful that he finishes his career with the team that selected him in the first round of the 2000 NFL draft.
“I want to play as much as I can,” Janikowski said. “I want to win the Super Bowl. That’s the ultimate goal.”
Janikowski is playing for his eighth head coach. Change is something he is quite accustomed to playing for a Raiders team that has been in flux since they played in the Super Bowl at the end of the 2002 season.
He admits that he still doesn’t know the names of all the players he sees in the locker room right now.
Still, he’s having fun, kicking as well as ever and taking his job far more seriously than he did early in his career.
To that end, Janikowski has shed at least 10 pounds – he refused to give the exact figure – and looks as lean as at any point since he joined the Raiders.
“You’re getting older and there are a lot of guys out there younger than you,” Janikowski said in explaining the reason for the weight loss. “You just got to keep up with it. It’s your job. You got to take it seriously. … At first, (as a) young guy at 24, 26, you don’t think that way. Now it’s totally different. I got a family, two little kids, it’s totally different.”

Steve Corkran

• …And Justice for AL

FIRST!?

• …And Justice for AL

I WIN

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

June 12th, 2013 at 3:08 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:01 pm
    flynn will get the job because of a combination of his pay, the fact that he’s Reggies guy, and that he’s a veteran and they expect him to make a fewer mistakes..
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Those are valid reasons (vet and money) to start him, but are they good enough to keep him on the field if he doesn’t play well?

• inonewordraider

jano will get a sb as a raider, book it

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Orthodoxdj Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Here’s what Mistic said when the Raiders took Pryor:

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    Pryor lacks the lateral quickness to play wr, he has zero experience at that position as well. pryor at wr is a darker faster matt jones, minus the coke straw.

he can spend this year in the meeting room and practicing so he may compete for a back up qb spot next year.

(So you know I’m not making it up, here’s the link http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/08/22/pryor-is-a-raider/)

Props to Mistic for calling it as it is. He did not hop on the bandwagon simply because Pryor is black.

HOWEVER, nothing has happened in that time that should make someone think TP is an NFL-caliber QB. Pryor is entering his third season and none of the coaches say positive things about him. They say he has a ways to go, etc.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:08 pm
    this wouldn’t be the first list made for who wants Rob to shut the f*** up….
    *********
    Just list most of the Pryor Brigade. It’s easy. And easy to know why.

• Marks hair

O.. nope

• Marks hair

I’m not part of the pryor brigade… I just think you suck. you stink up the blog with your b******* for a good 16 hours a day

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:09 pm
    Orthodoxdj Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:03 pm
    Here’s what Mistic said when the Raiders took Pryor:

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 pm

*********
    Interesting that he got it EXACTLY right.

What happened? His hero Campbell went down.

U need to realize that when Pryor was drafted, he was a perceived threat to Campbell being here long term. Hence, the reality.

But the moment Campbell went down, and we traded for Palmer, spelling the doom of Campbell as a Raider, missdick immediately considered Palmer the devil and Pryor to be a god-like super being.

That’s when I started roasting him. And will continue to until Pryor fails miserably and missdick loses his mind.

Btw, it’s the Pryor Brigade that can’t stand the medicine the doctor gives.

Oh well.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

excuse the double post but this must be said

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Orthodoxdj Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Here’s what Mistic said when the Raiders took Pryor:

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 pm

========================

looks like i was pretty much on the money

he wasnt a wr

he became the back up qb currently number 2

his preseason last season proved to me that he made the improvements necessary to earn some starts

his start last year proved he can win the job this year

the talk about rooting “because he is black” is nonsense

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Len,

That’s another reason why I think Titty Monkey is not a good HC. We should have started TP over ML (its not like we had a chance to make the POs), and he could have given the young guys more snaps to show what they can do and to get experience.
    I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.

• Whoknows

Just list most of the Pryor Brigade. It’s easy. And easy to know why.
    ****************************
    Please tell us why oh lonely one.
    BTW how’s that pic of your ocean view deck coming along?

• Marks hair

that post only proves that mistic doesn’t jump on the bandwagon of every black quarterback.. yet you rail on him for that reason every day.. stupid

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:13 pm
    ********
    Lol. Breaks in between dummy.

And no disdain for missdick’s bigotry. Strange.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I agree, I’d like to see RB by committee, to keep DMAC fresh, healthy and effective.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:15 pm
    *********
    Name one other black qb he HASN’T jumped on.

Pryor was a threat to his hero Campbell.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

The_Judge37 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:54 pm
    1064.listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    We have John DeFilppo as QB coach, who’s coaching students are as follows:

Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez and Terrelle Pryor.
    **********
    Can’t make silk out of a sow’s ear.
    —–

I guess it’s just his hard luck that everyone he coaches fails to develop.

====

You mean like Eli Manning?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Listen To Me You Stupid Idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:13 pm
    ********
    Lol. Breaks in between dummy.

And no disdain for missdick’s bigotry. Strange.
    ——————–
    Get a life Dumb Btch.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:13 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I bet you he is responsible for 20-25% of the posts here.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Whoknows Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:15 pm
    Just list most of the Pryor Brigade. It’s easy. And easy to know why.
    ****************************
    Please tell us why oh lonely one.
    BTW how’s that pic of your ocean view deck coming along?
    ********
    U don’t like hearing the truth about Pryor.

I’m not nice about it. I throw it in missdick’s face cuz he has it coming.
    And u guys are caught in the crossfire.

Oh well. Duck.

• SnBG

June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Most HCs wll start their #2s over their # 3s anytime. Plus DA doesn’t fill Pryor is or was ready. No big deal.

• RaiderLen

June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.
    ———————————————
    I’m still on the fence regarding DA.

I won’t be after this season.

You’re right. Leinart should have never seen the field.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

4/19 posts.
    LOL

• SnBG

Zymurge Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:16 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:54 pm
    1064.listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    We have John DeFilppo as QB coach, who’s coaching students are as follows:

Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez and Terrelle Pryor.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Russell and Sanchez are not very good.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.

====

Or it could be that Pryor looked clueless in practice in front of the entire team week after week, which is what was reported. That would leave DA in the position of having to start someone that hadn’t earned it in the eyes of the rest of the team.

That’s not really a great way to establish an identity of excellence for a rookie coach.

But I guess it’s easier to drive an agenda by distorting reality and manufacturing a supposed conspiracy to hold the next HOF running QB back.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

SnBG Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:18 pm
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ——————————–
    Sure, but TP looked better than Leinart with about 1/4th the snaps.

• RaiderLen

KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:16 pm
    ——————————————-
    I think the quality of depth at RB will be better this year, and provided DMAC stays healthy, we should run the ball well.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

June 12th, 2013 at 3:17 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:13 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I bet you he is responsible for 20-25% of the posts here.

====

And another 20% are discussing the NBA playoffs …

• Marks hair

I don’t stalk mystic so I don’t know his opinion on every single black quarterback. I don’t know what color most college quarterbacks are until the draft approaches.. and I don’t know much about mystics “bigotry”…. I do know that I cant check the blog without reading your attacks on mystic.. even when he’s not around. you are troll #1 rob

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

SnBG Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:18 pm
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Why should we trust his judgment? He is clueless when it comes to offense.

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

his start last year proved he can win the job this year

the talk about rooting “because he is black” is nonsense
    *********
    It a liar. U started touting him the minute Campbell went down.

BEFORE u ever saw him play as a Raider in the preseason last year.

U have ADMITTED u root for black qbs as a way to help ur race.

Ur a lying racist bigot who will go down in flames as Pryor fails and I will enjoy it.

• SnBG

It’s easy to pick on Allen because of the record last year but you need to look at the situation with the players we had and the injuries. DA gets a pass in my book for last year. This is really his first year and he should stay for another year no matter what happens this year.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Zymurge Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:19 pm
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.

====

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What about being a liar (blaming the players for his mistakes) and being wishy washy? Is that good for his image/ identity?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Would be nice if Lativious? Could replace Bush.

• RaiderLen

—————————————
    I believe the only reason Leinart was with the raiders is because He knew Knapps “system” for all of that’s worth.

The Organization, imo understood exactly what they had in Leinart, and they could have benefited by giving TP a longer look under real game conditions.

• Whoknows

U don’t like hearing the truth about Pryor.

I’m not nice about it. I throw it in missdick’s face cuz he has it coming.
    And u guys are caught in the crossfire.

Oh well. Duck.
    *********************
    That still doesn’t explain the 24/7 posting and the made up stories like your latest:
    “sitting on the deck enjoying the waves” LOL

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Marks Hair Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:21 pm
    ********
    Well ur either a liar or a complete dunce.

Anyone who reads this blog knows missdick’s routine.

Pretending not to notice means u have sympathies with his bigotry. Which also helps to explain ur disdain for me.

I’m pro black. Anti missdick.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Zymurge Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.

====

======================

link? source?

this is a lie

it was reported that pryor DID NOT practice with the team until week 14 when he had his first chance to run scout team prepping for carolina.

Up to that point he was relegated to meetings and drills, this according to pryor.

knapp and allen didnt give him the time of day and were only exposed because of his week 14 scout play.

from that point on we saw and heard more and more of pryor because his talent is simply far too big to keep a lid on.

allen looked like an idiot and knapp was canned

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Titty monkey aka DA said he believes in the ZBS, so why did he change his mind?
    Titty monkey said Goethel practiced all week, but Lechler who would be involved in the drill said Goethel didn’t practice?
    Who has an agenda?

• SnBG

June 12th, 2013 at 3:21 pm
    SnBG Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:18 pm
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Len,

I think he as clueless as Tom Cable aka the Fat Monkey.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Why should we trust his judgment? He is clueless when it comes to offense.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Clueless is not true. Yes he is a D guy but he knows enough and has seen Pryor enough to have made that decision not to start him last year. Most coaches would start their #2s over their #3 any day. Seems like a logical decision to me.

• jesusraiderjim

WISHY WASHY “TITTY MONKIES” suck.

Missed you posts while you were away ZOOKEEPER!!

• The_Judge37

17.Zymurge Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:16 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:54 pm
    1064.listen to me you stupid idiots Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    We have John DeFilppo as QB coach, who’s coaching students are as follows:

Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez and Terrelle Pryor.
    **********
    Can’t make silk out of a sow’s ear.
    —–

I guess it’s just his hard luck that everyone he coaches fails to develop.

====

You mean like Eli Manning?
    —–

You mean the Quality Control Coach gets credit for developing Eli? I thought that was the Ground Maintinence Crews job?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:24 pm
    —————————————

$$$$$$$$$
    Exactly

• listen to me you stupid idiots

Whoknows Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:25 pm
    U don’t like hearing the truth about Pryor.

I’m not nice about it. I throw it in missdick’s face cuz he has it coming.
    And u guys are caught in the crossfire.

Oh well. Duck.
    *********************
    “sitting on the deck enjoying the waves” LOL
    *********
    Lol. U know I have an impostor who is here night and day.

No made up stories. I’m not taking the time to post a photo for u. Couldn’t care less if u believe me or not.

• The_Judge37

Am i the only one reading Jano’s quotes in a Polish accent?

• Relentless

O you have a point. Denise is full of it and extremely ill prepared.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

New post!

• theghostronin79

RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:16 pm
    ——————————————-

==========

Damn I hope so……I’m betting Murray surprises alot of folks.

• SnBG

June 12th, 2013 at 3:26 pm
    Titty monkey aka DA said he believes in the ZBS, so why did he change his mind?
    Who has an agenda?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    He probably still believes in the ZBS as many HCs in the league do. He’s smart enough and flexible enough to see that our players are better suited to power. One could argue that we gave up to quickly on the ZBS but DA understands that DMAC fits better in the power.

• SnBG

June 12th, 2013 at 3:27 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:24 pm
    —————————————

$$$$$$$$$
    Exactly
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    You go with you’re #2, especially when you think you’re #3 isn’t ready.