Allen: ‘I like this team’

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 at 3:05 pm in Oakland Raiders.

ALAMEDA – The Raiders concluded their three-day mini camp Thursday with coach Dennis Allen pleased with what he sees from an overhauled roster.
`I know there’s a lot of experts out there that might think differently,” Allen said, “but I like this football team.”
Allen no doubt is referring to the myriad stories written about the Raiders being a work-in-progress and far from ready to contend for a Super Bowl title.
Yet, most of the players that Allen is going to take with him into the regular season on the 53-man roster were here the past three days, as well as most of the offseason.
Allen and his coaching staff won’t see the players on the field again until the Raiders convene in Napa for training camp in late July.
“I like this football team,” Allen said, presumably for emphasis. “I like the players on this team and I’m excited to see what they can do once they get into training camp.”
The Raiders finished 4-12 last season. During the offseason, general manager Reggie McKenzie jettisoned numerous veteran players and made little or no attempt to sign some of his own high-profile free agents.
In turn, McKenzie relied upon the NFL draft and lower-profile free agents to fill out his roster this year.
So far, so good, Allen said.
“I’ve been pleased with the work that these guys have put in and, obviously, we’re not the finished product. We’ve still got a lot of improvement to do, but I wouldn’t say that’s any different than any of the other 31 teams. But I like their mentality, and I like the way that they work.”

• The_Judge37

I like this team too, so stop FK’n it up ChiChi Chango

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

Bring back the swagger and their hearts and minds will follow.

• realtruraider

FIRE CORK NOW!!!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 3h
    #Raiders send a message. First play of team sessions has Flynn deep TD bomb to Denarius.

—-

Hey, I thought you all said he couldn’t throw deep. Oops.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Ok DA. Your cred is not high, but we’ll see.

• tonedeezy

i prefer a team full of under the radar guys that works hard and loves football to a team full of known names with bad attitudes.

• the famous dr robert

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    June 13th, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 13th, 2013 at 2:57 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    June 13th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I never said McGloin would beat out Pryor.

Not seriously anyway. Maybe to needle u.
    ==============

lmao doc slob is easily the single most disposable poster on this board.

makes ridiculous predictions and takes that flop routinely like clockwork.

When he is busted lying, he says he was “joking”

lol clean up is a snap in my best infomercial voice
    ********
    Keep laughing hyena.

There’s a reason u spend so much time responding to me.

I’ve got ur number and ur humiliation is coming.

I’m always right and ur always wrong.

I back my opinions up with clear objective analysis.

U change ur criteria from minute to minute.

Ur well known as evil-spewing bigot liar.

U also have no sense of humor. So u don’t “get” or allow jokes.

Ur a buffoon.

• The_Judge37

4.Zymurge Says:
    June 13th, 2013 at 3:18 pm
    Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 3h

—-

Hey, I thought you all said he couldn’t throw deep. Oops.
    ——-

But was it 80 yards like Pryor’s pass?

• the famous dr robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    June 13th, 2013 at 2:58 pm
    flea dog dont be mad because ou were busted trying to lie.

You said flynn is here to start, you said he and wilson were worlds better passers than pryor

your take is on very shaky legs my man

wrong on grads

wrong on palmer

here comes strike 3

stop posting your a joke
    *******
    As usual u crave division and refuse to be a reasonable human being.

He can change his mind u intolerant dick.

• Scourge