Video: Chris Kluwe gets dig in on Aaron Hernandez

In case you didn’t see it, here’s a clip of Raiders punter Chris Kluwe’s appearance on the Conan O’Brien show last week.

During the course of the interview, Kluwe explains his passion for swearing and is able to get in a zinger at the expense of jailed ex-Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Jon Becker

• willy91137

willy is first

• J Hill

How is the punter getting late night TV run?

What am I missing?

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 7:49 am

You keep trying to fill that void with temporary satisfaction, feeding your guilty pleasures and you still feel hopeless. no purpose. no peace.

=============================================

Sounds like you might be describing yourself. I’m fine without guilt-inducing ancient superstitions. And I want others to know that they can be free of the nightmare of religion as well. Is it so terrible to want that?

• guest123

I knew it. No way that it would get to 5000 posts. That’s the terminal velocity. when the blog shuts down.

• RaidingTexas

Fuggin A. Couldn’t let it hit 5K could you?

Duck I was about to ask on the last post if you saw this clip. My wife hates football, but now she’s a Kluwe fan.

• hwnrdr

Wow…a new post! Wooohooo!

• RaidingTexas

J Hill Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 7:55 am
    How is the punter getting late night TV run?

What am I missing?

—————————————-

He’s promoting a book. How have you missed that?

• willy91137

He wrote a book now he’s trying to sell it for a he seems like a pretty bright fellow

he not the best punter in the NFL but is not the worst either he’s pretty consistent he’s only had one punt blocked

• J Hill

I don’t know that Al Davis did get a “pass” from “most” of us.

Most of us disagreed with the same DHB/Mike Mitchell picks that everyone else did.

• guest123

^^^^^^^

you are so delusional. “nightmare of religion”? naw bro, that’s all on you. I look forward to every Sunday. I feel a deep deep connection and peace every time I go. It’s not a nightmare to me. Yesterday’s message brought me to tears in the pulpit. I realize this message is directly aimed at me. That the cost of following Jesus is enormous. And the strength of being “resolute” in Christ is the only real power. I hope that you find that power someday.

Luke 9:

The Cost of Following Jesus

57As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”

58Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

59He said to another man, “Follow me.”

But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

60Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

61Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”

62Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

• RaidingTexas

Willy91137 Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 7:58 am

—————————————–

The Raiders need to be in a position where they can still do well with an average punter. They needed Lechler all these years because the rest of the team was so gawd awful.

Raiders coach Dennis Allen said at his press conference in June that the Raiders’ coaching staff wants Kluwe to put all his focus on playing football, and that Kluwe has bought into that.

“Chris Kluwe, his job is to make this football team,” Allen said. “He’s of the same mindset.”

Kluwe = Klown

Dennis Allen wants the punter (player) that is Chris Kluwe, just not all the baggage that comes along with him

doesn’t sound like “He’s of the same mindset” to me, coach!

he was pretty dead even with King at OTA’s too. both punters were inconsistent

i’m rooting for Mark King. Who names their son “Marquette” anyway? those parents should slap themselves

King would be deadly on ST trick plays. same with Cribbs & TJones.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Guest: So Jesus tells people that if they don’t abandon and hate their families, they can’t follow him and will instead be tortured in h@ll for all eternity?

How lovely.

• RaidingTexas

Jesus fuggin christ. Posting gawddam scripture on a Raiders blog. Shouldn’t you be a Saints fan?

• J Hill

How have you missed that?

—————————————————————————–

A book???

From a punter???

Has he even made the roster?

• guest123

No Duck,

Jesus says the path to His righteousness and Glory of the Father is a difficult path. It’s not a one day chanting of the verse John 3:16. It’s not a free pass to heaven. It’s a path filled with inner demons that must be faced and challenged. It’s a path that makes you a stronger man, stronger husband, stronger father. It makes sense of life and our ultimate destination. You only seem to focus on the fire and brimstone. Hell is the absense of God. Being on the outside looking in.

• SnBG

It unbelievable to me that after all those years of lousy play and bad draft pick that some here would criticize Reg and DA after one year of trying to turn this team around from the mess that they inherited from the past regime. It’s almost like Al Davis has taken over the bodies of some posters here and is ordering them to say things like get rid of the HC after one year.

hopefully Kluwe is just here to show King a few veteran moves. give him some pointers. show him the ropes. then punt him to the curb and let Reggie Roby handle this thang

who is the holder for Seabass though?

• guest123

********

that’s ok. I surrender all my BCP’s to date if that’s what it costs me. Hate me or ignore me, dont care. When someone tries to bully Christians from their faith and for no reason and totally unprovoked, I’m gonna speak up.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

See, this is a big problem I have with Christianity: some bible verses are treated as absolute infallible instructions on how to live one’s life, and others are treated as “parables” and whatnot. The picking-and-choosing gets a little obnoxious.

• guest123

Ok, that’s all my religious talk for today. back to football.

Kluwe is a flake, I don’t like his agenda. But if he’s the best punter, I’ll support him. I’m rooting for King though.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

SnBG Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 8:06 am

==========================================

These are the same people who also think firing your head coach every single year creates a pleasant work environment that will attract other qualified coaches.

• J Hill

Why is it “news” that a team might have wanted a certain QB in rd 4?

• RaidingTexas

J Hill Says:

A book???

From a punter???

Has he even made the roster?

—————————————-

Why do you need to be on a roster to write a book?

• SnBG

If King can get better and live up to the potential DA sees in him he could beat out Kluwe who’s been somewhat inconsistent in his punts.

• SnBG

J Hill Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 8:14 am
    Why is it “news” that a team might have wanted a certain QB in rd 4?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Because some posters here look for different angles and ways to criticize DA.

@G123

never debate a guy like Duck. He has an agenda. He comes in early this morning bashing Christians & Republicans looking for a blog fight. forget that. He has his mind made up. He’s had plenty of opportunities in his own personal life, me thinks.

probably somebody who claimed to be a Christian hurt him or let him down. Maybe he prayed for days as a youth for something to happen and it didn’t. Maybe he expects Christians to be perfect, but when he realizes we’re just ordinary people like him gets upset and says whats the point. We’re all sinners saved by grace. We all make mistakes daily. Doesn’t change what we believe.

who knows? he obviously has reasons to feel the way he does so strongly. He’s not the only one who feels like he does. I described him earlier and he played the “not me, you are!” card, if that tells you anything. I’m not giving up on him and neither is God. I’m just tired of the blog debates. Nobody else wants to read all of this.

• J Hill

You need to make the roster for me to have a remote chance of knowing you wrote a book or did ANYTHING.

I’m actually surprised you are so on top of this guy’s “news”.

My bad for not being up to date, lol.

• guest123

I’m just tired of the blog debates. Nobody else wants to read all of this.

****

agreed RRS, I’m done with this topic. Pray for Duck.

peace

@SnBG

King & Kluwe were about even at OTA’s. they both had some nice ones, they both shanked a few

if they are still equals after camp & preseason, give the job to the youngster who isn’t running his mouth all the time and searching the internet for the next flavor of the week rally to attend

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Guest123 Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 8:28 am
    I’m just tired of the blog debates. Nobody else wants to read all of this.

****

agreed RRS, I’m done with this topic. Pray for Duck.

peace

==================================

OK, fair enough. Religion’s done for now.

Should we discuss politics, PS4 vs XBox One, Coke vs Pepsi, or gay marriage next?

Coke vs Pepsi

***

@Duck

Coke!!

and it’s not even close

• guest123

Soda pop is da debil. haven’t had any fizzy drinks in years. my stomach thanks me every day.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

This Kluwe is a jack wagon. M King the job is all yours!

The end

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Jill,
    Im going to give you a pass on this one. Punters should be seen not heard, like children. Anybody following this clown needs to examine their life.
    ______

J Hill Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 8:26 am

I’m actually surprised you are so on top of this guy’s “news”.

My bad for not being up to date, lol.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Im begging one of the attorneys to put Rachel Jeantel AKA Diamond Eugene back on the stand. Her bottom neck is even bigger than her natural neck, unbelievable!

***

@G123

yeah i’m more of an ice tea, coffee, juice & milk guy

but you know if you’re eating burgers or pizza? gotta have that fizz

code red mountain dew, mello yello, rootbeer (any brand) and old fashioned Coke can’t be beat

• guest123

Greg Cossel on the Raiders 2013 draft class:

On DJ Hayden:

***********

I thought that he had the smoothest backpedal in this draft, outstanding balance and body control. I would describe him as explosively sudden with his movements.
    He had a complete skillset. He played press, he played press-man, he played off-coverage zone, he was a physical run defender. I thought he was competitive, he was challenging and when I was finished watching him – and I watched him very late in the process, Doug, I think I watched a week before the draft so I got to him very late – so I had seen every other corner pretty much by the time I had watched DJ Hayden and I thought he was the best corner prospect in this draft after I had seen him.

This Kluwe is a jack wagon. M King the job is all yours!

The end

***

LOL, Mr Brown is on fire today!

• guest123

Greg Cossel on the Raiders 2013 draft class:

On Melenik Watson:

*******

He was drafted because of his size and athleticism. There’s a ton of upside to his game given his lack of experience but his overall physical attributes – this kid is really athletic. He’s got great balance, great body control.
    I think down the road people could see him, easily, as a left tackle with more experience and NFL development. He was obviously a right tackle at Florida State. To use the coaching terms, he’s got a high ceiling. There’s a lot here, athletically. There [are] not a lot of guys at this size who move like this kid does.

He’s raw, he’s not ready – certainly not to play left tackle in the league – but he’s got a lot of physical attributes that you want to see from the position.

As we’ve discussed before, I would bet that good offensive line coaches would tell you, ‘I can correct that stuff in a half hour.’

My point is that his issues are correctable. Whether they become corrected, who can answer that? But his issues are correctable.

It’s not like guys who are not competitive. Normally, guys who are not competitive, you can’t correct that – it’s built into their core personality. This kid’s issues are correctable and coachable.

• hwnrdr

I agree Rockstar…
    There are certain foods that I need to wash it down with soda…but I never drink a full can/drink anymore…just to wash it down, more for taste really, then I down a cup of ice cold water!

Kool-Aid courtesy of Greg Cossel ??

thanks Guest~

• guest123

Greg Cossel on the Raiders 2013 draft class:

On Sio Moore:

*****

The big question for me with him is whether he’s more than a sub-package player. Can he be a starter? He’s clearly a versatile player — he played a lot in space in Connecticut’s defense, and he played a lot over the slot.

He’s an athletic mover, but is he a starting linebacker? I guess I’m uncertain about that. He showed some quickness as a pass rusher, and there were times when he lined up in a three-point stance with his hand on the ground. He was used in a variety of ways, and he was effective in that defense in all those ways.

I guess I’m wondering ‘Is he a jack-of-all-trades that’s a sub-package player in the NFL or is he a starting linebacker?’ I’m not sure.

I keep reading about, ‘He’s small,’ and I always find these measureable numbers interesting. I get that the 6’1” [height] is what people are responding to, not the 245 [weight].

After I finished watching him, I was surprised at his weight because he plays like a smaller player which is why, at the end of the day, I wonder if he’s a sub package player –which, by the way, is okay. I guess we’ll see.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Ice Tea is better for you and I am pretty sure will add years to our lives as older dudes as opposed to drinking soda.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

This blog isn’t so bad when the tr0lls are sleeping.

• hwnrdr

44.Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 1st, 2013 at 8:43 am

True!

• guest123

Greg Cossel on the Raiders 2013 draft class:

On Tyler Wilson:

******

To me, [Wilson] is one of the most intriguing picks in the draft because, I gotta tell you, I think he’s going to be their starting quarterback.

This kid, to me, was a very difficult watch in the sense that there were times that I really liked him and there were times I came away saying, ‘This kid’s a free agent.’

I know all the extraneous stuff – the program went down hill with the Patrino-stuff, his good receivers left – I get that. That doesn’t mean anything to me because I’m watching Tyler Wilson. I could watch a game in which the quarterback is 10 for 30 and come away and say, ‘This kid’s gonna be a great NFL prospect,’ so I don’t care about all that other stuff.
    But when I watched him there were some games where I thought he stood in the pocket with great toughness, looked down the gun barrel, made great throws. There were other games where I felt that he was overly-conscious against the rush and perceived pressure, so I would jump back and forth depending on the game.

He’s got a good arm, when needed, not a gun. There were games when I thought he showed excellent ball location – made very good throws. There were other games where he was very erratic with his accuracy, so I jumped back and forth with this kid depending on the game but I still believe, Doug, because of their QB situation, he’s going to end up being their starting QB.

I think at the end of the day, the kid does have the insticts of a pocket quarterback with the understanding of progressions. I think he does have that. He’s essentially a pocket quarterback – he can move and throw on the run a bit, but he’s essentially a pocket quarterback.

When I finished watching him, I said to myself, ‘Okay, if this kid were to really play well and all the positives came through, what is Tyler Wilson in the NFL?’ And I think that, at the end of the day, and there’s nothing wrong with this although some would disagree, I think that Tyler Wilson is a Matt Schaub type of QB. That’s pretty good, by the way. Matt Schaub is a pretty good NFL QB. You wouldn’t say he’s a top-5 guy, you wouldn’t call him elite. I don’t think Tyler Wilson is [elite either] but he could become a solid starting NFL QB. He’s not as big as Schaub, obviously, but I’m talking about the way he plays.”

if you’re doing any sort of activity, come in the house and pound down a 20 ounce pop … might as well punch yourself in the nuts

gotta have water or gatorade/powerade. perhaps both

• Plunketthead

Prayers for all those firefighters and their families. The one near me is looking better this morning

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

I spoke too soon Peymour666Tr0llBush has arrived right on que. His thirst for blogging 18 hrs a day on numerous alias’s continues on.