2,771

Video: Rookie QB Tyler Wilson talks about transition to Raiders

Here’s a recent interview with Raiders rookie quarterback Tyler Wilson from Arkansas. He talks about the many things he’s dealing with now that he’s a professional.

Jon Becker

• hwnrdr

@hwnrdr

I don’t know if the Heat can afford him, but I’m sure he’d LOVE to play for them and retire with a ring

I don’t think he has one. Does he? dude is almost 40!

He would be like Juwon Howard, only probably more playing time, and not just in blow outs! And no, I believe he doesn’t have a ring yet!

Report: Cavaliers, Mavericks leading contenders for Andrew Bynum

============================

Warriors could gain more cap wiggle room?

• M.Shorter

Howard has no offense. He gets shutdown when hes against a player with a high motor and plays defense.

• hwnrdr

Dam, I didn’t realize that Camby is 39 already…it was 17 years since Maryland went to the Final 4? Wow!

Can the Rockets afford D12 without dealing Lin and/or Asik?

• SnBG

HGDaddy Says:
    July 8th, 2013 at 7:18 am
    the sky is falling?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Unless Roski comes down in his ownership stake request of 31% the Raiders won’t make any deals with him. No team will.

• hwnrdr

2605.RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 8th, 2013 at 7:42 am
    Can the Rockets afford D12 without dealing Lin and/or Asik?

Yeah, I think they had the most room for him. As for future years…not sure!

I keep reading that the Rockets can’t afford to give Howard a max contract … then they agree to terms, then the Rockets agree to terms with two more players since then

so I’m assuming he took less money to go there? or there is a sign & trade? what am I not understanding?

• J Hill

Howard certainly RAN to Houston to HIDE from all the LA pressure.

Next year, makes all the sense in the world to be a Rocket.

BUT …..

James Harden is NOT LeBron or Carmelo!!!!!

It’s about a mindset, imo.

YOU, Dwight Howard, mean to tell me me that YOU don’t think you could have got LeBron or Carmelo to play with you in LA in 2014???????

Houston is James Harden’s team and will be for the next 4 years.

Lakers would have been Howard’s team next year and going forward. Carmelo would be coming to play with Howard, not the other way around.

• hwnrdr

2608.RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 8th, 2013 at 7:44 am

He took 30 million less and I think only 4 years. So, I guess no max contract…but yeah, signing 2 more players after is baffling!

• hwnrdr

Jhill is correct!
    But…that was his decision…now its time to move on!

• J Hill

LOL @ Howard having an opt out after 2 years.

You were right about his mindset, G123.

Did you see his comment about the timing being right to play for the Lakers in 2 or 3 years???

LMFAO

Is he delusional or what?

@Jhill

D12 could very well by reppin’ the West in the Finals this year while the Lakers struggle to make the playoffs and get swept in RD1 again

nothing in the future is guaranteed. Dwight made the best decision for Dwight. That’s his words actually, lol. He didn’t want to be a Laker. I don’t blame him – he got TRADED there. he didn’t want to wear purple & piss yellow the rest of his playing days and be surrounded by a douchey fan base.

old bums like Bryant & Nash. they might have even amnestied Gasol if D12 re-signed! crappy HC like MDA

Rockets +1
    Lakers -1

• J Hill

Amazing cap situation the Lakers have set up for 2014.

Only Steve Trash’s expiring contract will be on the books.

They could sign LeBron AND Carmelo and bring Gasol back on the cheap.

• guest123

No way Lebron’s coming to LA. Maybe Melo, but is that the guy to build around?

LOL @ Houston being Harden’s team. D12 owns Houston now. He’s the newly annointed king, and everything revolves around him. He’s no sidekick and never would have accepted Houston if that was the case. Harden’s the help.

• J Hill

and be surrounded by a douchey fan base.

——————————————————————————

You know what RRS,

PHUCCC YOU too!

• guest123

Howard just a year ago told Houston not to trade for him. That he’d spurn them like he ended up spurning the Lakers. But they shook up their house and put out the welcome mat to Howard in precisely the way he wanted it laid out for him.

If things go sour in Houston, it won’t be long till he becomes a real headache for them.

I think it’s premature to put the Rockets up at the top of the contenders list next year. Have to see this play out.

• hwnrdr

2616.J Hill Says:
    July 8th, 2013 at 7:54 am
    and be surrounded by a douchey fan base.

——————————————————————————

You know what RRS,

PHUCCC YOU too!

LOL< you know Rockstar is a known hater…

• guest123

J Hill Says:
    July 8th, 2013 at 7:53 am
    Amazing cap situation the Lakers have set up for 2014.

Only Steve Trash’s expiring contract will be on the books.

********

honest question. Does Kobe Bryant and his achilles a good candidate for amnesty? Realistically how many atheletes come back from that kind of injury at his age?

No way Lebron’s coming to LA. Maybe Melo, but is that the guy to build around?

***

co-signed, GMoney!

• J Hill

D12 owns Houston now.

—————————————————————————–

Of course he does. It’s the honeymoon period.

Harden was there first. Harden recruited Howard.

Harden will have the ball. They are NOT running the offense through Howard.

• J Hill

No way they amnesty Kobe. His contract is up the year they need the $.

If he had 3 more years, probably so.

I hope he pulls a D Rose and sits out the whole year.

• hwnrdr

He’s already on the court playing horse!

***

@G123

Rockets were ALREADY a playoff team before they added D12. You don’t think Howard puts them automatically in the West’s Top 3 ??

Spurs/Thunder/Clippers still better?

possibly the Warriors?

obviously the Lakers, Nuggets & Jazz are in a downward spiral. Memphis Grizzlies will finish 5th or 6th again

• J Hill

No way Lebron’s coming to LA

——————————————————————————

Not even to play with Carmelo?????

Only way he stays in Miami is them winning another ring next year.

D Wade’s knees or Carmelo?

• guest123

I hope he pulls a D Rose and sits out the whole year.

********

so I take it you put the Lakeshows chances about on par to the Raiders at making the postseason?

I hope he pulls a D Rose and sits out the whole year.

***

@Jhill

surprised to hear that from a Laker fan. Are you excited about somebody in the lottery?

Why not rest Bryant until Feb?

See if you can make a late push after the All-Star break!

• guest123

^^^^^^^

@ Rockstar,

I think Howard could carry a team to a championship one day. He almost did it in Orlando. But he’s got to have all the pieces on the floor that satisfy his playing style. And he needs the right coaching that plays to his style of play. I really think he got the perfect coach in Houston’s McHale. I’m not sure that he got all the supporting cast he needs to push the rockets into instant contenders in one year. Not saying I’d be surprised, just not calling it a foregone conclusion.

darn you Guest!!

Raiders are 10-6 this year

#playoffs

• M.Shorter

The Rockets have 2 “stars” but I can still see them losing to a team like the Grizzles in the playoffs. Lakers will have a down year but not worse than last year. Nuggets and Jazz are F’ed

Honestly, I’d like to see the Lakers get Bynum. I’d like to see Kobe make a full recovery. I’d like to see them surprise the world and make some noise in the postseason and face my Heat in the Finals.

we would spank that ass!

#3peat

• guest123

Lakers will have a down year but not worse than last year.

*******

hello? they lose Dwight Howard from a 7th seeded team and they will tread water next year or better?

#eternaloptimist

#eternaloptimist

***

@G123

haven’t you heard? Chris Kaman is coming to town, lol

look out Western Conf. Here come the Lakers!

• J Hill

Steve Trash
    Meeks
    Kobe
    Gasol
    Hill

Artest will be traded or cut.

That is not a playoff team.

The Lakers are bottom feeders this year in any scenario.

I’ll be watching college ball again this year to scout our top 5 pick.

• hwnrdr

2632.guest123 Says:
    July 8th, 2013 at 8:14 am
    Lakers will have a down year but not worse than last year.

*******

#eternaloptimist

Sorry Guest, but hello!
    They were injury plagued all year round and had one of the best records post second half of the season…many people forget that!

• J Hill

—————————————————————————–

Spurs
    OKC
    Clippers
    Ws
    Memphis
    Rockets

If Bogut can give the Ws 80 games, I move them ahead of the Clippers.

Artest will be traded or cut.

***

keep this headcase away from Miami!

imagine if he signed on with a defensive juggernaut team like the Bulls or Pacers though. Ooof – wouldn’t want to play them

• guest123

Sorry Guest, but hello!

*******

@ hwnrdr

good morning!

that was an impressive second half run there, but remember Kobe was fully healthy then and is in for an arduous recovery period. at his age, don’t take anything for granted. it’s going to be a real challenge for the Lakers this year I bet!

@Jhill

that would be a SERIOUS kick in the pants if the Rockets finish 6th in the West and the Lakers finish 7th – then both teams get swept in Rd1, lol

wouldn’t bother me a bit!

• hwnrdr

They are thinking of using the Amnesty on Meta! But he has said that he is willing to take a big cut just to stay in LA!

• hwnrdr

July 8th, 2013 at 8:23 am
    Sorry Guest, but hello!

*******

@ hwnrdr

good morning!

Yup, not taking anything for granted, but I believe he comes back and stronger than most will think! That’s just me though :)

@G123

I think some Laker fans are under the impression Kobe Bryant will play 82 games and average his usual 25-30 ppg

even if he does?

#7thseed

• M.Shorter

@ Rockstar

I would love to get Bynum and Odom back. Then Lakers need to add a couple of athlectic SF’s. They can at least compete with a roster that has Gasol Bynum Nash Meeks Hill Odom and an old great player thats coming off an injury in Kobe. No bench but would be better than what we have now.

• M.Shorter

“A great defensive player like Howard” Should have helped out last year but the teams defense has horrible.

where will Kobe Bryant finish his NBA career?

most Laker fans don’t think it’ll be LA – which would be a darn shame.

I’m guessing where he grew up (Philly)

they haven’t had a playmaker since Iverson!

• J Hill

I would love to get Bynum and Odom back

—————————————————————————-

Why???

And blow the 2014 cap room and a shot at LeBron/Carmelo.

• guest123

Raiders are 10-6 this year

#playoffs

*********

I like the call. But if we could get a defensive player like Clowney next year, man I dunno. Makes me salivate just typing that name. 4.5 40 yard dash and 272. He’s a monster can’t miss player of his generation. Would be a nice consolation prize if Dennis Allen gets canned after next year.

No bench but would be better than what we have now.

***

@MShort

I’m thankful Iverson is broke and got his cell phone shut off!

don’t ever want to see my dude play for the Lake Show …

• guest123

So no hard feelings by Bynum and Odom for getting traded away from LA? Now it’s ok to come back home?

@G123

why does everybody keep talking about drafting a QB or pass rusher next April?

you don’t trust Reggie?