NFL Supplemental Draft coming up

By Steve Corkran
Monday, July 8th, 2013 at 10:49 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders landed quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the supplemental draft in 2011. The Cleveland Browns scored a direct hit in the supplemental draft with wide receiver Josh Gordon last year. On Thursday, we’ll find out whether the Raiders or any other teams jumps at the players available in this year’s proceeding.
Teams that select a player in the supplemental draft forfeit a draft pick in the following regular draft in the corresponding round.
For example, the Raiders selected Pryor in the third round of the supplemental draft. Therefore, they surrendered their third-round pick in the 2012 NFL regular draft.
Here’s a list of the six players eligible for selection in this year’s supplemental draft:
UN-Las Vegas defensive end James Boyd, Central Florida defensive end Toby Jackson, UNLV defensive tackle Nate Holloway, University of Houston wide receiver DeWayne Peace, Purdue receiver O.J. Ross and South Alabama defensive back Damond Smith.

• Just Fire Baby

Debo’s Matt Ryan fascination is bizarre.

He told us last year they had a better chance of winning in the postseason with Dominic Davis at QB.

You know, the undrafted, inactive, never started a game 3rd string QB.

• bcz24

Why? The vet minimum is around 2 million for his age.
    *******
    League min for a 10 year vet is only $955k

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 10:57 am

If Cam doesn’t take the Panthers to a playoff berth before his contract is up, they won’t even offer him an extension.

Print that
    ===================

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ok jfb

and russel wilson wont be drafted and will play baseball and wont beat flyyn

and rgIII wont play nfl football / cant play nfl football and will be an olimpian in track and field instead

and newton wont be a good pro qb, because he cant throw the ball

you just dont know when to quit do you

• Just Fire Baby

Got to include some type of signing bonus Bcz.

A 10 year vet isn’t signing without some type of “bonus”.

• inonewordraider

MistaBrown Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 10:59 am
    Because the race baiters made it political. See A Sharpton & J Jackson, you fk’n moron.
    ____________________
    and you’re an idiot for going along with it. base your opinions on the evidence, not on if you dislike Sharpton and Jackson

• J Hill

luck is good for a young qb as well

but he isnt in the same universe as wilson

——————————————————————————-

Wilson is not that good, man.

Team around him is good he’s the type that won’t mess it up a la Jason Campbell.

@Mr Brown #1089

I agree. Houston & Seabass are gonna kick ass this year and get re-signed by The Reggie.

Jano scored 118 points for us last season… according to CBS Sports

if this link is accurate and he duplicate’s last year’s effort he will be the 19th All-Time leading scoring kicker with over 1500 total points

• Just Fire Baby

you just dont know when to quit do you

******************************

After your “Cam Newton is a top 5 QB right now” quote and “Bruce Gradkowski will never be on NFL roster again” you went with Terrelle Pryor is a top 15 QB the other day.

The feeling is mutual.

inonewordraider Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 10:57 am

luck is good for a young qb as well

but he isnt in the same universe as wilson, newton, RgIII.
    ______
    not gonna go thru an endless debates

==================

because there is no debate and you cant make a case for the opposite of my post

i have beaten you silly with this time and time again

by the way

what the hell did you mean by ‘colorerd man” ?

• inonewordraider

The law only needs one person to fear for his life, and that is the person being attacked.

You don’t have to wait until you are on the brink of death to “stand your ground”.

If you feel your life is in danger, nobody can tell you otherwise.
    ______________
    strongly disagree

where does it end?

J Hill Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:05 am

luck is good for a young qb as well

but he isnt in the same universe as wilson

——————————————————————————-

Wilson is not that good, man.

===================

the man tied the single season td pass record for rookies

did the team around him make those throws?

wilson is way more gifted than my favorite raider qb of the last 15 years jc

• inonewordraider

because there is no debate and you cant make a case for the opposite of my post

i have beaten you silly with this time and time again

by the way

what the hell did you mean by ‘colorerd man” ?
    ____________________
    it’s not all about stats. i understand rgIII and Wilson had better qb ratings than luck

but luck did just what rgIII did, put the team on his back and make the playoffs. come thru in the clutch. the guys are winners

Wilson similarly came thru in the clutch for seattle but he had a helluva team to work with unlike rgIII and luck

luck is right there with him and time will show this, imo

and when i said colored man it’s exactly what it sounds like. black brown etc

the issue has become political. white conservatives are on “team Zimmerman” and liberals are on team “martin”

shouldn’t be this way, regardless of media propaganda

obviously not everyone is basing there opinion off of political affiliation, but too many are imo

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

_________

Inonewordraider Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:05 am

• bcz24

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:04 am
    Got to include some type of signing bonus Bcz.

A 10 year vet isn’t signing without some type of “bonus”.
    *************
    Then he isn’t playing for vet minimum. Just sayin’

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Because Knapps offense could not score TD’s in the red zone.
    ______

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:05 am

Jano scored 118 points for us last season… according to CBS Sports

• inonewordraider

________________
    my head tells me a guy that kicks my a$$ shouldn’t deserve to die especially if i was the one following him around in my car

has nothing to do with my heart

nothing wrong with disagreeing, don’t know why you get so wound up about it

theghostronin79 Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 10:55 am

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 10:43 am
    Uh oh!!

Silva wants the rematch

wiedman better be ready but this wont end well for him.

this will be like lennox lewis vs rahman 2 or lewsi vs macall 2

=============

Really? that was quick……. Just after the fight, Anderson didn’t want a remach. I suspected he’d been considering hanging up his gloves. Prior to the fight even. He seemed to lack the fire he once had. I honestly thought he was getting bored. He was walking through EVERYBODY…..Making Champions look like Chumps. There was nobody who could touch him in his prime. Yeah, he’ll go down as ONE of the greatest…but I think he was THE greatest champion in the UFC that is.

===============

lots of fighters go through an emotional and mental trial after a shocking loss. He got his head right and clearly knows his mistake and wants to set the record straight, and he will.

silva is one of the best ever, but I would also include maurice smith, he was the heavy weight version of silva before silva was an mma fighter.

Smith joined the ufc very late in his career though so didnt have the chance to go on a run like silva

on deck is bones jones

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“either way though it shouldn’t be right vs left in a murder trial”

But if it’s not black vs white or left vs right how can the media cash in on getting each side to play against one and other?

Sarcasm…

• bcz24

If you feel your life is in danger, nobody can tell you otherwise.
    ______________
    strongly disagree

where does it end?
    **************
    Here is the fact of LAW. You can be acquitted of murder on the basis of self defense without ever suffering an injury. If I run at you like a crazed maniac with blood dripping from my mouth and knives in both hands you can shoot and kill me. If I get on top of you and break your nose and slam your head on the ground you can shoot and kill me in the state of Florida.

Zimmerman may or may not be ‘wrong’ in the Martin shooting. I don’t know, I wasn’t there. All I know is the prosecution did not successfully prove that Zimmerman wasn’t defending himself from further bodily harm or death. The burden of proof lies with the prosecution and they failed. Scream racism all you want, but it won’t change the fact that the prosecution failed to successfully prove there case. Zim will walk.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

He was walking back to his car after 911 told him not to follow. Why didn’t TM leave if he thought he was being followed? Just because someone may be following you doesn’t give you the right to break his nose.

Sorry, you are still an idiot until you prove me otherwise.
    ______

Inonewordraider Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am

inonewordraider Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:10 am

because there is no debate and you cant make a case for the opposite of my post

i have beaten you silly with this time and time again

by the way

what the hell did you mean by ‘colorerd man” ?
    ____________________

====================

they also had far fewer turn overs than luck did

lucks turn overs total was ghastly

dont do this to yourself

secondly if you do want to appear like a racist then i suggest you lose the term ‘colored”

its derogatory, just like the n word and the original man is not “colored’

the last man to arrive on earth better fits the term “colored’ as his skin is an enigma and he makes up less than 1/10 th of the worlds population

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Thanks for your input SeyGlen.
    ______

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:16 am

Sarcasm…

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“I didn’t go along with it the media did. I look at the facts and followed this case very closely. You are still an idiot that thinks with his heart not his head, like a true liberal.”

He got those “FACTS” from FOX news!

That poor old hillbilly can’t read too good…LOL

• DutchRaider77

on deck is bones jones

______________________________________________

UFC loved Maurice Smith, smart and articulate fighter. I got to see the Mark Coleman/Maurice Smith fight live. The UFC leadership loved that Maurice Smith won that fight, Mark Coleman was a meat-head. It was really cool, got to go out and party with the fighters after. Smith was a really nice guy.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

His car was parked he didn’t follow him in his car. You cant even get the facts right. So you don’t think with your head or your heart you think with your ass.
    _________

Inonewordraider Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:02 am
    Debo’s Matt Ryan fascination is bizarre.

You know, the undrafted, inactive, never started a game 3rd string QB.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I know exactly who he is. Still believe that by the way.

NBA’s amnesty window open, here are three candidates to watch:

Metta World Peace, Los Angeles Lakers.

John Salmons, Sacramento Kings.

Charlie Villanueva, Detroit Pistons.

zim is a murderer and a racist

he may well get off but this is par for the course

there is a very very long and bloody history of people murdering brathas and walking with little more than a slap on the wrist

look it up

color me not surprised at all

• theghostronin79

on deck is bones jones

===============

I remember Smith. I actually watched UFC 1 live on PPV. I’ve been to a UFC event, and probably watched over 100 UFC’s since they started….

Absolutely Bones Jones…. Some guys you look at for 1 fight, and think….DAMN, this guy is special. He’ll be a Champion one day. Sure enough…. I love Jones.
    Especially that Day OF his title shot, he was in a park, and chased down a purse snatcher and subdued the man for the police to take care of.

• bcz24

on deck is bones jones
    ********
    Bones is a real cool dude, the fact that I have met him a bunch of times makes it even easier to root for the guy. A good friend of mine used to train with him.

Don’t forget Fedor on the list of greats. He never got to prove it in the UFC because his life was run by the Russian Mafia, but for me he is one of the greatest of all time. But like every other great fighter, there is no slow decline into obscurity. It is a nasty cliff.

DutchRaider77 Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:20 am

on deck is bones jones

______________________________________________

=============

wow that is cool dutch!!!

smith was the first guy that i saw that could move like he did and strike but also could handle the ground well enough to beat top fighters

i wonder what he would have been like if the ufc was around in his prime years

probably champ for a long stretch

bcz24 Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:22 am

on deck is bones jones
    ********

==================

yep fedor too

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“i can’t just walk the streets of florida get in fights and when a guy starts kicking my ass kill him and claim i feared for my life”

This is exactly the core issue here.

Back in the day you got your ass beat you took it and moved on but these days kids with guns can’t stand to get an ass whooping.

If I get my ass beat in a bar fight can I just pull out my gun and shot the other guy?

Self defense is one thing but losing a fight then pulling a gun and killing a guy over it should not be legal IMO.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

And what does that make the Martins who lied about their precious little boy calling for help on the 911 call?
    _______

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:21 am

zim is a murderer and a racist

• bcz24

i wonder what he would have been like if the ufc was around in his prime years
    *************
    Wasn’t his prime years when the UFC was still that no weight class free for all tourney style?

• DutchRaider77

@Mistic1

What do you think happened with Martin/Zimmerman?

How would you have acted if Zimmerman was following you (when you were 17)? Would you have kicked his @$$? I think I could have been drawn into a physical confrontation at 17 if some dude was following me home.

• bcz24

**********
    It’s not. If you fail to prove that you were still in danger of further bodily harm/death then self defense will not hold up in court.

when do all the Florida riots begin?

Marco Rubio is gonna handle this. dont worry

I don’t think the Black Panthers hate crime revenge fest will last long. I give it 4 hours, tops

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

the ufc and dana white would be idiots not to make the rematch for silva post haste

silva will win, then they can sell a tie breaker grudge match 3rd

even if silva blows out wiedman and knocks him out early, wieedmans stock doesnt drop, because he did the same to silva in the first match

if some how silva loses he needs to retire highly doubt that will happen

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

The State of Fl should announce all rioters will be shot, see how many of those cockroaches take to the streets then.
    ______

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:31 am

when do all the Florida riots begin?

Marco Rubio is gonna handle this. dont worry

• inonewordraider

Sorry, you are still an idiot until you prove me otherwise.
    ______
    coming from mr Romney landslide

i know it still hurts

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

The way I see it the martin family is going to make money off of this whole ordeal and the Zimmerman family is going to be broke and in debt for decades.

That will be the final outcome regardless of what the courts say or do.

bcz24 Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:25 am

i wonder what he would have been like if the ufc was around in his prime years
    *************

===============

smith was fighting before there was a ufc at all

lo, but i still remember the early ufc days and a guy in the octagon with 1 boxing glove on

DutchRaider77 Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:27 am

@Mistic1

What do you think happened with Martin/Zimmerman?

==================

set the context

a 17 year old being stalked in florida, a state that has deep history of race killing and hate (rosewood for example)

i dont blame him if he fought zim

i dont buy that zim had cause to kill him

fighting is one thing but blowing a kids brains out is something all together different

***

@Mr Brown

why not just ID them and pull all govt financial support?

I hate violence. Just take away their unemployment checks and food stamps

I’m assuming the hard working straight thinking black folks of Florida have more sense than to leave work or request the day off to go attack some random white people because of a news story they didn’t like the outcome of

the people who riot obviously have nothing better to do. no life. just an agenda. and a screw loose upstairs

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

What’s at stake I am guessing is Florida State precedence as to when a person feels they are in danger for their life and in turn are allowed by law to defend themselves even if that means killing.

This would set the precedence for future cases example: A guy gets mugged at Disney World he pulls out his gun he shoots the mugger 5 times in the head and kills him. No charges are brought up on the shooter because of the Zimmerman/Martin case. Or the opposite could happen where he not allowed to defend himself with a gun and he would then be prosecuted.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:31 am

when do all the Florida riots begin?

Marco Rubio is gonna handle this. dont worry

==================

im blown away at times by the racist attitudes and level of insensitivity on this board

my entire family were panthers and my parents nearly assassinated by police and fbi for it

to characterize a period of civil unrest as “black panther revenge” is truly tasteless and disgusting.

i dont think a peoples pain should be used as fodder for punchlines and jokes RR

That will be the final outcome regardless of what the courts say or do.

***

@silver

please explain – I don’t understand

Martin’s parents had a child rider policy (life insurance) on him ??

did GZ hire his own lawyer? isn’t he an insurance underwriter? I wonder if Seminole State College will allow him to re-enroll and complete his degree in Criminal Justice (lol) ??

@Mistic

the parents of Trayvon Martin have themselves to blame.

nobody else has “pain” besides the Zimmermann family right now