Raiders sign another draft pick

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 at 1:06 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed quarterback Tyler Wilson on Tuesday morning, one day before the team reports to Napa for the start of training camp.
Cornerback D.J. Hayden and offensive tackle Menelik Watson are the only two draft picks unsigned as of now, though both likely will be under contract before Friday’s first practice.
Wilson was selected in the fourth round of the NFL draft in April out of Arkansas.

The Raiders signed linebacker Sio Moore (third round, 66th overall) on June 13 and announced six signings on June 6: tight end Nick Kasa (sixth round, No. 172), running back Latavius Murray (sixth round, No. 181, tight end Mychal Rivera (sixth round, No. 184, defensive tackle Stacy McGee (sixth round, No. 205), wide receiver Brice Butler (seventh round, No. 209) and defensive end David Bass (seventh round, No. 233).

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Name one jobs bill the conservatives have passed.

• eastoaklandraider

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 10:56 am
    @East Oak

no – Abraham isn’t injury prone!

————

I disagree he’s been injury prone since he played for the Jets, that was part of the reason they let him walk. I dont think he’s ever played a full season, and he let the team down last year by missing the playoffs and they could have really used him versus the 9ers.

• guest123

I think we took a wild risk and a huge step back letting Shane go. We don’t have a clue if either of these guys can match Shane’s consistency. Even if he had a bad year last year, he was damn consistent. It was one luxury we never had to worry about. You don’t notice the punting unit until you get a bad punter. Kind of like a bad referee stands out over a good ref.

Shane left for $1.5 mill. Wouldn’t have broke the bank to keep him. SMH

• M.Shorter

595.The_Judge37 Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 10:58 am
    591.RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 10:55 am
    President Borack Oboma is set to deliver what the White House has billed as a major address on jobs and the economy.

***

6 years later he FINALLY has a plan?

dang – we keep ripping Dennis Allen for not having a plan after 1 year..
    ——–

It’s different, Allen’s job if far more important and relavent to our lives.

———–

lmao. you guys. facking comedy.

• DJ Johnny

One thing Jaws said as to his qb rankings is that he places a lot of weight on winning which is why he placed Cutler ahead of Romo for instance.

Romo is the 4th ranked QB of ALL TIME statistically but he has faltered in key situations.

I don’t argue with you Palmer haters that he doesn’t have the wins but I do have issue with suggesting QB’s have full control of whether a team wins or not and comparing a QB’s won loss record to pitchers in baseball.

Let’s say a QB leads team down the field to take a lead and then walks off field and defense folds and loses the game? You blame the QB? Some of you would say it’s QB’s fault that he didn’t get them big enough lead in the first place.

A pitcher has FULL CONTROL of the games outcome due to fact IF he strikes out every player they can never score against him and his team would eventually win…which makes his won loss record more applicable and valid.

Palmer has played many games (w/some bad teams) but all the same has not been clutch imo.

• M.Shorter

brb….leaving work. (not that any one cares :( haha)

• inonewordraider

you conservatives are crzy man

veldheer like a super conservative but i could giva schit as long as he plays well

kluwes an outspoken liberal so you guys don’t want him on the squad, what if he’s the best option?

• guest123

Looking at Abraham’s game logs, he’s been healthy and started in almost every game of every season back to 2008. No way you can hang an “injury prone” label on him.

@SeyGlenn

the USA’s “HC” has the same record as us (Raiders) 2003-Present

AWFUL!!

you can blame the coordinators or asst coaches if you want to … but it all falls on the Prez’s shoulders

• bcz24

Really?

what is Goodell doing to help us stay in the Bay Area?

put some money where your mouth is, Roger!

I want a brand new truck too, doesn’t mean there will be one waiting in the driveway when I get home
    **********************
    What do you mean? He offered the same $200M loan that the 49ers got, and that every other team is eligible for.

• inonewordraider

regarding economy

you don’t have to be alan greensapan to realize that house prices are thru the roof and cars are selling like candy on Halloween

that can’t be bad

Since when is it not allowed for a player to be vocal?
    Please, nothing wrong with that as long as a player produces.

***

@SnBG

oh please. If Shane Lechler acted like Tim Tebow the past 10+ years you’d be slapping him around like crazy. You guys would run him out of town faster than conservative planning to cut govt spending

• inonewordraider

@SnBG

______________
    just win baby

• eastoaklandraider

guest123 Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:09 am

————

Key word here is “almost” where was he in the playoffs when his team needed him?

• bcz24

Kluwe sucks? According to stats, he was better than Lechler last year. He is the antithesis of King. Kluwe is a very accurate punter, and does an awesome job of limiting returns with placement and hang time, King BOOMS the hell out the ball, but so far his accuracy and consistency has been a constant question.

***

then he should do what Dennis Allen asked him to do. shut his mouth and play football. DA called for him to be “focused” on football and get his “priorities” straight

I mean, what if Mark King acted like Mistic in the media and starting supporting the Black Panthers and talking about being under the white man’s thumb still … in 2013?

at some point, don’t you think it’s best to eliminate distractions and avoid a potential locker room divide?

• inonewordraider

the USA’s “HC” has the same record as us (Raiders) 2003-Present

AWFUL!!

________
    after getting the team he inherited? B.O. is more like Jim Harbaugh, GWB went 0-16 and Bill C won the superbowl!

• bcz24

What has Kluwe done since joining the Raiders that is such a ‘distraction’??

• inonewordraider

__________
    just win baby

@bcz

a bleacher report article? lol – I think you personally have more intelligence and writing ability than any of those clowns

Lechler struggled last year – yes. Probably part of the reason he’s gone too.

if Kluwe is as good as you claim, why didn’t any other team in the league want him?

Cribbs was INJURED, so was Woodson. these guys had plenty of visits.

Kluwe? *crickets*

please explain

• SnBG

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:13 am
    Since when is it not allowed for a player to be vocal?
    Please, nothing wrong with that as long as a player produces.

***

@SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Excuse me, don’t lump me into a generalization as to what I would do or not do. I have no problem with Tebow other than the fact that he needs to concentrate on being a QB.

B.O. is more like Jim Harbaugh

***

bwahahahahahahahaha!!

• bcz24

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:21 am
    @bcz

******************
    They used PFF for their stats, so that’s why I posted it.

As far as why were there no other takers on Kluwe? Dude we signed him a week after he was released. It’s not like he languished in free agency.

Poor reasoning my friend, when you are so high on Abraham who is STILL a FA.

• bcz24

Make no bones, I am not say Kluwe is better than Shane. I’m just saying he doesn’t ‘suck’. He is a top 10 punter.

• inonewordraider

rrs even hates jano now cuz he supported Jason Collins

don’t understand getting all freaked out about someone supporting gey marriage. in case you’ve missed the polls, most people support it

it’s coming to a state near you

@bcz

May 6th released
    May 15th signed (for vet minimum)

no other visits. no other offers

• raiderjhawk

Kluwe isn’t a top 10 punter in my opinion. If he was teams would have been wanting to sign him, which they weren’t. Kluwe has definitely lost a step and I think King would have to have a pretty bad camp to not get the job.

In the Kluwe vs. King argument, i’d much rather have King. King is extremely strong and athletic, plus he has blazing speed. Fake punts would definitely be a weapon in our arsenol.

• raiderjhawk

And I support gay marriage. Just wanted to make sure no one accused me of not liking Kluwe because he does too.

@Bcz

do Top 10 punters make vet minimum and get ZERO offers in FA?

ZERO visits, even?

Poor reasoning my friend, when you are so high on Abraham who is STILL a FA.

***

@Bcz

if Abraham would take vet minimum (like Kluwe) he would be signed the day he cleared waivers by the Super Bowl champion Ravens or runner up 49ers

and even with his outrageous demands for money and playing time, he still goes to visit other teams!

just because Kluwe was signed by Reggie at vet minimum on a 1-year contract to compete with last year’s undrafted rookie free agent … does NOT make him a Top 10 punter in the league

that’s bs

• bcz24

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    @bcz

May 6th released
    May 15th signed (for vet minimum)

no other visits. no other offers
    *********
    Well he didn’t get 0 offers or visits because he signed with us first of all. And a punter spending 9 days as a free agent in MAY is pretty damn good.

I don’t understand how you can use his 9 days as a FA as the reason he is a terrible punter, but totally dismiss the fact that Abraham has been a FA for more than 9 WEEKS!!!!

• bcz24

Kluwe has definitely lost a step
    ********
    He had his best statistical year as a punter last year. This holds no water.

• guest123

Well a punter is not the same as a pass rushing DE and neither is the pay.

• bcz24

*************
    Reggie signing him doesn’t make him a top 10 punter. His stats do. I never said reggie signing him made him a top 10 punter so that is bs

• theghostronin79

inonewordraider Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:10 am
    regarding economy

that can’t be bad

============

I read an article yesterday about an “Imminent” Global Recession. One to make the last recession look like a step child.

That crap is scary.

Well a punter is not the same as a pass rushing DE and neither is the pay

***

BCZ made the comparison!

• guest123

Abraham reminds me a little of C Wood. First he was saying he’d want to play for a contender. When the price dropped all of a sudden every team was in the running. I gotta believe that AZCARDS are the fallback option and the asking price must have come way down.

• inonewordraider

But

that drag queen looking thing at the raider game shown on tv about 2 year back

i do not support that

• bcz24

I only made the comparison because you made it sound as if Kluwe spent an eternity on Free Agency and that no one wanted anything to do with him. 9 days in May is hardly spending a lot of time out there, and who cares if he signed for vet min, 80% of the punters in the NFL make the vet min.

@Bcz

you tell me how just an outspoken liberal guy is going to fit in with the locker room full of Bible thumpers (coaches & players) ??

there will be a handful of players that flock to Kluwe, when he spouts his mouth off. there will be plenty of players & coaches that he rubs the wrong way … guys like me

you can dismiss that if you want, but when you have a young team trying to establish an identity and a coach on the hot seat, pardon me for rooting for the black dude drawing comparisons to Reggie Roby

with Matt Flynn at QB, we shouldn’t be punting much anyways!

• bcz24

Rock, if you had just said, Kluwe is an annoying prick and I don’t like him, this discussion wouldn’t be happening. You said he sucks (as in not a good player). This isn’t true. His stats place him as an above average player. His mouth probably has hurt his marketability to teams, I won’t dispute that. I’m still waiting to know what he has done so far as a Raider that has been a distraction.

Chris Kluwe is like Bill Maher in Martin Gramatica’s body …

• guest123

Kluwe is an annoying prick and I don’t like him.

He doesn’t suck, but I’m rooting against him.

If he happens to beat King, then I guess I got no choice to support him. Really at game day, who really is thinking much about the punter anyway?

• bcz24

*************
    I don’t think it will effect the team 1 bit. No one will care what he says or does so long as he punts the ball well. IF he punt’s poorly, he will be out of here faster than he can say gay pride. It’s a non-issue imo.

• The Big Banana

Theghostronin79 Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:34 am
    inonewordraider Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:10 am
    regarding economy

that can’t be bad

============

That crap is scary.

——–

Stock market’s bloated, that’s for sure. And big bro is pumping lots of Monopoly money into the economy

Consider this…if we were in the EU, we’d have had to ask for a huge bailout long ago. Instead, we just print more money.

***

@bcz

i’m pretty sure that since 05/15 he’s been in the media more than any other Raiders player on the roster. I would guess that every time it’s been posted on this blog and you (like me) have clicked on the link

and as far as him sucking, read the mini-camp tweets. He’s been just as inconsistent as King thus far

***

@bcz

so why was he ousted from Minny?

• guest123

*******
    I’ve been doing well lately in the market. Hope this bubble doesn’t pop soon. I’m betting my retirement on it. So I’m a bit greedy, who isn’t? I’m not listening to the doom and gloom naysayers. the market is due for a haircut, but it will bounce back just as quick.

***

@G123

uh oh. that’s like betting on your boy Ford to be healthy 16 games this year

by the way, how about a gentleman’s bet on that for +10 BCP ??