Raiders waive two players

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at 12:06 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders waived linebacker Travis Goethel and cornerback Coye Francies as they positioned themselves to kick off training camp with the players they envision having a realistic shot of making the 53-man, opening-day roster.
Neither move registers as much of a shock, given both failed to make much of an impact during their time on the active roster.
Goethel will be remembered most for his difficulty snapping the ball in the regular-season opener against the San Diego Chargers after he replaced injured regular Jon Condo.
He spent most of his time recovering from various injuries and searching for a way on the field in any capacity. Goethel was a sixth-round draft pick in 2010 out of Arizona State.

• SnBG

KoolKell Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

SnBG Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Kell= Hunter S. Thompson
    ————————–
    Now who are you? I don’t usually call you names. I can start though. ;-)
    ——————————

Kell, you dumbass, can’t you keep us straight?

• PlunkforHOF

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:26 pm
    lets evaluate the team shall we.

QB- The worst position group in the league. THanks Reggie.

RB- We have no depth and McFragile will be on the IR by Halloween. If he survives past Thanksgiving 3.3 yards a carry isn’t much to write home about.

FB- Reece can’t block.

TE- We don’t need one.

WR- Pathetic. No clear #1 and no depth.

Oline- Weak sauce.

FS- CWood won’t start 8 games.

SS- I think we are very good here also, although many will disagree I’m looking for a breakout season from Branch

CB- Hayden should help if he ever plays a down in the NFL.

LBS- ????

DLine- Swiss cheese.

Just my evaluations.

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hate the Oakland Raiders much?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

SnBG Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

SnBG Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Kell= Hunter S. Thompson
    ————————–
    Now who are you? I don’t usually call you names. I can start though.
    ——————————

Kell, you dumbass, can’t you keep us straight?
    ———————————–
    Not all of ya. Lol. Doesn’t matter.

• RaiderTater

KoolKell Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

RaiderTater Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Kell? why won’t you answer the question about what your wife does every Fri, Sat, and Sun, while you live on this blog, every Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, tue, etc etc?
    ——————————-
    When you answer about your mothers crabs, I’ll answer your question, ok?
    And if that’s why your fat azzed daddy walked out.
    ————-
    This from a guy in his late 60′s?
    this is the level of 12 yr olds. Maybe 10.

Let me rephrase it for you, Kell.

No one who has a happy marriage spends every evening of every week, including weekend evenings, on a sports blog, making themself the butt of most jokes.

So, how long ago did your wife bail?

• Marks hair

idk what kell did to draw so many attacks.. I haven’t really seen him trolling or attacking other people mainly just defending himself.. my guess is that he started up with a troll or two back in the day and they have just taken on 15 or 20 different handles…

• tonedeezy

not surprising that raider hater #1 doesn’t know any of our LBs.

they’re the strength of this roster (i know that isn’t saying much, but still).

• Pryor Party Patrol

RaiderTater Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Most here feel sorry for the old fart.
    Have you seen his wife?

============================================

I see. Thanks for the update. Why would someone go to all that trouble. What a loser.

I’ve never seen his wife. Guess that’s why someone’s posting as her? Whew!

• PlunkforHOF

Most here feel sorry for the old fart.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s charitable… albeit doubtful.

• Pryor Party Patrol

How do you guys feel about our DL this season?

I hink they stand a chance to be good, bot great, but solid. I think they’re better on the ends than in the middle. Just my opinion.

• eastoaklandraider

eastoaklandraider Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

lets evaluate the team shall we.

QB- The biggest issue for the team right now

RB- I think we are solid here with qaulity back ups for DMC

FB- Reece is matchup nightmare

TE- another ? for the team we will see who emerges from the group

WR- IMO this is a strength right now we are very deep here.

Oline- we are good not great here, if Bergs, Brisel, and Barnes/Watson can step their game up this group has potential

FS- We are very good here as long as CWood stays healthy

CB- I really dont know what to expect from this group because of our lack of pass rush. Many seem to think Hayden will be a star in the making, but I’m gonna hold off on that until I see it on the field.

LBS- Another position I believe will be pretty good but not great, however if Sio Moore is who he says he is and Burris can take his game up a notch or two in his second season this group too can be special.

DLine- This is pretty much a no name group so expectations cant be too high for these guys. From what was said about Walker it seems he may have the most potential of the DT’s, Houston is a good player but imo is playing out of position so judging him as a DE I have to say im not too excited. If carter can stay healthy he will provide a small boost off the edge on obvious passing downs.

Just my evaluations.

————

Trying to throw off the trolls. Give you own evals before TC starts.

• Marks hair

2 new posts trolls

• Pingback: Oakland Raiders Links That You’ll Want To See July 24, 2013 | Raiders Central | Oakland Raiders Blog