Raiders waive two players

The Raiders waived linebacker Travis Goethel and cornerback Coye Francies as they positioned themselves to kick off training camp with the players they envision having a realistic shot of making the 53-man, opening-day roster.
Neither move registers as much of a shock, given both failed to make much of an impact during their time on the active roster.
Goethel will be remembered most for his difficulty snapping the ball in the regular-season opener against the San Diego Chargers after he replaced injured regular Jon Condo.
He spent most of his time recovering from various injuries and searching for a way on the field in any capacity. Goethel was a sixth-round draft pick in 2010 out of Arizona State.

Steve Corkran

• Marks hair

I see no reason why the defensive line would be any better at rushing the passer or stopping the run this year.. if we are better at stopping the run I would think it comes from our upgraded linebacking corps.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

SnBG has the wit of a 4 year old.

Go Raiders!

• eastoaklandraider

I would hold off on the extend Reggie talk, until I see what he does next year with cap space and a full slate of picks.

• 0ak r8rs

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:37 pm
    Reggie is a fraud and the entire league knows it.

This “blog” as usual, is a little slow on the uptake.

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

@@@@@@@@@

Yea. He’s a fraud. Spent his entire adult life on football playing or scouting or managing. But he’s a fraud. You’re an idiot. And you’re the worst kind of idiot. You actually believe you have a point. But you don’t. You really want anyone, even the biggest Reggie doubters, to think YOU might know more about football than Reggie? And give any credence whatsoever to your assertion that he’s a fraud? Shut up and go a way, clown.

• Marks hair

Houston looks slow every week going up against right tackles.. on the left side he’s going to be up against much stiffer competition, guys who can really kick step and move.. I’m sure he’s going to look even slower against them..

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:10 am

@SeyGlenn

the USA’s “HC” has the same record as us (Raiders) 2003-Present

AWFUL!!

you can blame the coordinators or asst coaches if you want to … but it all falls on the Prez’s shoulders
    ===============================================

That is a ridiculous thing to say. As powerful as the Prez is, he can’t just do whatever he wants. That is the role of congress. Fed Chief Bernanke has been EXTREMELY critical of this do nothing congress especially as far as ANY economic stimulus is concerned. It is the congress’s job to formulate some type of stimulus. What have they done? Nothing.

• SnBG

Thats what 3-4 DE’s do not 4-3 DE’s, do you know the difference? doesnt seem like it. If you play in the 4-3 you are counted on to get sacks so he is a pass rushing DE, just not a good one and thats because he’s out of position. In a 3-4 olb arwe counted on to get the sacks while the DE soak up blocks. But we agree he is a good player.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Yes Houston is out of his natural position but he has improved every year he’s been here. I don’t know who will get 10 sacks this year, maybe no one but the line as a whole will be better. You don’t have to sack the QB all of the time. Houston and Walker will be very disruptive, Carter and Hunter will sack the QB enough and Sio Moore will come from the OLB position and we can hope he will be good. Compared to last year this line will be better and I can see the sack # go up from last year.

• eastoaklandraider

Marks hair Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

————-

I could see the run D being a bit better, no confidence in Simms or Walker huh? cant blame you I just have a feeling those guys are gonna step their games up in a starting role. Remains to be seen.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Reggie’s results speak for themselves.

Come talk to me after the Raiders finish 2-14, IDIOT.

Go Raiders!

• 24

Well that is some insider shiet!

• SnBG

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    SnBG has the wit of a 4 year old.

Go Raiders!
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    H.S.T drinks to much rum and gets confused.

GO RAIDERS!

• 24

This may not be much news but it’s better than the Tuck Rule, SpyGate and having murderers on our team. Wait…aren’t we supposed to be the Raiders here?

• Marks hair

Sims and Walker have had chances to start but they have just never really played up to a starters consistent level.. Houston clearly is not fast enough to be a pass rushing end. he won’t get very many sacks at all and Carter is pretty old and fragile at this point.. you just have to cross your fingers with that guy

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Spoken like a four year old, there is no such thing as too much rum.

Go Raiders!

• eastoaklandraider

SnBG Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:46 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

————

I think it will also but not enough to make a big enough impact.

• SnBG

Marks Hair Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:42 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Yes it will also come from the LB’S because our Dline will protect them better than last year.

• CPT DAN

Any word on our last to draft choices signing?

• eastoaklandraider

Its hard to find top notch DE’s, they make the entire line better which is why Clowney will be a top 2 pick.

• SnBG

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:51 pm
    SnBG Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:46 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

————

I think it will also but not enough to make a big enough impact.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I think the big impact will come in the run D more than anything but the secondary and LBs will play better and give the line more time to get to the QBs.

• inonewordraider

____
    is he really that good or he just a youtube sensation?

• Missus Kell

Any of you fella sen my man Kell?

• Missus Kell

I gave him some money and sent him down to the grocery store for some things and he hasn’t come back yet.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

CPT DAN Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Any word on our last to draft choices signing?
    ===============================================

They’ll be in camp.

• Missus Kell

Hope he’s not cutting and pasting on some football blog again.

Darn fool always does that when I’m not looking.

Send his lazy old butt to do something and he alays gets distracted.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Missus Kell Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

==========================================

Hope you gave him a list and didn’t just tell him because he will forget everything the second the front door hits his raisin ass. And then he’ll spend all your money on malt liquor and pertussin.

• Missus Kell

If you see him, tell him to go to the store and get the bread and ilk I told him to get.

• Missus Kell

milk*

• Missus Kell

And remind him he needs to get lactose free milk!

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

YO YO THE DAWG GETTIN’ JIGGIDY WITH SOME MO FRESH WIGGIDY

Translation for Goobers: your boy is relaxing with some seriously hot poontang in the hot tub

Unfortunately for your boy, he’s already nutted 4 times today, so next time it’ll probably be like shaking out a few drops from a bottle of Tabasco

Also got my pubes trimmed in time for training camp. And some of you dweebs say the Dawg never talks Raider football, whatevs

Anyone see Oak Dork on the blog today? I’m guessing not, yesterday the Dawg administered a lethal martial arts style beating on the poor helpless virgin

So today he’s probably busy sobbing on the toilet and yelling at his poor pee pee

GUESS THATS WHY THEY CALL IT THE BLUES

• Missus Kell

He keeps thinking he can drink regular milk without any problems.

He had some last Sunday before church and didn’t tell me. Well, I was so embarrassed! We we getting such dirty looks!

• SnBG

If you send Kell to get Lactose frre milk he’ll get confused and get coconut milk instead and you’ll find him on a curb somewhere drunk on Pinacoladas.

• CPT DAN

I really would like to seem both in camp and at meetings tomorrow. If they are the future at RT and CB this time is critical. Especially since Haden missed most of OTAs and Watson hasn’t played much football.

• Missus Kell

And if you see Kell, tell him to contact that nice young Beeech fella who offered him a job. Tell I said to get his worthless butt down to the hotel and turn in his application.

• Missus Kell

And also tell him to take along his donut hole cushion. If he has to wait outside the hotel for a few days before that Beeech fella calls for him, he’ll need the coushio to keep his hemorrhoids from flaming up.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

SnBG, you are a proven TROLL, I mean Missus Kell.

Get a life, LOSER.

Go Raiders!

• Marks hair

pretty much the only reason I have heard for our defensive line improving at all this year is because other positions will make them look better or someone just has a gut feeling that the d-line will improve for no reason whatsoever.. so I’m going to stick by my prediction/observation that the D line is not better this year..

• Missus Kell

Well, I have to go back to work now.

You keep an eye out for my man and tell him if he doesn’t do what I told him, he’d better not come home tonight.

Bye.

• 0ak r8rs

Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:06 pm
    YO YO THE DAWG GETTIN’ JIGGIDY WITH SOME MO FRESH WIGGIDY

GUESS THATS WHY THEY CALL IT THE BLUES

@@@@@@@

I’m right here you pointless douche bag. You’re still not cool or funny or amusing. Just a clown. Call me out all you want. You’ve never gotten the best of me and never will. Because nothing you say ever means anything to anybody. Pointless clown douche bag. Go back to your imaginary other blog and suck some nut sacks there. Nobody here cares.

• 0ak r8rs

CPT DAN Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

@@@@@@@@

I can’t picture Watson not being under contract by Friday. All that stuff about supporting his daughter and changing his life for the better and all that crap? No way he lets a couple of bucks delay him on his new NFL journey.

Hayden on the other hand? Probably doesn’t matter cause he won’t be practicing anyway. So who cares when he signs.

• eastoaklandraider

lets evaluate the team shall we.

QB- The biggest issue for the team right now

RB- I think we are solid here with qaulity back ups for DMC

FB- Reece is matchup nightmare

TE- another ? for the team we will see who emerges from the group

WR- IMO this is a strength right now we are very deep here.

Oline- we are good not great here, if Bergs, Brisel, and Barnes/Watson can step their game up this group has potential

FS- We are very good here as long as CWood stays healthy

SS- I think we are very good here also, although many will disagree I’m looking for a breakout season from Branch

CB- I really dont know what to expect from this group because of our lack of pass rush. Many seem to think Hayden will be a star in the making, but I’m gonna hold off on that until I see it on the field.

LBS- Another position I believe will be pretty good but not great, however if Sio Moore is who he says he is and Burris can take his game up a notch or two in his second season this group too can be special.

DLine- This is pretty much a no name group so expectations cant be too high for these guys. From what was said about Walker it seems he may have the most potential of the DT’s, Houston is a good player but imo is playing out of position so judging him as a DE I have to say im not too excited. If carter can stay healthy he will provide a small boost off the edge on obvious passing downs.

Just my evaluations.

• the famous dr robert

Pryor sucks.

I will be back when there is more to say.

• RaiderTater

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Pryor’s uncle used to play for the Giants, fools
    —————–
    Watchu talkin bout, Willis?

• SnBG

Marks Hair Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:11 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Seriously Hair, aren’t you speculating also?

• RaiderTater

eastoaklandraider Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

lets evaluate the team shall we.

QB- The biggest issue for the team right now

RB- I think we are solid here with qaulity back ups for DMC

FB- Reece is matchup nightmare

TE- another ? for the team we will see who emerges from the group

WR- IMO this is a strength right now we are very deep here.

FS- We are very good here as long as CWood stays healthy

Just my evaluations.
    ————-
    In other words, we’re in deep doodoo?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Pryor sucks.

I will be back when there is more to say.
    —————————
    You’ve been here all day under one handle or another, Brien. As always. Bootlicker.

• Pryor Party Patrol

Wait until camps gets going strong. Pryor’s gonna light things up. None of the other QBs have his natural talent. No one will be able to keep up with him. Mark my words, he’ll be the starter for week #1.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Beecham, Missus Kell, Tater, Dr Slob. B@uce, Brien, Norco Boob, BrownStains.

Get a life.

• RaiderTater

Oline is a huge ?
    D line is a major concern
    Qb? So unsettled that you can’t get two posters to agree on anything.

Like I said, 9 new starters on defense, and an yet to be determined Oline?

it’s not a big secret why so many writers are penciling us in last.

Sure would be nice to serve some crow

• DJ Johnny

I have a crazy thought. Why don’t they have Burris do what he was known for in college…rush the QB and disrupt in the backfield.

How’s that for an idea?

• the famous dr robert

KoolKell Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:22 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Pryor sucks.

I will be back when there is more to say.
    —————————
    ********
    Hey dumfvck. Pay attention. Brien and I don’t like each other too well.

U think everyone’s the same person. Many are but there is only one Dr. Robert.