First- and second-round draft picks shut down

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, July 25th, 2013 at 8:23 pm in Oakland Raiders.

First-round draft pick D.J. Hayden and second-round draft pick Menelik Watson were placed on the non-football-injury list today. Therefore, they likely won’t participate in the Raiders first practice at training camp in Napa on Friday.
The designation simply means that Hayden and Watson suffered injuries in an exercise or incident unrelated to football. Hayden and Watson can come off the list at any time during training camp and pick up where they left off, once they pass a physical.
No word on the nature or severity of Watson’s injury. We should know more Friday, when coach Dennis Allen speaks with the media for the first time since the conclusion of offseason workouts in June.
Coincidentally, former Raiders offensive lineman Bruce Campbell was placed on the NFI list a few years ago after he suffered an injury before training camp started.
This isn’t what Watson needs, given he is a rookie, on the verge of his first training camp and in need of every rep possible if he hopes to unseat Khalif Barnes for the starting job at right offensive tackle.
Hayden, of course, has been recovering from surgery to remove scar tissue in his abdominal region. He first had surgery in that area last November, when he suffered a ruptured vein.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

As for Wilson’s three picks: Dude’s a nervous rookie trying to prove himself. No need to panic right now.

• guest123

first practice is wrapped up!

and guess what?

Jacoby Ford is still healthy!

uh huh…ya huh!

:P

• the famous dr robert

I just have all of u beatdowns.

Didn’t u realize it?

They must have been the imaginary kind. Like so many of u brag about.

Awesome.

• inonewordraider

___________
    he has the demeanor of a guy that’s harsher on himself than anyone and is gonna come right back next practice and light it up

• itzSteve

Moose Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:28 am
    Watson on a stationary bike leans towards conditioning issues

————————-

There was a pic that showed Watson and Burris off to the side working with the trainer. It looked like Watson’s right calf/ankle area had a wrap on it. I think that is the problem area.

• Moose

Anyone from UK goes to the west coast USA and start running around and see what happens to you lol

• guest123

*******

no will panic over a 2nd/3rd string QB having a bad day. if it was flynn serving up 3 picks in a row, we’d be on the ledge.

• The Big Banana

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:26 am
    holding penalty waiting to happen is injured

lol @ Banana

your confidence in Watson is impressive!

———

Here’s a guy with a propensity to grab, playing for the Silver & Black. Refs are gonna have a field day. Good thing we have The Visor, as Vegas calls him.

• RaiderTater

0ak r8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Bcz24 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:18 am
    And if you get called out by bcz24, most likely you’re wrong if facts are involved.
    *********
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Purv… I’m not immune to being wrong in here. It happens to us all. He just got me fired up when he said he ‘misspoke’, when he was clearly saying DJ got top 6 money (he specifically said that multiple times) and then back peddled when he got called on it.

@@@@@@@@

Been up since 3am working and on an iPhone and trying to keep up w this argument and the news of the day. To me I misspoke. Or made a mistake. Or flat out said something wrong. Whatever. But don’t call me a facking liar. I’m not some troll tryin to stir up shlt. I make plenty of positive contributions here. My opinion or facts about Hayden won’t be one of them. Not until I see some actual results.
    ============
    “My opinion or facts about Hayden won’t be one of them”???
    What the fak kind of Raider fan are you?
    You automatically turn into a negative little prik, instead of backing a Raider player who was picked first, who actually got on the field?
    Punk azz fool

• 0ak r8rs

RaiderTater Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    0ak r8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:08 am

Bcz24 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:01 am
    Ok. I’m wrong. But in my head I was thinking structure. Not dollars. That’s what the article said. That’s what I was referring to. Ok? Christ.
    ***********
    Don’t get all butt hurt because you got caught in a flat out lie. Maybe you are new here, but that sh1t don’t fly. You will be called out on everything you say. Deal without, or don’t comment.

@@@@@@@@

It wasn’t a lie. I’ve been here for almost a year. And fack you if your gonna accuse me of lying. There’s a difference between being wrong and lying. I was basing all of this on that article. I even posted the facking article. I wasn’t trying to hide or misrepresent anything. I don’t do that. So fack you if that’s what you think.

At least I can admit if I’m wrong or I’ve mispoken or whatever. Nice reaction, dlck.
    ==========
    LOL. Not sure who’s the bigger punching bag, you or ‘Talk to me, don’t talk to me. Look at me, wat you looking at, here I am, go away’ Kell.

both sprout off, then backtrack and resort to juvenile insults.

Both easy targets. Both basically defenseless.
    Oh, and now you can say I’m any number of other posters who also have your number.

@@@@@@@

Yea. I made a mistake. I’m gonna go out and kill myself now. The whole point was based on the article that I posted. It wasn’t a lie. It wasn’t a misrepresentation. Hayden’s agent used what Reggie said about top 3. That’s what I said. And that’s actually what happened. The money thing was wrong. But I know that. And it want what I intended.

Idk why I’m even bothering to explain myself to Alex7. Fack you anyway.

Jacoby Ford is still healthy!

@G123

give him a few weeks

• the famous dr robert

Cork TOLD me he was banning my impostor.

That night, purvis was banned.

Connect. The. Dots.

And he’s the guy who always goes on and on about me having convos with myself. Saying I’m my impostor and how “crazy” it is.

And he always talks about having MR’s number

Hmm. Lol.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

itzSteve Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Moose Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:28 am
    Watson on a stationary bike leans towards conditioning issues

————————-

========================================

He probably tweaked it working out at home or something.

• RaiderTater

the famous dr robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:30 am

Gotta love all the imaginary beat downs and supposed punching bags, etc.

So so so so stupid.

Gotta love the blog.
    ============
    This from the easist slapdown on the board.

• the famous dr robert

T-Dub (c) is a superior qb to Pryor.

Time will shake it out.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Q: how are the TE looking?

A: None of 4 stood out today

***

yikes – not what I want to hear!

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:38 am

======================================

And notice Hayden was at practice today. Have faith, grasshopper.

T-Dub (c) is a superior

Travelle Wharton?

did Reggie sign him??

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Q: how are the TE looking?

A: None of 4 stood out today

***

yikes – not what I want to hear!

====================================

That would point towards Kasa or Gordon starting. If none of them distinguish themselves as pass-catchers, might as well have a good blocker in there.

• the famous dr robert

RaiderTater Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:36 am
    the famous dr robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:30 am

Gotta love all the imaginary beat downs and supposed punching bags, etc.

So so so so stupid.

Gotta love the blog.
    ============
    This from the easist slapdown on the board.
    **********

Lol. An idiot goes right for it.

There isn’t a soul here who knows more football than me and pathetic proclamations of beatdowns are the province of moronic dweebs who couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag in real life.

Ur just one of the legions of my fans trying to get famous.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

And notice Hayden was at practice today. Have faith, grasshopper.”

You were right I was wrong I am happy to admit it :)

Cribbs was running WR routes today, as well as fielding kicks & punts …

interesting. not just a ST guy?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:35 am

itzSteve Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Moose Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:28 am
    Watson on a stationary bike leans towards conditioning issues

————————-

========================================

He probably tweaked it working out at home or something.
    ===============================================

Offensive linemen especially those from the ACC and SEC don’t workout at home. Unless stting at home seeing how many ribs one can eat in a twenty minute period and then trying to break that record constitutes a workout.

• guest123

was chachi covering any of this? Cork’s account went silent.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

0ak r8rs Says:
    ====================================================

I know what you meant to say, but couldn’t help it. And you’re right. “Half a non contact practice in a red jersey is not what I consider “consistent production”. And you shouldn’t either.” We just seem to consider it from opposing viewpoints. And I’ll let it rest now.

• RaiderTater

0ak r8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:34 am

@@@@@@@

Idk why I’m even bothering to explain myself to Alex7. Fack you anyway.
    ———-
    Again with the Alex7? lol. Curious why you think I’m him. Don’t really care, but it has to be good for a laugh.
    I mean, don’t you get it that posters enjoy credit, on their own, when they bichslap fools like you?
    Why would anyone want to give credit elsewhere? Makes no sense, you sorry little bich.

Can’t be bothered to look it up, but for fun? Post something from Alex7 that you swear must be me?
    You won’t. Because you’re an idiot bich who uses the “you must be so and so” to avoid replying to someone who just reamed you.

Which is exactly what Kell does.

Sad, actually, for both of you.
    Now, the Alex7 post, or accept the fact I scare you, fool.

• the famous dr robert

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:39 am
    T-Dub (c) is a superior

Travelle Wharton?

did Reggie sign him??
    ******
    Lol. Well done.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

BTW, I will be in camp tomorrow to give you a first hand eval on some of these “prospects”.

Hayden back fielding punts

-Levi Damien

***

Reggie, Dennis & Bobby April = 3 stooges ??

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Cribbs was running WR routes today, as well as fielding kicks & punts …

interesting. not just a ST guy?”

I told you he feels like this is an opportunity for him to be a WR.

• guest123

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:41 am

*********

bring a camera and tweet up some pics or it didn’t happen. TIA

• the famous dr robert

Lol. Tater thinks he scares people.

Another one of these guys.

A fool calling everyone fools. Love it.

• RaiderTater

the famous dr robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:39 am

RaiderTater Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:36 am
    the famous dr robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:30 am

Gotta love all the imaginary beat downs and supposed punching bags, etc.

So so so so stupid.

Gotta love the blog.
    ============
    This from the easist slapdown on the board.
    **********

Lol. An idiot goes right for it.

Ur just one of the legions of my fans trying to get famous.
    ————–
    I’m one of those posters who call your racist azz out, with no worry of recourse.
    I’m one of those posters that tear your idiot “football” comments apart, then watch you beg off, because you don’t have a reply.
    Not claiming victory, mind you, because I’m just one on a long list who consider you easy fodder.
    Doesn’t mean it’s not fun.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Hayden back fielding punts

-Levi Damien

***

Reggie, Dennis & Bobby April = 3 stooges ??

======================================

What’s wrong with that? It just means he’s good to go.

• inonewordraider

___________
    nice!

let us know how even or uneven the qb comp is

can our rde’s do the job?

do our wr’s and te’s look viable?

how’s our dt situation?

let us know

• RaiderTater

How cute. dr. slob is following me.
    As if that was ever in doubt?

Chance Casey just laid out Sam McGuffie on crossing route

***

yeah, Nick Miller wannabe is headed straight for the practice squad, unless he gets another concussion first and waived/injured

• RaiderTater

Beautiful day outside.
    time to go enjoy it.

• itzSteve

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:42 am
    Cribbs was running WR routes today, as well as fielding kicks & punts …

interesting. not just a ST guy?”

I told you he feels like this is an opportunity for him to be a WR.

——————————–

I read yesterday that Cribbs has value as a change of pace WR and can run reverses and end-arounds as he has done in Cleveland.

What’s wrong with that? It just means he’s good to go.

@Duck

you would risk DJ Hayden, letting him field punts when the red jersey comes off?

only an idiot would do that and I don’t consider you one

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

inonewordraider Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:44 am

___________
    nice!

let us know how even or uneven the qb comp is

can our rde’s do the job?

do our wr’s and te’s look viable?

how’s our dt situation?

let us know
    ==========================================

Will do.

• the famous dr robert

RaiderTater Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:43 am

Doesn’t mean it’s not fun.
    *********
    Lol!!!

Interesting since I don’t think I’ve ever seen u before. Certainly don’t remember u.

Ur one if these idiots who “somehow” knows every word I’ve ever posted though.

U have never “called me out” or fine anything in the slightest to diminish my brilliance.

Name ONE football comment that I have EVER said that wasn’t exactly spot on.

Beg off? Link?

Pathetic punk shows himself so easily.

Ur not famous. I am. Yawn.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:47 am

What’s wrong with that? It just means he’s good to go.

@Duck

only an idiot would do that and I don’t consider you one

==================================

There’s nothing wrong with seeing if he can do it, if no other reason than what if Cribbs gets hurt?

Heck, didn’t Tracy Porter have issues with concussions and seizures last year too?

why is he back there? or Phil Adams?

• itzSteve

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Hayden was cleared this morning; Allen: “been 9-10 months since he played football; not going to throw him back in the fire.” #Raiders

what if Cribbs gets hurt?

Jacoby Ford

• 0ak r8rs

RaiderTater Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    0ak r8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:34 am

@@@@@@@

Idk why I’m even bothering to explain myself to Alex7. Fack you anyway.
    ———-

Which is exactly what Kell does.

Sad, actually, for both of you.
    Now, the Alex7 post, or accept the fact I scare you, fool.

@@@@@@

You don’t scare me tough guy behind a keyboard. You argue like a mad petulant child, call names, claim beat downs on a BLOG, and have no respect for others that may have opinions different than yourself. Just like Alex7.

Frankly, IDGF who you are. You’re disrespectful, immature, rude an have only been here like 3 weeks. I don’t value your opinion in any way. But you’re no fun to deal with either. I come here for news and lively debate and some entertainment. You offer none of that.

So I’m not scared of you. I just choose not to deal with you. I realize that’s difficult for someone like yourself that has so little respect for others to comprehend. But that’s your problem. Not mine. Bye.

• the famous dr robert

Raider Tater = shellyj and many others.

Too easy. How sad for u to spend do much time thinking of me.

Just obsessed with a star. I get it. But it’s still sad.

Lol. What a tool.

glad DA says they are gonna handle Hayden with kid gloves this camp..

leave that red jersey on!!