First- and second-round draft picks shut down

First-round draft pick D.J. Hayden and second-round draft pick Menelik Watson were placed on the non-football-injury list today. Therefore, they likely won’t participate in the Raiders first practice at training camp in Napa on Friday.
The designation simply means that Hayden and Watson suffered injuries in an exercise or incident unrelated to football. Hayden and Watson can come off the list at any time during training camp and pick up where they left off, once they pass a physical.
No word on the nature or severity of Watson’s injury. We should know more Friday, when coach Dennis Allen speaks with the media for the first time since the conclusion of offseason workouts in June.
Coincidentally, former Raiders offensive lineman Bruce Campbell was placed on the NFI list a few years ago after he suffered an injury before training camp started.
This isn’t what Watson needs, given he is a rookie, on the verge of his first training camp and in need of every rep possible if he hopes to unseat Khalif Barnes for the starting job at right offensive tackle.
Hayden, of course, has been recovering from surgery to remove scar tissue in his abdominal region. He first had surgery in that area last November, when he suffered a ruptured vein.

Steve Corkran

• beechraider

DJ Hayden may be a very risky 1st round pick. But if you cant root for him then who can you root for

• itzSteve

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 47s
    Allen said Sims and Watson were injured recently, no more details forthcoming

• guest123

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:50 am
    what if Cribbs gets hurt?

***

Jacoby Ford

********

BWAHAHAHAHA

you seriously just tabbed #12 as insurance for anybody?

:P

• the famous dr robert

Been gone six weeks or so and nothing has changed.

The blog is chocked full of losers desperately talking beatdowns and hallucinations.

The dregs of the world. Poor misfit toys.

• itzSteve

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Raiders working out a free agent center on far field meanwhile

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

itzSteve Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:53 am

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Raiders working out a free agent center on far field meanwhile

==================================

Pack yer bags, Parsons…

• hendu

So Wilsons having a rough day? 3 picks, lets not forget Snake thru 7 in one game…Fact

• itzSteve

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Hayden: “I’m just happy to get back on the field; if I have to wear a red jersey … I’ll wear a red jersey.” # Raiders

• the famous dr robert

Hayden = top five CB within three years.

Watson will beat out Barnes by mid season.

I wonder who the three street FA’s will be that fill out the roster.

Have fun blog tuff guys. Try not to hit urself in the dick. Many of u remind me of that you tube Star Wars kid. Kicking imaginary azz with ur mop.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Raiders working out a free agent center on far field meanwhile

***

Eugene Amano

• itzSteve

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft 33s
    First practice in the bag. Exciting stuff. Of course, that means me and Mr. Cold Tub are getting reacquainted with each other. #shrinkage

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RaiderRockstar Says:

@Duck

you would risk DJ Hayden, letting him field punts when the red jersey comes off?

only an idiot would do that and I don’t consider you one
    =====================================================

Considering some recent mishandling of punts, and the long snapper debacle (no backup with real practice time), maybe they just want a 3rd back up for worst case scenario that can actually hang on to a fair catch. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

• the famous dr robert

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:54 am
    itzSteve Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:53 am

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Raiders working out a free agent center on far field meanwhile

==================================

Pack yer bags, Parsons…
    ********
    Maybe. But I think robiskie is meat.

They seem to be looking at depth on the OL.

Not happy with what they have?

Pack yer bags, Parsons…

***

@Duck

don’t be so sure. Parsons also backs up both GUARD spots. I think this signals the end of Andrew Robiskie

• guest123

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft 33s

********

irritable prick! TMI

me and Dr Bob agree on something?

wow – quick, somebody take my temperature!

• DutchRaider77

714.RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:58 am
    Pack yer bags, Parsons…

***

@Duck

________________________________________________

Cut the next John Randal, Blasphemy!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“what if Cribbs gets hurt?

***

Jacoby Ford”

That’s like saying who is going to help Stevie Wonder see…..Ray Charles?

• 0ak r8rs

And just to be clear, I’ll say this again. I am rooting for Hayden. I would like nothing more than to have another Hayes or Haynes or CWood at CB. When we’ve been great, we’ve had great corners. It was just top big a risk w a team in the position we r in. Again, I’ll be happy to say I’m wrong about Hayden in a year or so when he’s out of the woods. Even of he makes it through this season, healthy. But not until then.

Just because I don’t like the pick doesn’t mean I don’t want the guy to succeed. That would be stupid.

• guest123

*******

@ Rock,

God help you. you have the 5th string linemen on notice. you probably have the inside track on naming all of the first cut team.

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:35 am
    Cork TOLD me he was banning my impostor.

That night, purvis was banned.

Connect. The. Dots.

And he’s the guy who always goes on and on about me having convos with myself. Saying I’m my impostor and how “crazy” it is.

And he always talks about having MR’s number

Hmm. Lol.

————

Early morning in Meltdown City, U.S.A.

The best is when you have Nob running in circles, chasing his tail, head on a swivel, all without doing anything!

Sorry Nerd, you know the Dawg’s gotta keep it realz :)

• bcz24

************
    Our punt returns have been so disgusting the last few years, I would have about 65 different guys off this roster ‘auditioning’ for that role. LOL

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

guest123
    What’s TMI and TIA (thought that was ‘this is Africa’,but blood diamond was just on)?

That’s like saying who is going to help Stevie Wonder see…..Ray Charles?

***

lol, good point silver!

re-sign Johnnie Lee

• itzSteve

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 3m
    Hayden considers himself in football shape. Ready for contact drills and first hit since November. “Can’t wait to get that over with.”

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 2m
    Hayden doesn’t believe he’s far behind. “Once I know some rust off, I’ll be good.”

• bcz24

And just to be clear, I’ll say this again. I am rooting for Hayden.
    **********
    So whats the point in coming in here spouting off over and over again how reggie fvcked up drafting him, how he will never see the field, his contract is fvcked up and all the other crap you have said. It makes no sense. Just sounds like more backtracking to me.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

0ak r8rs Says:
    ====================================================

I’m good with that. Now we wait.

• rudegruden

0ak R8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

——-

• guest123

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 3m

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 2m

******

good stuff from chachi. glad he’s back.

• the famous dr robert

Beeech—care to explain (for once) how I could be running around, chasing my tail, head on a swivel? On a blog? How exactly? Any examples? Ur renowned for this stuff. U say it but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of it.

Oh wait. Am I doing it now? Just responding constitutes receiving a smack down and having a melt down. I forgot.

I really wonder what ur life must be like.

When was ur last underwear change? Oh I mean panty change, since u let on rather “slyly” yesterday that u like to “get into” women’s clothing but don’t like to “get out” of them.

Which many of us already knew.

What I love about ur “schtick” is that u actually get upset when so done calls u on it. U really want people to believe u. And what’s awesome is I think u think some do.

Ur the best clown here. Good luck getting back on the blog after ur soon banned again.

***

@bcz

I found it interesting they had guys like Mike Jenkins & Juron Criner back there, but not guys like Conner Vernon or Taiwan Jones!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Its unfortunate some here think that if you disagree with any decisions you are rooting for that decision to fail.

example: People saying pryor won’t be a starting qb. Translation, you hate pryor and want him to fail”

There are a lot of Drama Queens in here, they all riled up and frothy at the mouth over the tiniest tidbit.

OH MY GOD you said you’re instead of your! CRUCIFY HIM! out come the pitchforks….smh

• the famous dr robert

Beech–u like to complain about getting banned. I don’t think u realize that ur like a derelict creep getting shagged off the beach so decent people can enjoy themselves without looking at a dirty bum who stinks. U complain but no one cares. We are just glad ur not around.

• aig-raiders

where are the doom and gloom guys from yesterday after they reported the injuries? Good to see camp under way.

• the famous dr robert

Btw, Pryor stinks.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

===================================

The only time I ever go after someone for bad spelling or grammar is when they insult me whilst using it. If someone calls me an “idoit,” I’m gonna call them on it.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

I have been quiet and true to my word that I am not talking to any trolls but I cant take it anymore this idiot is littering up the blog on a good TC day.

The Famous Dr Robert

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you do is come here to argue with anyone who will have a typing chat war with you.

Please stop it unless its football related stop arguing with everyone.

• the famous dr robert

Ok boys. Have fun. Proclaim victories and beat downs while I’m gone.

Gotta love the you tube stat wars kids. Waiving their mops at imaginary darth mauls and picturing themselves as “partiers”.

This place is nerd valley.

• 0ak r8rs

Bcz24 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    And just to be clear, I’ll say this again. I am rooting for Hayden.
    **********

@@@@@@@@

First of all, I never said his contract was facker up. Like 3 times today I said I liked the contract. I didn’t like the fact that Hayden’s agent used the “Reggie said he’d pick him 3rd” comment against Reggie. That’s what the article said. That’s what I was talking about. Our precious argument aside.

And how the hell is it backtracking? I’m not supposed to me mature or cerebral enough to question a move and still root for it to work lot for my team? I’m not an idiot. And I’m not a hater. I want every guy on this roster to be awesome! Just because I question their ability or their draft position or draftabilty for that matter, doesn’t mean I don’t want them to succeed. That’s not backtracking. That’s being an objective Raider fan. I’ve said over and over again I hope I’m wrong about Hayden an that I want it to work out. I’ve said that for months as well. But I’m not supposed to question it? Especially on a friggin blog?

I’m a Raider fan through and through. But I’m not an ignorant follower. And yea, I can e negative. The last 20 years will do that to a Raider fan. But it doesn’t mean I don’t want it to work out. And I’ve said that repeatedly.

I can question a move or a player or a coach without hating him. Can you?

• DJ Johnny

hendu Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:54 am

Yep. 1977 reg season after SB victory over Minnesota.

It was a home game vs. Denver’s “Orange Crush” team. It was a 30-7 loss.

Stabler and Raiders would rebound a few weeks later jumping off to a 24-0 lead AT Denver…eventually winning 24-14.

Raiders would play Denver a 3rd time that yr in the AFC Championship at Denver and would be robbed by the famous Rob Lytle “no fumble” play.

You talk about rip off. I’ve never seen a more obvious fumble and a more obvious rip-off. Tatum’s helmet hit the ball head on and he fumbled. I guess they claim the ball was blown dead in error by the ref.

• the famous dr robert

Lol. Silver. Always trying to talk to me. Luv ya buddy.

I already posted more football insight off the cuff than u could muster in a week.

Nice playing with u guys for a while.

Ur fun.

• rediaR

I can’t stand the people that hedge their emotional bets by being relentlessly negative about every damn thing. “I hope I’m wrong but if I’m not at least I can gab about how right was about one of my doomsday scenarios.” Grow some balls and at least find some realistic middle ground.

• the famous dr robert

Btw silver. U argue incessantly with everyone. At least I have fun with it.

Now go be scary. 666. How rebellious. Lol.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Duck I was not insinuating that you are a spelling Nazi.

That is funny however “idoit,”

Probably the same troll that came in here one day and told us that the Italians “Invented” electricity.

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

Nob Bust that post was totally hilarious, thanks for the free meltdown entertainment

Seriously Nerd, if you didn’t get so worked up and panicked I bet a lot less bloggers would pick on you

But whenever you have a nervous breakdown and start flailing around like an upside down turtle, well, it makes it pretty easy for even the lowest blog tool to take a few free, fun whacks at everyone’s favorite punching bag

Shout out to Mr. Peter Tosh, 1 Love in Kingston Jamaica

Anyway, hopefully your recent stay in blog purgatory got you doing some serious soul searching and you’ll consider serious self improvements

Then one day perhaps you can fulfill your dream of auditioning for the PM Party Patrol, the baddest blog gang on the internet

Ha ha, totally kidding. But that was fun to get your hopes up, huh

WRECKS N FULL EFFECT

• the famous dr robert

Rediar–Pryor sucks (I hope I’m wrong but know I’m right).

Lol.

• 0ak r8rs

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

@@@@@@

• the famous dr robert

Lol. Ur imagination of turtles on their backs is telling beeech.

Seriously though. How many days on those underwear? A week?

• rediaR

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    Rediar–Pryor sucks (I hope I’m wrong but know I’m right).

Lol.
    [———————–
    One thing here and there I don’t mind. If anything one thing here and there shows you are paying attention. I’m relentlessly negative about Jacoby “Mini Chaz” Ford.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Exactly. Like everyone here is supposed to be so ignorant we can’t question something yet still want it to work out for our team? Unbelievable.”

Its the one element of the blog that is not good entertainment or any fun.

Its a blog treat it as such not like your life’s ambitions need affirmations daily from the fine folks in here or you will leave the library and commit suicide.