First- and second-round draft picks shut down

First-round draft pick D.J. Hayden and second-round draft pick Menelik Watson were placed on the non-football-injury list today. Therefore, they likely won’t participate in the Raiders first practice at training camp in Napa on Friday.
The designation simply means that Hayden and Watson suffered injuries in an exercise or incident unrelated to football. Hayden and Watson can come off the list at any time during training camp and pick up where they left off, once they pass a physical.
No word on the nature or severity of Watson’s injury. We should know more Friday, when coach Dennis Allen speaks with the media for the first time since the conclusion of offseason workouts in June.
Coincidentally, former Raiders offensive lineman Bruce Campbell was placed on the NFI list a few years ago after he suffered an injury before training camp started.
This isn’t what Watson needs, given he is a rookie, on the verge of his first training camp and in need of every rep possible if he hopes to unseat Khalif Barnes for the starting job at right offensive tackle.
Hayden, of course, has been recovering from surgery to remove scar tissue in his abdominal region. He first had surgery in that area last November, when he suffered a ruptured vein.

Steve Corkran

• 0ak r8rs

RediaR Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:18 pm
    I can’t stand the people that hedge their emotional bets by being relentlessly negative about every damn thing. “I hope I’m wrong but if I’m not at least I can gab about how right was about one of my doomsday scenarios.” Grow some balls and at least find some realistic middle ground.

@@@@@@@

It’s not balls. It’s being objective and hopeful at the same time. And rooting for your team. EVERYONE on the team. But I don’t think Hayden was a good pick. And I’m not just gonna sit on my hands and not say anything about it. It’s negative. And I know I can blow stuff out of proportion. But so what? I can’t still want it to succeed? Not everyone has such a steadfast desire to be RIGHT all the time. Not saying you do either. But I certainly don’t. Maybe in my business or w my kids or w my money? Sure. Not nearly as important on a friggin Raider blog to be right all the time. Not really that important at all actually.

• the famous dr robert

Beech always showing his “Kewl bloggin’ style” and trying to get “man blog love” (his words).

This dude is my fav blog sitcom.

As unintentionally hilarious as the “chocolate rain” guy.

Weird. Gay. Creepy. Possibly insane.

Am I wrong for laughing at him instead of feeling sorry for him?

• the famous dr robert

RediaR Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:23 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    Rediar–Pryor sucks (I hope I’m wrong but know I’m right).

Lol.
    [———————–
    One thing here and there I don’t mind. If anything one thing here and there shows you are paying attention. I’m relentlessly negative about Jacoby “Mini Chaz” Ford.
    *******
    Well at least I’m consistent.

Ya know. Cuz like, Pryor really does suck.

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

Brahs, just arrived at the farmer’s market to find the perfect fresh cucumber to measure the Lawg up against

Gotta be at least 20 inches and weigh no less than 1 lb to closely approximate the real thing

Not sure which Beeeech Dawgette will be given the honor of doing the official measurement, so we’ll probably have a taste-test audition

That’s where they all get to gargle the nads/ding dong and get judged on a point system by, uh, your truly

WINK WINK AND HINT HINT

Will let my Blog Brahs know how this turns out, probably with an epic hip hop style ghetto rap

FO SHIZZLE

• Marks hair

boy the trolls are back huh? not much real talk in the afternoon just a bunch of guys who think obnoxious= funny

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Silverandblack666 Says:
    All you do is come here to argue with anyone who will have a typing chat war with you.
    =================================================

And then some. He continues arguing with some that never responded in the 1st place.

• rediaR

0ak R8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    RediaR Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

@@@@@@@

———————
    Just to be clear I wasn’t calling you out specifically either. One issue we disagree on does not make you negative about everything. Dare I say I’ve seen you be insightful(maybe).

• 0ak r8rs

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

This dude is my fav blog sitcom.

As unintentionally hilarious as the “chocolate rain” guy.

Weird. Gay. Creepy. Possibly insane.

Am I wrong for laughing at him instead of feeling sorry for him?

@@@@@@@

Beeech is a waste of text and time. Not cool. Not funny. Not amusing. Pointless. Let it go.

• Al_is_theraiders

great job shrek…first two picks cant have any physical contact…lol

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Pretty exciting day a lot of hope and optimism in the air.

Right now everyone is 0-0

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

hendu Says:

So Wilsons having a rough day? 3 picks, lets not forget Snake thru 7 in one game…Fact
    =======================================================

Either he had a dramatically more severe hangover than usual, or maybe none at all for once and overthought everything.
    Gotta love the Snake.

• JLofty

What’s up west slope llama man? Staying cool in the heat wave?

• Marks hair

so we worked out wharton.. did we maje an offer?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Oak he is funny IMO

He doesn’t come in here to attack people but he does get attacked.

There are people who come in for information, debate, entertainment, voice their opinion and or say hello to fellow Raider fans. (Beeech is entertainment to me)

Then there are a select few, who I do not need to name, who come in here with the intent to start a chat fight with anyone who will play along so they can call names etc.

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

This dude is my fav blog sitcom.

As unintentionally hilarious as the “chocolate rain” guy.

Weird. Gay. Creepy. Possibly insane.

Am I wrong for laughing at him instead of feeling sorry for him?

————

YES, Nob, YES!

This is one our favorite Nob meltdowns – crying out for friends, longing for just one blog buddy who won’t backhand him into next week

Like yesterday when he basically begged Scourge to be his pal and ignore the Dawg.

Seems to happen every time the Dawg bros down with his many, many Blog Brahs. And every time it backfires perrrrfectly, right back in his grill

Hey Bust, how about posting that link to your facebook page again? You know, just for some more fun free laughs

2 LEGIT 2 QUIT

• inonewordraider
  • inonewordraider

The Raiders didn’t do a lot of seven-on-seven work during offseason workouts, choosing to put quarterbacks under pressure. During seven-on-seven work Friday, Matt Flynn was easily the sharpest of the three quarterbacks.

Flynn had only one incomplete pass in three sessions, connecting on short and medium-depth throws and two nice crossing routes to Jacoby Ford.

Pryor was less effective, with a one-hop throw throw to tight end Jaron Mastrud and another which was broken up by Brandian Ross.

Third-string quarterback Tyler Wilson, the rookie out of Arkansas, had a nightmarish session with three interceptions in four throws, with Cory Nelms, Joselio Hanson and Reggie Smith coming up with thefts.

The only pass that wasn’t intercepted was broken up by Nelms.

Kaluka Maiava opened at starting weak side linebacker over Keith Burnett, although Burnett subbed for him with the first unit on occasion. The other linebackers were Nick Roach and rookie third-round pick Sio Moore.

-jerry mac

• 0ak r8rs

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:41 pm
    Oak he is funny IMO

He doesn’t come in here to attack people but he does get attacked.

@@@@@

I know several find him funny. To each his own. I don’t. And he has called me out a time or two. But idc because to me he’s pointless. Because let’s face it, if you don’t find him funny, then there really is not point to him.

• StayinBlack

Is it me or is the most entertaining, intriguing training camprecent Raiders history

Metta World Peace says he plans to change his name again

Bucks waive big man Gustavo Ayon

Report: Kings, DeMarcus Cousins to start talking contract extension

Report: Nuggets reach three-year deal to keep Timofey Mozgov

Hawks sign Pero Antic

Nets sign former Raptor Alan Anderson to two-year deal

Report: Derek Fisher plans to retire after upcoming season

• rudegruden

0ak R8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    RediaR Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

@@@@@@@

———
    And sometimes its just common sense. The Knapp rehire is a good example. Anyone who actually was honest with themselves knew that hire was going to be a disaster. So what is a fan to do? Lie and pretend all is good?

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

great job shrek…first two picks cant have any physical contact…lol

=====================================

Hayden and Watson will be fine. Relax. Have a cheeseburge.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

*cheeseburger

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

JLofty Says:
    What’s up west slope llama man? Staying cool in the heat wave?
    =================================================

No. Don’t even have a/c. Our renters do. But we don’t. I can jump in the pool though. Or play with the llamas when I turn their sprinklers on. They love those sprinklers on a hot day.
    Hows things on your side?

• inonewordraider

StayinBlack Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

_____
    i’m obsessed regardless but what makes it different is so many new faces and so many unknowns

***

wow, I never would have pictured Burnett as a depth player behind Moore & Maiava!

• 0ak r8rs

Rudegruden Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:50 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    RediaR Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

@@@@@@@

———

@@@@@@@@@@

Exactly. Another good example is McFadden. Everyone here knows he’s made of glass. But I doubt there r many that don’t want him to rush for 1500 yards this year.

Relax. Have a cheeseburger

***

@Duck

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

***

=====================================

Nice for a change, huh? Bringing in another team’s starter to be our backup?

• Al_is_theraiders

quack, you dont think its a sign of whats to come? shrek has a horrible record with the raiders on personnel so far…

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Relax. Have a cheeseburger

***

@Duck

=======================================

Not from me, it isn’t. I love red meat, love a good cheeseburger, and ain’t afraid to say so.

• 0ak r8rs

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

***

@@@@@@@

It’s day one. I wouldn’t read too much into it. Plus, they may wanna just get Maieva his reps before his flight to Hawaii tomorrow for his court case. Unless he got that continued?

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

=====================================

How do you figure? We’ve upgraded over last season (and two seasons ago) in a number of areas. We have a better linebacker corps, better secondary, better wideouts, better o-line, you name it.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Redneck hillbilly.
    _____

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

***

@Oak

arraignment (sp?) was supposted to be yesterday 07/25

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Relax. Have a cheeseburger

***
    RaiderRockstar Says:

@Duck

===================================================

Whereas, we’d be offended if someone told us to go blend a veggie/tofu drink.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Relax. Have a cheeseburger

***

@Duck

this is a blog full of healthnuts. you basically just told somebody to go eff themselves!”

What he meant was go have a cold cheeseburger and some coleslaw (A well knows Al Davis favorite while interviewing with a future HC)

• JLofty

Sssok. Better if caltrans hadn’t spent 10 yrs and hundreds of millions in our tax $$ rebuilding i80 with a drainage system that closes the freeway every time we get a thunder shower….
    Also turns the truckee river into a ribbon of choc milk so can’t dip in that for a few days either

But football season is here and I am stoked!!

• The_Judge37

—–

How did the O-Line get better?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Al_is_theraiders Says:

=====================================
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    ==================================================

Agreed, Al. Could you actually give some specifics or are you just generically negative?

• Marks hair

no word on whartons wotk out? no offer?

• JLofty

And my broken leg has healed enough to limp on it. Might even get the docs permission to do so soon. Ha!
    The last skin hole where the bone came out is just about closed so I can go in a pool/lake/river now too. Yeah cuz I hadn’t done that either! Ha!

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

The_Judge37 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

—–

How did the O-Line get better?

=====================================

Carlisle’s gone, Bergstrom and Nix both have a year of seasoning, and we have a legit big-time RT prospect in Watson.

• bcz24

******************
    MMMm Bout to grill up a couple of black bean turkey burgers tonight on whole wheat rolls. Yummo!!!

• R8ER MIKE

MistaBrown Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    Redneck hillbilly.

******************
    you looking for me Mista ??

• JLofty

Judge the Reg drafted guards and tackles with his few picks last two drafts. The idea being the youth pushes the incumbents to either pick up their game or become depth.
    Depth been lacking in Oaktown/Napa for a while…

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

The_Judge37 Says:
    How did the O-Line get better?
    ====================================================

Brisiel healthy, Barnes/Watson hopefully instead of Smith, better backup potential if Brisiel’s not so good even healthy, Bergstrom/Nix instead of Coop (although I didn’t think Coop was as bad as some) Veldheer/Wiz more experienced, Wiz not hurt…
    Sparano would make last years line better.
    Sure can’t say we’re worse. IMO

• willy91137

The way the A’s are playing this year will be playing on the dirt infield until November

DJ Hayden out on the field that is real good news Watson is on the sidelines get ready

he be out there in a day or two and this football season

I guess Flynn is the sharpest quarterback on the field just what I figured

the Arkansas Razorbacks is thrown interceptions with his toddler hands

Kenny Stabler threw 7 interceptions in a game and nasty what happened he said I would’ve thrown 7more if they hadn’t taken me out of the game

• guest123

no word on whartons wotk out? no offer?

*******

what workout? I didn’t hear of any workout.

• Marks hair

fine I’ll get my news from Jerry and cork like some a******