First-round draft pick Hayden back on the field

NAPA — First-round draft pick D.J. Hayden still has a ways to go before he can turn it loose all the way. However, he is well enough to be on the field and taking part in every activity at the Raiders training camp.
Hayden was on the non-football-injury list Thursday as a precaution until the Raiders got a chance to gauge Hayden’s progress from a surgery in May. He came off the NFI list after he passed a physical and participated in the Raiders first practice here Friday.
“Yeah, I was active, participating in all the drills, got a couple reps in,” Hayden said. “I feel good.”
He might feel well, but the Raiders aren’t taking any chances with a player that underwent a surgery two months ago to remove scar tissue in his abdominal region, which built up as a result of a surgery last November to repair a ruptured vein.
Therefore, Hayden wore a red, no-contact jersey, just as quarterbacks, kickers and punters do during practice. Coach Dennis Allen said Hayden isn’t limited physically. It’s just prudent to ease Hayden back into things after going without contact for eight months or so.
“When you draft a guy like that, that has the talent that he has and we expect him to be able to help our football team, we want to make sure we’re smart and do the right things in bringing him along, let him get acclimated,” Allen said.
Hayden said he feels as if he’s ready to go full tilt. Yet, he’s going to follow orders until team doctors/trainers give him the green light to crank it up.
Once that happens, Hayden can put that behind him and get about the business of validating the Raiders selection of him with the 12th pick of the NFL draft in April.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Hayden said. “I can’t wait to get that first contact in. Then I can feel relief.”

Steve Corkran

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

SnBG Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Aus will start at TE also, time to accept that fact.

==================================

He didn’t start today.

• mcfadden20.

Just start the games already

• mcfadden20.

Why you Jason Tarver fired ?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Jerry says Flynn was easily the sharpest QB today, throwing short, intermediate passes. While Pryor was connecting on Bombs.

• mcfadden20.

Want *^

• Raider E

I much rather watch Pryor throwing Bombs.

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

Mcfadden20. Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:41 pm
    Beech on Internet = so called player

In reality = lame old hairy ass fart who hasn’t taken shower in a week

——–

No … No … not a WHOLE WEEK
    That’s an amazing burn because it’s so gross, right?
    Please take it easy on the Dawg, your roasting ability is so powerful and unstoppable

• papertiger418

Sio will give Martian Head a “Welcome to Earth!” moment in Week 3

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Raider E Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I much rather watch Pryor throwing Bombs.

====================================

But the short and intermediate passes are what moves the chains.

• willy91137

Matt Flynn will start and Pryor will probably back him up Wilson’s rookie that playbook is hard Flynn has six year I know he hasn’t started many games but it’s still experience

you got a lot to learn all the line calls all the play calls and run the no huddle that is a lot to learn

• Raider E

Throwing bombs moves the scoreboard.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Raider E Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Throwing bombs moves the scoreboard.

=================================

When they connect, sure. It’s like building a baseball team stocked only with home-run hitters. When they’re blasting them out of the park, great! But when they’re not…

• willy91137

Raider E Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:47 pm
    Throwing bombs moves the scoreboard.

Yeah where’s your defense out

• Raider E

Cant help it. I will always be old school Raiders.

Beat up the opposition on the LOS and air it out deep.

You can call me AL.

• 24

I think Wilson should have a chance to sit back and learn while Flynn should have a chance to start. Let Flynn prove whether he can get it done or not and don’t rush Wilson.

If Flynn plays well and we have a bad record, I say keep Flynn starting and let him continue to develop and build chemistry with our team and he should start the next season.

If Flynn plays poorly and we have a bad record, let’s say at least 6-7 losses, then you start Wilson for the rest of the year and let him develop to become the future of the franchise.

• SnBG

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    SnBG Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Aus will start at TE also, time to accept that fact.

==================================

He didn’t start today.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Give it time grasshopper.

• McFaddens_Sneakers

“Hayden underwent a surgery two months ago to remove scar tissue in his abdominal region, which built up as a result of a surgery last November to repair a ruptured vein”

I swear every writer in the media writes this paragraph when talking about Hayden, can yall efen stop. rally we already know that ish

• Raider E

Bash Brothers were one of the highlights of my life.

• mcfadden20.

Hopefully we can survive Training camp injury bugs

• Marks hair

there are a lot of big concerns for this team

• Al_is_theraiders

what was flynns longest pass? 10 yards?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raider E Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I much rather watch Pryor throwing Bombs.
    ——————–
    And making plays, otherwise.

• mcfadden20.

Poor beech making that puppy face I almost feel sorry for him now

• JLofty

“Sio will give Martian Head a “Welcome to Earth!” moment in Week 3″

Now THAT’s what I’m talking about. Time to knock Sputnik the F out!

Way to get your pre-season game on PT418!

• The_Judge37

Moving the Chains means nothing if you can’t score.

• 24

Very true. The Raiders didn’t have the best defense when Gannon was around but we had 8 minute drives that kept them fresh and healthy. That kept the enemy offense off the field and our defense wasn’t tired out.

• Dakota

53.mcfadden20. Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:44 pm
    Why you Jason Tarver fired ?

+++++++++

Oh wait, those poinst given up were the players’ fault…..I forgot.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

JLofty Says:
    There are naughty words that get you in the purg moderation queue Llamaman. They are unknown and often really random and not partic naughty…
    =====================================================

I know all that. It says it as part of my handle on a comment that posted (#13) that I copied(body only) from the previous post, where the same thing happened #71.
    I hadn’t seen that before.

• Beeeeeech Dawg N Full Effect

Brahs, any of you ever get a girl in the doggy style positon and then right as you’re about to jizz you fart out hot diarrhea instead?

Happened to a buddy of mine last night, totally embarrassing, huh

Guess that’s why they call it the blues

• 24

The knock on Ausberry is that he’s a better receiver than a blocker. I’d rather have a solid blocker starting over a receiver. We need to protect our QB, control the game with our running backs and Barnes or Watson may need the additional help against speed rushers.

• Marks hair

Wilson’s a non story for at least a yr… we already have one young gun to coach up.. know idea why we drafted another… we passed on a couple good players for him..

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Raider E Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Bash Brothers were one of the highlights of my life.

====================================

And yet the 1988 small-ball Dodgers went 4-1 against them…

• Raider E

Obviously I am not a football guru. I am a fan.

Fans want exciting kick your butt football and impresssive deep strikes.

Home run hitters

3-point shooters.

Monster Jams

QB sacks.

TOUCHDOWNS !!!!

• theghostronin79

SnBG Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:34 pm
    Nobody here seems to like Aus, h’s going to be the starter you know. Better get used to it.

============

I do, I always have…….I constantly talked him up but, it was futile.

• JLofty

You prolly kno better than most this is one strangely moderated comment section on the interwebs…

• McFaddens_Sneakers

SnBG Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:51 pm
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    SnBG Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Aus will start at TE also, time to accept that fact.

==================================
    Im pushing for Rivera to make an impact! has anybody seen his sister. WOW!

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Dakota Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:53 pm

53.mcfadden20. Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:44 pm
    Why you Jason Tarver fired ?

+++++++++

Oh wait, those poinst given up were the players’ fault…..I forgot.

===========================================

What were the opposing point totals the last five weeks of the season, after McClain and Seymour were gone?

• Raider E

That series was decided when a crippled Kurt Gibson took Eckersley deep with what?

You guessed it.

A walk off Homerun, Playa.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

24 Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

=========================================

And Ausberry has never shown the ability to get open underneath as the third or fourth read. That’s a requirement for any TE.

• JLofty

“And yet the 1988 small-ball Dodgers went 4-1 against them…”

This and the A’s taking the Gnats in the Earthquake series were the last championships I’ve sniffed as a fan. Callahan’s playoff run doesn’t count.

But those made the Niner super bowl runs a bit more bearable back in college with 9Balls and Donkey fans all over the campus…

• Marks hair

we went full squad today so the qbs would see some pressure… but I didn’t hear about any passrush working.. all yr problem

• SnBG

I’d rather have a great catching TE that can block ok than a blocking TE that can catch OK. The great TEs catch the ball. That’s where the money is.

• Raider E

BTW,

Bash Brothers came back in 89′ and swept the Giants.

But you know that.

Anyone can use selective memory.

• JLofty

“Im pushing for Rivera to make an impact! has anybody seen his sister. WOW!”

Links? Source? come on help a brother out man!

• Raider E

Lofty,

A’s won the AL Championship in 90′ too.

Swept by the Reds in the WS.

• Marks hair

we don’t have any versatile tes…. just cause a guys new doesn’t mean he can football..

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Never been a Dinker fan myself either. It’s okay if your trying to run down the clock, if you’ve got a lead, I guess.

But the Defense creeps up further and further during the game, and every play has to be perfect just to get 5 yds.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Marks hair Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

=======================================

No way to tell how good the pass rush is until we go to pads and hitting. That can’t happen for another few days.

• 24
  • http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

SnBG Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

======================================

Ausberry’s not a great catching TE. He hasn’t even been shown to be a good one. Gordon can at least block well.