Raiders get some linebacker help

NAPA — With a handful of linebackers injured, the Raiders turned to a familiar face for some immediate help and signed veteran Omar Gaither on Monday.
Gaither played in seven games for the Raiders last season. He started four of the final five games once the Raiders decided to bury Rolando McClain on the bench.
The Raiders are without Miles Burris (knee), Kaluka Maiava (foot), Billy Boyko and Sio Moore right now, though Moore sent out a Tweet on Sunday night saying that he expected to return to practice today.
Gaither played in the middle last season. However, he is versatile enough to play on the outside, too. Nick Roach has the middle locked down for now.
On Sunday, Burris said he isn’t sure when he will be cleared to practice. He still is recovering from offseason surgery that forced him to miss all of the offseason workouts and mini camps.
Maiava suffered an injury Saturday and exited the field on crutches and with his left foot in a protective boot. The nature of Moore’s injury isn’t known. We should know shortly whether he is healthy enough to get back on the field.
Gaither has started 44 of the 84 games he has played during his seven-year NFL career.

Steve Corkran

• jackasspuria

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Here are the Raiders — in my opinion — who need to grab the bull by the horns and put boots to arses when things fall by the wayside…

Darren McFadden
    Tyvon Branch
    Jared Veldheer
    And whomever wins the starting QB gig.

• SnBG

Mattie Ice is pretty quite. Not a big rara guy.

• mcfadden20.

M.Shorter Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:05 pm
    Haha Rivers is a rah rah guy and look what he’s accomplished this last 3 years

Haha cry me rivers

• the famous dr robert

BigTed707 Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    DA and Flynn are a milquetoast match made in heaven.
    *********

Milk toast? What do u expect from tits?

He’s juggling a lot. But i think underneath, he’s perky with energy and firm with discipline.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:01 pm

If flynn truly wants to be starter.. then (im not saying he is not) he will start having to act like its his TEAM.. his OFFENSE.. start holding guys accountable.. be vocal.. STEP UP and dont just say “hey thats not me” thats not who i am… well u better get like that.

U only have a few chances at this..
    =============================================

You can’t ask a guy to be something that he is not. I think a lot of fans wanted Palmer to scream and yell, and that’s just not who Palmer is. Same thing with Flynn.

The other point is a player can’t just come in and anoint himself as a leader. The other players have to do that. The one guy who is the highest paid, been here the longest and is the focal point of the offense is McFadden. Maybe he should be the vocal leader here.

• mcfadden20.

SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:08 pm
    Mattie Ice is pretty quite. Not a big rara guy.

Roddy white Julio jones Gonzalez all quiet guys

• mcfadden20.

Flacco another quiet guy rice quiet boldin quiet Torrey smith quiet guy , didn’t stop then from putting up points against best defenses

• M.Shorter

the famous dr robert Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:08 pm
    BigTed707 Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    DA and Flynn are a milquetoast match made in heaven.
    *********

Milk toast? What do u expect from tits?

——–
    DA is the type of guy thats dull when it comes to media but when it comes to games, this dude yells at players and holds then accountable. Players respect D.A. as should we all.

• SnBG

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:05 pm
    We are talking about this RAIDER TEAM.

This Raider team needs rah rah guys… how do i know?? UM REGGIE and DA are begging for it. every dang interview they are saying we need guys to step up and lead.

Josh cribbs just said DA said that today lol.. but no on here the board says we dont need rah rah guys. Get a clue
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Leading doesn’t mean rara all of the time. Lots of different personalities can be leaders. Woodson is a leader but I wouldn’t call him a ra ra guy.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

I agree with Shorter – but so far, continuity is the ONLY reason I can think of to support bringing back DA as HC.

This is a rebuild from the bottom up, and DA is here to lay the foundation for a solid defense. (something the Raiders has needed to do for a long time.)

the 49ers went through 2 Defensive coaches before Hardboh got there – when he stepped in, he already had a dominant Defense in place.

I see Reggie taking us down a similar path, but hopefully, we will take less time than the 9ers did.

• mcfadden20.

This rah rah stuff is over-rated maybe they need1 , someone like Sio Moore will step in , he’s pretty confident and vocal guy , we’ll see what happens

• mcfadden20.

Belichick hardly gives any good quote and he has been in the league almost 100 years , didn’t stop him from becoming successful

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    After one year you know this????????????????? What DA did with this team last year was great despite the talent.

• 0ak r8rs

RaidO Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 6:00 pm
    ak R8rs Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 5:52 pm
    RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    I already said I didn’t know he had worked w House. When I said it, there was NO evidence that he was any better. It was the night of the first day of training camp. The day AFTER I said it PRYOR HIMSELF SAID HE DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO THROW!!! Is that good enough? Maybe he can throw now.
    ========================================
    No, it’s not good enough.

You said he can’t throw.

Period.

What fkng difference does it make whether you knew he was working with House or not ?

Oh, I get it – you were right when you made the blanket statement ‘HE CAN’T THROW’ bcz you weren’t aware he was working with House and might be able to throw.

Hilarious.

Well, at least you’re willing to admit he might be able to throw now.

Of course admitting he might be able to throw now (regardless of whether you knew he was working with House or not) would be getting dangerously close to admitting you were wrong when you said HE CAN’T THROW.

So, can he throw or not ?

@@@@@@@@

For the last time. When I said he can’t throw, he couldn’t. I never said he would NEVER be able to throw. Although I have my doubts there as well. But when I said it I was RIGHT! And a few good practices doesn’t make me wrong. And oh, btw, PRYOR AGREES WITH WHAT I SAID WHEN I SAID IT!!!

I really don’t give a F if you don’t anymore. Because he does. And I’m right. And what I said has nothing to do with what he might do in the future. Or even now. I said it. Pryor said it. Just about everyone that knows football said it. Idc if its good enough for you. It’s good enough for me and several people on this board and who else?

OH YEA, PPPPPPPRRRRRRRYYYYYYYOOOOOORRRRRRR!!!!!

—————————-
    Can’t throw?
    Once again he looked pretty good “throwing” way back in 2010 at the Rose Bowl.

Terrelle Pryor – Oregon Highlights

@@@@@@@@@

LMFAO. Omfg. I’m losing respect for you. Since when does college translate to pros? I suppose Matt Flynn will win the Super Bowl this year because he won a national championship? I’m done w this conversation. I was right when I said it. As of now I’m still right. And Pryor agrees w me. Hopefully Pryor can prove himself and me wrong. This conversation is over. Just let it go.

• mcfadden20.

Hue was a loudmouth , but that loudmouth couldn’t inspire his team to win a must win game , infact last years team had more energy in week 17 with nothing to play for than in week 17 of 2011

• Scourge

Evening, all!

:cool: :mrgreen:

• M.Shorter

Hue loudmouth didn’t help him at the end of the year either.

@ MCfadden20

• mcfadden20.

With everything to play or

• mcfadden20.

Be right back , carry on this

• SnBG

Falcons head coach isn’t a loud mouth ra ra firery guy and he does pretty well.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh DA is conspiring with Fox and the Donkies to bring us down.

========================================

A year ago, Al_is and his crowd were saying the Falcons, Saints and Broncos had deliberately engaged in a decade-long eeeeeeeeevil plot to prop up DA as a coach because they knew Al would die, Reggie would become the GM, and he’d hire DA.

No, I’m not kidding. This is what they actually said.

• M.Shorter

SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

———-
    Agreed. SnBG defense greatly improved at the end of the year. When you team has a losing record and nothing to play for and they still play good defense. Thats good coaching.

• SnBG

I’ve heard DA is pretty intense, hard nose and serious.

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

I don’t need DA to be a “ra-ra” guy – I just need him to have a clue when it comes to ALL 3 PHASES, not just Def….

Can DA get our Defense to be dominant? I hope so!

Can DA get Pryor, DMAC, REECE, etc to play up to their full potential? I also, am hopeful, but far more skeptical.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I’ve heard DA is pretty intense, hard nose and serious.
    =======================================

Dennis Allen is a very solid football coach. Why you guys don’t like him is beyond me.

• jackasspuria

SnBG

Gathering from what the beat writers say about Allen during camp/practice, I get the same feeling.

How I would have loved to be there or get a video or eye-witness account of the confrontation Rolando McClain had with Allen that led to McClain getting suspended and eventually released. From Tafur, Corky and Jerry Mac, they heard it was pretty heated with Allen not backing down from RoMac.

• SnBG

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:18 pm
    SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh DA is conspiring with Fox and the Donkies to bring us down.

========================================

No, I’m not kidding. This is what they actually said.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Interesting…Fox and Al had a good fight when Fox was our DC back in the day. I think Fox put a hit on Al and then worked some magic and got DA hired by the raiders. A good old fashion coup

• Raider Riff

We need a rah rah leader. Gannon was the last one we had. Gannon was the only time we’ve been relevant.

Just sayin’.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:21 pm

=========================================

Simple. They’re still pining for Jon Gruden, for some bizarre reason.

• Crawfish Joe

Scourge Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:16 pm
    Evening, all!

:cool: :mrgreen:

==============================

:cool: Scourge of the East :!:

• Raider Riff

Gruden was a rah rah guy.

Just sayn’.

• Raiderfusion

Some of you guys in here are like Chicken Littles, running around with your heads chopped off screaming: The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling. Everyone take a breath, the story will play itself out. We had almost 15 years of crap, if not for the Tuck Rule Chucky stays and we win atleast 1 or 2 titles. Well we got garbage instead, and now we’re starting all over, GOOD! Give RM and DA a chance to connect the dots. We’ve had worse seasons than 4-12, but that was with full squads not scrums. RM is building this right, and he’s chosen DA to help him put this together. After all he has the right to get his own man. Did DA make some mistakes, of course he did. Every new coach has made mistakes, depends on whether DA learned from his or not. Bill Walsh’s 1st year he was 2-14. Give them a chance

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

With DA as head coach – I see us with a dominant Defense, and an offense that relies on the run game, and a game managing QB who won’t turn the ball over. That is our best chance to win. I have faith that DA can get that done.

I don’t think that will be enough to go all the way, but it would be a good start!

• RaidO

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I’ve heard DA is pretty intense, hard nose and serious.
    =======================================

———————

No DA is not a solid coach. He will be fired in the next 2 years. He hired Gregg Knapp….come on now??

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

Search your feelings, Luke.

You know it’s true.

• Raider Riff

The sky fell a long time ago.

• 0ak r8rs

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 6:25 pm
    sh!t, never a cowgirls fan but DA is a typical cowgirl coach…the guy doesnt do sh!t but preach competition to other players yet his hand picked towel boys get a free pass. no matter, after this year he is gone.

@@@@@@@@

Spoken like a true Cowboys fan. Way to stay loyal! Say hi to Romo for me.

• SnBG

BigTed707 Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Can DA get our Defense to be dominant? I hope so!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I don’t understand why you would say that. DA has these guys competing and practicing hard. Him and Reg have created a great competitive atmosphere. It shows with they way they’re practicing. For the first time in ages these guys know they have to play well to keep there jobs.

• RaidO

BigTed707 Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

-=————————-

DA and dominant Defense? Where? The Bronco D was ranked 20th when he was there and most of the D was all Fox.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaidO Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

=======================================

And Gruden hired Chucky B, didn’t he?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:21 pm

=========================================

Simple. They’re still pining for Jon Gruden, for some bizarre reason.
    =============================================

hahaha. Good point. Funny thing is Allen is in the league. And if Allen got fired tonight he would be back in the league tomorrow morning. Gruden isn’t going to be in the league anytime soon.

• 0ak r8rs

Raiderfusion Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

@@@@@@@@

Ditto.

• Raiderfusion

Chucky other than the SB over his own past team never did much else in TBay. He won with Tony Dungy’s Defense, but never developed a QB or decent Offense.

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    C’mom big boy. I bet you say that to all of the coaches.

• Crawfish Joe

SnBG Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:19 pm
    I’ve heard DA is pretty intense, hard nose and serious.

========================

Hi SnBG……….. I’m sure he is, but you left out the words ‘football savvy smart’. He carries a little to much coach speak, but if he is able to learn on the job, get rid of the training wheels and get us a wild card, then maybe all that intenseness, hard nose and serious stuff is good stuff. :???:

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

The people who want DA fired are the same ones who would have wanted Belichick fired after he took over a Patriots team that had gone 8-8 and 9-7, and went 5-11 his first year.

• RaidO

The defense was worst last season and that was all DA. He’s supposed to be a D guy right..

• http://www.tedhendricks.com/Ted_vs_Montana.jpg BigTed707

__________________

Well, if Allen DOESN’T help the Defense improve, then he is a complete bust.

But I think our D will be improved.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Gruden isn’t going to be in the league anytime soon.”

He doesn’t want to if he did he would be coaching somewhere. Why should he step out of that stress free both to go down on the filed for the same money only to be stressed out everyday with all that pressure.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaidO Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

========================================

Wait and see what it’s like this year with the check-cashing trio (McClain, Seymour and Kelly) gone. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.