Raiders sign DT Myles Wade

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 at 11:36 am in Oakland Raiders.

With depth issues on the interior of the defensive line, the Raiders signed defensive tackle Myles Wade, according to a tweet from the agency that represents him.

Symmetry said on @symmetry reps: “Congratulations to DT client Myles Wade, who moments ago signed on with the Oakland Raiders . . . Best of luck to Myles.’’

UPDATE: The Raiders have confirmed the addition of Wade.
Oakland has been without projected starting tackle Pat Sims since the start of training camp with an undisclosed injury. During Tuesday’s practice, both Vance Walker and rookie Stacy McGee left with injuries. Walker is also projected to start.

Brandon Bair, who can play both end and tackle, has also been a spectator during the last two practices, as has nose tackle Johnny Jones.

If none of those players are able to return to practice Thursday after a player’s day off, that leaves the Raiders with second-year man Christo Bilukidi and undrafted rookie free agent Kurt Taufa’asau.

Wade, 6-foot-1 and 300 pounds out of Portland State, spent time with the Seattle Seahawks last season but did not see game action and has also been in camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Greg Jenkins continues to show the kind of potential as a receiver he showed in OTA’s and minicamp. The former quarterback was considered a project at wide receiver. He is showing enough potential to at very least stick around on the practice squad this season.
    Levi

How many WR’s have pulled up on a reverse and chucked the ball? I’ve seen lots of RB’s and others do it, but don’t remember any WRs.

• RAIDERMAN99

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:41 am
    What’s also lost in the that decision in ATL, is that Matt Ryan threw an INT on the 2nd play afterwards and we drove and ended up with a 52 yard FG.

If we kick the FG and miss, the field position would have been out of whack and we wouldn’t have been in position for the 2nd FG.

So it was the right call. We ended up with the 3 points anyways, due to the field position of the punt.
    ===========================================
    Have to disagree with JFB on this one.

I think Tits should have attempted the FG.

Close call, and not a major error either way, but I try the FG.

Would give Jani a 50/50 chance of making it.

JFB appears to be working from the assumption, he’d have missed.

But if Jani does connect, we’ve got 3 on the board and Falcs likely get ball in similar field position on the ensuing KO. And we pick Ryan again, of course !

What’s the point of having a long range weapon like Jani if you’re NOT going to use it ?

I view the decision not to attempt the FG as a mistake, albeit not a major one.

Just a grain of sand on the beach of reasons to FTY.

• the famous dr robert

Re: Riley cooper.

Obviously what he said was idiotic and wrong. No way to excuse it or downplay it and I certainly find it disgusting.

With that said, his apology did seem legit and sincere and hopefully he can look at himself in the mirror and ask himself why he said those things and learn from it.

It’s possible for people to change and become better people, many times due to a standout situation in their lives.

If he’s truly embarrassed, maybe it will be the thing that makes him change within himself.

We have all said and done things that we regret. Many times we might have said something in anger that seems contrary to how we think if ourselves and had to examine why it happened.

We all know people and probably relatives and friends who said things we cringed over or that they themselves may have instantly regretted.

I don’t know Riley cooper and I don’t make apologies for him. I have some bad feelings about him but they have at least been mitigated after the fact by what seems to be a sincere apology and some effort to make it right.

But he didn’t kill anyone. He didn’t physically harm anyone. Sticks and stones. He simplyade an azz out if himself and now has to carry that around until hopefully, he shows he’s not that person.

Remember to forgive. I want to be forgiven for my many mistakes. I’m sure u do too.

There are things I’ve said on here that I kinda regret.

(The black athleticism/white brains thing was probably not a great idea since it was taken completely seriously by some)

Anyway, fvck Riley cooper anyway. He’s not a Raider.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

The Raiders played six homes games (four regular season, two exhibitions) at Kezar Stadium before they moved to Candlestick Park late in the 1960 season. Kezar Stadium was the San Francisco 49ers’ home from 1946-1970.

Learn something new every day. Raiders played at the stick before the 9ers.
    This’ll bring the old locals out.

• the famous dr robert

We all have racism and prejudice lurking deep in us. Things that have planted by the evil one, that in a moment of weakness, could come out.

That’s why we have to be diligent about not allowing ourselves to be poisoned by it.

Fight the good fight. Don’t fall for the trap of hate.

• rediaR

lol evil one

Dr Bob = Riley Cooper

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raiders seventh round rookie David Bass has shown himself to hold up against the big boys pretty well. The former division two pass rusher out of Missouri Western became the Raiders final draft pick last April. He has looked like he fits in just fine at defensive end for this team and could push Jack Crawford for playing time and perhaps even his roster spot.
    Levi.

Didn’t someone say Bass got swallowed up by Olinemen on succesive plays? Think it was Crawford. Not sure.

• the famous dr robert

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    Dr Bob = Riley Cooper
    *******
    Wow. Really?

No respect for u now.

• the famous dr robert

It’s funny.

If u think Pryor is a bad passer, some posters think it means ur racist.

That makes those people the biggest retards on the board.

• troll hunter

Mystic = george jefferson

• the famous dr robert

RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 2:26 pm
    lol evil one
    *********
    The devil is lurking. Always.

• the famous dr robert

Troll Hunter Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    Mystic = george jefferson
    ********

Lol. I love George Jefferson.

• troll hunter

Mcfadden20 = Fez

• RAIDERMAN99

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:45 am
    George has taken quite the liking towards 99.
    BFF?

***

@Plunk

yeah. they both like Pryor. both loved Hue

both hated Palmer. both hate Allen

both love Vince Young. the divide seems to be Jason Campell.

if they could ever get that worked out, I’m sure you’d seem them are Raider games like Larry & Balki (yes – a Perfect Stangers reference, lol) forgive me

======================================
    WTF Rock ? Stirring the schit ? OK, I’ll play along.

I disagree with KK on alot more than Jason Campbell.

Think you know I’m a conservative and dislike his political views.

I probably disagree with KK more than I agree with him.

Tell you something though, even though KK often brings it on himself – I find some of the KK bashing way out of line. Like stuff about his wife, for instance. Is that really necessary or called for ?

Tell you something else, several years ago we had some bad fires here in Reno. Wasn’t able to post for a few days. KK was nice enough to mention that I hadn’t been on and said that he hoped I was alright.

I won’t forget that.

So, no, we don’t agree on everything except JC, and we’re not BFF, but I’m also not going to join in on the KK bashing. I keep things civil with KK. I try to do that with most of the posters here. Sometimes I slip up, but for the most part I don’t make it personal.

FTY