1,415

Raiders sign DT Myles Wade

With depth issues on the interior of the defensive line, the Raiders signed defensive tackle Myles Wade, according to a tweet from the agency that represents him.

Symmetry said on @symmetry reps: “Congratulations to DT client Myles Wade, who moments ago signed on with the Oakland Raiders . . . Best of luck to Myles.’’

UPDATE: The Raiders have confirmed the addition of Wade.
Oakland has been without projected starting tackle Pat Sims since the start of training camp with an undisclosed injury. During Tuesday’s practice, both Vance Walker and rookie Stacy McGee left with injuries. Walker is also projected to start.

Brandon Bair, who can play both end and tackle, has also been a spectator during the last two practices, as has nose tackle Johnny Jones.

If none of those players are able to return to practice Thursday after a player’s day off, that leaves the Raiders with second-year man Christo Bilukidi and undrafted rookie free agent Kurt Taufa’asau.

Wade, 6-foot-1 and 300 pounds out of Portland State, spent time with the Seattle Seahawks last season but did not see game action and has also been in camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:27 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:10 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    EastOak still on fire about Hue lol

————–

They let my dog back in huh, was good brah missed you around here.
    ********************

Ah thanks man…..just very interested to see what 2013 brings…I have no clue man….like what do we really know? Lot of new faces and a new scheme on offense

———–

We gotta start Pryor B, he has the want to and he’s big Al’s last pick. It would be a great ending chapter to Al’s career. He’s obviously improved throw him in the Pistol/Read option with the rest of the O and lets see what we have, if not its gonna be another wasted year for us and TP and we still wont know what he’s capable of on sunday’s.
    ******************************

I hear ya but by all accounts thus far….even Norco Bob who went to Napa last week…said Flynn was sharp and seemed to have command of offense. I’m intrigued to see what Pryor can do as well. He will be on field regardless I promise you that. If Flynn is not up to task then I’m sure Pryor will get his look. The QB spot I’m happy about…I said before why we should let Palmer go and ppl asked me what did I suggest….I wanted a mid level Vet qb….Flynn? check….Pryor….check….rookie QB…check…..then let em all compete in Napa….check…..this is best way to see team come together and a true leader can emerge as result of QB winner

• eastoaklandraider

lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:23 pm
    So many point out the total lack of talent,check cashers we had on our defense last year,then complain because we weren’t a top defense.However,as the season progressed,players were benched,and new players brought in we did play top 10 defense the last 1/4 of the season.That should provide hope and optimism for this year.

————-

It does, but dont trash Hue. Many here have forgotten how awful this offense was before Hue arrived.

RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    I dont think you need a rocket arm to win the title but you need to be able to make all the throws in today’s NFL
    ————————
    And Flynn has made those throws.
    *********************

Most ive heard or read is short to intermediate with a just a small few of deep stuff….still they say he is doing well

• lefty12

Kenny Stabler,Len Dawson,and Bart Starr would all be considered noodle arms.The thing is they were smart as hell and made quick,excellent decisions.

• rediaR

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    ————————
    And Flynn has made those throws.
    *********************

————————-
    I was including games too.

Lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    Kasa is someone to keep an eye on.With him and Ausberry TE could turn out to be a real strength.
    ***************

Exactly Lefty…..Kasa/Aus double TE formation can really open up some one on one opportunities for our WRs as play action will be a son of a gun…because I feel DMAC will have a very strong year

• eastoaklandraider

Your pissed about the Dline B, granted its unproven but I just have a feeling these guys are gonna step up. Remember when we had Rod Coleman and Grady Jackson? both of those guys were nobody’s but they ended up being a pretty good tandem.

• PlunkforHOF

What’s up Raider fans and others?

Just back from a couple of gorgeous days at Lake Tahoe. 8 days til our first preseason game! WTF is gonna happen?

RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    ————————
    And Flynn has made those throws.
    *********************

————————-
    I was including games too.
    ********************************

In those two starts you saw enuff of deep stuff?

PlunkHOF<—–in the house

• PlunkforHOF

What up B@uce, old friend?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:22 pm
    I think Auz will be the starter at TE, he may not be the best blocker but DA said he has improved in that area, as far as everything else goes he’s got the other TE’s beat.
    ******************************
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    Glad to see an Al Davis pick potentially blossom…..curious to see us with him and one ofthe other tight ends in double TE form(Kasa?)….think we can really exploit some matchups
    ==================================================

Apparantly, according to DA anyway and Aus himself, the mental transition from WR to TE was holding him back. And blocking.

• lefty12

Where did I bash Hue Jackson in my comment.He is gone it is time to move on.The owner and new GM got rid of him.We fans didn’t have any say.

• SnBG

we disagree

1. flynn is nimble but no threat on the edge, also throwing on the move requires arm strenght he doesnt have roll outs will not be his forte

2. there is no myth, he doesnt drive the ball into deep seams or out side the hashes, he is a touch passer that relies on timing. If the deep pass is his first read and its there he can time it up. If the deep pass is not the primary read he doesnt have the goods to get the ball down field

3. i dont buy that he is more accurate either, he wasnt in college, and lets see how he does with out the benefit of being in the same offense for 5 plus years and new team mates

his strength is getting the ball out fast, that is all he has
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I wouldn’t call Peyton or Brady or Breese threats on the edge either and from what I’ve seen he has driven the ball deep enough on the hashes outside the hashes and every where he needed to go with it. Yes he does rely on timing but what QB doesn’t. What’s most important is his smarts and accuracy. I don’t buy that he can’y get the ball down the field when he has to. He may not have the arm Palmer had but teams don’t go down the field on every play. You must be able to change up and get it to you’re hots and TE’s and make those intermediate throws as well. Sure Pryor has a good arm and is an incredible athlete but he has yet to show that he can be complete as a QB. Maybe he will and that’s what will win him the job. Until then, Flynn is the 1.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    ****************************

Grady and Rod were apart of a dline unit that smacked QBs alot tho and we were at a good time then

I just dont dig Houston at LDE…prefer him at UT….Walker is gonna start at UT but I see a backup who can help but he not every down to me….Sims fat ass is a backup and cant even get on field…Christo and McGee are very young…..I’m on record wanting Bass to start….have no interest watching Jason Hunter net 3-4 sacks total….and Andre Carter is rotational at this point

• eastoaklandraider

lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm

————-

I thought Rivera was the one everyone was excited about?

• rediaR

Fun fact #3: Mistic is only bashing Flynn because Pryor is on the team and he is biased beyond reason.

PlunkforHOF Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:38 pm
    What up B@uce, old friend?
    *********************

Chillin my friend….just chillin….waiting to see what our guys look like

• DutchRaider77

1256.Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    Lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    ***************

_________________________________________________

You see anything with Riveria?

Reported he was working out of the backfield (H-Back)?

• SnBG

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    ========================
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Kasa is a work in progress, it will be Rivera and Aus in 2 TE sets until Kasa becomes more of a catching TE.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:40 pm
    lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm

————-

I thought Rivera was the one everyone was excited about?
    *****************************

H back type/WR mold I believe….unless he balls out in august dont see alot of time for him…or injury occurs

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

If SeyBush is to be believed, and I know some of you won’t, I asked him about Flynn not being able to throw outside of the hashes when Sey was at TC.
    He said nonsense, he was looking to see about that as well and said Flynn hit the deep sideline routes very well.
    Just gotta wait and see for ourselves how these guys are playing in pre season games.

• rediaR

That Houston at DT has long passed along with his DT weight.

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:41 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    ========================
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    *************

No way man….gotta have a blocker for double TE sets…rivera cant block me and ausberry isnt even avg yet

• DutchRaider77

Gordon problem is he doesn’t have consistent hands?

Blocks well? Fast for a TE?

RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    That Houston at DT has long passed along with his DT weight.
    **********************

I want fierce pressure from edges when we arent blitzing

• Raiderfusion

Sorry guys, but I just watched play back of the Packers win in 2011 and his arm is plenty strong enough, and he puts the ball in places that only our receiver has a chance for the ball. Gannon’s arm wasn’t any stronger than Flynn’s. His should be sufficient enough to get the job done. I loved Stabler, but he didn’t have Bradshaw’s arm strength. While I’m saying this, I’d love to see Pryor win the position, because he gives our offense another dimension. If I had to go by the Week 17 game I say pryor doesn’t have it. Not only that, but it’s almost impossible to change a guys mechanics once in the league. He’s a great kid and a hard worker, and I’ll always wish him the best. But as of right nw I’m afraid I give the nod to Flynn.

• rediaR

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:42 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:40 pm
    lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm

————-

I thought Rivera was the one everyone was excited about?
    *****************************

—————————–
    He’s Reece 2.0 for when Marcel leaves for the Seahawks next season.

• PlunkforHOF

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:41 pm
    PlunkforHOF Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:38 pm
    What up B@uce, old friend?
    *********************

Chillin my friend….just chillin….waiting to see what our guys look like

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Exactly.. I can’t remember being more interested in a preseason. There are so many positions to shake out, not just QB.. May the best Raider win!

CODE BLACK 2013

• eastoaklandraider

lefty12 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:39 pm

—————

I really didnt mean you, but you did have a few unflattering words for Hue mostly about the penalty problem and the 1-4 down the stretch thing. Well DA was 1-10 down the stretch without the penalty problem.

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    ****************************

My boy Glenny is very biased in that assertion….deep sideline routes? Come on lets be real here….flynn arm isnt stronger than gannon’s and rich wasnt good at deep sideline routes

• rediaR

“I never knew how to throw a football” – Pryor

• Marks hair

rivera will not be a full back next yr..lol

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Hear we go with the 34 43 NT DT DE talk and who is better suited etc….. Houston is our best option at LDE and has improved in the position. We can’t say a lot about Sims and Walker until they play. They will stuff that run right into the hands of Houston and Carter or who ever mans the RDE spot. Houston is a beast against the run and with teams not being able to run on us like last year I can see Houston’s game getting even better.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

…he is a touch passer that relies on timing…

Horrors! Who wants one of those?!

Raiderfusion Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    *****************************************

Cant go off 2011 or week 17……aug 2013 is here…..flynn does have nod as he should

• DutchRaider77

1282.rediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm
    “I never knew how to throw a football” – Pryor

____________________________________________________

Isn’t that a good thing from a Raider perspective?

That he can fix his mechanics and change his throwing motion…seems like he got the right coaches.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

flynn is one for now, he wont hold the job for the entire year,a nd may not make it out of preseason when play making begins to show up

looking good in shorts and a red jesrey didnt help him fight off r wilson last year either

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I don’t know what games people where watching here but Gannon threw plenty of deep sideline routes.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    ===================================================

Don’t shoot the messenger. Like I said, can’t wait to see all three QB’s for myself.
    By the way, Hi. How you been. No need to answer, read all your posts.

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ***********************

Who mentioned 3-4 or 4-3? Stop reaching my friend

Houston has no pass rush moves from outside

You talking of stopping run which would be fine by me…but Sims isnt good and Walker is a good backup

And pass rush is what we need….ferocious pass rush

Carter,Crawford,Houston and Hunter= dont got it like that……David Bass is our best option at RDE

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

timing and touch guys are capable, but at times you will need more than that

at some point and time your qb has to rifle the ball unless you have hof talent surrounding him and this team doesnt have that

flynn = solid back up spot duty stop gap starter

nothing more

LOL purvert

• Marks hair

a lot of people who think they know how to throw a ball would find out that they have a lot of mechanical problems if they worked with house… thank God prior went to get his own coaches because we have completely failed him for the beginning of his career

• eastoaklandraider

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    That Houston at DT has long passed along with his DT weight.
    **********************

I want fierce pressure from edges when we arent blitzing

————-

I want Houston at DT as well but for one reason or another they keep forcing him to play DE, he didnt play there in college and he made his mark as an DT thats why he was drafted so high. just another suspect move by DA and co.

If you are a Pryor fan and you really want him to start then you want Flynn as the number 1 as of a august 1st…..you want Pryor to keep working from behind and never settling…I think this QB comp will bring best out of team…Raiders havent had a true competition at QB since Kiffin’s first season

• SnBG

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:48 pm
    Raiderfusion Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    *****************************************

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    What are you talking about can’t go by previous games. What else is there on Flynnie. Did he get old and crippled from 2011 to know?

• eastoaklandraider

Marks hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:52 pm

—————–

You feel me, thats my only knock against Hue he didnt do schit with Pryor it appears.

• DutchRaider77

1288.Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:48 pm

_________________________________________________

I would think that you would admit that Wilson would beat a lot of the starting QBs in the league out of their job?
    Vikings, Bengels, Jaguars, Cleveland, Chiefs, Rams, Miami, Jets, Buffalo, Titans…probabley more.

• Marks hair

what quarterback competition are you talking about?…

there’s no quarterback competition in Oakland..