Raiders sign DT Myles Wade

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 at 11:36 am in Oakland Raiders.

With depth issues on the interior of the defensive line, the Raiders signed defensive tackle Myles Wade, according to a tweet from the agency that represents him.

Symmetry said on @symmetry reps: “Congratulations to DT client Myles Wade, who moments ago signed on with the Oakland Raiders . . . Best of luck to Myles.’’

UPDATE: The Raiders have confirmed the addition of Wade.
Oakland has been without projected starting tackle Pat Sims since the start of training camp with an undisclosed injury. During Tuesday’s practice, both Vance Walker and rookie Stacy McGee left with injuries. Walker is also projected to start.

Brandon Bair, who can play both end and tackle, has also been a spectator during the last two practices, as has nose tackle Johnny Jones.

If none of those players are able to return to practice Thursday after a player’s day off, that leaves the Raiders with second-year man Christo Bilukidi and undrafted rookie free agent Kurt Taufa’asau.

Wade, 6-foot-1 and 300 pounds out of Portland State, spent time with the Seattle Seahawks last season but did not see game action and has also been in camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    That Houston at DT has long passed along with his DT weight.
    **********************

I want fierce pressure from edges when we arent blitzing

————-

I want Houston at DT as well but for one reason or another they keep forcing him to play DE, he didnt play there in college and he made his mark as an DT thats why he was drafted so high. just another suspect move by DA and co.
    ************************

Truly believe Houston will get snaps at DT when its obvious passing downs

Carter/Bass
    Walker
    Houston
    Moore

That can generate pressure out the nickel package

• lefty12

Bass’s size is a huge concern.Jerry Mac mentioned yesterday how on successive plays he was buried by OLinemen.Hopefully he can add some weight(muscle) without losing any quickness.

Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    what quarterback competition are you talking about?…

there’s no quarterback competition in Oakland..
    **************************

OK

• DutchRaider77

_______________________________________________

Fastest 40 in the draft for DTs that year…

• beechraider

August 9th it all begins..

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You feel me, thats my only knock against Hue he didnt do schit with Pryor it appears.
    ————————-
    Pryor was suspended the first 4 games of that season.

• 8RaiderReign8

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    If you are a Pryor fan and you really want him to start then you want Flynn as the number 1 as of a august 1st…..you want Pryor to keep working from behind and never settling…I think this QB comp will bring best out of team…Raiders havent had a true competition at QB since Kiffin’s first season
    _________________________

I’ll say it again.

If the o-line is shaky Pryor will be the better fit. Can’t wait for the first preseason game.

• SnBG

Who mentioned 3-4 or 4-3? Stop reaching my friend

Houston has no pass rush moves from outside

You talking of stopping run which would be fine by me…but Sims isnt good and Walker is a good backup

And pass rush is what we need….ferocious pass rush

Carter,Crawford,Houston and Hunter= dont got it like that……David Bass is our best option at RDE
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Point is you’re trying to put someone in a box. Like it’s a crime to change a guys position. You really can’t say what Houston will do. You’re also talking out of the side of you’re mouth about Sims and Walker. You don’t know how they will be In starting positions.

Yeah but also in one article they talked about how he did better vs run after getting pummeled

One article says he is 6-4 254 but then others say 6-5 265 lol…..who knows but how big do you need to be to play RDE? Usually thats smallest guy on dline

• eastoaklandraider

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    I just dont dig Houston at LDE…prefer him at UT….Walker is gonna start at UT but I see a backup who can help but he not every down to me….Sims fat ass is a backup and cant even get on field…Christo and McGee are very young…..I’m on record wanting Bass to start….have no interest watching Jason Hunter net 3-4 sacks total….and Andre Carter is rotational at this point
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Hear we go with the 34 43 NT DT DE talk and who is better suited etc….. Houston is our best option at LDE and has improved in the position. We can’t say a lot about Sims and Walker until they play. They will stuff that run right into the hands of Houston and Carter or who ever mans the RDE spot. Houston is a beast against the run and with teams not being able to run on us like last year I can see Houston’s game getting even better.

—————–

We know Houston can play the run thats not the problem, can he rush the passer like a 43 DE is counted on to do? The answer is no and he never will because he is a DT.

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    _________________________

I’ll say it again.

*****************************

Sup wit it bruh?

If we are shaky then I agree…but for some reason I dont think we shall be shaky there…might be kinda good with Sparano

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

—————–

*************************8

I mean if Lamarr can get 7-8 sacks then well you and I will be wrong…..in 3 years he is averaging 3 sacks….yikes

KoolKell Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    ————————-
    Pryor was suspended the first 4 games of that season.
    *************************************

Hue is gone….I’m over it….wanted him fired midseason 2011 to be honest

• eastoaklandraider

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    RediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    That Houston at DT has long passed along with his DT weight.
    **********************

I want fierce pressure from edges when we arent blitzing

————-

************************

Truly believe Houston will get snaps at DT when its obvious passing downs

Carter/Bass
    Walker
    Houston
    Moore

That can generate pressure out the nickel package

—————

I hope DA and Tarver can get this through their head.

• JLofty

I classify myself as a Silver n Black member of the one true NATION!!! RAIDER NATION!!

• DutchRaider77

________________________________________________

I was hoping there was some kind of plan?
    Kinda like when Burgess was playing the other side?
    I kinda like the idea of Houston beating on the teams LT all game…

• Marks hair

the passrush is weak… we’re gonna have to deal with it…

there is no qb competition.. wish there was but, no.. when Flynn and prior start splitting the first team reps then you might consider it a competition.

• 8RaiderReign8

Sup wit it bruh?

________________________

Chillin Man,

Its just that the LG and RT/G spots have me worried. I wish Watson was healthy and Barnes wasn’t the starter for the first preseason game.

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Like I said before, you don’t know until we start the games. This is a better line than we had last year and Houston will be able to play without thinking as much as he did in the past. I don’t know if he will be a great rusher, we’ll see but I think he’s going to do fine. He’s also versatile enough to play other positions on the line also.

• eastoaklandraider

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

—————–

*************************8

——————

Need 10 or more from a DE, I will tak 7-8 from a DT tho.

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    Who mentioned 3-4 or 4-3? Stop reaching my friend

Houston has no pass rush moves from outside

And pass rush is what we need….ferocious pass rush

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    **********************************

Talking out side of my mouth about Sims and Walker? You not making any sense because I’ve maintained this same stance on them forever and I’m going straight direct on what I feel my friend. Sims and Walker are career backups and I dont think they are all that good to be starters…Walker as a backup yes…Sims fat ass cant even get on field. Yes I can say what Houston will do….judging by watching every game and going to every one of them in Oakland I dont see the pass rush moves to be an elite player at LDE….3 sacks a year is not cutting it

• lefty12

Besides Houston,i don’t believe any of our Dlinemen can be called true starters because I believe they will be rotating so much.Guys that start probably won’t get many more plays than guys off the bench.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

—————–

*************************8

——————

Need 10 or more from a DE, I will tak 7-8 from a DT tho.
    ************************8

woooooooo 10? You would be a tough GM or coach

• DutchRaider77

Next year’s draft all D-Line?

• 8RaiderReign8

As far as pass rush goes we need a Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney type player.

Anything else and we are just lying to ourselves

• lefty12

The plan is for the young guys we’ve drafted the last 2 years to get more playing time as time goes on,IMO.

• 8RaiderReign8

DutchRaider77 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    Next year’s draft all D-Line?
    ______________________________________

That should have been this year’s draft!!!!

I was crying for a DLine in April.

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    Sup wit it bruh?

________________________

Chillin Man,

*******************

I can dig it…..Bergstrom was drafted to be ZBS guy and Brisiel was signed to be one as well…makes you hope Gurode can man down the C slot and Wiz 2.0 goes back to LG….but still concerned about RG….unless you wanna roll the dice with Brisiel again or make Gurode be RG and Bergs LG

Barnes can go to hell….Watson needs to get on field

• eastoaklandraider

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

—————

What do you mean, we have seen him play DE for his entire young career and it hasnt worked out as far as a pass rush goes.

• hwnrdr

Dam, you know its close to football season when you have B, 8RaiderReign8, and Plunk in here at the same time!

• Raiderfusion

All those of you still in love with Hue: His offense tailed off at the end of the year in 2010 and 2011, so please don’t call a savior and let’s not salivate over consecutive 8-8 years. The team is being built the right, in all phases. Be Open Minded.

• lefty12

Gotta go.Been nice talking about some of the rest of the team besides JUST the QB.

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:12 pm
    DutchRaider77 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    Next year’s draft all D-Line?
    ______________________________________

That should have been this year’s draft!!!!

I was crying for a DLine in April.
    *************************

Yeah sad thing is…we coulda got my two guys…Star and Damontre….but things happen for reason so lets back Hayden and the others

• DutchRaider77

1325.8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:10 pm
    As far as pass rush goes we need a Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney type player.

Anything else and we are just lying to ourselves

__________________________________________________

Uggh…doesn’t look like Buffalo is getting what they paid for with M. Williams. Not a great year and now he is injured (foot). Sorry, it was on NFL network this morning.

Wonder what bcz24 has heard…

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DutchRaider77 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:54 pm

1288.Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:48 pm
    flynn is one for now, he wont hold the job for the entire year,a nd may not make it out of preseason when play making begins to show up

looking good in shorts and a red jesrey didnt help him fight off r wilson last year either

_________________________________________________

I would think that you would admit that Wilson would beat a lot of the starting QBs in the league out of their job?
    Vikings, Bengels, Jaguars, Cleveland, Chiefs, Rams, Miami, Jets, Buffalo, Titans…probabley more.
    ================

dont forget i was the only one here while wilson was in college syaing he would be a star at the this level

however the situation flynn is in now is much the same as in seattle

new team new team mates new offense

an absolute super human bionic qb waiting to take his job

when preseason starts and qbs can be hit you will see why being “the most consistent” shouldnt be enough to keep the job

especially when you have a one of a kind play maker wating in the wings

easy to stay on schedule in red jerseys and shorts, not when the live rounds are flying

flynn looks better in practice (allegedly)

pryor will look waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better in games than flynn

cool Leftster….take care

• 8RaiderReign8

Barnes can go to hell….Watson needs to get on field
    _______________________________

Hhahahahhahahahahahaha!

When are just gonna slip Barnes some PEDs and get him suspended?

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    How do you know Houston won’t get more than 3 sacks? Sims and Walker are upgrades from Kelly and Seymour and are plenty good at stopping the run and being disruptive. How many teams have superstar Dlineman across the board? They have guys that can fill roles. Walker and Sims will be that. The pass rush will come from different areas. I’m tired of teams running down our throats. These guys will stop that.

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:10 pm
    As far as pass rush goes we need a Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney type player.

Anything else and we are just lying to ourselves
    *********************

Agree

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    Barnes can go to hell….Watson needs to get on field
    _______________________________

Hhahahahhahahahahahaha!

When are just gonna slip Barnes some PEDs and get him suspended?
    ***********************

He goes to Everett and Jones in Berkeley alot Ive heard….catch him slippin put some Arod juice in his cup

• 8RaiderReign8

Hwnrdr Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    _______________________________

LOL

I’m always reading, but I can’t deal with the offseason bull.

Know what I mean :/

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

peace

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Peter King: David Ausberry “Most Impressive Unknown Player” as MMQB Visited Raiders Camp
    Jul 29th, 2013 at 6:26 pm by Chase Ruttig

at just blog baby. WordPress won’t post the link.

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL 1h
    #Raiders practice starts at 2:50 p.m. PDT. @Jerrymcd has you covered today from his bird’s-eye view in Napa.

• 8RaiderReign8

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

—————–

*************************8

——————

Need 10 or more from a DE, I will tak 7-8 from a DT tho.
    ************************8

woooooooo 10? You would be a tough GM or coach

————-

If I was a GM that would be my most coveted position behind QB, you have to be able to pressure the passer and protect the passer if you do thiose 2 things you will be all good everything else will fall in place.

***

thanks Purv!

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    *********************

Umm all due respect my friend…you and I are upgrades over Seymour and Kelly

I dont like this idea of pass rushing coming from everywhere….need dline especially DEs to be that or you will be fked

• R8ER MIKE

HAPPY 420 NATION !!
    and my GreenParty brothers !!

Peace to you too Mistic……have inner peace my friend and stop talking race stuff….no reason for raidernation to be divided