Raiders sign DT Myles Wade

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 at 11:36 am in Oakland Raiders.

With depth issues on the interior of the defensive line, the Raiders signed defensive tackle Myles Wade, according to a tweet from the agency that represents him.

Symmetry said on @symmetry reps: “Congratulations to DT client Myles Wade, who moments ago signed on with the Oakland Raiders . . . Best of luck to Myles.’’

UPDATE: The Raiders have confirmed the addition of Wade.
Oakland has been without projected starting tackle Pat Sims since the start of training camp with an undisclosed injury. During Tuesday’s practice, both Vance Walker and rookie Stacy McGee left with injuries. Walker is also projected to start.

Brandon Bair, who can play both end and tackle, has also been a spectator during the last two practices, as has nose tackle Johnny Jones.

If none of those players are able to return to practice Thursday after a player’s day off, that leaves the Raiders with second-year man Christo Bilukidi and undrafted rookie free agent Kurt Taufa’asau.

Wade, 6-foot-1 and 300 pounds out of Portland State, spent time with the Seattle Seahawks last season but did not see game action and has also been in camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Imagine the brawl by the table spread with Peter King and Jerry McDonald…..then Wreck it Reggie walks in with the big bottom lip lisping away that he runs this food….who runs this food we run this food!

• nycraider

SnBG Says
    Sims and Walker are upgrades from Kelly and Seymour and are plenty good at stopping the run and being disruptive.
    ___________________________________
    yet RM gave Seymour a new contract..hmmm

• hwnrdr

1341.8RaiderReign8 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    Hwnrdr Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    Dam, you know its close to football season when you have B, 8RaiderReign8, and Plunk in here at the same time!
    _______________________________

LOL

I’m always reading, but I can’t deal with the offseason bull.

Know what I mean :/

I hear ya!

• eastoaklandraider

Raiderfusion Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    All those of you still in love with Hue: His offense tailed off at the end of the year in 2010 and 2011, so please don’t call a savior and let’s not salivate over consecutive 8-8 years. The team is being built the right, in all phases. Be Open Minded.

————–

Gruden had 2 8-8 years too ya know, difference is he got to keep building his team Hue wasnt afforded that luxury. Hue along with RM would have this team sitting pretty going into 2014 with all the cap space and picks.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    I just dont dig Houston at LDE…prefer him at UT….Walker is gonna start at UT but I see a backup who can help but he not every down to me….Sims fat ass is a backup and cant even get on field…Christo and McGee are very young…..I’m on record wanting Bass to start….have no interest watching Jason Hunter net 3-4 sacks total….and Andre Carter is rotational at this point
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Hear we go with the 34 43 NT DT DE talk and who is better suited etc….. Houston is our best option at LDE and has improved in the position. We can’t say a lot about Sims and Walker until they play. They will stuff that run right into the hands of Houston and Carter or who ever mans the RDE spot. Houston is a beast against the run and with teams not being able to run on us like last year I can see Houston’s game getting even better.

—————–

We know Houston can play the run thats not the problem, can he rush the passer like a 43 DE is counted on to do? The answer is no and he never will because he is a DT.
    *************************8

I mean if Lamarr can get 7-8 sacks then well you and I will be wrong…..in 3 years he is averaging 3 sacks….yikes

——————

Need 10 or more from a DE, I will tak 7-8 from a DT tho.
    ************************8

woooooooo 10? You would be a tough GM or coach

————-

If I was a GM that would be my most coveted position behind QB, you have to be able to pressure the passer and protect the passer if you do thiose 2 things you will be all good everything else will fall in place.
    *****************

Can dig it

• RAIDERMAN99

If Mike Vick says ‘Riley is my friend, he apologized, said he’s sorry, and I believe him’ – that’s good enough for me.

The other Eagles or people that don’t want to forgive Cooper – that’s their right.

I’m not black, so maybe I’ve got no place saying this, but I think this country has gone batschit crazy over the use of the N word.

Honkey, Spic, Wetback, Kike, Gook, Dot head – are all considered inflammatory racial epithets, but nothing approaches the maelstrom likely to result from dropping the N bomb.

People are race conscious. Doubt that’s ever going to change.

I’d advise not losing your fkng mind over the use of a racial epithet or jumping to the conclusion that anyone that does so is a vile racist.

People say stuff in the heat of the moment, or in anger, that doesn’t always accurately reflect what’s in their hearts or souls.

Sometimes it is an accurate reflection.

As long as someone apologizes for it, makes every effort not to do it again – that’s the end of it as far as I’m concerned.

I’m not going to be vindictive about it. I’m not even going to bother to try to change anyone’s mind about ‘race’.

Life is too short, and I’ve got Tits bashing to do.

FTY

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Raiderfusion Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:13 pm

————–

****************************

Possibly….but now that we are in 2013….what can we do now to sit pretty going forward?

• DutchRaider77

1354.eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Raiderfusion Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:13 pm

————–

_____________________________________________

Seems like he wasn’t making nice in the sand box might be the big reason….Bad rep?

@RM99

what if it was Dennis Allen dropping the N word, instead of Riley Cooper?

feel the same way??

Who cares about Riley Cooper….he still gotta meet me in North edzone section warming up before game in november…..so sad how im gonna roast him and it will have nada to do with the N bomb

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm

=================

please

vick has no choice if he wants to be the qb on this team he cant be seen as someone that is upset over it, or be seen as a person making it an issue in the locker room

he wants the job he is doing what he needs to get it, this includes ripping his own brother

further illustrates the absolute powerless condition people classified as black are in even mega star athletes

• R8ER MIKE

?? Brian !! welcome back brother !!
    ??where the he11 and how you been sir ??

• DJ Johnny

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm

People are race conscious. Doubt that’s ever going to change.

Sometimes it is an accurate reflection.

Life is too short, and I’ve got Tits bashing to do.

FTY

What baffles me is how Cooper could be so stupid and say something that has the potential to wreck his career. It’s not right to use the word in the first place but any idiot should know how inflammatory the word is and how it is perceived…no matter what the context.

Between H

• DJ Johnny

Between Hernandez and now this guy…Florida really cranks out the winners down in Gainesville.

Riley Cooper is a distraction…the NFL is about to screw football for life….see this crap with the Pro bowl?

• eastoaklandraider

Riley Cooper is just another undercover racist(the worst kind) just like some on this blog, only thing he is sorry about is getting caught, but he’s made his bed. The truth always comes to the light sooner or later.

• bcz24

*********
    True, BUT, Lamarr is top 5 at his position in the NFL at generating QB pressure. It is hard to get sacks when you can’t cover short crossing routes.

R8ER MIKE Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    ?? Brian !! welcome back brother !!
    ??where the he11 and how you been sir ??
    ****************************

Mike! Still redneckonizing? I’ve been great…just came back from Vegas….plan to hit it again the weekend we play Texans….see if my betting acumen can be on point

just enjoying my A’s and also eager to get this NFL season crackin! Only one more month

• inonewordraider

pro bowl is a joke

not worth playing hard when you risk your livelihood, can’t blame the players

you can have midgets, monkeys riding bicycles, and girls in lingerie,

know one’s watching

Bcz24 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    *********
    ***********************************

Well its year 4….I need to see him be total bad ass…..its alot to ask but at LDE I wanna see his inner Deacon Jones come out

• bcz24

***************
    I can’t wait until next Friday… I really want to see what we put out there.

• inonewordraider

better believe there’s gna be a bounty on coopers head

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

I’ll drink to this. Like I needed an excuse.

Fifty-three years ago on this day (7/31/1960) the Oakland Raiders played their first-ever game; a preseason exhibition against the Dallas Texans at Kezar Stadium on a chilly mid-summer afternoon.

The Raiders lost 20-13 to the team we now know as the Kansas City Chiefs, but the Raiders – a three-touchdown underdog – fared better than most expected.

As the last team to join the AFL in 1960, the Raiders weren’t afforded the same initial roster-building opportunities that the rest of the AFL’s seven franchises had.

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    ******************

Dont forget Urban Meyer the quitter or the Pouncey twins wanting to free that Murdering clown

• bcz24

********
    He’s playing RDE this year isn’t he?

• eastoaklandraider

Godell is single handedly bringing the game down I could give a schit about the pro bowl, schit is boring anyway but all these damn rule changes I mean got dam thses guys know what their signing up for and now its filtering down to the college game, the play clowney made now warrants an ejection? c’mon man fck this schit aint flag football. thats why they make millions because of the risk of the game.

• DutchRaider77

1369.inonewordraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    pro bowl is a joke

not worth playing hard when you risk your livelihood, can’t blame the players

you can have midgets, monkeys riding bicycles, and girls in lingerie,

know one’s watching
    ___________________________

True, I would love to see a game played by a bunch of scrubs…maybe coached up by the Pro Bowl players…a week of reality TV with the best in the business coaching up guys to compete in one game?

They still would get their trip to Hawaii and all the fanfare…

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    I’ll drink to this. Like I needed an excuse.

***************************

A guy by the name of Tony Teresa was our best player then…my grandpa would go to Kezar from day 1…..just could not be anything other than a Raider

• theghostronin79

bcz24 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    ********
    He’s playing RDE this year isn’t he?

=========

OTA reports had him moving all around the line.

Majority of the time though, had Houston at Left, and Carter at Right.

Just what I read.

Bcz24 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    ********
    He’s playing RDE this year isn’t he?
    *********************8

God no…would be biggest mistake ever since OJ goin into that hotel room…..oops my bad

Theghostronin79 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    bcz24 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    ********
    He’s playing RDE this year isn’t he?

=========

OTA reports had him moving all around the line.

Majority of the time though, had Houston at Left, and Carter at Right.

Just what I read.
    ******************

Houston vs ryan Clady? LOL

• eastoaklandraider

inonewordraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    better believe there’s gna be a bounty on coopers head

—————-

Marcus Vick has already offered 1000$ to any safety that takes his head off.

• R8ER MIKE

Mike! Still redneckonizing?
    ***************************
    100% correct sir !!

Marcus Vick has already offered 1000$ to any safety that takes his head off

***

@East Oak

where did Marcus get that kinda money?

doesn’t he work at the gas station?

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    inonewordraider Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    better believe there’s gna be a bounty on coopers head

—————-

Marcus Vick has already offered 1000$ to any safety that takes his head off.
    *******************

And what is that gonna really do?

• The Big Banana

Not a fan of some of the rule changes myself, but just to play devils advocate for a second here…consider what happens if nothing is done and guys keep dropping like flies. Soon football is demonized and kids are discouraged from watching, parents more hesitant to let their kids play, more lawsuits from former players, etc

That said…we also have to ask what is football? Make all these changes and is it even the same sport anymore?

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:46 pm
    Marcus Vick has already offered 1000$ to any safety that takes his head off

***

@East Oak

where did Marcus get that kinda money?

doesn’t he work at the gas station?
    *********************

Gas station= Mike Vick

anyhow….good talking football and a lil baseball with u guys….gotta run….but yall keep ya heads up and hey maybe we shock the world

CODE BLACK 2013

• theghostronin79

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 16m
    What we learned in #Raiders first week of training camp http://sbn.to/143fFRT

============

Sippy Sip

• eastoaklandraider

The Big Banana Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 1:47 pm

—————

If your scared go to church, or play baseball or golf or sme schit like that, Football aint going nowhere cuz america loves sex and violence.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RAIDERMAN99 Says:

Honkey, Spic, Wetback, Kike, Gook, Dot head – are all considered inflammatory racial epithets, but nothing approaches the maelstrom likely to result from dropping the N bomb….

DJ Johnny Says:
    …It’s not right to use the word in the first place but any idiot should know how inflammatory the word is…
    ====================================================

Wonder if Lenny Bruce had the right idea. Have everybody say it over and over and over ’till it loses its shock value and strips it of the power to offend.
    Making it super taboo only empowers it.

• RAIDERMAN99

DutchRaider77 Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 9:41 am

Somthing that really annoys me is the critism that D.A. takes for not asserting his HC authority and overruling Knapp that Pryor wasn’t ready to assume the starting role. (Of course Knapp was wrong)

But it isn’t like Knapp wasn’t considered a good evaluator of QB talent. People were gushing over him two years ago about his development of Schaub and Yates.

Also, where is Knapp now? The QB coach of Denver! Well I guess Elway and Fox are complete idiots to see that Knapp isn’t a very poor QB coach.
    ===============================================
    Dutch, you make some valid points here, but it still rings hollow as a defense for Tits.

Fact is, Krapp wasn’t the RAID QB coach. He was the OC.

It was Krapp’s job to put together an offense that maximized the talent on the roster.

Somwhere along the line Tits made the determination that Krapp wasn’t doing that.

That’s why Krapp is gone and we’re going in a different diection.

Heck, I’m a huge TP fan, but I won’t second guess the decision not to start him.

What I will second guess, and hold against Tits, is not even ACTIVATING TP for virtually the entire season.

Couldn’t order Krapp to put together some packages for TP, like Harbaugh did for CK ?

Couldn’t give TP some sets of downs in any of the BLOW OUT losses ?

Sure, Tits eventually realized Krapp had taken the offense into the dumpster – but why’d it take so long ?

His post season mantra became ‘putting players in a position to succeed’, ‘playing to the roster’s strength’.

Where were these ‘coaching 101′ insights DURING the season ?

You bet he should have overruled Krapp.

That’s why he’s called the HEAD COACH and the buck stops with him.

Tits was abysmal in 2012.

• mcthompso

RM99:
    Life is too short, and I’ve got Tits bashing to do.

——-

Normally I think calling DA Tits is annoying, childish, and unnecessary, and I really don’t understand all the venom so quickly…but THIS statement was well worth all of it. Hilarious, to the point. Flawless deadpan.

• DutchRaider77

According to Dennis Allen, Ausberry’s issues stem from the mental side of things and his blocking.

_____________________________________________

Kinda makes sense doesn’t it? Ausberry probabley had no clue what to do in the ZBS with the bad coaching. If Savage and Briesel had a hard time getting it down, (vet ZBS guys) then what is Ausberry going to do?

Wonder if he is doing better in the Power scheme?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Telling people to stop being prejudice is like telling teenagers to stop having sex….its great in theory but reality is probably not gonna happen.

You cant change the worlds view on something like that in a sports blog anymore than you can solve world hunger sitting here complaining about it.

Camp is about to start!!

LETS GET FIRED UP about some FOOTBALL!!

• DutchRaider77

@RAIDERMAN99

True…Part of me wants to drink the Kool-Aid and hope we are on the right track with D.A.as the head coach and Reggie as the GM.

I hope they got hood-winked this one time…thinking they were getting Kubiak’s offense.

• troll hunter

Come on nation join me in becoming a member off the Flynntastic O….

• theghostronin79

Auz is just one of those dudes that is at his best with the Rock in his hands….

Git him a 2 yard dump, and he can turn it into a 1st. He’s got moves and he’s a HOSS to bring down.

Now that I think about it, I don’t recall him ever being tackled.

He had like 2 receptions….Broke probably 4 tackles combined, and both times was bumped outta bounds.