Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:25 pm
    Brien–does Barnes start? Yes or no?
    *********************

No….we have four OL….still searching for a RT

• Just Fire Baby

Barnes is your week 1 starter, without a shadow of doubt unless he gets hurt.

Nobody on the roster is even close to him.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says:

Matt Flynn’s yards per passing attempt and yards per completion is higher than Carson Palmer’s.

Flynn’s career numbers are better than any years of Carson’s but two.

He is not a check down guy. If anything he is a tad reckless throwing it down the field (hence the high turnover ratio).
    ====================================================

Lechler’s career QB rating is 124 and he’s never thrown a pick! Marcus Allen 106.
    Seriously, Pryor and Flynn have statistically meaningless regular season playing time.

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:23 pm
    wasn’t the scheme. It’s the fact he’s not the same

——————

scheme stopped him last year pal
    ************************

LOL yeah no direct correlation with ZBS scheme and Power scheme for DMAC….smh some ppl

• DJ Johnny

I was “rooting” for Pryor to emerge as the man at QB for us but I’ve accepted the fact we are looking at Flynn as the starter and that may not be such a bad thing.

When has he EVER performed badly? He has been impressive in everything he’s done. His time at LSU (National Championship)and his first NFL start he comes just short of beating New England on the road and finishes with an over 100 passer rating.

Then in his other start he has one of (if not THE) best QB performances ever for a franchise that has been around since 1926.

Where is the bad performance anyone can point to with this guy in his entire career? Yes a short NFL career but there is nothing bad to point to and say “look..this guy sucks”..not one that I can think of.

You certainly can’t say “well he was in a sucky conference in college”. The only knock seems to be he got beat out by a rookie…a rookie who proved to be exceptional. Russell Wilson is no schlep.

Reggie knows this guy well from GB and he chose to bring him here.

That’s worth something too.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    Barnes is your week 1 starter, without a shadow of doubt unless he gets hurt.

Nobody on the roster is even close to him.
    ****************************

Means we have no one….Barnes is terrible….practice player lol….real life game you telling me thats a starter?

• Just Fire Baby

We switched to some power scheme last year, according to our owner, HC, O-lineman and RB’s.

Didn’t change McFadden’s ineffectiveness.

• Just Fire Baby

Barnes has been a starting Tackle for 3 different top 5 rushing teams.

One of the best run blockers at RT the last 10 years.

• M.Shorter

Jus Flynn Baby.

• the famous dr robert

This is why I make fun of u.

I asked u several times to clarify.

U said they WEREN’T STARTERS.

In fact, ur opinion is that they aren’t good enuff to start. But they and will.

U SAID that the team would NOT go into the season with Barnes, sims, or walker as starters.

Ur OPINION about Houston is not the point.

U said u had inside info from ur personal talk with Houston that he was moving to DT this season. U said I was crazy for thinking he was a DE.

He IS a DE. Always has been.

I’m RIGHT. Ur WRONG. It’s really just that simple.

U think cuz a few loudmouth know-nothings run their mouths on a blog means anything to me?

I have friends. I don’t need the blog for that.

U still can’t support anything with facts. Facts are ur enemy. Facts support Palmer and Flynn. U wanna say flynn’s stats are meaningless and Palmer is a spoiled rich kid.

U act like a girl. U like people or dislike people based on ur opinions and try to act knowledgable.

Ur a buffoon.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You said I never been right? Hell Feb 1 2012 go pull that up what I said about Knapp….I was first one right on that….so please find a new angle
    ———————–
    Not true.

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Reggie knows this guy well from GB and he chose to bring him here.

That’s worth something too.
    ***********************************

I dont care about LSU or GB days……its what he is doing as having responsibility as a starter for the Raiders or at least a guy who is leading the competition…..he has not been the leader of an offense as a pro….so its nothing like being a backup

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:31 pm
    Barnes has been a starting Tackle for 3 different top 5 rushing teams.

One of the best run blockers at RT the last 10 years.
    ————————–
    He has also mastered the false start.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

What are u gonna say when DMc stinks this season? And just like last year, the other backs do well?
    ====================================================

I’d say, ‘See ya.’ But I think he’ll be fine.

• DJ Johnny

Can someone tell me what FTY means?

KoolKell Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    ———————–
    Not true.
    *********************

Please explain Kell….at least you can talk to me directly instead of the cowardly way of mentioning me today behind my back…..very noticeable of you

• rediaR

Xraided Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    RaiderRetribution Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    You do realize we argue over qbs that probably wouldn’t beat out Gabbert, Alex, Foles, Locker, Cousins, Ponder, in fact I think the only team with a worse QB situation is New York.
    ——————————
    I think Flynn would beat all of them out and I don’t doubt it for a second.

Kell tell me…was I a big Knapp supporter? Wasnt I pissed about Knapp immediately? Dont I out of anyone hate any 49er connection on this team? Please be truthful…we dont like each other but please be truthful

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Al Davis Bootlicking while the Franchise went down the drain

-B@auceman and ” friends”

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    Can someone tell me what FTY means?
    $$$$$$$$$$

Fire Tits Yesterday.
    What’s OMC?

• M.Shorter

rediaR Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    Xraided Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    RaiderRetribution Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    ——————————
    I think Flynn would beat all of them out and I don’t doubt it for a second.

————
    Agreed RediaR

• Scourge

Kell, ya old pootbutt, how’s it going?! ;-)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One of the few smart posters who knew Knapp was not a good fit.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

the famous dr robert Says:
    I have friends. I don’t need the blog for that.
    =======================================================

Can you say hi to them for me? Like now, maybe?

• the famous dr robert

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:31 pm
    Barnes has been a starting Tackle for 3 different top 5 rushing teams.

One of the best run blockers at RT the last 10 years.
    ********
    Yes but somehow “he’s not a starter”.

Even though he starts.

Weird huh?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

• Just Fire Baby

Flynn would beat out everyone on that list but Ponder, IMO.

Maybe Alex Smith, only becaue Smith has started like 100 games and some playoff games.

• the famous dr robert

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:37 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    I have friends. I don’t need the blog for that.
    =======================================================

Can you say hi to them for me? Like now, maybe?
    *******
    Quiet. I used to kinda like u until I found out u were my impostor.

• RaiderRetribution

Too late for Watson to beat out Barnes by season opener, Barron possibility to start.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Say something critical of Al .Davis, and that dude would flip out in 3 different handles. Get banned, and come back with 3 more handles. He’s had more than Anybody.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I just know if the Raiders had Kaepernick.. FLynn would be taking his pads back to the locker room

• mcfadden20.

New post please

• the famous dr robert

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:26 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:25 pm
    Brien–does Barnes start? Yes or no?
    *********************

No….we have four OL….still searching for a RT
    **********
    So we are gonna line up in game one with no RT?

He’s the starter. U just don’t know how to articulate what u mean.

That’s why I caught u up in ur stupidity. Spun u around and around.

Like it or not. Barnes is the starter.

I’m right obviously. Ur wrong and u can’t admit it.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

new post

• rediaR

MAYBE McFadden will be better with a little more rest. I’m more excited for our 12 week 2013 starter Latavious Murray.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

DJ Johnny Says:
    Can someone tell me what FTY means?
    ======================================================
    Was looking that up for you, but got sidetracked by this.

Can all women have a gap between their thighs? – Yahoo! Answers

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    This is why I make fun of u.

I asked u several times to clarify.

U said they WEREN’T STARTERS.

In fact, ur opinion is that they aren’t good enuff to start. But they and will.

Ur OPINION about Houston is not the point.

He IS a DE. Always has been.

I’m RIGHT. Ur WRONG. It’s really just that simple.

I have friends. I don’t need the blog for that.

Ur a buffoon.
    ************************************

Barnes is a chump…he inspires nothing….they drafted Menelik in 2nd rd for a reason they wanna phase that bum out

My opinion on Houston is on fkin point you moron….3 sacks avg for his career…no pass rush moves…no swin no spin move to go in his aresenal….doesnt have the quickness to beat RTs at all

Actually I did have personal talk with him…I asked him why he didnt move to DT and he said seniority….this is fact that you cant deny because he was definitely at my cousin’s wedding….why dont you come to Training Camp this saturday and as soon as he sees me again like last TC he will recognize me off top

Houston is not a DE at all and we are wasting our time

Please pull up post about Walker where I said he wouldnt be….I consistently said he is not a starter at all due to his skill set…he screams backup….but I said he would be a good one but Sims? He is garbage…plain ol schit

You have friends? HAHAHA joke of the year right there…you dont have friends thats why you spend your mornings, afternoons and nights on here

Facts support Palmer? How? He is a career loser and a quitter

Facts support Flynn? 2 starts does that? One in which he threw for 250 yards getting sacked five times while turning it over twice?

Actually many on here I disagree with I like so you are the one being like a girl….you make schit up all day

• RaiderRetribution

Vehldeer Gourde Wisniewski Brisiel Barnes
    Starters on the OLine

Backups:
    Barron Bergstrom Watson Nix Weitzel

• the famous dr robert

Doctor robert’s fearless predictions:

Flynn = top ten qb rating

DMc = > 4 yard average.

Rivera
    Butler

• RaidO

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 7:40 pm
    ————————

No, Kap would be getting treated like Pryor. “He’s not ready”