Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

SnBG Says:
    You’re reaching on this one Hair. You can like Palmer and also like Flynn. Palmer isn’t here anymore.
    ======================================================

Thanks. I try very hard to stay out of Palmer debates these days.

• Marks hair

rob. you said he was worth the money and that you wanted to keep him.. I’m not talking about any predictions you made you said you wanted Palmer to stay.. i argued that I wanted him and his big bloated salary to leave… i said that it would help us. now you seem to agree that shipping him out has helped us.. right?? I mean you really like Flynn and he’s cheap. that extra money went to vet players that are helping us right now… so my point is, if you’re following…
    I was right to want to trade Palmer.. you were wrong to want to keep him. get it?

Relentless Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Which numbers? Rating after 2 games? Shocking? Or maybe ints? Flynn has no stats. 28 yr old and 2 games. Wow.
    ***********
    He has enuff numbers and film to make an assessment. Given a good vast, he can fly.

He won a national championship.

Everything I have seen from his been good.

• Myopinion

Earlier I was reading how hue was so great and rm shoulfa kept him.
    I liked hue resilts for the most part,but his personality got old.quick.
    Rm couldnt of kept hue andalso tried to instill this shut up and do your job, no wanna bees attitude.
    Wasnt hue pretty much the exact opposite?

• SnBG

Man, we’ve had so many coaches and QBs. We should have opened a discount QB and coach section at Wal-Mart.

• Relentless

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:38 pm
    Relentless Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:34 pm

***********

He won a national championship.

Everything I have seen from his been good.
    —–
    Tebow won 2 and Heisman. He’s a great QB.

• PlunkforHOF

I just heard “Cowboy Nation” on NFLN

You fu(king a$$hats! There is ONLY ONE NATION.

CODE BLACK 2013

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Lincoln Kennedy makes Veldheer look normal.

• Marks hair

I like Flynn but it’s a very small sample.. I’m just glad we’re running a system he’s very good in..

• Raiderfusion

SnBG: I’d say I agree with you. Too many Negative Nabobs in here for me too. I believe they’re going to have a solid year. Now a solid year might only mean 8-8, but I’m OK with that, in fact after last year I’d be thrilled with that. Every part of the team has been up grated.

Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:37 pm
    ********
    Not true. I NEVER said he was worth the money.

I said I was conflicted. I said he was a quality nfl qb who made too much actually.

I said it would make sense to trade his salary IF WE GOT OUR FUTURE QB AND PRYOR WAS NOT THAT.

There were plenty of guys who wanted him to stay no matter what. I wasn’t one of them.

I said he was mild better than Pryor and it would only make sense to trade him for picks of we picked up our future.

Don’t u remember me leading the geno charge? (until his ridiculous display at the draft)

• SnBG

Tebow and the Donks got to the playoffs because of Allens D. Kept them in games.

• RAIDERMAN99

Think it was SeyBush that reported that Watson had a calf wrap and that’s probably the reason he’s been shelved.

It can’t be bcz he’s out of shape or overweight, right ?

I mean, Frank Middleton played for this team.

Relentless Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Tebow won 2 and Heisman. He’s a great QB.
    **********
    I didn’t only say the national championship.

It’s a body of work.

Flynn has produced and looks good on tape.

With ALL things considered, I believe he will have a top ten season.

• Relentless

Raiderfusion Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:42 pm
    —–
    Nothing but our DB’s has been upgraded. What else got upgraded?

• Relentless

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:42 pm
    —–
    Allen’s D did squat. The players were already strong in their D.

• Marks hair

I remember your Geno charge but that was after Palmer was traded.. and if going on calling a guy PalmWonderful for a month every time I bring up trading him is your way of being conflicted then hey I guess I speak Chinese and I just missed your joke…

• Relentless

Marks hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:45 pm
    —–
    Me play joke me pp in your coke?

• SnBG

Nothing but our DB’s has been upgraded. What else got upgraded?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Should I even bother answering this Q. Help me Martha, I’m coming to be with ya.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says:

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 19m
    Janikowski clanks right upright and it bounces in out of King’s hold

******************************

Janikowski missed a short kick in the preseason last year from a King hold, and he stared him down afterwards.

He might just be missing them on purpose at this stage.
    ===============================================

He’s practicing bouncing it off the upright so a Raider can catch it for a TD. What’s the rule on that? I know the other team can advance it.

• Marks hair

I think we have upgraded the special teams.. the secondary. the linebackers.. and the quarterbacks. but all that being said I still think we look like we’re a six to eight win team..
    however I have not seen us play at all, it’s still very early and they could change my opinion.

• Marks hair

haven’t heard a pp joke in a long time..

Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:45 pm
    *********
    No. I said I wanted geno BEFORE Palmer was traded.

I’m the guy who kept saying Reggie will want HIS GUY.

• Relentless

Marks hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:48 pm
    —–
    I expect Flynn to completely struggle against Dallas.

• Raiders for life

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    Lincoln Kennedy makes Veldheer look normal.

####################

Dang, he is a big dude.

• SnBG

Allen’s D did squat. The players were already strong in their D.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Oh lord, help me….In his first season as coordinator in Denver, Allen helped the Broncos improve from allowing a league-worst 29.4 points and 390.8 yards per game to ranking 20th in yards (357.8) and 24th in points (24.4) this season on the way to an AFC West title.

The Broncos increased their sack total from 23 to 41 as the Broncos were tied for the sixth-most blitzes on pass plays in the league this season, according to STATS LLC.!

Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    haven’t heard a pp joke in a long time..
    *********
    Beeech? U have a request.

• Relentless

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    haven’t heard a pp joke in a long time..
    *********
    Beeech? U have a request.
    —–
    LoL! That guy is a creep.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I don’t hear a lot of NFL people saying Flynn is all that.

• Marks hair

not a request.. a response.. relentless brought me back to the 80s with the Chinese pp joke 268..

SnBG Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:47 pm
    Nothing but our DB’s has been upgraded. What else got upgraded?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    **********
    If that’s a Fred sandford reference, I love it.

But it was Elizabeth.

• SnBG

Confusing offensive lines, Denver has installed complex blitz packages that have resulted in four sacks coming from the secondary. The increased pressure has resulted in six interceptions (23rd), just four less than the team recorded in nearly half as many games last season (30th).

Against the run, the Broncos numbers have also greatly improved. Having allowed 1,058 rushing yards, Denver’s defense ranks sixteenth out of thirty-two teams. Last season, Denver allowed 2,473 rushing yards, which ranked second to last.

The Broncos have also done a better job this season of eliminating big plays. In 2010, the Broncos allowed 22 runs of twenty or more yards (32nd) and five rushes of forty or more yards (T-31st). Through nine games this season, the Broncos have allowed eight runs of twenty or more yards (21st) and just one of forty or more yards (T-2nd).

Denver has allowed the ninth-least rushing touchdowns (5) this year, compared to the thirty-second most allowed last year (26). The team that allowed an NFL-worst 55 touchdowns in 2010 is on pace to surrender 46 this season. The difference in nine fewer touchdowns is 54 points (not including extra points).

The numbers clearly show that while the Broncos defense still leaves a lot to be desired, the unit is tremendously improved from last season. Much of the credit for Denver’s defensive turnaround should be given to Allen.

Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    *********
    Man dude. Ur so literal.

Are u the teacher from ferris bueller?

“Bueller. Bueller. Bueller.”

• Relentless

Time will only tell gents. I got me my tickets to the Raider Squealer game.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

SnBG Says:

======================================================

You’re doing all my work for me. Thanks again.

Relentless Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    haven’t heard a pp joke in a long time..
    *********
    Beeech? U have a request.
    —–
    LoL! That guy is a creep.
    ********
    I know. Tell me anyone here would let him around their kids. Yikes.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 59m Flynn fumbles snap and Allen says “can’t have it”

———————-

Sounds about Right. Flynn picking up right where Palmer left off. Pick six yesterday..and fumble snaps after nice plays

KoolKell Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    I don’t hear a lot of NFL people saying Flynn is all that.
    ********
    Wait.

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:58 pm
    Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 59m Flynn fumbles snap and Allen says “can’t have it”

———————-

********
    Guess u missed all the other tweets about good he looked.

Agenda.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    I don’t hear a lot of NFL people saying Flynn is all that.
    =======================================================

You heard a lot of ‘em say Palmer is. You didn’t listen though. So what?

• SnBG

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm
    SnBG Says:

======================================================

You’re doing all my work for me. Thanks again.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Always happy to help. Llamas forever!

• Relentless

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm
    SnBG Says:

======================================================

You’re doing all my work for me. Thanks again.
    —–
    Then what happened to our D last year? If Denver’s players didn’t do it on their own? Our D players sucked and theirs didn’t. John Fox isn’t exactly an offensive coach either.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 4m

Who comes to camp with a Monster cigar? Lincoln f–kin Kennedy does. pic.twitter.com/RfvoHm0dhg

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Who comes to camp with a Monster cigar? Lincoln f–kin Kennedy does.

• RAIDERMAN99

Lincoln Kennedy was a beast.

Hard to believe we got him for a 5th round pick.

Al took the Falcons to the woodshed on that one.

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Injuries and a lack of talent. Seymour got old and injured.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You think Ron Jaworski ranked in 32nd out of spite?

• Raiders for life

####################

One of the problems is no longer on the team. The Green Beanie.
    Hue held out 55 for one fkn snap. DA suspended him and put him on the scout team.
    Back half of the season got a little better for it.

KoolKell Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    You think Ron Jaworski ranked in 32nd out of spite?
    **********
    Who cares.

He doesn’t rank 32nd in career rating. He’s probably around tenth.

Raiders For Life Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 6:09 pm

####################

One of the problems is no longer on the team. The Green Beanie.
    Back half of the season got a little better for it.
    *********
    DA handled that like a fvcking man.

Talk sh1t to me? I’m the head coach. Here’s ur green beanie. Go be a RB.