Raiders practice begins in 15 minutes

The Raiders are on the field today for yet another practice in Napa, with the media permitted access at 2:50 p.m. PDT.
So, stay tuned for Tout videos, Tweets, Twitpics, blog posts and a story in the paper. Beat writer Jerry McDonald has the day off, so I’ll be doing double time keeping up with everything Raider today.
Follow me on Twitter and Tout: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• EMRaiders

Gdog Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    EMRaiders Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:03 pm

So who would you rather have, a guy that can throw deep, run if he has to, has chemistry built up with WRs from offseason get togethers, and that will have you at the edge of your sit because you don’t know if he will score a TD or throw an INT, or a guy that will always throw the safe throw on short routes, it’s new to the team, but that’s ok because you can know what to expect from him every time, and will try to run but will most likely never get that first down with his feet.

Which one will you rather have?

>>>

If we were playing Madden, Pryor hands down.

I want to win actual games though… and a lunch pail guy that can make all the short throws demanded of him in the WCO (You DO know that is the offense that is installed, right?) is my guy.

If Flynn can’t make the short throws with Gannon-like consistency, by all means the job should go to Pryor… hands down.
    =============================

I wasn’t talking about Madden, but this year I am interested how they have Pryor and Flynn scored.

Yea, I know the WC offense is back. I personally like this offense a lot. But if you notice on my post I said IF THEY BOTH WERE DEAD EVEN. Now if Flynn is doing better in the system they have in place, then obviously he would be the better choice to start. But if Pryor shows he can throw the short ball, than I think he should get the nod.

• mcfadden20.

Raider O I could see why you think I’m a troll , while a real troll is cool in here , because both of you monkeys share Pryors nuts , n share the same feelings for our coach

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Soccer Ambassador,

I see. I’m not a fan of club soccer. I like national teams.

• the famous dr robert

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    EMRaiders Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:05 pm
    Raiders For Life Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:02 pm
    For the DR.

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 30s
    Ausberry goes up high to pull down well placed Pryor pass in back of endzone #Raiders
    *******
    Ausberry made a nice play on a high throw?

============

C’mon man, give credit where credit is due, read the tweet again, it clearly says “WELL PLACED PRYOR PASS”
    ********
    Lol. Umm. I don’t believe it.
    *************
    See?

Christopher Hansen @ChrisHansenNFL 13m
    Ausberry goes up and takes Pryor pass away for Usama Young for the TD. Nice play by Ausberry there.

• Al_is_theraiders

well at least you can admit he has no arm strength, now all we have to do is throw 40-60 3 yard outs a game, since there will be 8 in the box and 9 at times to stop dmc…

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pryors nuts? You mean buckeyes? lol

• the famous dr robert

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:25 pm
    Flynn has the top four.

—————–

not according to Pete Carroll or Joe Philbin
    *********
    Not true.

Wilson had a qb rating over 100. No shame there.

Phillbin said he wanted him.

• the famous dr robert

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    *********
    480/6

I’ll take it.

• mcfadden20.

Pryor wasn’t even drafted until 3rd rd of supplement draft, probably goes 6/7th round or undrafted if Al wasn’t crazy about H/W/S

• Plunketthead

The Big Banana Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:22 pm
    Plunketthead Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    Its real close counting all twits since TC opened.
    I will bet that TP’s horse buckeyecloudy is pulling ahead in this race

——

Hold on there. Duck tells us he made a bunch if cruddy throws. He’s gathering the intel now as we type.
    **********

lol in the meantime Chris Hansen is laying a twit beatdown on cork and the rest of the ppikers

That man can flat out twit

• Al_is_theraiders
  • RaidO

Matt Flynn vs. Tennessee Titans Preseason 8/11/2012

Pryor will be the starter.

Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pryors nuts? You mean buckeyes? lol

Yah that team which looks like a high school football team compared colleges elite programs

• http://ho-lee-fuk 909RaiderLifer

Vic Tafur @VicTafur 1h
    Darren McFadden and four quarterbacks by themselves on other field working on rollouts and TD passes to the RB. #Raiders

Vic Tafur @VicTafur 10m
    #Raiders T Jared Veldheer had an MRI for a sore tricep and it came back negative. Good to go

• Plunketthead

Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    Soccer Ambassador,

I see. I’m not a fan of club soccer. I like national teams.

10-4 I will watch me some nascar instead

August 3rd, 2013 at 5:05 pm
    Raiders For Life Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:02 pm
    For the DR.

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 30s
    *******
    Ausberry made a nice play on a high throw?

============

********
    Lol. Umm. I don’t believe it.
    *************
    See?

Christopher Hansen @ChrisHansenNFL 13m

================

Was that the same play? Because “taking a pass away” and “well placed throw” are two complete different things in my book. lol…. goes to show how different perspectives and opinions influence what you see on the field.

• Plunketthead

Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd 2 Aug
    Greg Olson offense will have some trick plays, although I’m prohibited from giving specifics.

• mcfadden20.

Altroll here you go , must win game, includes a 99 yard TD drive by Sd in less than a minutes, seen that before too, I think weeks before against Detroit but here you go relish those great moments under man D

• EMRaiders

Plunketthead Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd 2 Aug

=========

You better keep that sh!t on the DL Jerry. Don’t want to tip off any other teams about Dmac throwing the ball or a double reverse to Dmoore from Streater.

• Plunketthead

If dmac goes down Jenning and Stewart will each run for 1,000 yards :smile:

Playoffs, baby playoffs!!

• Al_is_theraiders

oh yeah…DA had this team in meaningful games right mctool?

• Plunketthead

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL 7m
    Raiders coach Dennis Allen: “I’ve been very pleased with Khalif Barnes” at right offensive tackle.

• http://wix.com/ggeden/ggeden GG

End Arounds

• Plunketthead

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL 10m
    WR Jacoby Ford said his injury was to the back of one of his knees. Called it “nagging” but nothing serious.

• mcfadden20.

Altroll can you find me YouTube video of 2011 week 14 or 15 game against GB packers or the week before against Miami or how about the one against Detroit, remember that game when Raiders Man D needed to get a stop at Det 1 and it totally stopped Detroit for safety ? Yeah neither do I

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:38 pm
    oh yeah…DA had this team in meaningful games right mctool?

Oh yah 1 bad season equals to 7 straight 11 loss seasons?

Right? Is that what your calculator tells you ?

• http://ho-lee-fuk 909RaiderLifer

Asher Mathews @AsherMathews 22m
    DA said that Flynn will def see time in preseason as he needs the experience.

Asher Mathews @AsherMathews 20m
    DA thinks that Pryor is progressing, said he’s gotten better eveeyday and that his deep pass to Butler was a “heck of a throw.”

Asher Mathews @AsherMathews 19m
    DA said that Sio brings a stoutness, has improved his understandingof his role.

Asher Mathews @AsherMathews 18m
    DA said he’s counting on Bilukidi to make plays, thinks he’s gettong better after slow start to camp. #Raiders

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:31 pm
    Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pryors nuts? You mean buckeyes? lol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lol
    The team that was undefeated last year?
    McMonkey, get a hobby and stop trolling this blog. My 6 yr old daughter knows more about football.

• mcfadden20.

Hey can I defend DA for one bad season ? Or should I wait till he loses 11+ games 7 straight seasons?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Plunketthead Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:37 pm
    If dmac goes down Jenning and Stewart will each run for 1,000 yards

Playoffs, baby playoffs!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I like Murray, but is he invisible or injured this TC?

Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:44 pm
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:31 pm
    Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pryors nuts? You mean buckeyes? lol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lol
    The team that was undefeated last year?

Yah what an awesome season, beating teams like Applachian state to go undefeated, that’s why they were in the BCS championship right ? Oh wait

• Gdog

>>>>

Personally I don’t trust a person that recently admitted he didn’t know how to throw a pass until just this year to run a WCO.

His slant passes vs SD were HORRIFYING. There should have been two picks minimum.

Flynns the guy until he proves he cannot run this offense… sorry.

• realtruraider

McTroll, give it a rest man, go read that link O posted. You want to know what happened in 2011 on defense? Bresnahan or however you spell that pos DC’s name. he was the Knapp of DC’s, now go play on your swing set

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

They were banned by the NCAA.
    Like I said McMonkey, you don’t know sh!t about football.

• http://wix.com/ggeden/ggeden GG

One day there’ll be a HOF enshrinement to amend the Raiders neglects…

Tim Brown
    Ray Guy
    Tom Flores
    Jim Plunkett
    Ken Stabler
    Cliff Branch
    etc

all inducted at once

Big 10 or whatever conference Ohio state plays in is like the lil sister of SEC

• mcfadden20.

Stupid O, it doesn’t change the fact that Ohio State isn’t on the level of teams like Alabama

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I’m done teaching football to McMonkey.

• the famous dr robert

Plunketthead Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd 2 Aug
    *******
    Ah. So now we are understanding where Pryor fits in.

• Crawfish Joe

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 4:50 pm
    RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 23m #Raider QB Terrell Pryor is having a very good day,just hit Butler on a 60 yd bomb in a team session.Flynn just doesn’t have that in the bag

Retweeted by Vic Tafur

Flynn doesn’t have that “in the bag”?

These tweets don’t make it seem like Pryor is a guy who can’t play QB.

He needs to improve his short passes it appears but chicks dig the long ball. Most fans dig it too.

===============================================

Al Davis football is the long ball. Raiders may be headed in that direction. Flynn is no Montana. Once teams start watching him on film, he may struggle. Pryor has much greater upside with a stronger arm and running ability. Coaches will teach him how to read and adjust.

Realtruraider Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:47 pm

— he wasn’t the DC year before , or the prior years going back to 03 , take that Man D Dik out of your mouth , and especially Pryors , cuz it’s clouding you guys judgement

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

How many teams are on the same level as Alabama?
    You are clueless. lol

Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    I’m done teaching football to McMonkey.

– what football ?? Your judgement is clouded because of Bias, n you find non Pryor fan a troll , non DA fan a troll , saw that coming from miles away, n leave me alone troll, don’t you have pryors nuts to play with ?

• http://ho-lee-fuk 909RaiderLifer

Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL 22m
    Coach Dennis Allen said there are some other prospective free agents he would like to see the Raiders lock up before long, a la Janikowski.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The Ohio State University had 8 BCS bowl appearances (1st tied with Oklahoma), and tied for1st for most BCS Bowl wins.
    Choke on that McMonkey you clueless troll.

• Tricky70390

The coaching staff won’t take Pryor seriously until Flynn gets injured. It’s how Kaepernick got his foot in the door and it’s how Pryor will get his.

Doesn’t matter how improved he looks in practice, he’s still a gadget to them until they have no other option.

• realtruraider

—————————————–

Just sick of you saying the same damn thing over and over, and actually our Raiders defense was decent the 2 years prior with Marshall as DC. Anyway, man defense wasn’t the only issue, go educate yourself a bit, maybe read that post O posted and then get yourself a ice cream cone and call it a night

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:55 pm
    Raider O Says:
    August 3rd, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    I’m done teaching football to McMonkey.

$$$$$$$$$$$

You are blind too?
    You are a troll because you act like one. A lot of posters disagree with me on DA and TP, but I don’t call them trolls. Only you McMonkey.

• Al_is_theraiders

mcdrool, 2011? get your years straight…