Raiders add Baker to wounded D-line

The Raiders announced the signing of defensive lineman Ryan Baker Monday, bringing some depth to an injury-ravaged position.

Baker, 6-foot-5 and 302 pounds, played in 17 games over four seasons with the Miami Dolphins. He worked out for defensive coaches and the personnel staff following Sunday’s practice, during which the Raiders had seven defensive lineman who were held out of practice.

Nose tackle Johnny Jones, out since the beginning of camp with an undisclosed injury, was waived/injured, meaning he will be put on injured reserve once he clears waivers.

Baker was predominantly a defensive end in Miami, although listing him as a lineman indicates they believe he can play tackle as well.

Aside from Jones, defensive linemen who were unable to practice Sunday were end/tackle Brandon Bair, tackle Myles Wade, tackle Pat Sims, tackle Stacey McGee, tackle Vance Walker and end Lamarr Houston.

Sims has not participated in any of the Raiders nine training camp practices leading into Monday’s session at 2:50 p.m.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Scourge

Hey SnBG! Whaddup?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“For the most part most of todays youth feels entitled, not the same work ethic as our fathers taught us etc.. Just sayin.”

The pride taken in work is missing with the work ethic.

• nycraider

SnBG Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    the last thing you do is hold me down, your logic just cant hold up because it has no merit. Keep blogging Semi bc that what we all are.
    ””””””””””””””
    Oh really? Why did Reg go 4-12? Was it because he is a bad GM or was it because he had a horrible situation? Why do some here want him gone based on one year in a bad situation. Why is it that players can take time to mature but a rookie HC and GM can’t have some time.
    ——————–
    thats the point, there are times opinions can be made without seeing performance to support that opinion. You admire RM when he has yet built a team to win, some may see that as far fetched. Especially since the team he inherited went 8-8.I have a concern about the DL because experts ranked them as the worst in the NFL, our depth is a huge issue, and the talent has yet to be proven .
    Personally i will give Reggie a chance to prove himself but wont jump on his bandwagon like you did bc he has cut our salary cap.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell
  • Raiders for life

Q: You mentioned when you came out of high school, when you came out of college that they might actually be looking at you at cornerback and you were a little shocked they were more interested in you as a running back.
    Jones: A lot of my college coaches thought that once I made it to the NFL that I’d be converted to a corner, so that’s kind of my mind set and what I thought also. So when I got drafted as a running back, it came to me as somewhat of a surprise.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Nycraider Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    Chris In NY Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:03 pm
    I’ve got to say I’m really excited about Pryor. He had already looked like a man amongst boys with his athleticism. I was skeptical about his passing skills but by all accounts he’s made a remarkable leap with those. Seems to have an incredibly great attitude and will to be great. Al’s last pick. Let’s give him the reins.
    ——————–
    so agree, Pryor is giving this franchise some hope. I feel its gonna be a rollarcoaster ride but one worth taking. So hoping Al’s last pick was one of his best

===============

He’s still young & he can really develop into something

• PlunkforHOF

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

The pride taken in work is missing with the work ethic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True enough.. Got a younger guy on my staff who is a star though. Only took 10 years to find him.

• RaiderRetribution

Locks:
    In my great opinion, which as you all know is above all other’s opinions:

QB Flynn, Pryor

RB McFadden, Reece, Jennings

TE Ausberry Rivera

WR Moore Streater

OL Vehldeer Wisniewski Watson Gourde Barron Barnes

DE Houston Hunter Carter

DT Walker, Biloduki

LB Roach, Burnett (older brother), Moore, Burris, Burnett (younger brother)

S Branch Woodson Young

CB Hayden Porter Jenkins

STs Janokowski Condo Taiwan

• Cervantes74

Seymour Bush Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

plenty of intersting storylines on fri. CWOOD back, Taiwan JONES at Corner..

how the OLINE LOOKS, starting D i know hayden and some guys will be missing but should be good
    ===============================================

……basically completely new defense, pitched QB battle, heated RB battles, TE position up for grabs…..plenty of things to look at…

*******************************************

Special Teams Kick Coverage Too!

• inonewordraider

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

The pride taken in work is missing with the work ethic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

__________
    I don’t know felluz

i’m guessing that’s what our fathers said

look at the conditioning these guys do, keep getting better and better with regards to taking care of their bodies and training year round

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Very good argument you are making but it needs a little clarification. I admire the fact that Reg has taken the job which was considered one of the worst in the league. Yes he still needs to build a team to win but many hear ignore the improvement in personal and performance improvement that did take place last year. As far as depth that is also improving. It is one that takes time to develop. It’s my opinion that that 8-8 team was an illusion that would have failed in 2012. One thing I’ve found with the so called experts is that they are not always right. There are plenty of experts that say the Dline and defense as a whole has improved. From what I’ve seen so far I can say that I believe this team will be better this year. They already are.

• RaiderRetribution

34 of 53 locked

19 still open, a few starting positions even,

Interior OLine & DLine, PR/KR.

• SnBG

Inonewordraider Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:02 pm
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

The pride taken in work is missing with the work ethic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

__________
    I don’t know felluz

i’m guessing that’s what our fathers said

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Guys those are generalizations, don’t you think. I know plenty of my friends kids that work extremely hard to get ahead.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“training year round”

Some do but then there are the J Fords of the NFL who pull something first week every year.

• C2E

Hayden pull a hamie?

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

=====================

And it’s a fact that you need to get some new Reggie knee pads as yours are wearing out.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Meanwhile, I (along with thousands of NFL fans) just discovered the NFL Android app won’t run on a rooted phone anymore. The NFL is run by idiots.

• SnBG

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    “training year round”

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Maybe he’s a baby and maybe he’s not. He may just be one of those guys that is injury prone and no matter what he does, he will get hurt. Either way he can’t survive in the NFL like that.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Guys those are generalizations, don’t you think.”

Yes indeed and next occupation discrimination.

Lawyers (a lot of people hate them)

Janitors (no one wants to be one)

Meter Maid (most hated)

• SnBG

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

=====================

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Good evening classless, how are you?

• 0ak r8rs

C2E Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:08 pm
    Hayden pull a hamie?

@@@@@@

Yep.

• RaidO

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 4h
    Amazing how much Tyrelle Pryor has improved his throwing mechanics. He’s throwing nothing but spirals with ease.

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 3h
    1 hour into the Raiders practice and Terrelle Pryor has been the best quarterback on the field today. strong arm and accurate

Been hearing nothing but good things about Pryor from ALL the sports “writers”. We will see how that translates to the games but it sure does sound like his passing has improved.

• Try Some Reality

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 3h

========================================

And yet the Houdini haters persist.

• C2E

0ak R8rs Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:13 pm
    C2E Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:08 pm
    Hayden pull a hamie?

@@@@@@

Yep.
    —–
    Extent?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Good evening, Scourge. How’s the other side of the land mass this evening? Dipped my dirty feet in the Pacific at the westernmost point of the continental US, yesterday. Cape Mendicino.

• Scourge

P_man, I’m doing well. Busy but good.

Weather’s been nice this week. End of the semester and I’ve been busy with assignments, etc. need your help with a Kell joke!

:mrgreen:

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

C2E Says:
    Extent?
    ================================

Went back in shortly after. Apparantly ok.

• Scourge

I’m trying to figure out if there’s better ending for this joke. Perhaps your wit might come into play perfecting it. Here goes….

When God was handing out poot butts, KoolKell thought He said “cure butts” and took as much he could carry.

• rudegruden

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:11 pm
    “Guys those are generalizations, don’t you think.”

Yes indeed and next occupation discrimination.

Lawyers (a lot of people hate them)

Janitors (no one wants to be one)

Meter Maid (most hated)

——
    Meter Maid’s can go to hell. I had a meter maid threaten to give me another ticket for laughing when i saw her write my ticket. I asked her if she can write tickets for laughing and she pulled out her pepper spray. I called her a crazy b*tch, and got in my car and drove away.

I felt like Tim Duncan when he got tossed for laughing at crawford.

• Scourge

cute*

• Scourge

When God was handing out poot butts, KoolKell thought He said “cute butts” and took as much he could carry.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 9m There’s a big difference between Pryor and Flynn’s arm strength. Pryor was accurate. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a qb controversy.

• Try Some Reality

Hamstring pull and went back in? Doesn’t sound like a hamstring pull at all.

• Just Fire Baby

I get to watch the game live on the Cowboys feed, with Babe Laufenkeugel or whatever calling it.

Should be an interesting non-bias opinion on the Raiders.

• Try Some Reality

=====================================

LMAO!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 28m For the first hour I was the only reporter near the far field, which is where the qbs practiced the 1st hour

• Just Fire Baby

I like the guy posting all the anti-FLynn tweets (even from days ago) and omitting the positives from today, and then the exact opposite of Pryor.

#Alwouldslapyou

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 37m I watched the entire 3 hour practice and without a doubt Terrelle Pryor was better than Matt Flynn today. Draw your own conclusions.

—————–

95.7 the game Radio host.. and sports anchor

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

So pryor is the only one who has to be consistent?? FLynn gets to have passes batted down, under throw passes, drop snaps, throw a pick six.. but he is the autmoatic starter after 2 starts?? LOL if anything it should be wide open.

all im saying. May the best qb win

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Scourge Says:
    …need your help with a Kell joke!

:mrgreen:
    ====================================================

Skimming thru’ this afternoon when I got back home, noticed some pithy comments from the Kooky one.
    Did you know that he actually watched the week 17 game last season, and thought Pryor looked real good?
    Hadn’t read that from him before.
    Was hoping he might mention the 3rd down conversion rate and red zone efficiency, but I guess he didn’t pay that close attention. Probably drinking and partying, you know how he is!
    What you got cooking?

• 0ak r8rs

C2E Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:24 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:13 pm
    C2E Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:08 pm
    Hayden pull a hamie?

@@@@@@

Yep.
    —–
    Extent?

@@@@

Just got a tweet from CSN. Calling it a strain. Won’t play Friday. We kinda knew that anyway.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Henry Wofford ‏@HenryWoffordCSN 43m Prior to his hamstring injury, Hayden was having a good practice. I was sitting next to Willie Brown who praised Hayden his coverage.

• RaidO

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:30 pm
    ————————-

It’s all about the preseason games but Reggie and DA may be forced to start Pryor. We know Flynn’s Reggie’s “guy”. I think it was dumb to anoint Flynn the starter based on 1 good “dink n dunk” game. Should have been an open competition going into the preseason games.

• Just Fire Baby

Just read the Pittsburgh Steelers are intergrating the ZBS system this year.

Now the two toughest teams in the AFC, Steelers and Ravens, are ZBS teams.

We had the right idea, wrong coach for it.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 5th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Just read the Pittsburgh Steelers are intergrating the ZBS system this year.

Now the two toughest teams in the AFC, Steelers and Ravens, are ZBS teams.

We had the right idea, wrong coach for it.

========================================

Exactly. Forget Frank Pollack. Shoulda hired Alex Gibbs.

• 0ak r8rs

NAPA – Raiders cornerback D.J. Hayden suffered a hamstring strain on Monday afternoon, but that won’t keep him out of Friday’s preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys.

Comcast sports net.

Ok??

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

—————-

possibly.. but to reggie’s credit he did tell FLORIO from PFT he liked PRYOR and wanted to see him take over in the preseason if he wanted the starting gig.. said that at the combine

• 0ak r8rs

His offseason abdominal surgery will. The first-round draft pick hasn’t been medically cleared for full contact, and was officially ruled out Monday by coach Dennis Allen.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Scourge Says:

=======================================================

Well, he’s a sensitive, metrosexual guy, and I post in constant fear of the Doc getting me banned again(BFF with the Corkster now, you know), so I have to pull my punches.