Raiders live chat at 8 a.m. PDT on Tuesday

Join me for a breakfast-time live chat, as we catch up on all things Raiders related through the first two weeks or so of training camp and on the verge of their first exhibition game.
The chat begins at 8 a.m. PDT as we attempt to accommodate those from other parts of the country and the world, as well as those who typically get short shrift during the lunch hour.
Here’s the link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_23798229/live-chat-raiders-training-camp-updates-tuesday-8

Steve Corkran

• bcz24

why would a non-gey dude care so much about gey rights? it doesn’t even involve him!
    ***************
    Maybe he has a gay family member? Maybe he just really believes that gay people should have the same right to marriage as straight people?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

why would a non-gey dude care so much about gey rights?
    =======================================

Uh, why were white people marching with Doctor King?

• the famous dr robert

Can’t read too much into the depth chart just posted.

Many times, vets who were here are automatically listed in front of rookies and sometimes injured players can stay or drop and u don’t know what it means.

But these are the things I found interesting:

Gurode is listed as third team center instead of 2nd team guard.
    Nix is the starting LG.
    Mastrud is listed in front of kasa.
    Gordon is the starting TE.
    Butler is 2nd team, ahead of ford at WR.
    McGloin is ahead of Wilson.
    Houston starting at RDE.
    Burris now listed as MLB.
    Porter, Jenkins, Hayden, and Taiwan are locks. 5th and possibly 6th CBs come down to Chekwa, Adams, and Hanson.
    Ross and nelms are safeties.
    Ford behind cribbs, who’s listed as starting KR and PR.

@Duck

should Marq King be able to beat out a vet punter that sucks? I don’t know. I haven’t seen much of King. All I know is that he went undrafted, he’s drawn comparisons to Reggie Roby and we stashed him away on I.R. for a year. They also say he needs to be more consistent.

for all we know, King sucks too.

trade Ford to the Texans for Lechler!!

• jesusraiderjim

#648

Could have a friend or relative that is LGBT or something.

Maybe dude is old school equal rights activist, who cares. Need more like him. IMO

• Marks hair

as long as I don’t have to watch Lechler blast punts out of the back of the endzone like a f****** retard anymore I’ll be happy

• jesusraiderjim

I just want to see some punts downed inside the 10 yard line

• hwnrdr

643.Raider Dell Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:35 pm
    GhostToThePost Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:16 am

Alex Barron and Khalif Barnes are playing really well.

-Cork

***

ROG, Dell & Hwnrdr disagree

Hmmmm
    —————-
    Barron would be a nice surprise, but he was a massive bust with the Rams, so I’m not going to expect miracles.

BTW, what does ROG stand for?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Point of clarification, saw Alex Barron one Practice( that word practice always reminds me of Allen Iverson, practice, practice who needs practice!!) anyway Barron looks slow to me. I saw Sio Moore blast around him, easily as well as Jason Hunter, yet Barron held up with David Bass and Ryan Robinson on a few plays.

I believe Barron must be able to play multiple positions to make the team, probably both tackle spots.

Better perspective Willie Smith and Barron equal to me.

What’s up Dell! DId you go with B Saturday? I can’t remember if it was you or someone else…

• the famous dr robert

Raider J Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:38 pm
    Flynn starting with a package for Pryor seems like the most effective use of QB talents until one who is better than both of them combined comes along.
    ********
    This has always been what I thought would happen.

• Marks hair

no surprises from the depth chart

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

SnBG Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

What does it matter what Kluwe believes or doesn’t believe. As long as he can punt who cares.

==========================================

I agree completely, but some are really bothered by Kluwe’s activism in favor of marriage equality.

more complaints about Lechler?

as bad as he was last year, he still topped Kluweless in almost every important punting stat

new post

• SnBG

Kluwe,,,,,Season Fewest Touchbacks, 2, 2012

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

• rediaR

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    Can’t read too much into the depth chart just posted.

But these are the things I found interesting:

Gurode is listed as third team center instead of 2nd team guard.
    Nix is the starting LG.
    Mastrud is listed in front of kasa.
    Gordon is the starting TE.
    Butler is 2nd team, ahead of ford at WR.
    McGloin is ahead of Wilson.
    Houston starting at RDE.
    Burris now listed as MLB.
    Ross and nelms are safeties.
    Ford behind cribbs, who’s listed as starting KR and PR.
    ————————-
    My whole Ford not making the team thing has yet to take any real hits. Right on schedule.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

• SnBG

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:45 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

==========================================

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Exactly, has nothing to do with Kluwe’s on field perfomance.

• 8RaiderReign8

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:45 pm
    Raider J Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:38 pm
    ********
    This has always been what I thought would happen.
    _______________________________

lies

• The Big Banana

“Tyrann is getting his hands on a lot of balls,” quarterback Carson Palmer said

——

Lol

• Crawfish Joe

:cool: Mr P, you out there? What a fckng tool show. Just checked in and was afraid to be guilty by association. WTF. Anyway, how it be?

• 0ak r8rs

00tt00 Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 6:31 am
    Mikeschoice Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 5:42 am
    The main difference I see with Reggies approach is depth. We have more depth at each position and have spread the money to accommodate this approach. Al would put all his eggs in one basket and when that player got injured or didn’t perform we were screwed!
    No one in the NFL has a crystal ball but I see this approach working alot a better. Besides this affords trade opportunities with other teams short on talent liking our 2nd or 3rd guy and willing to cough up some picks.
    ===================================
    yes….we do indeed have a deep team of second rate players

@@@@@@@

You can thank your buddy Al for putting us in a position to not afford first rate ones.

Thanks, Al!

Viva 2014!!!

• 0ak r8rs

Crawfish Joe Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:44 pm

@@@@@@@

For the record, I had nothing to do w last night. Haha. I gave up at like 10 EST.