Raiders live chat at 8 a.m. PDT on Tuesday

By Steve Corkran
Monday, August 5th, 2013 at 8:51 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Join me for a breakfast-time live chat, as we catch up on all things Raiders related through the first two weeks or so of training camp and on the verge of their first exhibition game.
The chat begins at 8 a.m. PDT as we attempt to accommodate those from other parts of the country and the world, as well as those who typically get short shrift during the lunch hour.
Here’s the link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_23798229/live-chat-raiders-training-camp-updates-tuesday-8

• DJ Johnny

If we listen to the media we are in some serious dire straits. “Worst team in football” most say. Some don’t have us doing ANYTHING decent for at least a couple years. Every acquisition that is made is boring and seems inconsequential.

Matt Flynn as our QB? He may be good, he may not.

It seems any potentially exciting thing is immediately quashed.

There have been only two times in the past YEAR I have had that Raider excitement. One was the win vs Pittsburgh last season and the other when Hub Arkush announced he was “100% certain” that Gruden was coming back. The Gruden thing…was angrily denied immediately by the Raiders which at the time I interpreted as “No…we are not going to do something that cool and u should be ashamed for believing we would”. Gruden haters are glad it was a false story of course.

Then, in a bold move to bolster the most important position on the team we acquire the most boring, milquetoast QB we could possibly find in Matt Flynn. I’m not hating on Flynn…he may be awesome but he is ‘BORING’ as hell and there are hardly any “experts” who believe he is any better than one of the worst in the entire league. Awesome.

Then, some excitement happens with news of Pryor lighting it up in camp and once again the Raiders are quick to piss in that koolaid. “He’s not ready”, “he needs more work”, “maybe someday” or similar comments.

I’m not saying DA and Reggie don’t know what they’re doing but all they’ve given us so far is 4-12 and most say is the worst roster in football and equally uninspiring with Flynn at the helm it’s the most BORING roster in football.

I’m not saying we’re gonna suck. I think we will surprise a lot of “experts” this year…but it’d be nice to have something exciting and fun surrounding this team. If we’re gonna suck, can we at least have something fun to focus on?

Maybe it’s just me. We all have our own reasons for enjoying the football season.

• mcfadden20.

Coaching doesn’t care about depth chart right now, depth chart will start taking shape after 2nd and 3rd games of season

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:28 am
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    lol…enough child…he was not drafted…

It doesn’t matter, he was part of the 2012 draft class and Reg got him
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No he wasn’t.
    They call them Undrafted Rookie FREE AGENTS for a reason.

• theghostronin79

Gordon’s the first-string TE.

===========

WTF? is that a typo?

Well, maybe not if we indeed ARE going to be a Run heavy team. He’ll just be another power blocker with Auz being our receiver.

also a little surprised to see Butler coming just behind DMO and Streater….He’ll definitely be in the rotation.

• Marks hair

Streeter was not drafted that means Reggie missed him… I like a lot of Reggies moves this year but last year’s draft was not very good.

Streeter was a free agent and that means he could have gone wherever he wanted. Reggie didn’t sell Streeter and his agent on the Raiders. Streeters agent knew the Raiders had a lack of wide receiver Talent…

Streeter chose us because he might make the team

• dplunk

why would you pick a quarterback of the future when you already have a quarterback of the future and your D line is week?
    ——————————————————
    Nothing wrong with have multiple competent QB’s on your team, as long as you can afford them

• mcfadden20.

Btw I like Al to tell us who does he compare our draft class to and call it failure , and please don’t say you comparing it to Al’s recent draft classes

• mcfadden20.

Raider O Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:31 am
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:28 am
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    lol…enough child…he was not drafted…

It doesn’t matter, he was part of the 2012 draft class and Reg got him
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No he wasn’t.
    They call them Undrafted Rookie FREE AGENTS for a reason.

The point is it doesn’t matter, it was still Reg who got him, Al didn’t come back and find this guy

@Odouls

that depth chart obviously doesn’t take injuries into consideration

if it did, Burris/Watson/Sims certainly wouldn’t be on there. They haven’t played 1 snap @ training camp!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

R8ER MIKE Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:30 am
    O !!
    good day Mr. V.P. !!
    ?? still not smokin ??
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good day to you Mr. ODB.
    Yeah bro. It’s been 3 months, and I may extend it a few more. I lost weight, I’m a little sharper, and I feel better.

• mcfadden20.

Over-reacting over unofficial depth chart

• Al_is_theraiders

mcxcuse….if our starters were sooo bad why did not even 1 of his picks start the season?

• Al_is_theraiders

rr smartest thing youve written in a while…

@O diggity

congrats on 3 months smoke free!

sincerely,

John L. Higgins

• dplunk

isn’t it a tad too early to be judging this years draft class as a success, or failure…idk…maybe it’s just my thinking

• Violent Hands

Best way I can describe it is, the players and coaches act as if they know something that no one else does and that they can’t wait to let in the rest of the world on their little secret. In other words, they are very confident.

Multiple-Defence anyone?

thanks Alis!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am
    @O diggity

congrats on 3 months smoke free!

sincerely,

John L. Higgins
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thx bro.

• mcfadden20.

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Burris

• mcfadden20.

Dplunk Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Only Reggie haters are already calling it a failure with out anyone even playing in a game, my favorite was when they said Hayden would never play again, only for Hayden to be on the field next day

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Burris
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Burris started because Curry was injured and he couldn’t get healthy.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

McMonkey,

Don’t argue for the sake of arguing.
    This was a good draft, and last years draft wasn’t. Get over it.

• mcfadden20.

Raider O Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:42 am
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Burris
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Burris started because Curry was injured and he couldn’t get healthy.

Wow man, really? Like Pryor is getting a chance this year because we have no Qb’s ?

• Whoknows

******************************
    It’s not just you. Someone gave me tickets to last year’s SD game and the only reason I went was to see TP, who no matter the outcome, was exciting.
    Milquetoast is exactly how I would describe Flynn.
    The only chance this team has is riding on Pryor’s play making ability. With Pryor you will see exciting football, with Flynn not so much.

• dplunk

@McFadden
    ——————————————————
    L.O.L. yeah I think I recall that

• The Big Banana

The_Judge37 Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:02 am
    502.mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:58 am
    Inonewordraider Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:56 am
    we’re counted out by the league as usual

this year however I feel like we have a bunch of guys that really want to be here. guys playing for contracts, young hungry players that love football, and vets that want to win now

it’s easy to root for these guys

Young talented guys playing the game for the love of it = success for long time

LOL, you guys watch too many Disney movies

——-

Lmao, Judge

O,

did I read that you’re going to the ME with purvis ??

• mcfadden20.

Raider O Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:43 am
    McMonkey,

Don’t argue for the sake of arguing.
    This was a good draft, and last years draft wasn’t. Get over it.

How can you judge last years draft based on 1 year? N how could you call it failure when the first pick was a early 4th rounder? would have been much different story if Reg had pcks in first 3 rounds as well

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    OTOH, it’s further confirmation that “Scholarship Players” are a thing of the past in the Reggime.
    =================================================

Not if a better player starts ahead of a poster’s favorite at that position. That would be a scholorship player in that poster’s opinion, more often than not.

• theghostronin79

mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am
    Over-reacting over unofficial depth chart

==========

No, just mulling………Nothing else to talk about.

• Raider Dell

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Raider O,

That comment you made had me smiling and happy for you. I never met you or would wish nothing bad to you, but it was the smartest move you made.

You worked hard selling cars, raising a family and attending College. The degree you selected was not easy. Finance is difficult and time consuming and you completed your four years.

I’m happy for you and wish you tremendous success.

I’ll accept your apology later for your terrible debate on Huff as a corner as last year proved I was “RIGHT”, LOL titty monkey.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:44 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:42 am
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Burris
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Burris started because Curry was injured and he couldn’t get healthy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

WTF are you talking about. We have 3 more QBs on the roster, and he is competing.
    “We have no QBs” now? So are you saying Reggie made a mistake trading for Flynn, or are you saying Flynn sucks?
    And you wonder why some call you a troll?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RaiderRockstar Says:

O,

did I read that you’re going to the ME with purvis ??
    =====================================================

Yeah, to check out his favorite Indian or Pakistani eatery in Jordan!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:46 am
    O,

did I read that you’re going to the ME with purvis ??
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I doubt he was serious, but if he goes, I will go with him and be his tour guide.

***

O,

please give him the daily reminder “Palmer sucks!”

thanks in advance :)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raider Dell Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:47 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Raider O,

I’m happy for you and wish you tremendous success.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Completed 4 years and graduated with honors. lol
    Thank you Finance Master.
    I would wish you success too, but I know you are very successful.
    Huff did play CB so that makes me right, but he wasn’t a very good CB and that makes you right. We are even. lol
    Titty Monkeys Rule!

• mcfadden20.

Raider O Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:47 am
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:44 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:42 am
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Burris
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Burris started because Curry was injured and he couldn’t get healthy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And you wonder why some call you a troll?

Well really it’s called trolling if some one makes a comment in the same context like you did? So it’s okay to downplay Burris getting a starting job because A Curry was injured , it’s trolling to say the only reason he’s in the starting competition is because lack of talent at QB position ? So we have double standards here ? N it’s all good as long as they favor your side ? Makes perfect sense

@RM99

funny joke yesterday that Vince Young is my favorite QB. hah!

I would sign former KC & MIA player Tyler Thigpen in FA before him, lol

shoot – that dumb redneck with toddler hands we drafted in RD4 will have a greater NFL career than VY

• dplunk

I wonder would there be as much animosity on this board when the Raiders start winning again..winning cures all

Titty Monkeys Rule!

***

DA = COY??

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:51 am

***

O,

please give him the daily reminder “Palmer sucks!”

thanks in advance
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don’t think CP sucks, but I also don’t think he was worth that salary and he is an avg QB.

@Judge

no, i’m not Higgins … but I appreciate you mistaking me for the Raiders greatest punt returner in the past 10+ years!

• mcfadden20.

Hypocrisy and double standards at their finest in this board this fine morning

I don’t think CP sucks

***

@Odouls

I just asked you to pass the note, not open it!

• mcfadden20.

I can’t believe Raiders could never find a good punt returner , hopefully that changes this year

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

One guy reggie should have drafted and thats TAVON AUSTIN.. he would have made this offense about 10x better could do it all. NFL network mayock said the most explosive player he has ever seen…said that yest.

in 4 years never missed 1 practice. Throw him in with DMAC.. woulda been wow.. im still cool with hayden…

but Raiders should have taken a chance on Tyrann mathieu too.. one scout said he is pound for pound best player in camp right now.

However i saw him get toasted in coverage at a practice on sat.. i saw video of it. Larry Fitz outjumped him and he was a second late at tyring to defend.. and Peterson ran right by him and PALMER threw a deep pass …

TAVON austin was one guy i wanted.

Hypocrisy and double standards at their finest in this board this fine morning

***

@M20

like the guys who love #12 , but hated #15 ??

couldn’t agree more! scumbags..

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RR,

Titty Monkey made a lot of mistakes last year, he is clueless about the offense, but that doesn’t mean he can’t improve. Like I told you last year, rookie owner, GM, HC, DC, and knapp is a recipe for disaster.
    COY? I doubt it.

• Raider Dell

Those of you in my FFL, we have our 12 manager locked up. I convinced B@uce to play. Let’s roll.

Fun starts August 20, at 6:30 PST Draft time!!!!

No whining, about your seating, please.

• Al_is_theraiders

austin pick is badaszs he is gonna ball out…