By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 7:14 pm in Oakland Raiders.
The Raiders first possession ended when Matt Flynn was hit on a blindside sack by Sean Lee, losing a fumble to Jason Hatcher . . .
– Sixth-round draft pick Stacy McGee joined third-round pick Sio Moore as rookies in the starting lineup as projected starting tackles Pat Sims (injury) and Vance Walker (paternity leave) were scratched.
– Raiders captains were Charles Woodson and Nick Roach on defense, Flynn and McFadden on offense and Janikowski on special teams. Woodson received the biggest cheer when the defense was introduced before the game.
It was Woodson’s first time at the Coliseum as a Raider since the a 30-21 loss to the New York Giants to end the 2005 season.
– Friday was the first game with the east side third deck structure unofficially known as Al Davis closed. A black tarp adorned with a huge Raiders shield covered approximate 7,000 seats.
Also closed were three sections in the original third deck at the outer edges leading in to the east side deck.
Capacity for the Coliseum this season will be 53,000.
– With the press box elevator breaking down at around 5 p.m., Cowboys defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin was assisted by a two media members who went to the bottom floor and led him through a kitchen area before Coliseum staff took over.
– It was the fourth time in five seasons Dallas served as the Raiders’ first preseason opponent. The Cowboys won 3-0 in Oakland in 2012, the Raiders won 17-9 in Dallas in 2010 and also won 31-10 in Oakland in 2009.
– Contest winners Deja Bryson and James Greer sang God Bless America and the National Anthem before the game.