Punch to the gut _ Veldheer has torn triceps

Jared Veldheer has a torn left triceps and coach Dennis Allen said it’s likely the Raiders best lineman will be placed on the injured reserve, designated for return list. That means the Raiders will be without their best offensive man and the blindside protector for quarterbacks Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor for at least eight games.

Allen would only say Veldheer’s absence would be a “significant” amount of time. The procedure for putting a player on the designated for return I.R. is to put Veldheer on the 53-man roster at the final cutdown. On the Tuesday preceding the season opener, Veldheer would go in the list, would be removed from the 53-man roster and the Raiders could sign another player.

Veldheer would be out six weeks and return to the team, but still would be unable to play for two more weeks. That would make the earliest possible date Veldheer could return would be Nov. 3 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Alex Barron, the former St. Louis Rams first-round draft pick who has mostly played right tackle in his career, will start for the Raiders against New Orleans Friday night.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• GhostToThePost

Priesttj12 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    Papa thought Pryor was a complete waste last year. No one could tell him otherwise. Now he wants to start him eventually. Because the writing is on the wall. They see what Flynn has to offer and it aint much.
    ===============
    Not what Papa said at all.
    Said he was a complete waste last year, and his passes have gotten better (when you are a complete waste, how can your passes not get better after a year?).
    Said no way is Pryor close to starting.
    And said, like harb did with Kap last year, Pryor will get put in under certain situations, but nothing was said about him being close to being a starter.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Brisiel must be out at RG”

This is real shlt here you better listen to “B”!

• GhostToThePost

August 14th, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    No matter who we have to put at T…..Brisiel must be out at RG
    =============
    Barron, who stunk at RT, is now going to be in a LT?
    Oh lord.
    He might rival Kwame for penalties given up.

• http://ho-lee-fuk 909RaiderLifer

Vic Tafur @VicTafur 2h
    Center Stefen Wisniewski said having make-shift line has been tough but “we all communicate really well, we’re all mostly on the same page.”
    “““““““““““““““““““““““““““
    Keyword: “mostly”

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Wow, Really Bad News Today.

• Stringer Bell

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:32 pm

No matter who we have to put at T…..Brisiel must be out at RG

*************************************************
    Briesel was by far the worst signing by RM.

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:38 pm
    “Brisiel must be out at RG”

This is real shlt here you better listen to “B”!
    *************************

Cant do it man

• JLofty

Bring back the Beast! Surely Campbell is ready to be a probowl LT by now??!?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Cant do it man”

YOU of all people need to listen to “B”!

GhostToThePost Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    No matter who we have to put at T…..Brisiel must be out at RG
    =============
    Barron, who stunk at RT, is now going to be in a LT?
    Oh lord.
    He might rival Kwame for penalties given up.
    ************************

I have no clue who the LT or RT will be….Not exciting prospects I know but no one is as bad as Kwame….2008 season I told this blog that he would be a disaster and he was

KoolKell Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:40 pm
    Wow, Really Bad News Today.
    ***********************

Wasnt good news for sure but let’s not act like season is over….keep ya head up old man…we will fight hard this season no matter what

• Marks hair

teams are going to come after Flynn like they’re playing with a 14 point lead all yr…

909RaiderLifer Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    Vic Tafur @VicTafur 2h
    “““““““““““““““““““““““““““
    Keyword: “mostly”
    ***********************

Its Mid August…..I dont think they would be there yet as well

• the famous dr robert

Wow. Is there a soul on this board supporting brisiel?

What a revelation.

How about a “Willie smith is not the answer” declaration?

Djjohnny–I think the team looked much better last week. They are on their way.

• DJ Johnny

With the updated news that Veldheer’s triceps is only “partially” torn and saying he will be available “much of the season” does it mean he’s still having surgery?

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

0ak R8rs Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:29 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:15 pm
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

kinda like hating an
    owner that gave you 3 super bowl wins?

===========

I never understood that either. Yet, they get mad when you “hate” on the new GM. Go figure.

@@@@@@@@

Hrm. Maybe because he made us the laughing stock of the league for the better part of two decades? And even when he did manage to strike gold in Gruden he managed to screw that up as well and Gruden asked for a trade? I have a 26 year old kid. He was half a decade from being born the last time we won a Super Bowl.

Two haters stuck in the past.

Hrm. Who should we judge? A guy that screwed it up for 20+ years? Or the guy that’s had 18 months to fix 20 years of shlt? Couple of geniuses.

===========

If you knew how to read & comprehend, you’d see that I agreed with someone who said “why HATE a guy who won 3 super bowls?” Do you understand that? Morons like you HATE AL & he won 3 superbowls and led us to 5 appearances and countless success.

We were only the last laughing stock since our LAST Superbowl Appearance. BTW, how many teams that aren’t laughing stocks in the AFC have touched that? Furthermore, from 93 – 2002 there was only 1 season where we gawd awful. If we went 7-9 this year you will all hail Reggie as a messiah. Mike White does it, it’s a laughing stock, go figure.

Gruden left because he wanted to be GM too. He got that in Tampa and once he couldn’t live off McKay/Dungy’s coattails success he got fired, much like Shannahan did in Denver when Elway retired.

Also, enlighten me on how the 1995 Oakland Raider squad has any affect on what Shreg “inherited”.

BTW, I don’t live in the past. I was taught to know your history otherwise you’re doomed to repeat it.

Back to the original statement, which was “why would anyone hate a man that brought 3 superbowls.”

I think I got the answer now to it. it’s just a bunch of crybaby conformist indentured servant pussies who leached off Al’s success as their own. You know people like you.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

SnBG Says:
    Tebow would be a Warlock.

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout 2h
    Tom Brady leaves practiced with an injured knee…and it happens on Tim Tebow’s birthday. Tebow is a freaking witch, I tell ya.
    ====================================================

Maybe so. But that is different than a male witch.
    And I’ll not purport to have any further knowledge of the subject for fear of being crucified here.

• ElkGRaider

Partial tear now.

Did we already put him on the mid season IR?

• DJ Johnny

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    Wow. Is there a soul on this board supporting brisiel?

What a revelation.

How about a “Willie smith is not the answer” declaration?

Djjohnny–I think the team looked much better last week. They are on their way.

Me too. Who knows? Maybe Reggie can pick up someone decent when cuts start coming. The Kool-Aid speaking of course.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:30 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:29 pm
    VanHeathen30 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    Cue Reggies ‘I’m not gonna use injuries as an excuse, but we’ve had a lot of injuries’ comment…

===========

Yeah like the “you guys know the situation I came into”
    *********
    Because its, u know, the truth.

============

The same situation that 99% of ALL GM’s and/or coaches come into. Let me know how much Gruden cried his 1st year here of the “situation” he inherited.

• PilagingJustForFun

Compete!

• the famous dr robert

August 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    GhostToThePost Says:

I have no clue
    *********
    Now this is true.

• ElkGRaider

Levi Damien (@LeviDamien) tweeted at 3:46 PM on Wed, Aug 14, 2013:
    “@RG323: @LeviDamien If it is partially torn. Is recovery time the same?” — He’ll be placed on partial season IR. Min 8 games regardless

• chuck

• DJ Johnny

467, Civillian, Really the biggest blight has been those 7 years of hell since the SB in Jan 2003.

Raiders had a winning decade in the 90′s..meaning more winning seasons than losing…then Gruden…then…7 years of hell…then the two .500 seasons and then last yr’s 4-12.

No. It’s not excellence by any means…but really those 7 embarrassing years were the biggest splotch.

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    Wow. Is there a soul on this board supporting brisiel?

What a revelation.

How about a “Willie smith is not the answer” declaration?

Djjohnny–I think the team looked much better last week. They are on their way.
    *******************

Hell no…he stunk last year and is a ZBS guy…..doesn’t have strength as power blocking interior OL….come on if you were a d coord wouldnt you be salivating at the thought of your UT or 5 tech DE vs him?

• the famous dr robert

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

********
    Man U just have no clue.

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:49 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    GhostToThePost Says:

I have no clue
    *********
    Now this is true.
    ***************

HAHAHAHA…..yeah and you surely do lol….how’s Sac…er I mean Sunnyvale treatin ya? You visit your former players? They miss ya coach?

• Marks hair

so now we have to cut down to 52 guys and then ir deer and then resign a guy.. perfect..

• chuck

I hope veldeer comes back soon,I would rather start Lincoln Kennedy than Barron at lt.

• the famous dr robert

August 14th, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    Wow. Is there a soul on this board supporting brisiel?

What a revelation.

How about a “Willie smith is not the answer” declaration?

Djjohnny–I think the team looked much better last week. They are on their way.
    *******************

********
    Nobody likes brisiel. We all want him gone.

ElkGRaider Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:50 pm
    Levi Damien (@LeviDamien) tweeted at 3:46 PM on Wed, Aug 14, 2013:
    *******************

Hey be around .500 first half and you get Veldheer back…never know

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    Wow. Is there a soul on this board supporting brisiel?

What a revelation.

How about a “Willie smith is not the answer” declaration?

Djjohnny–I think the team looked much better last week. They are on their way.
    *******************

********
    Nobody likes brisiel. We all want him gone.
    ************************

Now we all agree

• Marks hair

it will be barnes at lt not barron.. ready…set…false start!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Someone said they would take cable over Allen any day and I agree,but Raiderduck said you must not care about winning.When has a 4-12 coach been a winner and I don’t want to here about he only had 1 year because that’s all we have to go on.”

Cable walks on water in Seattle right now the locals love him. He could sacrifice a small child to Satan and that fan base would not care.

Not saying he is a “PROVEN” NFL HC just sayin.

• mcfadden20.

I believe Veldheer will be back , if the guy can hulk up in like 4 months, pretty sure he won’t let that injury let him sit out many games

• chuck

Dj Johnny I agree before those 7 long years we had the best win percentage in history.last year did bring back memories of it.

• the famous dr robert

August 14th, 2013 at 3:52 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:49 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    GhostToThePost Says:

I have no clue
    *********
    Now this is true.
    ***************

*********
    U have said “How’s Sac treatin’ ya” about 200 times.

And always accompanied with lots of maniacal laughter, as if that was hilarious.

U have an MR fixation dude.

I haven’t visited my former players yet but we text in occasion. They’re in good hands with the new coaches.

• SnBG

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:46 pm
    SnBG Says:
    Tebow would be a Warlock.

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout 2h
    ====================================================

Maybe so. But that is different than a male witch.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I just looked it up and I stand corrected. I’ll be darned.

• Marks hair

8 games mac 20.. minimum.. non negotiable

• mcfadden20.

C’mon with Barron can’t play cuz he didn’t do well in past, have you guys never heard about a player becoming better in latter part of the year, plus you guys been hearing some good news about him in the camp

• Relentless

I can’t even joke about liking brisiel. He sucked. Period.

• SnBG

Oh Oh, wait a minute, maybe a male witch can be a Warlock.

A male witch is absolutely called a warlock. A wizard and sorcerer are different and all-though the three may overlap at times there are distinctions.

• mcfadden20.

I’m not that concerned about LT position, the team will be running a lot and Sparano will coach em up

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:57 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:52 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:49 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    GhostToThePost Says:

I have no clue
    *********
    Now this is true.
    ***************

*********
    U have said “How’s Sac treatin’ ya” about 200 times.

U have an MR fixation dude.

***************

I’m not only one who thinks it is…but I’ll play along with charade cuz its funny

Text on occasion? Ok…good hands? So that means they will be much better

• mcfadden20.

I believe Brisiel mentioned he was playing hurt most of the season , but he has to step up or Gurode going to take his place

• SR Raider

In more positive news, it looks like Brice Butler is stepping up to be the new WR. Hope he continues to progress the way he’s going now

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:00 pm
    *******************88

Coaching matters…yes players play but great coaching helps big time in football…Sparano will figure something out until JV is back

• GhostToThePost

August 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    GhostToThePost Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    No matter who we have to put at T…..Brisiel must be out at RG
    =============
    Barron, who stunk at RT, is now going to be in a LT?
    Oh lord.
    He might rival Kwame for penalties given up.
    ************************

===================================
    IMO, most important position, after the qb, is LT for a right handed qb.
    And we don’t have a solid LT.
    Or a solid RT.

And Barron hasn’t played since 2010?

Scary as hell for the qb.