Punch to the gut _ Veldheer has torn triceps

Jared Veldheer has a torn left triceps and coach Dennis Allen said it’s likely the Raiders best lineman will be placed on the injured reserve, designated for return list. That means the Raiders will be without their best offensive man and the blindside protector for quarterbacks Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor for at least eight games.

Allen would only say Veldheer’s absence would be a “significant” amount of time. The procedure for putting a player on the designated for return I.R. is to put Veldheer on the 53-man roster at the final cutdown. On the Tuesday preceding the season opener, Veldheer would go in the list, would be removed from the 53-man roster and the Raiders could sign another player.

Veldheer would be out six weeks and return to the team, but still would be unable to play for two more weeks. That would make the earliest possible date Veldheer could return would be Nov. 3 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Alex Barron, the former St. Louis Rams first-round draft pick who has mostly played right tackle in his career, will start for the Raiders against New Orleans Friday night.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• GhostToThePost

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    Good coaching find a way to overcome obstacles, sparano will coach up the new guy at LT , I think we will be fine
    =============
    I swear I remember that, lol.
    We know how that turned out.

• mcfadden20.

• Myopinion

Marks hair.
    I actually think if we keep holmes we have to cut to 51before resigning

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Reminds me of when Al signed Kwame, and some posters guaranteed that a oline guru like Cable would turn Kwame into a probowl player.
    I swear I remember that, lol.
    We know how that turned out.”

Limp wristed and an easy push over.

• GhostToThePost

Hamstrings a OC losing the LT like that, before the season even starts.

Lots of rollouts for the qb, just to keep him from getting blindsided.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Already calling Watson bust , smh, what happened to posters who said Hayden would never step on the field again, nowhere to be seen”

RIGHT HERE!

I said DJ Hayden would not play in many games if any this year.

We still do not know the answer to this as the season has not started so don’t go counting it as a victory yet preseason is a long month!

• mcfadden20.

GhostToThePost Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    =============
    I swear I remember that, lol.
    We know how that turned out.

Oh yah because a certain player didn’t turn out chances are the next wont turn out better either ? Yah great logic , do we have any other option? Barron has looked good in camp, it doesn’t matter against who , and the logical way is to predict his play based on this years camp and not what happened 3-4 years ago

• Chris in NY

Wow. Kwame. That dude was probably the worst o-lineman I’ve ever seen on the Raiders. Except maybe Willie Smith … another Reggie pickup.

• lefty12

Ghost-Lets see how things play out.The line could get shuffled.We might sign someone else.

• DutchRaider77

541.KoolKell Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    Lefty12 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Exactly Dutch-it happens all the time.Guys get 2nd chances and take advantage of them.As fans that is what we must hope for.Or else you can just have the sky is falling we’re doomed attitude.I’d prefer to play the hope card.
    ——————————————-
    I’m sure you two are hoping J Russell gets a second chance, yes?

___________________________________________________

Depends on the team, Broncos? I hope he goes down like mama cass!

• mcfadden20.

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

RIGHT HERE!

I said DJ Hayden would not play in many games if any this year.

Well atleast you weren’t dramatic and straight out said he won’t even step on the field in practice

• DutchRaider77

558.Chris in NY Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

___________________________________________________

Remember Cable?

Kwane was uh, too cerebral…

• Chris in NY

BTW, watching Hard Knocks last night got me all pizzed off again at the fact that we didn’t draft Margus Hunt. That dude is a monster.

• mcfadden20.

Chris In NY Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Not a lot of good Rts are walking around out there, what you want Reggie to do?? Pay a good RT when he couldn’t even afford to keep the player already on the team? Find a stud rt in draft with the first pick is basically an early 4th rounder?

• the famous dr robert

@CorkOnTheNFL: #Athletics make their way out to center field for team photo. Juice bags and orange slices afterward. http://t.co/het97NvvGB
    *******
    They make steroids in bags now?

• Chris in NY

He’s had two drafts and two free agency periods to bolster the line. Really the only two legitimately good players there were Al’s picks. Brisiel was his one big free agency splash last year and he’s prob the worst olineman on the roster aside from Willie Smith. And for those who credit him for Green Bay’s success, it’s only fair to point out that the GB offensive line has been considered one of the worst in the league for several years.

• inonewordraider

Remember Cable?

Kwane was uh, too cerebral…
    _______
    cable spent a lot of “extra” time with Kwame….

• inonewordraider

_________

he drafted Watson in the second and you have no idea how good or bad he’ll be, bergstrom will be the starting lg

• the famous dr robert

Chris In NY Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    *********
    Think for a minute.

GB has been successful with a poor line.

So if Reggie wants to win the GB way and has neglected the line, who cares?

YOU just said a poor line doesn’t mean u can’t win.

• lefty12

Pretty difficult to judge RMs Oline picks when his main pick has been injured.If he hadn’t gotten injured and was competing our line would look pretty good,IMO.Agreed on Brisiel but nobody is 100%.

• jesusraiderjim

I thought Bergs looked pretty serviceable in the last game.

• DJ Johnny

inonewordraider Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:45 pm
    Remember Cable?

Kwane was uh, too cerebral…
    _______
    cable spent a lot of “extra” time with Kwame….

Lol. Aww come on now.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    mcxcuse deserves it…

Mcxcuse ?? Said the guy who doesn’t want support the new management because under the last management we were so bright like 45-120 record

============

You realize that Shreg is being judged in relation to how his contemporaries do and not how his record compares to the the last 8 years of the previous GM right?

• mcfadden20.

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:54 pm
    Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    mcxcuse deserves it…

============

Hey yes because his contemporaries were all first time GMs, given keys to over paid do nothing athletes and had the salary cap mess , and the first pick in draft was a wary 4th rounder?

• Whoknows

****************************************
    Isn’t this 2013 and not 2012?

• Chris in NY

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:47 pm
    Chris In NY Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    *********
    Think for a minute.

GB has been successful with a poor line.

So if Reggie wants to win the GB way and has neglected the line, who cares?

YOU just said a poor line doesn’t mean u can’t win.

———————————–

If you have the best QB in the league and are loaded at WR and solid just about everywhere else you can. But I’m a big believer in having a good oline, especially if you want to run the ball.

And by no means am I writing Watson off. I like his upside and athleticism. But the book is still out on that one and I have no way to gauge his determination like a GM who meets with prospects, talks to scouts, coaches, etc would.

• Chris in NY

How many of his contemporaries were given the keys to a team that was 8-8 the two years before and had a strong head coach-QB combo already in place.

• the famous dr robert

Hue was a string head coach?

• Chris in NY

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 5:18 pm
    Hue was a string head coach?

————-

Hell yeah!

• 24

Figures…we haven’t even started the season and we’re already screwed.

This offense relies heavily on this offensive line and without it, we’re screwed!

• mcfadden20.

Glass hall empty guys are at it again, carry on see you guys Friday night

• The Big Banana

Partial tear? Any updates on recovery time?

• SnBG

I stepped out for a minute and the glass half empty poster are here. OK lets have it out.

EXTEND REGGIE NOW.

• PilagingJustForFun

This is SPARTA!!!

• SnBG

24 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    Figures…we haven’t even started the season and we’re already screwed.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    I don’t know about that, this offensive line was good at pass blocking last year and Hulk won’t be out that long. Sporano gives me hope and who ever is put at LT better step up there game or Sporano will be all over them.

• 0ak r8rs

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:46 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:29 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:15 pm
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

kinda like hating an
    owner that gave you 3 super bowl wins?

===========

I never understood that either. Yet, they get mad when you “hate” on the new GM. Go figure.

@@@@@@@@

Hrm. Maybe because he made us the laughing stock of the league for the better part of two decades? And even when he did manage to strike gold in Gruden he managed to screw that up as well and Gruden asked for a trade? I have a 26 year old kid. He was half a decade from being born the last time we won a Super Bowl.

Two haters stuck in the past.

Hrm. Who should we judge? A guy that screwed it up for 20+ years? Or the guy that’s had 18 months to fix 20 years of shlt? Couple of geniuses.

===========

If you knew how to read & comprehend, you’d see that I agreed with someone who said “why HATE a guy who won 3 super bowls?” Do you understand that? Morons like you HATE AL & he won 3 superbowls and led us to 5 appearances and countless success.

We were only the last laughing stock since our LAST Superbowl Appearance. BTW, how many teams that aren’t laughing stocks in the AFC have touched that? Furthermore, from 93 – 2002 there was only 1 season where we gawd awful. If we went 7-9 this year you will all hail Reggie as a messiah. Mike White does it, it’s a laughing stock, go figure.

Gruden left because he wanted to be GM too. He got that in Tampa and once he couldn’t live off McKay/Dungy’s coattails success he got fired, much like Shannahan did in Denver when Elway retired.

Also, enlighten me on how the 1995 Oakland Raider squad has any affect on what Shreg “inherited”.

BTW, I don’t live in the past. I was taught to know your history otherwise you’re doomed to repeat it.

Back to the original statement, which was “why would anyone hate a man that brought 3 superbowls.”

I think I got the answer now to it. it’s just a bunch of crybaby conformist indentured servant pussies who leached off Al’s success as their own. You know people like you.

@@@@@@@@@

I’m not getting into this w you. Your an old guard, closed minded, Al nut sucker just like Al_is. I will never see your point, because you r pointless. And I certainly am not going to expend any energy on trying to convince you, or on your period.

Skip.

• PilagingJustForFun

“Oh I’ve chosen my words correctly Persian, perhaps you should have done the same”!

• PilagingJustForFun

The team actually was able to line up correctly in their first preseason game!! That alone is winning!!

• Plunketthead

Some people will never know the awesomeness that was Al Davis :cry:

• SnBG

Al had some great years but man when he lost it he lost it pretty big. It sure was painful going through the lousy years with him after those golden years. If a HC did that many here would have called for his head. Reggie and DA come here and some want there heads after one year. Yet will swear by Davis. The mythical God of Football the couldn’t have fallen from Mt Davis. Davis fell and he fell hard and lost the pride and poise that blew in with the Autumn Wind

• Plunketthead

Al bent the commish over before it was cool to bend men over

• Plunketthead

That was a little too explicate.

• 0ak r8rs

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:36 pm
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

RIGHT HERE!

I said DJ Hayden would not play in many games if any this year.

@@@@@@@

Btw. One of those was me that said he MIGHT never step on the field again. And I’m wrong about that, sort of, sans the red jersey. We will see if we get game production consistently from him or not. With Watson unable to take the field, and Wilson on 4th string, the top end of this draft is looking pretty weak. You had to admit that? In our first preseason game, 3 out of 4 of our top 4 picks got a total of about 8 minutes. I expect it will be about the same next week.

I’m no ranting. Not yet. I’m trying to be patient and stay the course. But I’m not happy right now. And I’m not sure how anyone really could be. Not seeing anything positive from actually 4 out of our 5 top picks (assuming Murray is still out, why buck the trend?) Its NOT looking good. And this isn’t an indictment on Reggie. Only an idiot would blame Reggie for what has primarily been injuries (other than perhaps PREDICTING Hayden). But it’s bad news pretty much day in and day out.

If we can win Friday, it’ll show some consistency. Or even of we make a good showing. It’s just preseason so of course wins and losses aren’t a priority. But I think it’s at least a little important to this young team. For team building and confidence.

• SnBG

Plunketthead Says:
    August 14th, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    Al bent the commish over before it was cool to bend men over
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Ya, Al alienated everyone around him. Now we as fans pay the price.

• 24

New Post

• 0ak r8rs

Wait. Murray was 6th. Did we have a 5th? I forget.

• SnBG

Oak, will you apologize when Hayden has a good year?

• Plunketthead

I will stick with this

DAILY REMINDER
    Some people will never know the awesomeness that was Al Davis
    I shed a tear for the lack of knowledge :cry:

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    After one preseason game, C’mon. Holly molly. A tad dramatic don’t you think?

• SnBG

I know the greatness of Al and I know the horror of Al. I did not like the horror.