1,339

Will Raiders play it safe with Veldheer?

The torn left triceps sustained by Jared Veldheer, according to a Tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, is a “lesser form” of the same injury which sidelined Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith last season.

Coach Dennis Allen said putting Veldheer on the injured reserve list designated for return was “the direction we’re headed.” That would put Veldheer out a minimum of seven games, with the earliest possible return date Nov. 3 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Lewis missed the last 12 games of the regular-season with his injury. Smith missed two regular-season games then had a bye week before the playoffs. Both played in the postseason and were clearly affected by the injury.

If the Raiders think Veldheer could be back before seven games, they could always leave him on the 53-man roster. One thing to keep in mind is Veldheer is a 26-year-old left tackle with huge earnings potential down the road in a contact year should he come back strong. Lewis and Smith were players nearing the end of their careers playing at well under 100 percent for a chance at the Super Bowl.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• the famous dr robert

I can smell the fear in here.

• jumpnjiminy

One thing I gotta say about you Doc is you are a Raider fan. Why not root for Flynn? Don’t hope he flops, hope he wins games. That’s what being a fan is all about. And if he really does flop, yes, root for Pryor. I sure as hell did last season when they should have played him more toward the end of a hopeless season…

• Snow Flake

RaidO Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:56 pm
    Snow Flake Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    I’m telling you what. DA and Reggie have to start the people’s choice. FLYNN. we fans buy the tickets and pay for parking. We spend the money on concessions. We spend money in the city if Oakland. We support the team. If the majority of the fans want the 97 QB, then Reggie and DA have to listen. Boycott the games and the raiders go broke. It’s up to the fans. Start FLYNN to win. It’s the fans choice. DA is just a steward of this great franchise. It’s the fans call. FLYNN is the next Montana, Elway and Rogers combined. DA has no choice. The fans want FLYNN or we boycott. Suck on that.
    ———————-

If you have not notice yet most Raider fans want Pryor to start. Especially now with Veldheer out.

————————-

If the people’s choice is PRYOR then DA has to start him. We fans buy the tickets and expect to see what we pay for. If the people want PRYOR then DA must start him. I’m not going to spend $500 on game day to watch Flynn play. No f”’ing way. Start PRYOR or my money stays in my pocket.

• the famous dr robert

@AsherMathews: Very nice deep throw by Flynn to ausberry who couldnt quite come down with it

• Snow Flake

Jumpnjiminy Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

———-//

Dr r is scared if being wrong Einstein.

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

RaidO Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Back-N-Black Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Raiders coaches have accepted that Matt Flynn isn’t “going to have success throwing longer than 25 yards.”
    Per beat writer Vittorio Tafur, it’s been “clear all camp.” That’s absolutely embarrassing for an NFL quarterback, of course, but not a surprise. We already knew Flynn had one of the weakest, if not the weakest, arm in the league. This is just further evidence of how spectacularly weak the Raiders’ offense is going to be. Flynn has no one to throw to, and his inability to challenge farther than 25 yards down field is going to lead to stacked boxes for Darren McFadden. It’s a mess of a situation.
    ……..

I call absolute Bull Sh!t on this entire story.
    ———————–

Vic Tufur has gone to about every practice.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 14 Aug
    Flynn just not going to have success throwing longer than 25 yards, been clear all camp. Coaches have accepted that
    ….

I don’t care how many practices he has went to.

Until the games start and I see for myself what he’s capable of I am saying this is bullsh!t.

• the famous dr robert

@CorkOnTheNFL: Flynn with nice deep throw that Travionte Session catches in traffic.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

24 Says:

Throwing a deep ball vs being a successful QB…I think that’s the real question here. If you were a QB with a great arm but you didn’t win as a Raider…who cares?

Who was the last great deep ball/strong arm QB that was actually successful…a winner?

My guess would be Plunkett? It’s before my time so somebody has to speak up.
    =====================================================

Without googling, I seem to remember Wilson having a better QB rating and W/L record. He took a lot of vicious blind side hits without btching as well.
    Still, for whatever reason, never inspired confidence.
    Plunkett got the 2 big ones, though, and his deep ball was actually getting prettier and better ’till that azzhole 49er Jeff Stover did that piledriver with him.
    I was there that day with binos on that play.

• SnBG

DAs responsibility is to put the best team and players on the field. Period

• the famous dr robert

Jimmy–I AM 100% raider. If Pryor becomes the guy, I will root for him.

It’s my evaluation that Flynn is better by far.

People don’t like that.

• the famous dr robert

@LeviDamien: #Raiders send a message. First play of team sessions has Flynn deep TD bomb to Denarius.

• RaidO

Back-N-Black Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:02 pm
    RaidO Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Back-N-Black Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    ……..

I call absolute Bull Sh!t on this entire story.
    ———————–

Vic Tufur has gone to about every practice.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 14 Aug
    ….

I don’t care how many practices he has went to.

——————-

Flynn does have a weak arm. No BS about that.
    Sounds like his elbow still may be bad.

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

Man, I stay pizzed off every time I come in here over this Flynn vs Pryor racial bullsh!t on this board.

Snow Flake Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:02 pm
    Jumpnjiminy Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

———-//

Dr r is scared if being wrong Einstein.
    *******
    Lol. No fear necessary when u have truth on ur side.

• Just Fire Baby

I am sure the deep ball hasn’t been a focal point of camp.

But last preseason, Flynn unleashed a 55 yard pass in the preseason.

That is on film for all to see, so unless he is completely hurt, his 25 yard thing seems bogus to me.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

SnBG Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

DAs responsibility is to put the best team and players on the field. Period
    ————————————-
    Of course, doesn’t mean he knows who that is.

• Al_is_theraiders

oh no…rn flynn flop again?

• willy91137

Readers practice today?

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

……

Flynn just told Rotoworld to suck his d!ck! lol

• The Big Banana

—-

Hmm…Tafur with an agenda?

• SnBG

Well I watch the Detroit game with Flynn and he seemed to throw the ball well enough for more than 25 yrds. These writers are parrots. They listen to others that say Flynn can’t throw deep and without seeing his previous games make assumptions.

• RaidO

The Big Banana Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

—-

Hmm…Tafur with an agenda?
    ————————-

Greg Poppa who was a Pryor hater now a Pryor fan with an agenda?

• RaidO

Ron Jaworski: Matt Flynn is NFL’s worst starting QB

Everybody now has an agenda?

LOL

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Guess I should have googled it. Wilson’s #’s don’t look too good.

• Snow Flake

SnBG Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

——-

You’re assuming they are making assumptions.

Back-N-Black Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm
    *********
    Link?

• willy91137

We are the worst team in football don’t forget it

RaidO Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:10 pm
    The Big Banana Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

—-

Hmm…Tafur with an agenda?
    ————————-

Greg Poppa who was a Pryor hater now a Pryor fan with an agenda?
    **********
    Some people have agendas. Others are just stupid.

• RaidO

This seems to be the word on flynn. Bad elbow?

“The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident,” Jaworski said. “… In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die.”

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 14 Aug

• the famous dr robert

TaidO—I just posted several tweets about nice deep throws from Flynn.

But u WANT him to be bad.

• the famous dr robert

And then there are the stupid people with agendas.

The double whammy.

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 11:48 am
    Mike Shanahan said he’s never seen less pressure on his QB as he did last season.

**********************************

And yet, his QB left one game with a concussion, one with a knee sprain, and one playoff game with a blown out knee.

Pass on all that.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You had me at “playoff game”.

• RaidO

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    TaidO—I just posted several tweets about nice deep throws from Flynn.

But u WANT him to be bad.
    ———————–

Nope, just saying what he is. A weak armed dink n dunk QB who may still have a bad elbow. That will not work with this Raider offense.

• the famous dr robert

Debo—how’s that Russell comeback doing?

• xraided

oh c’mon rob do you have to ask?

it was all the raiders fault why no team wants him now. they completely ruined him…

• Snow Flake

If the fans want PRYOR then he must play. We go the the games and pay DAs salary. The fans use to want Flynn that’s why DA started him. Now the fans want PRYOR. there are a few Flynn apologists but not many left. The tide is turning.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Debo—how’s that Russell comeback doing?
    ————————————-

• DutchRaider77

1183.RaidO Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:24 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    TaidO—I just posted several tweets about nice deep throws from Flynn.

But u WANT him to be bad.
    ———————–

_____________________________________________

“So what it is”…is that Reggie Mckenzie is a complete retard for trading for a QB that cannot throw a ball more than 25 yards. That is what you are saying?

Sorry, but my hope is that Reggie McKenzie is a good GM. Makes wise decisions: good draft picks, trades and free Agent signings. I cannot understand all the hate and hope that Flynn is terrible…were than the Pryor hate.

I hope that Pryor starts, b/c he is the most dynamic player.

• xraided

RaidO Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    This seems to be the word on flynn. Bad elbow?

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 14 Aug

___________

rob’s right in the sense that we never see some of the best QB’s in the league throw a sh!t ton of deep balls… precision and accuracy are more important

if the receivers run the right route and get to their spot on time, we shouldn’t have a problem pushing down field

with that said, i think flynn will get killed behind this OL… looks almost as bad as our 06 season that Walter had to play behind. in fact i think Gallery would do better(then and now) at LT than Barron will… smh

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“You don’t have any kind of life? Or anybody in it? You’re here 24/7 with the most petty BS……………..”

WOW you and I actually agree on something!!!!!

The troll is annoying it posts every 2 minutes like a whacked out meth addict.

KoolKell Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Debo—how’s that Russell comeback doing?
    ————————————-
    *********
    See if u can follow this:

How would u know how often I’m here?

Answer: ur always here.

• xraided

KoolKell Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Debo—how’s that Russell comeback doing?
    ————————————-

___

i myself have a right to raz debo … he owes me $50 afterall! :)

• SnBG

Snow Flake Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

——-

You’re assuming they are making assumptions.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I’m assuming you will go and watch Flynnies game against Detroit before you can assume that I’m assuming that they are assuming to assume Flynnie can’t throw deep.

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

WOW you and I actually agree on something!!!!!

The troll is annoying it posts every 2 minutes like a whacked out meth addict.
    *********
    U talk about EVERY TIME ur here.

U come here just to see what I’ve said.

My BIGGEST fan.

Say my name b1tch.

I like how I’ve trained u to NOT say my name.

I’m like JR Ewing.

My fans are addicted to hating me.

They tune in just to see what I’m gonna say that will just drive them crazy.

I bet they talk about me at the water cooler at work.

• the famous dr robert

Silver tells everyone at his devil worship parties about me.

• the famous dr robert

Hey silver—the devil has plans to make u read my posts for eternity.

Enjoy.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Put the meth pipe down there little fella no one would post as much as you unless they are twacked out!

MistaBrown and Nurse Roberta teamed up yesterday there were a perfect couple!

They were both attacked for being trolls and helped each other out in defending themselves from us bloggers.

A Match Made in Heaven!

• xraided

if the devil existed …

• Breaking_Black

It’s so weird to see a Raider legend like Ron Bartell in a Lions uniform.