Raiders Bay Area News Group links

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, August 15th, 2013 at 6:10 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Travel day to New Orleans . . . a few links to stories in print and/or on the Web in Bay Area News Group papers:

To find out why it will be no Brees in the secondary for the Raiders against the Saints Friday night, click here.

To read about how Raiders coach Dennis Allen has borrowed heavily from Saints coach Sean Payton, click here.

To read Tim Kawakami’s column about why this team is a better fit for Allen, click here.

For a link to Friday’s noontime chat that I’ll be conducting from New Orleans, click here.

(There’s a noontime chat on the 49ers as well, which I’m guessing is of interest to exactly zero people who read this blog).

Raider Riff Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 8:36 am
    787. It was pretty hilarious.
    ********
    I thought so too.

• Just Fire Baby

how does a back up QB with two career starts get tendonitis…what’s going to happen when he plays 16 games in a season…

******************************

I don’t think it will be put to the test.

Flynn’s body strikes me as one that will not stand up to 64 quarters of NFL football.

40 might be pushing it.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

SnBG Says:
    Did you see Cenote Azul when you drove down by Bacalar?
    ====================================================

Probably. My better half has a passion for them and we visited many and swam in more than a few. If I bothered opening a google map, my memory might be refreshed.

@JFB

who cares if Flynn has the build of a 14 year old boy?

Tony Sparano’s mastermind O-Line won’t allow him to be touched. Aren’t you the one always telling folks just how GOOD our line is and how OL in general is overrated because skill position “playmakers” determine the win/loss column ??

FWIW – I agree with you

• SnBG

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:21 am
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Flipping all of his critics off.

• Just Fire Baby

Yes skill positions matter more, but life of a QB is that you are going to get hit.

I was pleasantly suprised he got up rather quickly after getting steamrolled last week.

Shouldn’t take many much harder hits than that.

Been thinking though.

Riff clearly thought I was “serious” and made a comment about my being unchristian.

Interesting for an atheist to say but perhaps I should set a better example.

So I will try to be a kinder, gentler doctor. Improve my bedside manner, so to speak.

I will try not refer to the Pryor Brigade as idiots, morons, retards, cretins, etc.

After all, it’s not their fault. Lol.

But it is interesting that my many (few) detractors all hate me for one common reason:

My stance on Pryor. It’s a free Raider Nation (don’t us that term often, a little cliche) after all.

So bring on the attacks. They’re always fun.

Just remember to:

Say My Name……Sweeties.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Figure it out fk face.
    _____

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:19 am

How does one stumble across the information that Gene Simmons and Geddy Lee are jewish?

• the famous dr robert

@VicTafur: More Reece on Flynn: “He has a good command, a high football IQ and he is getting used to our tendencies. That takes a little time.”

U will see. U will see.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Vick has completed 13 of 15 passes for 199 yards this preseason. If he keeps playing like that, he and Kelly are going to have a whole lot of fun together.

———————————————-
    Pretty good for a low-life “running QB”

• the famous dr robert

@_Go_DJ_: Finally beat level 65 on candy crush !!!! Whoop!
    ********
    This guys not likely to get arrested anytime soon.

@Dr Bob

what type of stats should we expect from Bart Starr tonight?

#15 Flynn has to show you or blow you, right?

@Kell

just remember that I wanted Mike Vick in Oakland post dog fighting scandal

• the famous dr robert

Weird how all the guys who go on and in about me being here “all the time” were here late last night saying it and…….are here again this morning!

Oh well. They must have had a rough nights sleep worrying about me.

Xoxo

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:30 am
    @Dr Bob

what type of stats should we expect from Bart Starr tonight?

#15 Flynn has to show you or blow you, right?
    ********
    Lol. Not bad rockstar. Not bad.

90+ rating.

• No Mas Diamante

The racist troll didn’t hang himself after all. Not sure how I feel about that. The meltdown was epic tho. Hilarious.

• the famous dr robert

The other guy will be under 75.

That’s my prediction.

• RaiderRetribution

Huge test tonight.

No Mas Diamante Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:33 am
    ********
    I wonder how many u Gossip Girls use “meltdown” in real life.

Cracks me up. That’s what mommies say. But u are “the girls”.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:19 am

- – - – - – - – - – - —

MistaBrown Says:

Figure it out fk face.
    ==================================================

I bet your bookmarks would make for interesting reading.

• the famous dr robert

@Jim_Veldheer: Jared is in surgery now. Please pray for his speedy recovery. #raiders
    *******
    God has other things in His mind buddy.

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:35 am
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:19 am

- – – – – – – – – – – —

MistaBrown Says:

Figure it out fk face.
    ==================================================

I bet your bookmarks would make for interesting reading.
    ********
    “Jewish rock stars of the ’70′s”.

Great site.

• Just Fire Baby

Supposedly Jim Veldheer reads the comment sections.

Jerry told us so in a live chat once.

Crazy right-wingers and Amway people.

• No Mas Diamante

Priceless high pitched screaming ” listen to me ” ranting meltdown.

• the famous dr robert

“The Girls” claim they hate my presence here but in the next breath say how hilarious my supposed meltdown was.

Well which is it?

Seems we know the answer, given ur complete inability to stop talking about me.

Btw, be sure to get next week’s copy of “People’s 100 Most Famous Bloggers”.

I clock in at #8. A little disappointing but I KNOW u guys can help me climb to #1.

I’m counting on u girls.

• REALLIONAIREB

I didn’t think it was possible but they have us at a 0% chance to when the Super Bowl 0% !!!!

No Mas Diamante Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:40 am
    Priceless high pitched screaming ” listen to me ” ranting meltdown.
    *******
    U can hear the blog?

Uh oh. Better get checked out.

But thanks for talking about me. Again. And again. And again.

• willy91137

MistaBrown Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:16 am
    Gallop poll says 62% disapprove of Hussein. So 38% of the public is either brain dead (see this blog) zombies or refuses to be informed.
    _______

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:03 am

yeah willy, only a crazy person would think Prez BO isn’t doing a fantastic job. Pfft.

open your eyes, u old skank

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The president is only one branch of the government
    the United States Congress has passed no bills
    they do absolutely nothing except go on vacation my eyes are open
    and I can see the United States Congress do absolutely nothing

• No Mas Diamante

Hey racist troll. How do u know I’m even talking about you? There are other trolls here who make u look like the amateur that u r. Lol

Ok. That’s all folks.

See u at game time (maybe).

In the meantime, for all things Doctor Robert, be entertained by the soothing convos of “The Gossip Girls”.

Topic: The Man they Love to Hate.

• Just Fire Baby

I love Congress is the all mighty powerful branch today.

Were they from 2006 to 2009 when the country went in the toilet?

No Mas Diamante Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:45 am
    ********
    Lol. Well u WERE talking about me. As always.

But I’m glad u like the “professional” trolls. Seeing as how I’m just an amateur troll.

But seriously. I gotta roll. If u must talk about me, engage one if the other Gossip Girls.

I guess ur more of a Gossip Señorita but still.

• the famous dr robert

Wait did u just call me racist?

Thems fighting words!

• No Mas Diamante

Laughing at ur pathetic incessant moronic posts. Your “only white guys can play qb!” Is patently offensive to many. Seriously tho thanks for the laughs . Hilarious.

• Just Fire Baby

No mas,

No mas. Stay out of it bro, your better then that.

• JLofty

Pryor needs some time with the ones tonight for an honest assessment. ..

No Mas Diamante Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 9:52 am
    ******
    I never said anything remotely close to that.

Why lie?

• the famous dr robert

Jfb— no he’s not. Spreading and repeating blatant lies makes him sh1t.

Pryor needs some time with the ones tonight for an honest assessment. ..

***

co-signed

we’ll see if this is truly an “open” competition

#6 had a rough practice 1 day this week though, so who knows if they feel he’s “earned” it?

Cue loser bot.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Cue loser bot.

Bad idea.

• Al_is_theraiders

i wanna see ausberry get the ball more…

• Just Fire Baby

Pryor needs some time with the ones tonight for an honest assessment. ..

********************************

I would like to see that as well.

If the worry is that the freak athlete is relying a bit too much on freak athleticism, being against the non-freakiest of athletes as opponents just stunts his growth, IMO.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 10:02 am
    i wanna see ausberry get the ball more…

==========================================

He may or may not even make the team…

• VanHeathen30

someone from the TE group needs to step up and grab that starting job…no reason it shouldn’t be Ausberry.

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 10:02 am
    Cue loser bot.

Bad idea.
    ******
    I agree

But u know he will be hot in my heels, telling us all how he hates racist, non-football troll posts.

Meanwhile posting lying non-football toll posts.

But hey. That’s “the girls” for ya.

Bring it.

• No Mas Diamante

I know I should stay away from the trolls. But I work hard. I have been coming here for years now. I look forward to catching up on team and reading people’s viewpoints and opinions . I hate it when trolls ruin that experience. Won’t engage further.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

VanHeathen30 Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 10:08 am

=====================================

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see us run a lot of 2-TE sets with Rivera on the left; he can chip down the RE as he’s leaving the line, giving Barron an extra half-second to set up.