Live chat: Inside the Oakland Raiders, 12 p.m. Friday

By cestrella
Friday, August 16th, 2013 at 11:16 am in Oakland Raiders.

Join beat writer Jerry McDonald for a noon live chat in preparation for Friday evening’s preseason match-up between the Oakland Raiders and New Orleans Saints.<br>

<iframe src=’http://embed.scribblelive.com/Embed/v5.aspx?Id=172075&ThemeId=5802′ width=’475′ height=’600′ frameborder=’0′ style=’border: 1px solid #000′></iframe>

• SnBG

This the first Preseason in awhile I’ve acually been interested in seeing. All the new faces and for once we have a real competitive camp.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

JLofty Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    They have pizza in England? Isn’t that heretical according to the COE?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Romans were Italian. They brought it with them.

• SnBG

I just don’t see it with Tyler. Arm talent and leadersip, that is what I am all about with “my” type of QB’s.

Think he is lacking severely in both, but he does seem to have some riverboat gambler in him which could make him a quality backup.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Have you seen enough of Wilson to say that? Honest Q because I haven’t.

• JLofty

I wanna see some type of defense against Brees tnite. HAVE to show something. The Romo-Dez type hookups were NOT promising last week and Brees is no Tony Romo…

• Just Fire Baby

We will see more of him for sure, and the book certainly isn’t closed.

But up until now, I have seen enough “Film” on Wilson to give a flimsy opinion on a message board, yes.

• Marks hair

I think it’s too late for ford the show he can be durable.. he just missed too much time.. too many times. we all know he won’t be healthy for more than a month at a time

• PilagingJustForFun

Pryor or bust

• ENGLANDRAIDER

SnBG Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree.
    This is the first year in a long time where I feel like we learned some lessons and that we’re starting to build a competitive team.

Not this year but I’m looking forward to seeing certain players.

Last year I actually felt the same and then McKenzie/Allen hired Knapp.
    Recall coming on here and damning that to hell on the day of the announcement but I sure wasn’t alone.

• SnBG

Right now I’m so tired of watching NFL Total Access because the spend to much time on teams like the crappy Jets and then can’t even name the QBs for the Raiders. Very unprofessional of them as a Network dedicated to the NFL.

• lefty12

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    According to all the scribes he has the best arm on the team.His problems are supposedly not knowing the playbook and confidence.Makes you wonder if he didn’t come into camp with a big head and now DA is putting him in his place.I don’t think we can give up on him after less than a month of practice.

• Relentless

This is fords last year. Contract year. If we don’t cut him this year im pretty sure we won’t resign him. And I don’t know a team that’s gonna wanna pickup a Smurf injury prone receiver and pay him big buku bucks.

• Marks hair

f nfl net. they probably still think Wilsons gonna start..

• SnBG

I agree, Wilson supposedly has an arm that can make all of the throws. Some people develop differently and I can’t see the Raider giving up on him.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

SnBG Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Have you seen enough of Wilson to say that? Honest Q because I haven’t.
    =============================================

Wilson probably has the best arm of any of the four Q’s on the roster. That is not the problem. Right now, the game is just too fast for him. Allen and Olsen threw a lot at the Q group and Flynn and Pryor are vets and picked it up, McGloin did a nice job as well, but Wilson has been lagging. Hence the demotion.

• Al_is_theraiders

how many sacks will the dline get tonight?

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    how many sacks will the dline get tonight?

======================================

A few starters out, running a plain vanilla D? Probably not many.

• SnBG

Rex Ryans act is getting old. He needs to shut up or put up. I’ve never been a fan of the Ryan family. All a bunch of blowhards.

• Just Fire Baby

According to all the scribes he has the best arm on the team.

*************************

Strong arm doesn’t always mean “Arm talent”.

Arm talent is all that stuff, quick release, throws a tight catchable spiral, strong arm, very accurate, make the 20 yard throw over the LB but under the Safety, throw with a muddy pocket and can’t use much if any lower-body, dump off a pass with a lineman hanging on you, throwing on the run, throwing accurately on the run.

Usually guys with high levels of “arm talent” don’t fall into the mid 4th round.

It DOES happen, but it is more the exception not the rule.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    This makes sense about Wilson.

• Marks hair

Wilson had a few mechanical problems and pocket presence problems in college.. and he wasn’t playing in a system like ours.. hardly ever under center. he was always going to be a project.. which is why I didn’t want to draft him

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

According to all the scribes he has the best arm on the team.

*************************

Strong arm doesn’t always mean “Arm talent”.

It DOES happen, but it is more the exception not the rule.
    ============================================

Did you see Matt Barkeley last night? Good zip, good reads, could throw the outside ball, nice touch…..and he lasted til the 4th.

• SnBG

Well according to everything I’ve read Wilson was projected as a 1rst rnd prospect but last year with all of the turmoil he had a bad season and fell in the draft.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Interesting.
    Riverboat gambler? It helps if the starting QB has that.
    I also think it’s an important quality for a QB to have.
    Stabler definitely had that riverboat gambler element.

In my opinion Wilson has leadership but you could argue about it all day long.

We should keep Wilson around. McGloin is outshinging him right now but the guy had an advantage in that he had pro-style experience in college.

• Marks hair

that and small hands is a giant red flag for me

Marks Hair Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    So does Pryor yet we are working with him. I say you can’t have enough QBs and we are building so why not take a guy with a lot of upside as a project.

• Marks hair

he was throwing to 3 wide receivers that are now in the pros.. without them he wasn’t so great.. + he had a red flag and that’s why he’s in the fourth round

• Marks hair

I just didn’t see Wilson as the BPA.. or a need. or worthy of a 4th.. im fine with an undrafted qb like McGloin..

• Just Fire Baby

3 drafted WR’s on his Hogs 2011 team.

Anyone ever heard of something like that?

I racked my brain, couldn’t come up with one.

• SnBG

Wilson had a great 2011 season then the next year all hll broke loose. He threw for 28 TD and had some great stats. I don’t think we should give up on a guy like him.

Yes RRS…Seyi was in for a workout…I was obviously told way before media spewed it…and my cousin just told me they signed him! Happy for him

• willy91137

If you were a defensive coordinator and you had to play the Raiders which quarterback would you want to see start

I’m sure 90% of defensive coordinators would save Matt Flynn

I’m sure Dennis Allen knows that most defensive coordinators would not want to face Pryor

• willy91137

SnBG Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:19 pm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    There is a lot of quarterbacks that can play college football but they can’t make the pros how many first round picks have there been that were busts that were tremendous quarterbacks in college

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Willy91137 Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I’m sure 90% of defensive coordinators would save Matt Flynn

————————-
    I’m not so sure what DA knows.

MR….er I mean Nurse Roberta…good call today while your fat ass was stuffing a hoagie down your throat….takes real talent to nail it lol….my god you are one sad mthfka….no friends…no “touch” from a woman….no life except this blog….we really feel sorry for you…smh

• rediaR

Willy91137 Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I’m sure 90% of defensive coordinators would save Matt Flynn

—————————————
    I don’t think they are scared of Pryor. Lets wait until he consistently makes good decisions and accurate throws.

• SnBG

If I’m a Def coor, I’m looking at Pryor and saying. Just cover his primary receiver and he will make a mistake. So what if he runs. We’ll set the edge, play disciplined ball and bring the house down on him.

• Marks hair

231 d coordinators will have to plan for both

• rediaR

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    —————————
    You’re in the wrong thread. Please go spew your nonsense in already ruined blog posts.

• mcthompso

3 pro receivers for the 2011 razorback teams? Yeah…Jairus Wright is the best of the bunch, with Joe Adams probably being the next most productive as a return man. Greg Childs was the other one.

I’ve read that tidbit a lot in here. Just figured we needed full disclosure on it.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Marks hair Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    wish I could see it live.. nflnet for me.. ill just chill with friends and stay away from updates till then.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tvpc.com has someone saying (under “other sports”) that will run it live at 12:00 which would central European time.

• SnBG

Defensive Coor’s are saying, make Pryor beat us with the pass.

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t think any DC is scared of playing either Flynn or Pryor.

In fact, I am pretty sure most DC’s are looking forward to it, at least no.

Flynn could Pennington-them to death I guess, and TP could run around like a madman for a few months.

Could happen.

But most DC’s fear playing a guy like Peyton and Brees, who call out the DC’s blitz pre-snap and the DC is already crapping his pants knowing he is about to give up a big play.

RediaR Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    —————————
    *************

no I’m in right thread good sir….nonsense? Please spare me your drivel RetardiaR..I’ll say what I want and you will do nada about it…skip over post if you so upset about it….real simple

• Just Fire Baby

Suprised we haven’t got a report from our good buddy 504 Raider yet.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

I’m devastated JMac didn’t field my question about the ‘Incredible Shrinking Man’ Matt Flynn!

SnBG Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:27 pm
    Defensive Coor’s are saying, make Pryor beat us with the pass.
    *****************

What did they tell you exactly?

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:30 pm
    Suprised we haven’t got a report from our good buddy 504 Raider yet.
    *********************

Yeah really…him or NOLA Raider at least…sure they will hit us up soon

• Just Fire Baby

If Pryor reads read-option today, I am sure he will, will be interesting to see if he breaks any tackles.

So far, his speed is very impressive, he gets that half step and turns the corner on him.

But he is really big, and not that much wiggle to him, the first defender in his crosshairs seems to get him in the chest about everytime.

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:31 pm
    SnBG Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 2:27 pm
    Defensive Coor’s are saying, make Pryor beat us with the pass.
    *****************

What did they tell you exactly?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    This a speculative convo idiot, follow the post and save you’re troll act for another blog.

• willy91137

The thing about prior is that he will make some mistakes and Flynn is probably more steady your defeats end better not let pryor get around him with Flynn is pretty much standing there

Pryor was to start and play all season think how much better he wood be next year

I wish somebody would ask Alan if he was the D coordinator again which quarterback he would want to face I bet he was sidestepped that one