Veldheer’s dad says surgery went well

Jim Veldheer, the father of Raiders tackle Jared Veldheer, tweeted Friday “Jared is in recovery. All went well. Praise the Lord.’’

Veldheer underwent surgery to repair a torn left triceps and likely be placed on the designated for return injured reserve list, meaning the earliest he could return would be in the eighth game of the season on Nov. 3 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Raiders won’t make that move until cutting the roster to the final 53, with Veldheer included in that number. He would then be placed on injured reserve, taking him off the roster, and the Raiders can add another player.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• SaintKaufman

Oh sure, another ‘source’!

• Marks hair

get well soon

Saint! What’s the deal man?

• Just Fire Baby

The Veldheer’s are AMWAY people are just read on Jim’s twitter account.

Stay very far away……..

Derek Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:01 pm
    same applies to Little Richard. Not many living souls still listen to Elvis or Little Richard. Especially in the groups under 65
    *************************

Not many living souls have appreciation for great musicians that helped paved the way for future

• SaintKaufman

Frickin football on Friday, that’s what!!
    Raiders gonna lay some wood tonight.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    The Veldheer’s are AMWAY people are just read on Jim’s twitter account.

Stay very far away……..
    ***************

And?

SaintKaufman Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    Frickin football on Friday, that’s what!!
    Raiders gonna lay some wood tonight.
    ****************************************

And I approve of this message…under 2 hours

• inonewordraider

jareds pops reads the blog

he must love mistas commentary among others as he’s a staunch conservative

either way, veldheers a fine member of the nation, hope he comes back healthy and re-signs

• SaintKaufman

Got some kitchen knives from an Awmay friend. They are badass! Not Amway friends, the kitchen knives.

• Plunketthead

Plunketthead Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    My jr high school buddy tried to smuggle a kilo into LAX and did time at Lompoc with Chuck. He got to jam with him a couple times and had pics to prove it.

That was the proudest thing in his entire life

• http://ho-lee-fuk 909RaiderLifer

Johnny f@ucking Cash…

THE Baddest of them all!….

• SaintKaufman

I’m a little concerned about Allen’s thought on Murray. Could he be 2013′s Taiwan Jones??

• Al_is_theraiders

anyone else wanna predict how many sacks are vaunted dline will get?

909RaiderLifer Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm
    Johnny f@ucking Cash…

THE Baddest of them all!….
    *********************************

Woooooo….man tough to dispute…Johnny was a cold MF for sure…good call 909

• Just Fire Baby

Amway folks are just weird, that is all.

I like that Veldheer’s dad as a very active twitter account though.

How many current players have dads tweeting all the time?

• backstageatapuppetshow

Wishing #68 a speedy recovery….

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm
    anyone else wanna predict how many sacks are vaunted dline will get?
    *************************

2-3….but when will they occur?

• SaintKaufman

Just can’t dig the 50′s stuff. I love Ray Charles, Motown and the blues but the 50′s RnR is kinda….dunno. Chuck is a bad guitarist though, I’ll give him that.

• Plunketthead

JERRY
    Welcome back you real blog pimp. I will never, ever, ever complain about you again

• Just Fire Baby

anyone else wanna predict how many sacks are vaunted dline will get?

*******************************

1.5 from D-line
    3 total

All in 2nd half

• Whoknows

Lefty12 Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    The HC has more things to worry about than the back-up long snapper.That is the special teams coaches job.
    ****************************
    But yet he is worried about it now, so much so that he has Cribbs practicing it.

• Just Fire Baby

I mean seriously, all Brady talk to lead off sportscenter?

I mean I could see if he is hurt, but he is fine, WTF are we talking about here?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

anyone else wanna predict how many sacks are vaunted dline will get?
    ================================================

I don’t think our vaunted Dline is going to be out there again tonight.

• lefty12

Whoknows Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:13 pm
    Lefty12 Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    ****************************
    =======================
    Whatever.We now have a good ST coach.But I see where you are coming from-any reason to hate DA-OK.Hate all you want,he likely isn’t going anywhere.

• SaintKaufman

Seymour Bush Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

anyone else wanna predict how many sacks are vaunted dline will get?
    ================================================

I don’t think our vaunted Dline is going to be out there again tonight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Zactly!

SaintKaufman Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:13 pm
    Just can’t dig the 50’s stuff. I love Ray Charles, Motown and the blues but the 50’s RnR is kinda….dunno. Chuck is a bad guitarist though, I’ll give him that.
    **********************************

LOL i hear ya…..i can still appreciate it….but i wont lie the 60s changed music forever

• RaidingTexas

Just Fire Baby Says:

The Veldheer’s are AMWAY people are just read on Jim’s twitter account.

Stay very far away……..

——————————

What is it with religious people and MLMs? I’ve known several that were all caught up in the vitamin and cookware scams.

• Al_is_theraiders

ok then, hiw many will reggies vaunted backups fet?

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Its easy to blame DA for Knapp and the long-snapper fiasco,but looking at the hires he made this year I still believe he wouldn’t have hired Knapp if he had more options.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That’s true Lefty.
    No coach wanted to come here assistant or otherwise.

Even so, it seemed obvious to me that Knapp had already failed here with many of the same players and had to be replaced in play calling by Cable-with Al’s approval-because he was so bad.

On top of that you have the installation of a system that won’t even work with your QB and McFadden.

Personally, I’m giving Allen a pass for last year. Let’s face it, he and McKenzie inherited one damn mess.
    The coaching hires this year are a real improvement.
    We’ll see how it works out but I believe Allen will be here next year.

• Plunketthead

This was interesting

by jmcdonald 12:10 PM He’s a guy that can apply pressure but not necessarily a sack guy. Ideally, I think he’s more of a three-technique DT.

Our pass rush is a disaster. I spoke with Houston when he was in LA, very nice guy but he’s not a DE pass rusher. he needs to be inside or in 3-4, your thoughts? (my buddy is his agent’s rep)

Glenny my boy….if pryor does well and scores TDs tonight…how upset will you be?

I remember you hated JLH and was upset he scored a TD in a preseason game vs Sea back in 2010…any repeat?

• lefty12

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

anyone else wanna predict how many sacks are vaunted dline will get?
    =
    I don’t think our vaunted Dline is going to be out there again tonight.
    ============================
    Agreed,plus who cares it is a practice game.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:04 pm
    I am a 33 year old Elvis and Little Richard fan,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Penniman was actually pretty fuk’n good. That guy can really play the piano.

Plunketthead Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:19 pm
    This was interesting

*****************************

Plunkett…you remember me and another poster arguing this same thing?

• Whoknows

********************************
    I like the hiring of April. I’m not hating, I’m just not ready to give him a pass just because he fired the same guys he hired. It’s a good start but I need to see a little more.

Plunkett….is it safe to score another one for the B@uce?

• http://ho-lee-fuk 909RaiderLifer

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 19h
    Listening to the stylings of Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate Blues Bar. And it’s not false advertising. He’s really big. Bourbon St.

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 4h
    Unlike Super Bowl week, when line was out the door, you can walk right into Butcher in NOLA warehouse district and get a porkbelly sandwich.
    “““““““““““““““““““““““““““`
    JerryMac, may not care for pre-season football. But, he sure didn’t seem to mind “having” to go on this roadie….

• Plunketthead

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    It beats preaching and theres a pew full of folks looking to have their bellys filled

• ENGLANDRAIDER

“Veldheer’s dad says surgery went well”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Glad to here it dad.
    The guy should only come back when he’s ready.

• Kirk

Raiders football tonight!

Even fat boy Jerry think Houston’s skill set mirrors that of a UT….jeez guess I lack any sort of football knowledge lol

• Whoknows

That’s true Lefty.
    No coach wanted to come here assistant or otherwise.

The coaching hires this year are a real improvement.
    We’ll see how it works out but I believe Allen will be here next year.
    *************************************
    Why would no coach want to come here last year but suddenly do this year?
    There are only so many NFL jobs, not often are they turned down.

• Al_is_theraiders

your right preseason doesnt matter….again….just like last year….

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 19h

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fuk you Jerry.

• Kirk

“The first priest was the first rascal that met the first fool.”
    - Voltaire

909RaiderLifer Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 19h

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 4h
    “““““““““““““““““““““““““““`

****************************

Fat man gotta eat…I always thought Jerry should host that Man vs Food show

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:23 pm
    your right preseason doesnt matter….again….just like last year….
    *******************

LOL

• RaidingTexas

909RaiderLifer Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 19h

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd 4h
    “““““““““““““““““““““““““““`

—————————–

That Cochon Butcher place is supposed to be the bomb. I’ll be in NO mid-Sep and will try to get over there.

• Plunketthead

Plunkett…you remember me and another poster arguing this same thing?

That’s why I posted it, almost put your name on it
    ##########################
    Plunkett….is it safe to score another one for the B@uce?

another?