Raiders notes, quotes

The Raiders are getting into their regular-season mode three days before training camp ends.

They began preparations for the Chicago Bears Monday as they would if it were a regular season game. Practice started at 11:15, concluded after two hours and players had a post-practice lunch and meetings schedule as if it were September.

“We’re trying to get into the rhythm and flow of what we’ll do in the regular season and get guys to begin to get into their routine,” Raiders coach Dennis Allen said.

– Defensive tackle Vance Walker, out with an undisclosed injury, was back at practiced but being eased in, Allen said. Same goes for wide receiver Jacoby Ford, whose strained hamstring withstood a strong workout the previous day and was cleared to practice.

– Cornerback D.J. Hayden practiced in pads for the first time. He didn’t deliver or take any big blows, but Hayden did intercept a pass in seven-on-seven drills.

“It felt like a normal practice for me, and it’s good to feel normal again,’’ Hayden said.

Hayden will start against Chicago, but Allen isn’t sure how long he’ll play.

“I haven’t put a number on it yet,” Allen said. “I anticipate him going out there and starting the game and we’ll see how he is from a football shape standpoint and see what he can do.”

Hayden will have a chance to get physical against the Bears, especially if lined up against Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

– The Raiders are holding fort for now with left tackle Alex Barron, right tackle Khalif Barnes and reserve Willie Smith for now, with Tony Bergstrom also getting time at tackle after being a guard for the better part of last season and through training camp this season.

Allen said it’s conceivable that rookie Menelik Watson, when sufficiently recovered from a calf injury that has kept him out for all but a few drills on a single day of camp, will get a shot at left tackle when he returns. Watson has just 19 games of football experience at Saddleback College and Florida State.

– If the Raiders game is blacked out against Chicago, it will be shown on tape-delay on KICU (Channel 36) locally at 10 p.m. If it is sold out, the game will be on live on KTVU (Channel 2). The NFL Network has an 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. slot for the game, but it would be blacked out in the Raiders local area.

– Right guard Mike Brisiel, recovering from a knee injury, went through warmups and drills but did not participate in team sessions. Wide receiver Juron Criner remains out with an undisclosed injury, as does running back Latavius Murray.

– The Raiders practice Tuesday and Wednesday in Napa, breaking camp after the Wednesday practice.

– Raiders Hall of Fame cornerback Willie Brown will meet with veterans Tuesday at 4 p.m. at the California Veteran’s Home in Yountville.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DutchRaider77

698.MR..realest of the real, stickiest of the icky Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 10:43 am
    lol. A lot of people from this website and RF.net recognized me, Dutch. Guess you tried to get a bunch of people to get your back and couldn’t do it. Why not just man up and say what you have to say to me? I was there with my youngest brother, who weighs 100 lbs. soaking wet.

__________________________________________________

Man…just kidding, like I really want to fight you or yell and scream at you (well not at the moment anyways). Just wondering if it was really you or not…you know the blog “legend.”

• willy91137

SaintKaufman Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 10:36 am
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    It’s not enough the team to look too good this year but this freaking blog

have to keep messing with R minds

it’s not that I want Gruden I think Mark Davis would like to have Gruden if he fires DA

which he was close to doing last year I hear

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

EXCELLENT POST BY TRAPP @ 240!!!!!

i saw it almost exactly the same way, flynn failed to recognize blitz on several plays , had jittery feet, and was inaccurate with clean pockets.

He did not read the field and even locked in on targets like running backs running 3 yard routes!!!

He couldnt call out the line for being blown up because

he was being called out by the entire team and sideline for missing wide open guys and panicking in the pocket.

He also displayed zero leadership ability and instead looked like a child about to cry while daddy takes off his belt to spank him.

This is why i scream to let pryor play with the 1′s

Flynn had several opportunities with a clean pocket but crapped his pants.

people were hard on jc for checking down in the face of a rush, BUT THEY SAY NOTHING ABOUT FLYNN CHECKING DOWN IN THE FACE OF A STIFF BREEZE?!?!?

gIVE PRYOR THAT KIND OF POCKET AND HE WILL MAKE THE READS AND THE THROWS.

Looked like flynn simply executed the plays as called with out making a single audible or line call.

Pryor was directing traffic and executing at the line pre snap, and seems to be waaaaaay ahead of flynn in the pre snap adjustments.

I guarantee flynn wont make it past 4 games starting

he will suck badly and may get hurt

I mean there were times when it looked like team mates wanted to punch him in the face

This looks even worse than he did in Seattle

break out the butter, the phlegm led raiders are toast!!

Funny but trap postyed an awesome analysis NAD ALMOST NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH IT OR COMMENT?~?~?

• the famous dr robert

DutchRaider77 Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 10:37 am
    691.MR..realest of the real, stickiest of the icky Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 10:32 am
    I have a white MaddenRaider jersey, no. 72. I was at Niners Raiders preseason in ‘11, the one with all the drama. I saw Brien. There was your chance to say what you had to say to me, and you’re calling me a poser? lol.

________________________________________________

No, not calling you a poser, only wanted to know if I had really saw the legendary “MR” at a Raiders game or if it was someone else…I saw you in the distance, entering the gate with the Jersey on.

By the time I had assembled the angry mob you were gone…
    **********
    What did he look like?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

This place is funny so many so called football experts but nobody ever comments when some one actually gets into critical analysis of strategy

Most people just watch and consume blindly and are told what to think by the majority opinion or the media

i guess vocal chords in sheep are not all that useful

• hwnrdr

I only watched the first qtr but the only good I saw, period, was Flynn’s pass that was caught by Aussberry with his left hand! After that…??? I only watched the first qtr and have yet to see the rest of the game. I did hear that Pryor wasn’t too great either but I will with hold any comments until I see the second half!

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

I think Flynn was brought here to help install a SYSTEM of offense.

The system is designed to get the ball out quickly with short to intermediate passes.

Some think the coaches have conceded to this system due to Flynn’s lack of arm strength, but I believe it was their plan all along and Flynn was brought in for this very purpose.

Next year, with a ton of money to spend, the Raiders can build on this system and improve the lines and skill positions.

I don’t think the coaching staff has faith in the long term viability of the read option and that is why they won’t start Pryor. He doesn’t fit into the LONG TERM plans that the staff has for the team.

• willy91137

I look for prior to start against Seattle I don’t think he’ll start against Indy

unless Flynn gets hurt Friday from but he will only get the ones for a couple series

and than he will play with the twos which are probably as good as the ones

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Does Knapp have a new job running this blog?

• dplunk

does anyone know when pryor’s contract will expire?

• ENGLANDRAIDER

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 6:39 am
    my baby daughter was born early this morning. 7 lbs 15 oz

welcome to Raider Nation, Johnnie Lee!!

#daddylovesyou #proudpapa

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Congratulations Rock!

• dplunk

Just looked up T.Pryor’s contract details:
    8/25/2011: Signed a four-year, $2.36 million contract. The deal included a $586,000 signing bonus. 2013: $595,000, 2014: $705,000, 2015: Free Agent

Though his contract numbers aren’t exactly gaudy: I say the Raiders regime need to make up their mind whether to “sh1t, or get off the potty” with Pryor at the end of this season. this makes no sense that there is no foreseeable future for your second string QB.

• hwnrdr

Amy Trask hired by CBS to be an NFL Anlayst…interesting!

• hwnrdr

And who is Tony Hill? A new OL

• PlunkforHOF

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 6:39 am
    my baby daughter was born early this morning. 7 lbs 15 oz

welcome to Raider Nation, Johnnie Lee!!

#daddylovesyou #proudpapa

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Very nice RRS.. congrats.. cigar time?

• RaiderRetribution

QB, LT, DE/pass rush specialist (could be an OLB if he is dominate), WR, C, RT, CB, MLB, DT, RB, TE, OLB, DE, WR 2nd, FS, SS, G, P, PK

• RaiderRetribution

Those tattoos cost Pryor at least $2,000,000.00.

• Pingback: macys coupon

• Pingback: macy's coupon home depot codes and coupons

• Pingback: macys 10 off 25 coupon august 2013