RB Murray undergoes surgery

NAPA – Raiders rookie running back Latavius Murray underwent arthroscopic surgery on his ankle, according to coach Dennis Allen on Wednesday.
Murray showed up on the injury report right after the Raiders played the Dallas Cowboys in an exhibition game Aug. 9. Therefore, Murray presumably suffered his injury in that game.
The Raiders selected Murray in the sixth round of the NFL draft in April. He is competing against veteran Rashad Jennings and Jeremy Stewart, among others, for the primary backup spot to Darren McFadden.
Allen didn’t offer any specifics on Murray’s rehab. However, it’s likely that Murray won’t play again before the regular season starts Sept. 8.
For now, the Raiders have to decide whether to keep Murray on the 53-man roster, cut him or place him on injured-reserve.
The most likely scenario involves the Raiders keeping Murray on the 53-man roster, especially if the Raiders place offensive tackle Jared Veldheer on injured reserve/designated to return, so that they can use him at some point this season.
Teams are permitted to use the I.R./designated to return once per season. If the Raiders cut Murray on the final cutdown day Aug. 31, other teams would have 24 hours to claim Murray on waivers before the Raiders could sign Murray to their practice squad.

Steve Corkran

• Raider Riff

My fav Raiders over the years…

Bo
    Timmie
    Gannon
    Rice
    Pryor

I just really like this kid.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

24 Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    ENGLANDRAIDER – Ah…just checking. I’m for Liverpool but I’m a newer fan to soccer. Going into my 2nd season.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’d tell you to switch to United so you win more often but I’ve been in the Nation for a long time and there is no way in hell that I’d ever switch from the Raiders.

• Raider E

Seymour Bush Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    Raider E Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:52 pm
    I didn’t believe it either. I was wondering where it came from though.

Probaly won’t see Pryor until the 2nd half. Although, I would like to see the Pryor Package given a test run in the first half for a series.

Like the 1st series of the 2nd quarter.
    =============================================

Honestly, why would you do it in a practice game? The Bears are putting in their game plan and they are preparing to play Flynn. I am sure they have pretty good scouting reports on Flynn from all his years in GB. To pull a fast one and put in Pryor this late? What does that accomplish? It’s embarrassing, it doesn’t give a fair representation to Pryor of defenses, It kind of shirks the entire idea of a 3rd preseason game.

—————————————-

Why do we care how the Bears feel about a damn thing. Can’t let another team’s agenda contribute to what we do with our team. They already said Pryor would play in packages, so we would be giving an adequate represenation of out team. At the same time we get to see a test run.

I like the idea, and disagree with you, as usual.

• als hiemer

Average Qb play at best but I see your point. Maybe Barnes will play at a hofer level! Just kidding, bad joke.

• rediaR

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    24 Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    East – How can you say Hayden was barely known? He was the #1 rated CB in the country before his freak injury. The only reason he ended up losing that rating is because people were afraid to take the risk on him after the injury and after missing the rest of his senior season but he was highly touted before that injury.
    ————
    Ok fine, I will speak for myself, I had never heard of the guy but I had heard of and seen Dee Millner who I wasnt overly impressed with, but he was toutedc as the best DB in the draft which let me know it was a down year for DB’s.
    ———————
    Once Hayden was cleared by the doctors pre-draft many teams were said to have him ranked over Milliner. Hayden’s film is light years ahead of Milliner from what I’ve seen of it and from what everyone I’ve heard speak of it. Milliner is an athlete who wasn’t asked to do a wide range of things in college. Hayden on the other hand was making plays in every type of coverage and doing it with really solid technique AND athleticism. Some teams were definitely scared off by the injury, other teams listened to doctors and scouts.

• T. Branch has been superb this preseason, but he Must improve on finishing tackles, because he missed a few against the stupid Saints last Friday; other than that dude is a stud.

• Raider Riff

49. Bush

Coaches are not all the same in how they use preseason games.

Some go vanilla.

Some run real plays outside the base calls.

Some actually game plan.

We don’t know what type DA is.

• Raider E

I am talking about 1 series for Pryor at the beginning of the 2nd quarter in his package of plays btw.

I don’t agree he should start.

• rediaR

Theghostronin79 Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    Yeah, he NEEDS some time with the 1st team in a game. IF he gets it, and doesn’t produce much, then they can say “HEY, we gave him a shot, we’re going with Flynn.”

If he starts and does well……..They’ll have to come up with some other reason why Flynn will be starting in Indy.
    ———————-
    Eh, name a starter before the game and give that man as many reps as possible in this game and practice before the opener. Make sure the starter is prepared.

• Myopinion

being injured I would think watson has spent more time than most, studying, learning the game, he is behind, but maybe he needed that extra tume to learn plays,reads,responsibilities. Isnt that his problem.

• eastoaklandraider

I hope DJ is Deon Sanders like, but even if he is he still wont have much of an impact just like Deon didnt have much of an impact in his Falcon days and if he had stayed there his whole career would have been a waste of great talent, lucky for him he got out right in the nick of time. Aso wasted his prime here and now he has trouble even making a team, What will his legacy be? But if DJ goes the way of alumni brother Stan Routt this pick will be unforgivable.

• Raider E

If Pryor is going to be used in packages this season then he is an extension of the 1st team, and Olsen should be thinking about a small trial run against the opposing teams #1’s.

• als hiemer

When did branch reach stud status? He has a nack for pointing out who effed up but that’s all I’ve seen.not a great tackler at all. Just haven’t quite seen the stud yet.

• rediaR

Anything worth reading in that chat? I always show up 10 minutes after they end.

• eastoaklandraider

RediaR Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    24 Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    ————
    ———————
    ———-

I hear you, and I hope thats the case, but I’m just firm believer that games are won and lost in the trenches, and looking at our trenches it doesnt look good. You all will see what I mean once the season starts.

• als hiemer Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    ***************************************************
    Watch the game again, he made some key plays; however, sometimes he doesn’t finishes tackles. With maturity, he will arrive and improve his tackling.

• als hiemer

I have hope that bilukinky will show us something along the d-line. He looks solid against the run and is a needed big body!

• elraidmanhattan

Englandraider i beg to differ. The red flags on campbell coming out were well founded he was a physical speciman with question marks, not the same with watson. Btw i was born in bury st. Edmonds.

• the famous dr robert

This blog in a nutshell (keyword nut):

Pryor changes his #.

Pryor Brigade: “he’s starting! He secretly said he would only change his number if he won the starting job!” (Proof?)

Flynnstones: “he’s desperate and struggling. Reaching back to college for some luck.”

Gotta love the blog.

• Wow, the Dumbass Racists Duck etal were sure Murray was busted for weed yesterday.

• “Btw i was born in bury st. Edmonds.”

That explains why you are such a twinkle toed dweeb.

As you were…

• Kirk

Raider Riff Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    My fav Raiders over the years…

Bo
    Timmie
    Gannon
    Rice
    Pryor

I just really like this kid.
    ……………………………………..

Me too. I like it when one of our guys makes the defense look silly.

• als hiemer

I wish the best for branch this year but I still feel he was prematurely overhypped and never lived up to that stud status he’s always right there but can never seem to make a play.

• elraidmanhattan

Dr. Got to’love your that you seem to be a authority on qbs kind of remind me of big mouth Jaworski…thet guy who watched every cutler throw from when he was in diapers a blowhard sort of like you.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Its not happening but it would be dumb to cut Murray after 2 weeks.

Get real CORK

• elraidmanhattan

Silverandblack nice to hear back from you, please do remember this is not a singles site, so be careful

• Freckles draft just gets worse by the week.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

elraidmanhattan Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:14 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Watson has physical ability, is pretty smart, but has just a year and half experience at playing the game.
    That all by itself gives him limitations.

Bury St. Edmonds eh?
    I suppose I could say something like that explains your limited knowledge of the NFL just to yank your chain but I won’t do that.

I was in Bury just a few weeks ago.
    I like the town.
    How long since you left or was your dad in the military?

• 0ak r8rs

0ak R8rs Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:18 pm
    Raider O Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 12:24 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 11:59 am
    Btw, do you know how to use a calculator? If you are that bad at math, use a calculator.

@@@@@@@

Slow O

I said 80% to 90%. The answer was 78%. Pretty good for NOT using a calculator. Grabbed a best guess number. Pretty close I’d say.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

78%? I guess you can’t use a calculator. lol
    8/12 is 66+%, and 8/11 is 72+%.
    SMH

@@@@@@

Sigh. 11/14. Work it out. Let me know. Don’t hurt yourself.

• rediaR

MistaBrown Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Freckles draft just gets worse by the week.
    —————-
    Hey, the real racist shows up.

• elraidmanhattan

Pryor will be the future qb of the raiders, hope the future starts now!

• 0ak r8rs

MistaBrown Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Freckles draft just gets worse by the week.

@@@@@@

Yea. Terrible draft of a guy that would need ankle surgery 4 months later. What an idiot Reggie is. How did he not know that?

• als hiemer

Hopefully Lamar isn’t rushing back to soon just because we have no pass rush. If he reinjures himself we are screwed. That dude is a stud with a cause!

• elraidmanhattan

England won’t get into mudslinging since i have been a raider fan since 72. Yes my father was in the military

• Al_is_theraiders

shreks impressive drafting ability…disaster.

• elraidmanhattan

Any news on our injured lbs?

• DutchRaider77

70.KoolKell Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:16 pm

____________________________________________________

Yes, clearly it was Tyler Wilson! Cannot trust those Southerners…

• eastoaklandraider

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:24 pm
    shreks impressive drafting ability…disaster.
    ———

Who would you of like to seen us draft?

• Sh!tbird, post something I said racist. I post football and you spew lies, miserable kunt.
    _______

RediaR Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Hey, the real racist shows up.

• Al_is_theraiders

people that will actually play…

• Al_is_theraiders

lacy…

• the famous dr robert

Elraidmanhattan Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:18 pm
    ********
    “If my answers frighten you, maybe you should cease to ask scary questions.” (Pulp fiction)

“It’s Jerk Store! And I’m not gonna dumb it down for the masses!” (George costanza)

• ENGLANDRAIDER

elraidmanhattan Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:23 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LOL.
    You won’t get into mudslinging? This from a guy who got this thing started by telling me to blow it out my rear.

No big deal brother Raider.
    If we all had the same opinions then this blog would be boring.

• inonewordraider

the reason for the “weed” speculation with murray is it was reported players were smoking weed in a car, all of a sudden murrays not practicing with no mention of injury and da said he needed to be “held accountable” as if he did something wrong

with regards to Houston, I like him as a player, but he’s not a big time pass rusher at end, more of a run stopper that get’s a little push

• the famous dr robert

Friday is going to disappoint a lot of people.

• Dakota

YOU PEOPLE!

• Dmac2008

raiders looking at Jason Spitz per rotoworld. Meh, why not.

• Raider E

Even if reggie’s picks were spot on, he is an incredible phase of bad luck.

I don’t think that is good for a gm either. Think Al Davis drafting Russell, Gallery, McClain, and Huff.

• Raider Riff Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 2:05 pm
    49. Bush

Coaches are not all the same in how they use preseason games.

Some go vanilla.

Some run real plays outside the base calls.

Some actually game plan.

We don’t know what type DA is.
    =========================================

Certainly true. What we do know is he is treating this like a normal week. Almost every team does this for Preseason Game 3. So I would expect normal preparation and not a lot of funky weird sh** for this game. I think it is a little bit bush league,(pardon the pun) when teams are running reverses, and fake punts and such in preseason. I don’t expect Allen to do anything other than have the ones start, go into the third quarter, have Pryor do some mop up in the 3rd and then possibly see Wilson or McGloin in the 4th.

• Breaking_Black

You gotta pay the Troll toll..