By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 at 8:49 pm in Oakland Raiders.
– The Bears outgained the Raiders 252-92 in the first half, getting 14 first downs to four for Oakland. Cutler completed 12 of 21 passes for 142 yards, a 32-yard touchdown pass to Forte and no interceptions. Forte also gained 76 yards on six carries before taking the rest of the night off.
– Running back Rashad Jennings got plenty of first-half work with McFadden sitting it out, carrying 10 times for 29 yards _ and 15 of those came on the Raiders’ first play from scrimmage.
– Tight end Mychal Rivera had the biggest play in the half for the Raiders, catching a 26-yard pass from Pryor on the Raiders’ last drive which resulted in a 50-yard field goal off the dirt by Janikowski.
– Tough first half for rookie linebacker Sio Moore, who was called for an illegal block in the back on a special teams play and on one blitz found himself completely walled off by left tackle Jermon Bushrod.
– Former Raider running back Michael Bush, who scored on runs of 1 and 10 yards in the first half, spent time talking with McFadden, Tyvon Branch, Jon Condo and Jacoby Ford during pregame warm-ups.
The Bears are coached by former Raiders offensive coordinator Marc Trestman, who hired Aaron Kromer and Skip Peete, also former Raiders assistants, to be his offensive coordinator and running backs coach, respectively.
– Return specialist Josh Cribbs, who has struggled in the preseason, mishandled the opening kickoff before picking it up and getting out to the 20-yard line. On the Bears’ second kickoff, Cribbs fumbled while in a middle return but the ball was recovered by the Raiders.
Ford got the call on the next kickoff, and exploded for a 62-yard return down the right sideline.
– Stefen Wisniewski was the long-snapper to Marquette King when the Raiders punted on their opening possession, with coach Dennis Allen making good on his promise to have someone other than Jon Condo do the long-snapping during the preseason.