Halftime: Bears 27, Raiders 3

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 at 8:49 pm in Oakland Raiders.

– The Bears outgained the Raiders 252-92 in the first half, getting 14 first downs to four for Oakland. Cutler completed 12 of 21 passes for 142 yards, a 32-yard touchdown pass to Forte and no interceptions. Forte also gained 76 yards on six carries before taking the rest of the night off.

– Running back Rashad Jennings got plenty of first-half work with McFadden sitting it out, carrying 10 times for 29 yards _ and 15 of those came on the Raiders’ first play from scrimmage.

– Tight end Mychal Rivera had the biggest play in the half for the Raiders, catching a 26-yard pass from Pryor on the Raiders’ last drive which resulted in a 50-yard field goal off the dirt by Janikowski.

– Tough first half for rookie linebacker Sio Moore, who was called for an illegal block in the back on a special teams play and on one blitz found himself completely walled off by left tackle Jermon Bushrod.

– Former Raider running back Michael Bush, who scored on runs of 1 and 10 yards in the first half, spent time talking with McFadden, Tyvon Branch, Jon Condo and Jacoby Ford during pregame warm-ups.

The Bears are coached by former Raiders offensive coordinator Marc Trestman, who hired Aaron Kromer and Skip Peete, also former Raiders assistants, to be his offensive coordinator and running backs coach, respectively.

– Return specialist Josh Cribbs, who has struggled in the preseason, mishandled the opening kickoff before picking it up and getting out to the 20-yard line. On the Bears’ second kickoff, Cribbs fumbled while in a middle return but the ball was recovered by the Raiders.

Ford got the call on the next kickoff, and exploded for a 62-yard return down the right sideline.

– Stefen Wisniewski was the long-snapper to Marquette King when the Raiders punted on their opening possession, with coach Dennis Allen making good on his promise to have someone other than Jon Condo do the long-snapping during the preseason.

• Ghosttoothepost

Raider Riff Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Radio guys are taking note of the crowd and defenses reaction to TP2.

They coined the term “Flynnterception”

They are calling for TP.

======
    Yeah, they are. Big time.

• ElkGRaider

It all started with Flynns bullsh!t checkdown on third and 2

• 00tt00

Hold on guys, Flynn is the starter until the season is out of reach.
    ————————
    dude…..lol….the season IS out of reach…we have the worst team in the league….there is not magic here……pryor can leap tall buildings in a single bound……and we will still suck….the teams is slapped together with everyone else misfits…thats reality

• 0ak r8rs

The Big Banana Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 pm
    0ak, I’m embarrassed for you. I really am.

Homer = a fanboy that is too blind to see any faults in his favorite product/team and as a result, gets real defensive and attacks those that do.

There is much of that in here and you’re one of the big offenders.

Now you comically claim that what some of us called all along was well known to you from the get-go, like we don’t remember your shenanigans in here. The very opinions your kind criticized some of us in here for, you knew all along. Pure comedy.

And your charade earlier about 2012 ’s schedule being more difficult because well, uh, that guy was hurt for this team and this guy was hurt for that team so even though our collective opponents had more wins in 2011 than in 2012, by your screwy logic 2012 was somehow tougher.

Child please. One thing is certain. I have spent much too much time addressing a moron.

@@@@@@@@

Just keep proving my point you bitter, smug, mouth breather. I’ve never said anything negative about Pryor other than the fact that he can’t throw. Something about 998 out of 1000 guys in football have also said. This is not something I made up.

I’ve said he’s got great athletic ability, a strong arm and intangibles like leadership and excitement. Go ahead, hater. Prove me wrong. You don’t know shlt about what I’ve said because have of it you can’t understand and the other half you’re too ingnorant to accept.

You’re a big banana alright. Big dlck is more like it.

It’s guys like you why I will never align w the brigade here. But I know plenty of Raider fans that aren’t haters that I can share my joy of Pryors ascent, if that’s indeed what happens.

And you can stop dismissing me whenever you want. You’ve done it like 4 times tn already. I dismissed you the first post I saw months ago. Later hater.

• Kirk

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    Kirk Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 pm
    DJ Johnny Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:53 pm
    C’mon. I’m on the Pryor train over Flynn but just cuz a guy doesn’t like Pryor or thinks he isn’t a good passer does not make him a flaming racist.
    …………………………………………….

Black quarterbacks are always described as “athletic and inaccurate”

White quarterbacks are always described as “intelligent and accurate”
    *********
    People have bent over backwards to say they like griffin, Wilson, and kaepernick.

U choose to ignore it. It’s like u LIKE the racism angle.

Do u use it regularly in life as a crutch?
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Wow. Talk about a racist post.

I am an old white guy.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Can’t pass?

• oakfasho

A star has been born T.PRYOR! ALL who thnks not can fk off!!

• Whoknows

Hey dr. so what’s keeping you from watching the game?

• 00tt00

DA is in a great situation. Young QB that he can develop or blame if the season tanks. He’s in a no lose situation.
    ————–
    reggie will use DA to save his own arse and we will be three years into year 0

• Raider Riff

Flynnsanity
    Flynnchmob
    Flynnterception
    UnFlynnable
    Flynnstones
    Flynnie the Pooh

I told u it would get ugly.

• devilr8er

Hold on guys, Flynn is the starter until the season is out of reach.
    ————————
    __________________________________

The Oakland Backups

• RNOraiderFan

Pryor plays like The Snake! WILD!!! I like that, that’s who we are. Duh!

• Cervantes74

Hey Robeta!

How’s my

a

s

s

taste!

• jtruraider702

Our fans are truly garbage. All they want to do is riot and fu*K people up. Our “fan base” is by far the worst the league. At times I am ashamed to be a Raider fan. You have all seen the photo doing the rounds, guy with a Raider shield on top of his head?!? Dude is destined for supremacy = Prison. I don’t know where I’m going with this; only that you tards need to settle the f*ck down and chill

• rudegruden

00tt00 Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    Hold on guys, Flynn is the starter until the season is out of reach.
    ————————

———
    Agreed, I was talking more mathematically out reach.

• the famous dr robert

Kirk Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:57 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 pm
    Kirk Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 pm
    Dr. Robert bitterly complains as he listens to Rush Limbaugh about the black man who beats out Mitt Romney for president.
    *******
    I voted for the black guy. Twice.

U guys love to call people racist for no reason.

Pretty shameful.
    ……………………………………………

No one called you a racist.

You do remind me of my father who was a Braves fan who constantly complained about Hank Aaron.

Hank f ing Aaron!
    *******
    Equating Pryor to hank Aaron cuz he had a good night with ten passes.

After sucking horribly up til then?

I never said anything against any black person for his color.

I like the new black qbs.

I don’t Pryor will be good. It’s based on everything I’ve seen.

I’m about to watch the game. Maybe I will change my mind.

It would be great if he did. Always said that.

• Cervantes74

RNOraiderFan Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Pryor plays like The Snake! WILD!!! I like that, that’s who we are. Duh!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

EXACTLY! When did the word wild become a bad thing as a Raider?

• JB

Teddy Bridgewater in 2014. The 2013 Raiders are heading for a 1-15 & I’m being optimistic. It was expected as we are rebuilding. It’s just that we are all tired of LOSING.

• Raider fan in Fremont

Flynngobop (c)

• ElkGRaider

I’m in for another billboard if they try to trot that piece of crap QB (a little harsh but f it) out there again…

I don’t get it. If TP sucks he can always say I told you so. What are they afraid of? A Tebow? I’ll take the playoffs anyway I can get it…

• Kirk

RNOraiderFan Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 pm
    Pryor plays like The Snake! WILD!!! I like that, that’s who we are. Duh!
    …………………………………………….

Pyror’s numbers in college were almost identical to Cam Newton’s. That is who Pryor is most like.

• the famous dr robert

Cervantes74 Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 pm
    Hey Robeta!

How’s my

a

s

s

taste!
    *******
    Wouldn’t know. U did nothing.

• oakfasho

764.jtruraider702 Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:01 pm

==================================== No room in Raider Nation for a pzzy. K.

• Try Some Reality

Well Well Well….

I’m surprised the Houdini haters had the nerve to show up tonight.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Man up, DA.

• lefty12

Cervantes74 Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:50 pm
    Raider Riff Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:48 pm

The radio guys are roasting DA right now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tell us more please.
    ========================
    Yes,please do because I’m listening to them and don’t hear that.All they are saying is there is a QB controversy.

• devilr8er

Jtruraider702 Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:01 pm
    ____________________________________

Get the Fuc Out!!!

Sinerely,

The Nation

• the famous dr robert

Whoknows Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 pm
    Hey dr. so what’s keeping you from watching the game?
    ********
    Just got home

• Raider Riff

Oak, ur mistake was showing support for the hooded queen of the Flynnchmob, Dr Sybil. Aka Mr/sully/zymurge

This has nothing to do with the bitterness of the Pryor Brigade.

• Kirk

Equating Pryor to hank Aaron cuz he had a good night with ten passes.

After sucking horribly up til then?

I never said anything against any black person for his color.

I like the new black qbs.

I don’t Pryor will be good. It’s based on everything I’ve seen.

I’m about to watch the game. Maybe I will change my mind.

It would be great if he did. Always said that.
    …………………………………………….

You missed the point. I was equating you to my father who was an unconscious racist about Hank Aaron.

Pryor is good. He has been from the beginning. You never accepted that fact. Running for touchdowns is just as good as throwing for touchdowns.

• 2romes

Looking at the negativity posted here on this site in regards to finding the best players to QB the Raiders is an eye opener. Pryor has been fighting an uphill battle from the top spotters and the antipryor fan base. So far the antipryors and the top spotters,(Reggie and DA), have a common place in the land of status quo. Twin peaking!!. Boy, you guys look alike.

• Cervantes74

00tt00 Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 pm

————–
    reggie will use DA to save his own arse and we will be three years into year 0

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We’ll see.

Like a lot of what Reggie has done. But he really pissed me off passing on Star over DJ AND not breaking the bank with picks. Then is takes Sio and makes me think, does he really know something?

Like what he does with the cap and kicking Carson to the curb. Hate what he did with the picks for Flynn.

Flynn shouldn’t make this team with his last 2 performances.

I’d rather see McGloin & Wilson as the backups and just say F’it.

• the famous dr robert

Try Some Reality Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:03 pm
    Well Well Well….

I’m surprised the Houdini haters had the nerve to show up tonight.
    ********
    Why? U guys have shown up as he’s sucked for over a year.

• Raider Riff

Lincoln Kennedy is fully selling Flynnie the Pooh and buying TP2.

• romania

Gee, glad that “Doc Bop” is finally gonna watch the game. Maybe then he’ll just shut up, and learn a little humility. Man he has a big ego to go along with his fast typing fingers.

Pryor is something else. That’s a cliche, but he really IS something else! When he’s out there, you hold your breath. Seems like that’s the same thing that’s happening on the field. The guy is very inspirational. No love for the first 2 years from the staff. Zero. Like when Harrison Ford was asked about what he thought when asked and nauseum about “the force”. He said “Force yourself!”

Pryor worked his butt off and grabbed and scratched to get better. Took his old #2 and said who cares about Jafatass. He creates magic out there, and opens up the field giving the rest of the team opportunities.

Isn’t this why we watch sports? To get a chance every once in a while to see the magic? Otherwise, we might just be looking at a bunch of computer graphics. Don’t we have enough of that already in our lives?

The defense? …………oye! At least Pryor can keep them off the field more often than not.

• willy91137

I do not care what color the quarterback is if he can play let him play get off this Dr. Roberts is a pass holl

• Cervantes74

If this coach wants to keep his job there’s no controversy.

You play TP like he’s the future of the franchise. Live with the mistakes that are sure to come.

And if he doesn’t pan out…well that D better look spectacular.

• the famous dr robert

Kirk Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:04 pm
    Equating Pryor to hank Aaron cuz he had a good night with ten passes.

After sucking horribly up til then?

I never said anything against any black person for his color.

I like the new black qbs.

I don’t Pryor will be good. It’s based on everything I’ve seen.

I’m about to watch the game. Maybe I will change my mind.

It would be great if he did. Always said that.
    …………………………………………….

********
    Unconscious racist? Gimme a break. I don’t have any bad feelings toward black people. I love them.

• Raider fan in Fremont

Flynnger lickin good (c)

• oakfasho

My next jersey will say Pryor #2.

• ElkGRaider

Just got home
    ——–

That’s some d@mn good typing walking/driving. Ha

• Ghosttoothepost

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Lol. Gotta love a moron who thinks he’s beating someone down on a blog.

Any Raider game. Any Raider game.

Come to Sunnyvale.

I will feed u ur teeth.
    ===========
    see, LIAR? You challenged me before. Gave you an address. Again, you punked out. Gave you a closer address. Again, coward, you punked out, and said “I will meet you ONLY at a Raider game”

Now it’s “come to Sunnyvale”?

You damn sorryass coward.
    I ALREADY CAME DOWN FROM UKIAH, PUNK, AND YOU BAILED LIKE A BICH.

Admit it, you opened mouth, and everyone inserted their foot, in your mouth, and up your lying cowardly racist ass.

Now shut up fool

• Try Some Reality

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:04 pm
    Try Some Reality Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:03 pm
    Well Well Well….

I’m surprised the Houdini haters had the nerve to show up tonight.
    ********
    Why? U guys have shown up as he’s sucked for over a year.

=========================================

We knew what he was capable of, sorry it’s taken you so long to see it. Perhaps you still don’t.

Wow, is that really a sub 20 QB rating for your hero? Eek. 0 points, really? 2 horrible picks?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The thing about TP he loves to get out of bounds, and get down!

• JB

CLARIFICATION: There is NOT a QB controversy. There IS a QB deficit. Selecting between good & bad is not the same thing as picking between bad & worse. We need a franchise QB. I like TP2 but think he’ll make a great change of pace, specialty type, back-up QB. But he alone is NOT going to take any team to the SB.

• 00tt00

———————
    my pick was STAR too…even at #3…that being said anyone can do what reggie has done with the cap….almost no players under long term contract…..thats not BUILDING anything

• jtruraider702

Sure thing devilr8er

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

From Twitter:

Tim Kawakami
    I asked Dennis Allen if Pryor could start. Allen: “I think obviously we’ve got to look at it. I don’t think Matt played well in this game.”
    4 minutes ago from web

• Marks hair

he used to run around saying prior can’t even pass and he can never learn to pass… and you expect him to start being accountable to his words now? pssh

• lefty12

Actually Big Linc is ripping the play of most of the starters.