Maiava back at practice for Raiders

Linebacker Kaluka Maiava, out with an ankle injury since late July, returned to practice Monday for the Raiders.

Although the Raiders appear set as far as starting linebackers with Nick Roach in the middle, Kevin Burnett on the weak side and rookie Sio Moore on the strong side, Maiava provides depth at all three positions and has value on special teams.

Also returning to practice was strong safety Tyvon Branch (ribs), although it remains to be seen if he will play when the Raiders visit the Seattle Seahawks Thursday night in their final preseason game.

Players who weren’t practicing included wide receivers Brice Butler (hamstring) and Rod Streater (concussion).

The Raiders had no transactions to announce as practice began and still must trim four players from the roster to get to 75 players. The big cut comes Saturday, when teams must get to 53 players.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• the famous dr robert

Ghosttoothepost Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Funny.
    RacistCowardlyBich stated “I’m done talking to you. Not going to post to you again.”

And then posted 8 posts directed at me, when I’m not even here.
    Actually copied a post to me, one minute later, just to add one sentence??

I think he confuses himself, lol.
    ********
    How long were u back for u talked about me?

I know read all my material.

Add this one to ur collection.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Come on by I would love to laugh at your little manhood with the fine folks in section 141!

• raiderdav

• SaintKaufman

Damn 666, those are some sweet seats!!!

• The_Judge37

353.raiderdav Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    ——-

It’ll be ST coach Bobby April

• Grrrrrrr

Nobody should be gloating about our QB situation. At this point we have to play Pryor, but 90% because of how bad Flynn has looked and only 10% because of the occasional flashes from Pryor. He does provide a spark, but that gunslinger style doesn’t cut it in the modern era. I’m rooting for him, but he wouldn’t be a starter on most NFL teams. Let’s see how he does against actual starters over a few games. As a few have said (notably Dakota) over the last few months, we probably don’t have a legit starter on the roster. But, I sure hope TP succeeds. Go Raiders.

• the famous dr robert

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    Rob, Let me correct. Imo you invested too heavily in Flynn…He’s not having your back right now.
    **********
    After careful consideration I have decided…..nah.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 26s #Raiders piped in crowd noise for practice … only real news was LB Maiava’s return … Allen said Watson “did ok” at left tackle today

———–

Now u know why flynn is being held out. Pryor better have that Cardio ready

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“so realistic speaking we all know this team aint doing crap this year, i think Dennis Allen will be gone by week 4, interim HC AL Saunders or Tony Sparano?”

I know this and you know this. There are some folks here who are intelligent enough to figure this out then there are the wanna be’s and wishers. See post #184 it will make you laugh at how myopic some of these sheep are.

• RaiderRetribution

For the record,
    Pryor’s great escape was great, his jump pass was good improvisation, but it was Streater who made that play, jumped up between two defenders, gets hammered in the head and holds onto the ball, excellent & tough catch. Pryor would be the first to tell you, he even came up running to Streater, double timed once he realized Streater was hurt on the play.

• regallengo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:08 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• the famous dr robert

Pryor still sucks btw.

• RAIDERMAN99

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    fire da now…save the season!
    ================================
    Wouldn’t save the season, but it will save time later.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“SaintKaufman Says:

Damn 666, those are some sweet seats!!!
    Does O.Co prevent the nosebleeds from getting to the lower levels? I’ll come say hey if I make it to a game this year. Of course, you’ll have to buy the beer(better seats always buys the beer).”

Send me an email we can meet up pre-game for a beer and some green!

my_music_666@yahoo

• jumpnjiminy

Phooey!

• the famous dr robert

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

———–

Now u know why flynn is being held out. Pryor better have that Cardio ready
    ********
    Of course. Starters, especially ones with tendinitis, don’t play game 4. Backups do.

• jumpnjiminy

Slingin’ Sammy Baugh used the jump pass I believe…

• regallengo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Maybe I should have slapped you around before you made this IDJIT post.

• SaintKaufman

666,
    Roger that. I’m hoping to turn a biz trip either Nov 3 or Dec 15.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“After I slap you around with my huge manhood maybe I’ll drop a big log on you’re face just to see the look you’ll have.”

What a classy guy I am sure you are a big hit with the ladies whipping your junk out and defecating in a public stadium is something women love to see.

Whats next are you going to touch some kids and tell everyone how you drive a rape van?

• jumpnjiminy

Put George Blanda in!

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• the famous dr robert

Is anyone currently having a meltdown?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“I’m hoping to turn a biz trip either Nov 3 or Dec 15.”

I enjoy meeting true fans and yes I will buy you a beer!

• RaiderRetribution

Watson could’ve been awful, okay, excellent at practice today and he still would’ve said, he did ok.

Okie dokie?

• the famous dr robert

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:19 pm
    FIRE REGGIE NOW.
    *******
    Meltdown

• inonewordraider

pretty huge fall from grace when you read the headline
    “nnamdi asomugha has great chance of making the 49ers”

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Of course. Starters, especially ones with tendinitis

————-
    and that FLynn sucks. U saw what he did with the ones on Friday. Terrible. He had his chance and blew it.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Tenditinis= SUCKS as a qb

• Raider Dawg

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:05 pm
    “THESE ARE 8 OF THE 13 OFFENSIVE PLAYS IN THE FIRST QUARTER FROM FRIDAY!!!! OUR OLINE IS AWEFUL!!”

ITS okay!

Our backup QB is coming in to make our o-line better and this will make our WR’s run better routes and actually hold on to the ball.

You see Pryor is this amazing talent where he can throw to himself and catch his own passes while blocking for himself.

Just wait until you see what he can do on Defense and Special Teams!!!!!!
    ******************************

Gonna be quite a show. I’m in! WTF were we doing last year, then? I mean, Palmer could throw the ball, sure, but not one completion, not one pancake block, no tackles, nothing. Good luck with that, Arizona. We have are panacea, Wonder Man.

• jumpnjiminy

Must 18 yrs or younger to post on this site…based on the comments I’ve seen anyway.

• the famous dr robert

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Of course. Starters, especially ones with tendinitis

————-
    *******
    He’s played with the ones every time.

Cuz he’s the starter.

• regallengo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    OK, I get you’re point. Maybe I’ll just come by and whip you’re arse with my pinky finger. Would that make you feel better.

• RaiderRetribution

A Zombie Blanda would be so awesome playing QB for the Raiders!

• jumpnjiminy

Hunter S Thompson is dead.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

He’s played with the ones every time.

Cuz he’s the starter.

—————–

and he sucks at it and blew it. Which is why DA made an execuse so he doesnt make flynn look bad.

PAPA : Innacurate, awful, NON CALIBER NFL ARM

NO choice but to name pryor starter. Said because this franchise had high hopes for flynn.

Just a cash checker at this point. I know it hurt that you are wrong in eveything that u said. Just own it and move on. NOthing you say from hear on out means anything. You have been wrong at everything. Sad

• inonewordraider

waived players can fill some needs:

carter and bilukidi need to be replaced as backups

barron needs to be replaced in the starting lineup

a replacement over nix in starting lineup would b nice

a replacement over carter in the starting lineup would be real nice, although doubtful to find and upgrade

another return man as insurance for ford would be nice

• jumpnjiminy

And Blanda could probably throw a decent jump pass too.

• the famous dr robert

New post nit wits

• RaiderRetribution

Houston Sims Walker

Sio Roach Maiava Burnett

Jenkins Branch Woodson Hayden

Starting Defense vs Indianapolis

Raiders.24 – Indianapolis.10

• SnBG

The Walking Dead Blanda, would be great as long as someone doesn’t spike him in the head.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

The Rick Meie spent at QB was forgettable. I pray this year is not the same. However, it has the same feeling of when Steve Stenstrom and Garcia battled it out to be the Whiners QB in year…………