Maiava back at practice for Raiders

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, August 26th, 2013 at 11:56 am in Oakland Raiders.

Linebacker Kaluka Maiava, out with an ankle injury since late July, returned to practice Monday for the Raiders.

Although the Raiders appear set as far as starting linebackers with Nick Roach in the middle, Kevin Burnett on the weak side and rookie Sio Moore on the strong side, Maiava provides depth at all three positions and has value on special teams.

Also returning to practice was strong safety Tyvon Branch (ribs), although it remains to be seen if he will play when the Raiders visit the Seattle Seahawks Thursday night in their final preseason game.

Players who weren’t practicing included wide receivers Brice Butler (hamstring) and Rod Streater (concussion).

The Raiders had no transactions to announce as practice began and still must trim four players from the roster to get to 75 players. The big cut comes Saturday, when teams must get to 53 players.

• raiderdav

Dennis ALlen needs to get fired already!!!! might as well blow this mess up again, HUE JACKSON SHOULD HAD NEVER EVER EVER EVER gotten fired.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

Derek Hagan cut by Bucs.

• J Hill

For Allen to keep his job?

Yup.

• RaidingTexas

The Famous Dr Robert Says:

Missdick: “Pryor-o, Pryor-o. Where art thou Pryor-o?”

Pryor: “Who’s the idiot dressed like Shakespeare in my backyard? Security!”

——————————

It’s “whereFORE art thou”. Get your Brit lit correct, man!

• JLofty

Desperately reaching now…

I’ll say it time and again. I just want the Raiders to win. And if I can’t have wins, at least develop the youngsters for next year….

• regallengo

Omniscience Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    Hey looks like we will see what Pryor has that`s a good thing especially with this team if any team to succeed with it would be this one. He just learned to throw the ball properly why is that a bad thing? that just shows he is working you can`t teach heart and passion for a game check his interview on Raiders.Com remind me funny to say of a young Mike Tyson when he had his passion for Boxing. the boy has 1 year left on contract after this we need to see what we have if anything I am not saying I am all riding on pryor`s jock but as a Raider for life have to see what we have the guy did when 2 chapionships at Ohio can`t teach that also Cam, Kap, RG3, Wilson ect.. have not exsactly blew everyone`s minds..Not mine anyways there`s know reason our QB can`t be just as good…
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Do you know what a run on sentence is?

• RAIDERMAN99

In fact there are guys in the Arena League that are better than Flynn
    ========================
    Flynns not mobile enough to play in the arena leagur.
    ==================================
    Kurt Warner was.

• RaidingTexas

Exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:

Derek Hagan cut by Bucs.

————————————–

All of the Raiders castoffs get cut elsewhere. Yet, some in here will still criticize Reggie over it.

• Ghosttoothepost

Funny.
    RacistCowardlyBich stated “I’m done talking to you. Not going to post to you again.”

And then posted 8 posts directed at me, when I’m not even here.
    Actually copied a post to me, one minute later, just to add one sentence??

I think he confuses himself, lol.

• JLofty

Tom Flores should NEVER EVER EVER HAVE BEEN FIRED MAN!

Welcome to this decade and our current set problems…

• Raider Dawg

“To be fair, Flynn got absolutely no help from his sorry excuse of an offensive line.”
    ************************

This just isn’t correct. I watched the game and did not see an offensive line out there. Clearly the Raiders were under the impression preseason games were 7-on-7. The Bears, unfortunately, were not.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Pryor v Flynn by the Numbers
    ========================================

lst off, you can’t compare by the numbers because they are both not playing WITH the same players AGAINST the same players. They are BOTH playing with and against different teams. So, if you know what you are talking about and know what you are evaluating, for Pryor to make the move up, he would have to play lights out against the inferior units. A lot like Triple A baseball evals. If you are honest, that really has not happened.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Ok Dumbasses

Pryor v Flynn by the Numbers

Flynn has played 13 drives over three games and has turned the ball over more than he has scored with a lost fumble in the opener and two interceptions against the Bears compared to one field goal drive against Dallas and an end-of-half touchdown in New Orleans. The Raiders have averaged 3.7 yards per play with Flynn at quarterback.

Oakland has scored on more than half of Pryor’s 10 drives this preseason with two touchdowns and four field goals compared to just one turnover on an end-zone interception on Pryor’s first drive of the preseason. The offense is averaging 5.7 yards per play with Pryor in the game.

Pryor learned from that mistake when he threw a ball into coverage instead of running and played his best football as a pro in five drives against the Bears.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/24/5678272/pryor-flynn-competing-for-raiders.html#mi_rss=Raiders#storylink=cpy

• DJ Johnny

Almost every single analyst of any repute is saying Pryor should start including ones who watch Raiders closely.

This attempt at trying to make Pryor supporters seem foolish is weak at this point in time.

Maybe after he screws up majorly (if he does)and Flynn returns to the good form he once had, but tight now?

Send Bill Williamson, Peter King, Greg Papa, SB winning QB Kurt Warner…the list goes on and on.

Those are the foolish, knee jerk idiots who don’t know anything that the Pryor laughter should be directed at.

• jumpnjiminy

Look at me look at me! I got one: “In again out again Flynnegan!”

• eastoaklandraider

papa gushing over Aso.

• Raider Dawg

Regallengo Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Omniscience Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Do you know what a run on sentence is?
    **********************

• regallengo

Raiderdav Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    OK Al

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

BBL

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    Pryor will make the game worth watching period.
    ============================================

I agree, Pryor is entertaining. No doubt. But what was the term for that: sparklepony?

Now, I will BBL

307.RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    In fact there are guys in the Arena League that are better than Flynn
    ========================
    Flynns not mobile enough to play in the arena leagur.
    ==================================
    Kurt Warner was.

====================================
    He’s no Kurt Warner!!!!!!

• Ghosttoothepost

Early prediction.
    Week 5, our 3rd string qb gets his shot.

Ugg.

• Raider Dawg

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

************************

This may be true, but Terrell Davis says Pryor should start–and that give me pause.

• raiderdav

FIREDENNISALLEN.com

• regallengo

Oh what a treat. KookyKell is back and ready to tell us how the white man is holding Pryor back.

• DJ Johnny

Rob, I think your anger at the Pryor supporters and not Pryor himself has made you continue to fight a battle that needs a truce at this time.

Imo you invested too heavily in the anti Pryor stance and need to re-gather the troops to do battle at a later time.

• RAIDERMAN99

DA: “Good Lord. Why me?”
    ==========================
    Most RAID fans are asking the same question.

How did we wind up with Tits ?

• DJ Johnny

Rob, Let me correct. Imo you invested too heavily in Flynn…He’s not having your back right now.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Regallengo Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Keep on dreaming because reality as a Raider fan sucks ass!
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    How would you know, you aint no Raider fan. Don’t like the way they play. ”

Any time you feel like you are somehow a better fan than me I am in section 141 row 22 I wear a white #3 Palmer jersey to the games come and see me.

As much money as I fork out every year in tickets alone I have the right to complain!! Whats your excuse?

• SaintKaufman

First quarter ONLY vs da Bears:
    13:42 Nix beat badly, 2 yard loss
    7:58 Barron completely whiffs, 2 yard loss
    7:15 Flynn Int to Moore, miscomm??
    6:50 Jennings lets FS completely destroy Flynn, sack
    6:15 Nix gets beat badly, holds, no flag, 6 yard gain
    2:15 Briggs on a free blitz, 1 yard loss
    1:05 24 yard pass to Moore called back on Barnes flag
    :40 Bergs and Barron beat badly, Flynn scrambles and throws it away.

THESE ARE 8 OF THE 13 OFFENSIVE PLAYS IN THE FIRST QUARTER FROM FRIDAY!!!! OUR OLINE IS AWEFUL!!!!

• regallengo

Kell, just wait until Pryor goes up against some of those white defensive starter players. There going to take him down. It’s a conspiracy, right Kell?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Though in his repertoire (unfortunately), he does not. It’s not like he stands out here though.”

Raider Dawg you are one funny mofo love your posts!

• jumpnjiminy

And note to Mystic: couldn’t agree with you more about that bum Palmer – total waste of $, draft picks, and most importantly fans’ time.

But, I think you’re a little over the top about Pryor. I mean I’m glad he’s getting his chance, but between him and Flynn, I wasn’t seeing any big separation – they both looked like guys that don’t have a lot of real game experience.

That said – go Pryor and let him play into the 3rd quarter…lord knows he could use the practice. And just settle on McGloin as #3 – we ain’t got time to see if Wilson can amount to anything at this point. McGloin’s gonna need practice too in case Pryor gets knocked out (God forbid).

• eastoaklandraider

Saint you just now figuring that out?

• regallengo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:58 pm
    “Regallengo Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Keep on dreaming because reality as a Raider fan sucks ass!
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    How would you know, you aint no Raider fan. Don’t like the way they play. ”

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Right, sure, you’ll be there.

• SaintKaufman

JLofty Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Tom Flores should NEVER EVER EVER HAVE BEEN FIRED MAN!

Welcome to this decade and our current set problems…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL!!!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Regallengo do you even go to the games or are you just one of these loud mouthed tossers who talks a big game?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Right, sure, you’ll be there.”

Been there since 1995 are you man enough to come see?

• SaintKaufman

eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Saint you just now figuring that out?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah East, just now. Like 4 minutes ago.

• romania

Love Houdini! Keep on believin’. This guy can create good things for the passing and running game. Good that we’re getting some guys back and Hayden is getting on the field, and looking good. Go big Watson!

• regallengo

Seattle is going to maul Pryor. You will see. Then what Pryor Brigade? Get you’re excuses ready. It’s coming and it’s coming soon.

• romania

good for you. what did you prove.

• the famous dr robert

J Hill Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:48 pm
    Laughing my hyena ass off.

————————————————————–

LOL
    ******
    LMHAO?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“THESE ARE 8 OF THE 13 OFFENSIVE PLAYS IN THE FIRST QUARTER FROM FRIDAY!!!! OUR OLINE IS AWEFUL!!”

ITS okay!

Our backup QB is coming in to make our o-line better and this will make our WR’s run better routes and actually hold on to the ball.

You see Pryor is this amazing talent where he can throw to himself and catch his own passes while blocking for himself.

Just wait until you see what he can do on Defense and Special Teams!!!!!!

• the famous dr robert

RaidingTexas Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:

Missdick: “Pryor-o, Pryor-o. Where art thou Pryor-o?”

Pryor: “Who’s the idiot dressed like Shakespeare in my backyard? Security!”

——————————

It’s “whereFORE art thou”. Get your Brit lit correct, man!
    *******
    Hey that Shakespeare guy is for phags.

LMHAO

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Regallengo So I can count on your coming by my section during the next game?

• regallengo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    “Right, sure, you’ll be there.”

Been there since 1995 are you man enough to come see?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Don’t tempt me. I’ll come there and whip you’re arse with my big shlong.

• Al_is_theraiders

fire da now…save the season!

• DJ Johnny

If I was an agent for the anti Pryor guys I would advise just taking your lumps on Flynn and going with the “..but Pryor wouldn’t start with any other team” angle.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

or are you just another loud mouthed wanna be.