Raiders looking at a kicker

Raiders coach Dennis Allen made no mention of it during his injury rundown with the media, but place kicker Sebastian Janikowski came out late to practice wearing a ball cap while Chris Kluwe was attempting field goals.

After practice, members of the personnel staff were working out a left-footed place kicker the far field. Janikowski was forced back into a 36-24 loss to the Chicago Bears after Eddy Carmona was injured (he was later waived/injured). Janikowski kicked a 30-yard field goal in the third quarter.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Whoknows

MR..Realest Of The Real, Stickiest Of The Icky Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:11 pm
    Whoknows,

Going by statements given by the team, all I can make of Flynn being pulled is that his arm hurt. That’s all the team has said. There has been only one official reason given by the team for Flynn not starting at any point in this season so far, past, present, or future, and that is that his arm is hurt. At no point have the Raiders said that Flynn has been demoted. Never at any point. There is no article which quotes the Raiders as having said such a thing.
    *************************************
    It’s pretty strange that he would get pulled from the game, yet nobody was checking it out on the sidelines, don’t you think? I mean you got to figure someone would have at least given him an ice pack. I mean even after the came out at the half it wasn’t iced.

• Marks hair

ligars are real..

• SnBG

You have to be concerned about Pryor. Realistically he doesn’t have the Oline the Niners have. That line is considered on of the best lines in the league and Kappy has the luxury to grow. Pryor will be running for his life and is gong to take some big hits. We’ve seen this already in the preseason and it will take it’s toll.

• the famous dr robert

Bank-Bank Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:15 pm
    Hey Dr Roberts “It doesn’t sound like Pryor is the starter”—We know GENO SMITH is the starter.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    *******
    I wanted a top qb. He was the top rated qb.

I also changed my opinion after his display on draft day 1.

• Chris in NY

This spot Thursday does worry me. A lot of pressure on Pryor going against the consensus toughest pass rush in the league in the toughest venue for opposing QBs to operate behind a weak offensive line and a LT who barely even has any practice experience at this level and has played about a dozen games of football in his life.

If Pryor just goes out there and hangs tough and doesn’t turn it over too much I’ll be impressed, given the circumstances.

• http://raiderettes.com MR..realest of the real, stickiest of the icky

Whoknows, I’m going with what’s official. That’s all I can do. I wasn’t on the sidelines or in Allen’s office this week. Only can go by what the team has released officially, and that is that Flynn’s arm is sore, and that’s why he’s not starting Thur.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

SnBG Says:

START PRYOR ALREADY.
    *******************************
    Whoknows Says:

I must commend you, that is quite the turnaround. Welcome aboard.
    ======================================================

SnBG, were you a Flynn fanatic or Pryor hater? Or at least a Pryor sceptic? Didn’t remember that.

• the famous dr robert

Marks Hair Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    ligars are real..
    *******
    Good for the liger.

• elraidmanhattan

194 I was on the Pryor bandwagon from the start, he has been humbled at Ohio State i was told he was arrogant and his you know what didn’t stink, he has been through alot and it shows always athletic he has now been reborn to a degree and it shows…it just took me seeing him huddle up in the dallas game a complete different player, how can you not want him to suceed, btw love his stiff arms amazing

• Marks hair

who has taken the bigger hits so far Flynn or Pryor?

I’ll give you a hint 1 guy has a 360 degree blind side..

• elraidmanhattan

Either you know football or you don’t, based on some comments here the results are quite apparent

• the famous dr robert

Unless Pryor excels Thursday, DA would be a fool to change course.

Start Flynn at Indy. He doesn’t have to worry about the fans (lunatics).

If Flynn does well, fans can’t say sh1t.

If he stinks, start Pryor and the crowd will love it.

There ya go.

• The_Judge37

210.Marks hair Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:21 pm
    who has taken the bigger hits so far Flynn or Pryor?

I’ll give you a hint 1 guy has a 360 degree blind side..
    ——-

LOL

• Chris in NY

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:11 pm
    doesn’t sound like pryor has been moved to wide receiver or tight end yet..
    ********
    Give it time.

A few more of those comical freak-out jump passes and resulting WR concussions ought to do it.

————————

That was a phenomenal play by Pryor and you know it. News flash: WRs sometimes get concussions. He didn’t even hang Streater out to dry in that spot. He threw the ball precisely where it needed to be just over the defender. Streater caught it and was back on the ground before the safety hit him.

I figure you’re probably just trolling, but if not knocking Pryor for that play is comical.

• The_Judge37

212.the famous dr robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Unless Pryor excels Thursday, DA would be a fool to change course.

Start Flynn at Indy. He doesn’t have to worry about the fans (lunatics).

If Flynn does well, fans can’t say sh1t.

If he stinks, start Pryor and the crowd will love it.

There ya go.

Why waste a real game on Flynnart. We’ve already wasted practice reps and preseason reps on him.

• Marks hair

I wouldn’t have taken Geno before round 5.. I thought Manuel was the only guy with drafting in the first part of the draft.. tiny hands and a bad work ethic means you’re not my quarterback

• the famous dr robert

Marks Hair Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:21 pm
    who has taken the bigger hits so far Flynn or Pryor?

I’ll give you a hint 1 guy has a 360 degree blind side..
    ********
    And one is currently working on a 360 degree reverse tomahawk jump pass.

I was on the Pryor bandwagon from the start

***

OMG – this is such bull ish

the only guys on Pryor’s bandwagon from Day 1 besides Mistic & Kell where Raider O and myself

Actually Odouls & I wanted him in Oakland before the Supp draft

• SnBG

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:19 pm
    SnBG Says:

START PRYOR ALREADY.
    *******************************
    Whoknows Says:

I must commend you, that is quite the turnaround. Welcome aboard.
    ======================================================

””””””””””””””””””””
    Haha, I’ve always been a Pryor fan. Remember I was the pres of the Pryor brigade but I’m not going to bash Flynn because I want Pryor to start. I think I’ve been pretty far to both QBs. They deserve that. It’s hard to be fair here and give praise to another player

• elraidmanhattan

Chris since you are New York guy kudos….any blind person could see the pass to Streeter was incredible…scrambling and falling back as well

• nycraider

Yes a typical trip to Seattle would usually spell trouble for any QB. TP2 may not make it rain in Seattle but I would be floored if he didnt do enough to keep his job.

• the famous dr robert

Anyone who thinks a 20 yard jump pass is a good thing doesn’t know football.

• Marks hair

yeah we can guarantee that Flynn will never scramble and make a jump pass on target to one of our guys.. he will take that sack all day everyday and punt the ball…

• http://raiderettes.com MR..realest of the real, stickiest of the icky

I don’t see DA making Pryor the starter even if he excels Thursday. Seattle is going to be vanilla with a backup defense. I don’t see what can really be proven. Pryor hasn’t done much against 1′s. I can not picture Pryor, nor have I ever seen Pryor, execute anything like the 2 minute drill that Flynn executed against the Saints 1′s.

• elraidmanhattan

Pass to Kasa was nice, nothing compared to’the rivera and streeter passes…yeah no accuracy damn the pass to ford was nice as well, not bad for a guy who throws floaters

• RaidO

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Unless Pryor excels Thursday, DA would be a fool to change course.

Start Flynn at Indy. He doesn’t have to worry about the fans (lunatics).

If Flynn does well, fans can’t say sh1t.

If he stinks, start Pryor and the crowd will love it.

There ya go.
    ________________________

Flynn has a bad elbow. He will never make it through the season. No need to waste time on him. He can’t even make it through 3 preseason games. Flynn is done. This is Pryor’s team now..

• the famous dr robert

Nycraider Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    *********
    He will likely keep his job.

As backup.

Unless McGloin outplays him (likely).

• The_Judge37

220.elraidmanhattan Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    —–

It was a good play, but you have to also understand he’s going to keep doing things like that and they’re not always going to work. That’s a play much like his INT vs Dallas. Needs to learn to throw it away.

• SnBG

DMNed, typed the wrong button before I was pontificating about Flynn and Pryor. Why can’t you favor one player over the other and still praise the player you don’t favor..

• elraidmanhattan

Dr. You must be a 49er fan, no jump passes were thrown friday, you crave attention

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Why is everyone going on and on about jump passes?

• Whoknows

MR..Realest Of The Real, Stickiest Of The Icky Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:19 pm
    ****************************
    But what about the fact that no one was looking at his elbow when he got pulled and no ice? I watched the game again and I specifically looked for that. Guess what? Nada.
    All I saw was him hanging his head in shame.
    I mean, if your QB has to leave the game because his arm hurts that is usually call for immediate medical attention, don’t you think?

• the famous dr robert

RaidO Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Unless Pryor excels Thursday, DA would be a fool to change course.

Start Flynn at Indy. He doesn’t have to worry about the fans (lunatics).

If Flynn does well, fans can’t say sh1t.

If he stinks, start Pryor and the crowd will love it.

There ya go.
    ________________________

**********
    Says nobody of importance.

• nycraider

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    Nycraider Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    *********
    He will likely keep his job.

As backup.

Unless McGloin outplays him (likely).
    ——————–
    Lol, not sure how you measure performance because a TP2 has destroyed all your past theories.

• RaidO

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:28 pm
    RaidO Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Unless Pryor excels Thursday, DA would be a fool to change course.

Start Flynn at Indy. He doesn’t have to worry about the fans (lunatics).

If Flynn does well, fans can’t say sh1t.

If he stinks, start Pryor and the crowd will love it.

There ya go.
    ________________________

**********
    Says nobody of importance.
    ———————————-

FLYNN IS DONE

“Raiders coaches have “accepted” that quarterback Matt Flynn is not going to have success throwing longer than 25 yards.”

• elraidmanhattan

Judge i hear you, essentially you are right should have been thrown away, but damn what accuracy. These are things we will have to live with but i am good with it.

• the famous dr robert

Elraidmanhattan Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:28 pm
    ********
    That’s funny cuz everyone saw it.

It’s been talked about a lot on the radio.

• the famous dr robert

Nycraider Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    Nycraider Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    *********
    He will likely keep his job.

As backup.

Unless McGloin outplays him (likely).
    ——————–
    *********
    No he hasn’t. He sucks.

• the famous dr robert

Flynn had tendinitis last year.

He’s had I’ve in his arm all camp.

But these mdbbells think its made up.

• DJ Johnny

I don’t I’ve ever felt as down about this team as I did in the 1st half of that Bears game.

Pryor came in and actually DID THINGS…Productive things like scoring td’s.

It gave me hope that this season might not be a total loss.

I have no blog victory as my goal. Just Raider ones and what I’ve seen from Flynn…no hope.

I don’t dislike Flynn as a person. I felt sorry for him when he forced that half smile when congratulating Pryor. He looked like a guy who’s dream of being a starter was slipping away.

When I hear about him not being a guy interested in putting in extra work…I don’t know. It doesn’t smack of a guy committed to a dream of being a successful football player.

• elraidmanhattan

Nation please disregard Dr, obvious plant not a raider fan gets off by posting nonsensical messages

• Marks hair

I’ve been saying it since Flynn’s first game. he will take hits, he will get hurt, it will be pryors team either way..

Flynn just has poor pocket presence

• The_Judge37

236.elraidmanhattan Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:30 pm
    —–

Same here, we just can’t get too high on him or too low. He’ll have his moments both good and bad. Whether he becomes a successful QB depends on which habits does most, the good or the bad.

• nycraider

Isnt it funny how the anti pryor clan , tries to go after pryor on 1 pass. The dallas int was a bad pass, but this last pass was an impressive display by a playmaker. Yes Streater got hurt which is a fluke, but a QB such a s Flynn would have never made that pass because he would have been sacked 5 seconds earlier.
    Gonna be tough for some as TP2 continues to improve

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

elraidmanhattan Says:
    It is so obvious who are trolls here, like some ugly perverts on a dating site,
    =====================================================

Perverts? Oh, with an ‘e’. Never mind.

• C2E

Marks Hair Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Flynn just has poor pocket presence

This is true

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Lmao!!!!

watched the pryor highlight reel td run from the last game, and the bears broadcast was interviewing julious peppers as the play happens.

You see peppers begin to stutter while hypnotized by pryors matrix like escape skill until he falls completely silent mid word. then a look of pure disbelief washes across his face and he can only shake his head still unable to process what he just saw, trying to deny his eyes input.

the screen flashes back to pryor on the bench and team mates are walking up clearly excited and congratulating him, feeding off his dynamic leadership, and in creeps matt flynn

he slinks within a couple of feet of pryor sitys on his own helmet beneath pryor and forces a sheepish and fragile smile. The look that a boxer gives after waking up from a k o as he shakes the hand of the winner while sitting on his stool.

priceless

• elraidmanhattan

I guess when you are lucid you see things differently, anyone who thinks the 3 throws to streeter, ford,and rivera were jump balls needs to get on meds, see i am buying into dr. Crap

• Ghosttoothepost

Priesttj12 Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 3:40 pm
    We have seen a small sample size of PRYOR.. tons of question marks about KAEPERNICK last year.. even FRANK GORE and VERNON DAVIS were not on board with starting KAEPERNICK.. they all wanted the safe qb.

WEll that changed quickly. KAEP made his skeptics believers.
    *******************************************
    They are saying the exact same things about TP that thy said about Kappy last year. he’s green he’s not ready he doesn’t know the playbook he can’t make all the throws he’s not smart enough. I was listening to Papa earlier and he was saying the same thing he said about Kappy. He LOVES Alex Smiths dirty drawers and he didn’t think Kap would be consistent enough to run the offense……..the big difference is Flynn is just as green and on the contrary TP is hands down a better passer than Flynn. Flynn is a checkdown artist, while TP uses the entire field. Just the basic truth…….period
    ==================
    You make up chit as you go along, don’t you?

Not what Papa said, you fool.

Said on the run TP is equal to Kap. Then for emphasis, repeated ON THE RUN. Followed it with passing? Not even in the same league as Kap. Clearly stated doesn’t have the accuracy, or the arm strength. Pointed out how smart Kap is, re-emphasizing that, followed it with saying he does not believe TP is smart, or has not seen that.
    Added TP locks in on a receiver, and doesn’t see the whole field.

You drink this early in the day?

• elraidmanhattan

so everyone knows I am a white guy from Brooklyn, no agenda, i just know talent.