2,828

Live chat: Inside the Oakland Raiders, Wednesday at noon

Beat writer Jerry McDonald will host a live chat to get you ready for the Oakland Raiders’ final preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks.

cestrella

• mikeschoice

mcgoin ends up starter!

• RaidO

Mr. Heisman Lombardi Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:10 pm
    The defense did not play that bad. Pryor did nothing in the lst half.
    ————————-

Wilson destroyed the first string D

• 0ak r8rs

KoolKell Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:10 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:07 pm

What a joke. Last week Flynn had a 10 QBR or whatever and the Pryor brigade were all dancing a jig. Tonight Pryor has a 9 and they still are. They ruin this board. 0.0 objectivity or football savvy. One agenda for all.
    ————————————-
    Just because we disagree with you, entitled dumbass. Tell it to the Coaches.

@@@@@@@

No. It’s because you disagree w me and you’re retarded. Just so we r clear.

• Frozen Burrito

It’s the coaching. Denise did not have Pryor, the defense, even the rest if the coaching staff prepared to play football. At least we didn’t have to witness Flynn get eatin alive. Now there would have been a 0.0 qb rating. Flynns injury saved his face and his rump some serious pain and embarrassment.

• http://Heismantrophy.com Mr. Heisman Lombardi

everyone should be happy that we are seeing the final minutes of Willie Smith.

• the famous dr robert

i hate to be a guy who says i told u so, but…….

I TOLD U SO!!!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

McGloin looks good

• http://raiderettes.com MR..realest of the real, stickiest of the icky

you didn’t have to tell me, Robert. Of course we are the same person. ;)

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

USC down 5-3 to Hawaii in the 2nd… Lame might not make it back to the states.

• RaiderKenny24

Hey all. First time post,long time reader.

I don’t think this outing was THAT bad for Pryor. Two 3rd down throws that would have been first downs dropped by Mustrud and Moore.

Plus our terrible swiss cheese D could not get off the field and gave up points like clockwork this preseason. So by the 3rd possession Pryor felt like throwing a bomb,when he could have checked down,okay by me. Those INT’s are not that big of a deal IMO. Back breaker INT’s are those on 3rd downs,those that get returned for pick 6′s,and redzone. Which Pryor had in the Dallas game of course,and the kind that we got used to with Palmer.

Still think he has work to do of course but he had some nice passes to Streater (that were CAUGHT),converted 3rd downs and got points.

If the Raiders o-line gels and we can get a running game going I would like to see Olsen consider studying Kyle Shanahan’s version of the read option. The set up’s in his offense (from the mesh point,to the screens,to the big plays downfield due to the threat of a Pryor run/DMC sprint dive) can work very efficiently as a way to get long drives and big plays with a mobile QB behind center when you don’t have an all-pro o-line IMO.

Check this out if ya like: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1750917-nfl-2013-why-stopping-the-read-option-isnt-as-easy-as-you-think

That being said knowing D.A., Flynn was gonna start week one even if Pryor played flawless tonight. But I think Flynn’s limitations will creep up again,either via our theme of 20 point first half deficit’s or o-line struggles. Keep working Pryor,Olsen seems to like what you bring to the table. I’m 100% positive Pryor will start games this year at QB – because like Olsen said,the Raiders lack playmakers. So Flynn will have a short leash IMO.

- Sims and Menelik looking good are positives tonight.

- Raiders D: getting gashed and fooled by the bootleg offense since ’99 (or whenever Shanarat started doing that stuff in Denver) THIS is something I’m sick of. Where’s the “D” Dennis?

• Just Fire Baby

This idiot can’t pay attention enough to know the score.

I think he is being so lazy he is using a scoreboard on a laptop that is on some huge delay or something.

• Raidernationdave

Truth hurts doesn’t it a**wipe?

==============
    MistaBrown Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:05 pm
    Shut your hole fk face.
    _____

Raidernationdave Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

This team is schit

• raidertalk

Hopefully TP learned the lesson over throw on the bomb is smarter than underthrow

• the famous dr robert

ahh, the jump pass. a thing of beauty.

• http://Heismantrophy.com Mr. Heisman Lombardi

Wilson destroyed the first string D
    ==================================

No he didn’t. they got one 50 yard play against a backup safety, Usama Young. And Young had pretty good coverage.

• mikeschoice

nate stupar deflects ball for int 9ers

• the famous dr robert

MR..Realest Of The Real, Stickiest Of The Icky Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:14 pm
    you didn’t have to tell me, Robert. Of course we are the same person.
    **********

of course. everyone knows that.

• RaidingTexas

MistaBrown Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:09 pm
    Lets not talk about Hussein invading Syria without congress approval. Afterall Hussein/Biden ripped Bush about it in 2007 and Biden was talking impeachment.

Yah lets not go there

——————————————–

Every President since FDR – except Ford – has violated the Constitution over lack of Congressional declaration of war. Why single out BO over that?

• LTR

I see no upside in Flynn. He will not carry this team with his arm and every D will stack the box so we can’t run. Pryor has upside and may open up the run game, but there are going to be some huge growing pains to be sure. It won’t matter in the big picture if our 1′s can’t force a punt we will never win.

• RaidO

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm
    i hate to be a guy who says i told u so, but…….

I TOLD U SO!!!
    ———————–

Pryor still looked better than Flynn did against the Bears.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

way to throw it away

• rediaR

Damn, Kearse is not in a cuttable position on their depth chart.

• the famous dr robert

everyone ready to root for Mr. Flynncredible?

• http://raiderettes.com MR..realest of the real, stickiest of the icky

It’s called politics as usual, Texas.

Of the president didn’t do anything about Syria, MB would be calling him a liberal wuss, making America look scurred, etc.

• the famous dr robert

RaidO Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:15 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm
    i hate to be a guy who says i told u so, but…….

I TOLD U SO!!!
    ———————–

Pryor still looked better than Flynn did against the Bears.
    **********

9.9 rating says he didn’t.

• rediaR

Willy “Pinwheel” Smith showing his value.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

RaidingTexas Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:10 pm
    Raidernationdave Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:04 pm
    This team is schit

—————————————

No pass rush. Inconsistent receivers. Backup quality quarterbacks. Mediocre special teams.

That’s a recipe for completely epic failure of colossal proportions.

====

When they were carving $50M off the cap in dead money and dealing with the second straight year of less than a full hand of draft picks, did you really expect more?

Well, I would’ve expected better special teams. They have a team full of second stringers after all, so they should have a wealth of experience there.

Just like last year, I’m not looking for wins. I’m looking for key developments of individual players that are good long term investments. I’m looking for the formation of chemistry. I’m looking the beginnings of a system to build on.

I’m also considering playing my fantasy players against the Raiders against my standard policy of not wanting a conflict in interest.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Care to withdraw this ignorant statement?
    ______

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm

McGloin looks good

• Irish Boozer

Flynn looks like he’s putting everything he’s got into it with a 15 yard throw. That’s pathetic! Pryor at least has a skillset that can be utilized through clever play calling and execution. I coined Flynn “The Flyncess” because we might as well be playing with a girl if Flynn’s out there. Call it tendonitis, call it a noodle arm, call it anything you want. The fact is, the dude can’t throw, and if your QB can’t throw, shouldn’t he at least be able to run? The only reasoning behind Flynn starting would be a flat out lack of heart, desire, and will to win. A flat out lack of giving a damn by this organization from top to bottom. I think it all stems from DA. He strikes me as a phony who’s in way over his head and knows it. And I think the players see it too, and doubt everything they do because of it. I can’t think of one genuine thing DA has ever said. It is all double speak, saying a lot while saying nothing at all. Its all coach speak, and that’s fine, but first you need to be a coach!

• shutdown

Priest,

We’re not even talking about the “learning curve” of recognizing NFL defenses, at least I’m not. I’m willing to cut any young, talented, and inexperienced qb time to learn that part of being an NFL qb (not forever, mind you, but “time”). I’m talking fundamental mechanics of the skills necessary to play qb. He has escapability at best, and then only when they aren’t expecting him to run. He is NOT a passer and by that I don’t simply mean arm strength, which is the least important aspect of being a passer. Mind you, Flynn has shown me nothing, but I’m talking TP here.

I think of Tebow and Pryor, two very different yet two very talented athletes whose dreams of succeeding at playing starting QB at the NFL level is a pipe dream. One wonders just why they can’t accept that they might not love football as much as they think–instead, they love their visions of themselves as QB. Otherwise, they’d switch positions.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Willie Smith!!

• http://Heismantrophy.com Mr. Heisman Lombardi

looks liek the last few minutes of Willie Smith are not going to fly by fast enough

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Pryor still looked better than Flynn did against the Bears.”

If a dog took a dump on my carpet it would look better than Flynn

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

MistaBrown Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    Care to withdraw this ignorant statement?
    ______

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm

McGloin looks good

===

Care to stop calling the kettle black?

• rediaR

I’d rather see the 6 million dollar man throw to Pryor than Pryor throw to Ford.

• C2E

mcgloin practice squad

• logic82

0ak r8rs Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:07 pm

===================================
    I’ve said it time and time again. Who starts should not be the concern. The concern is will we have enough QB’s on hand to last the season. That’s why I have been far more critical of DA than I have of the QB’s. He should have been getting them ready to step in if when any one of them goes down especially given the state of Flynn’s arm.

• raidertalk

McGloin holding it for five seconds. And interviewing Zach Miller. Tough night

• mikeschoice

most teams are going to have a hard time making cuts-
    we don’t have that problem

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Because he criticized Bush for it. Why do what you railed against 5 years ago? I hate a hypoctite. It’s a lack of leadership. Thats why.

Do you get it or do I need to get color crayons and draw you and MR a picture?
    _______

RaidingTexas Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:15 pm

• LTR

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    RaidO Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:15 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm
    i hate to be a guy who says i told u so, but…….

I TOLD U SO!!!
    ———————–

Pryor still looked better than Flynn did against the Bears.
    **********

9.9 rating says he didn’t.
    *******************************
    Pryor moved the chains better than Flynn and probably had more yards rushing than Flynn had passing.

• http://Heismantrophy.com Mr. Heisman Lombardi

here comes the future of the Raiders, tyler Wilson

• RaidO

RediaR Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:17 pm
    —————–

Flynn can’t throw that far.

• DeepFriedTofu

Priesttj12 Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I guess Elway Montana and all teh great never threw a single int. Here we go he must be perfect in order to start for us. Flynn can suck all he wants but Pryor must be perfect………let the kid learn man.

Whomever starts out of this bunch is going to have a steep learning curve jujst ask yourself who haws the best upside and roll with them.
    /////
    McGloin

• the famous dr robert

31 yards passing on 3 completions.

that’s pretty good.

just think. 62 yard a game would be all ours with pryor.

• Raidernationdave

MistaBrown = Myopian

• 0ak r8rs

Seahawks announcers chalking this up as a win w 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Can’t say I blame them.

• Chris in NY

Pryor is the starter. Case closed. Not even close.

Also, fvck Kluwe’s holding skills. Roll with King.

• raidertalk

And their kicker is making fifty yarders like nothing…

• rudegruden

Shutdown Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    Priest,

—————
    Pryor = Tebow

Flynn = Quinn

Either way we are f*cked.