Speculation has Pryor as Raiders QB

At least two purveyors of opinion have made a strong case for Terrelle Pryor as the Raiders starting quarterback when the regular-season begins Sept. 8.

San Jose Mercury News-Bay Area News Group columnist Tim Kawakami believes Pryor managed a difficult environment well enough and that his mobility provides a better chance for the Raiders to remain in games. His Web column can be found here.

Sports Illustrated writer Jim Trotter echoes some of the same sentiments and believes the Raiders in their current state would best be served by Pryor over Matt Flynn. His story can be found here.

As a side note, the story Trotter filed had lead paragraphs nearly identical to the ones I filed Thursday night on my final write-through for the Web and morning papers.

I think I’ll call Jim after Dennis Allen’s conference call (scheduled for 5:15 p.m.) to get me started.

Some teams have begun to announce their cuts to get to the 53-man roster, which must be done Saturday. The Raiders could do so if they desire once players are informed, or they can wait until Saturday and do it all at once. Either way, the guess is there won’t be a lot of hard information coming from Allen this evening.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Al_is_theraiders

turbin just took roach for a ride td…

• Relentless

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:13 pm
    E–I don’t want this to be a wasted season.

I feel I know what it will look like with each.

I’m getting nervous. Just like I did when early returns showed McClain leading in ‘08. I flipped then too. “U gotta be fvcking kidding! 8 years isn’t enuff for this country? We can’t have a black man? We’d rather have more bullsh1t?”

Then the good news started to come in.
    —–
    The year is already a waste. A bunch of castaways and 99 cent players. This doesn’t sound like a special team.

• Raider E

Rob,

You should really refrain from counting your money while your still sitting at the table.

There will be time enough for counting, or compulsive gloating in your case, when the dealing is done.

que Kenny Rogers :)

• the famous dr robert

Relentless Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:12 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:10 pm
    Best sign this org knows what it’s doing?

Cutting/trading the 4th best passer on the team and building a winner instead of capitulating to the crowd.
    —–
    I know you’re talking about Wilson and not the newly crowned starter.
    *******
    Yeah right.

Pryor has the 4th best passing stats.

What do other teams do after preseason?

Cut the worst.

Here, the fans DEMAND the worst.

Idiotic. I will be embarrassed to be a Raider fan as the season opens up. More jokes by friends back home.

All so avoidable.

C’mon DA. Be smart or get out.

• raideralex99

Why is this arguing about who should start at QB still going on?
    Both of them have yet to prove they are starting QBs in the NFL.
    We had a good starting QB remember … We chase him out of town and called him a quitter.
    Be careful what you wish for.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Silverandblack666 Says:

Jesus,

I heard that you heal all kinds of sickness and even cure cancer!

Why are you prejudice against amputee’s?

Why wont you heal them?
    ========================================================

Fixes crabs, shrimp, and frogs all the time. What, you think you’re special?

• Jesus

Let’s talk about passing stats. How about 3-6 with 3 turnovers? Does that inspire confidence?

• RaidingTexas

Raideralex99 Says:

We chase him out of town and called him a quitter.

——————————–

I think his actions and words made him a quitter. Twice. In Cincy and in Oakland.

• the famous dr robert

I’m wondering if the press just wants to create a “Pryor should obviously start” rumor so they can rip the org when Flynn starts.

With Flynn, we start 2-0 and they can fat dicks.

• Raider E

——————————————-

The jokes will be frequent regardless of the QB.

In case you haven’t noticed, WR is the worst position group by far. It has been for at least 5 years.

• C2E

Raidernationdave Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    4 – 12 again.

DA comes off as a softy. A marshmallow. If the players feared and respected him they wouldn’t make stupid, boneheaded plays like Lamarr’s “lining up in the neutral zone” that kept another drive alive and which again led to pts. There is no discipline with this team.

DA to get his walking papers mid-year.

*****************************

Stabler76 1-15

LTR 4-12

JLofty 6-10

mikep562 12-4

c2e 3-13

• RaidingTexas

Berg to “miss some time” now. Good thing?

• the famous dr robert

Jesus Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:17 pm
    ^*******
    Yeah and he STILL had a better rating than pryors comical 9.9.

U have to take the preseason as a whole.

Flynn far and away superior to Pryor as a passer.

Pryor fans NEVER talk passing. It’s always slippery “other” things.

He’s a qb! Pass the fvcking ball or beat it.

• DJ Johnny

RaidingTexas Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    Raideralex99 Says:

We chase him out of town and called him a quitter.

——————————–

He didn’t quit in Oakland. H

• RaidingTexas

Put me down for 6-10. DA does not get fired.

• the famous dr robert

Raider E Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

——————————————-

The jokes will be frequent regardless of the QB.

*********
    I think they will do ok with a good passer.

Palmer put up 4k in 14 games.

• Jesus

It is the QBs job to lead the team and score points. I don’t see that when Flynn is on the field.

• Raider E

raideralex99 Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:16 pm
    Why is this arguing about who should start at QB still going on?
    Both of them have yet to prove they are starting QBs in the NFL.
    Be careful what you wish for.

————————————-

I knew this would happen too. I was vehemently against the Flynn trade. I thought RM should stick with Palmer and bite the bullet with his contract, and let Pryor and a drafted QB battle it out for the #2 spot.

Reggie stepped on his own dck with the Flynn move. He could have signed a number of FA QB’s that are just as good and not given up any picks as well.

• DJ Johnny

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:21 pm
    RaidingTexas Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    Raideralex99 Says:

We chase him out of town and called him a quitter.

——————————–

He didn’t quit in Oakland. He had a contract and Reggie wanted to pay him less than what the agreed contract stated.

Then…Reggie traded him.

I don’t see how that is quitting.

• Relentless

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:16 pm
    Relentless Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:12 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:10 pm
    Best sign this org knows what it’s doing?

—–
    I know you’re talking about Wilson and not the newly crowned starter.
    *******
    Yeah right.

Pryor has the 4th best passing stats.

What do other teams do after preseason?

Cut the worst.

Here, the fans DEMAND the worst.

All so avoidable.

C’mon DA. Be smart or get out.
    —–
    We all take heat at home from friends colleagues and family. Eff em. But even if Flynn starts this is gonna be a LONG year.

• Al_is_theraiders

bergstrom was pushed back into pryor like a little kid on pink roller skates…

• RaidingTexas

DJ Johnny Says:

He didn’t quit in Oakland.

———————————

Widely reported back in April. Feel free to fact check. he wanted out of Oakland. That is quitting.

• stablersbeard

“There is no question in my mind he will put in the extra hours. I am nervous that he is just too mistake prone. Maybe live reps will work that out, but there have been hundreds of players in the NFL that just never figure it out mentally.”

++++

I agree with that 100%

I really hope he suddenly gets it and tears it up. I’d be the happiest guy around if that happened. I’m tired of having incompetent quarterbacks leading the team.

• Marks hair

id start flynn if reg wants him in there.. this season is all about not getting fired for da. if reg doesn’t care then play tp..

• Al_is_theraiders

shrek owns the 4-12 record and will own this crsp of a year….

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

“Significant” foot injury — I wonder if this means IR?

• the famous dr robert

Jesus Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:22 pm
    ******
    That’s such a dumb thing to say. Honestly.

That’s so undefinable.

It’s a qbs job to DO HIS JOB. PASS THE BALL.

He doesn’t get credit for handing the ball off.

• Raider E

I think they will do ok with a good passer.

Palmer put up 4k in 14 games.

———————————-

Moore and Streater? Come on man. These to were top 4 in drop rate, and more is steadily declining further.

Streater has a chance, and might be a solid WR in the future.

The other guys Palmer threw to are either not WR’s or not on the team anymore.

• Al_is_theraiders

the sooner shrek is out of here the sooner the raiders can get back to winning…

• RaidingTexas

Report: Carson Palmer would rather play for less elsewhere than take paycut with Raiders

————————————

Quitter. Just like he did in Cincy.

“I’m not getting my way here, so I’ll throw a fit like a little baby until you trade me!!!!!”

• Al_is_theraiders

again…shreks players dont fail they get “hurt”

• Al_is_theraiders

nobody wants to play for shrek…

• the famous dr robert

I mean what the fvck is “leading” by a qb?

Does he stand there and point the way to the endzone?

Does he get out his pom poms and cheer?

Pass the fvcking ball or get out.

Hand it off and let the rbs run.

It’s football. Not some imaginary dream in need of an inspirational speech.

• Jesus

477.the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    Jesus Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:22 pm
    ******
    That’s such a dumb thing to say. Honestly.

That’s so undefinable.

It’s a qbs job to DO HIS JOB. PASS THE BALL.

He doesn’t get credit for handing the ball off.
    ===========================================
    How is it undefinable? Put points on the board. Defined.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:27 pm

the sooner shrek is out of here the sooner the raiders can get back to winning…

==================================

Like seven straight 11-loss seasons?

• the famous dr robert

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:27 pm
    again…shreks players dont fail they get “hurt”
    ********
    Have you ever posted anything that wasn’t completely stupid?

• Marks hair

either way we’re going down.. its gonna be ugly

• Al_is_theraiders

shrek is batting 1.000 in losing seasons…this will be the 2nd.

• Al_is_theraiders

svck ac0ck flip flop…

• RaidO

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    I mean what the fvck is “leading” by a qb?

Does he stand there and point the way to the endzone?

Does he get out his pom poms and cheer?

Pass the fvcking ball or get out.

Hand it off and let the rbs run.

It’s football. Not some imaginary dream in need of an inspirational speech.
    ——-

Looks like Pryors going to be the starter. You will have to leave this blog. NOBODY wants to hear your constant nonsense. You are not a Raider fan. You are just a Pryor hater.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:

R8ER MIKE Says:lol … when it comes to nicknames, if
    Raider O didnt give it to you , it aint $hit !!

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    Okay, fine!
    Nancy Chimpanzee and Inonemonkeyturd.

Pending O’s approval, of course.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Lol
    Who is Nancy? I guess that’s ok.
    Inonemonkeyturd is unacceptable. Inonewordraider is a nice guy and a good poster. I prefer Riot Monkey since he likes to riot. lol
    ====================================================

Inone and Miss Tick(Nancy) were swinging purses and calling each other that.

• the famous dr robert

Jesus Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    477.the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    Jesus Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:22 pm
    ******
    That’s such a dumb thing to say. Honestly.

That’s so undefinable.

It’s a qbs job to DO HIS JOB. PASS THE BALL.

He doesn’t get credit for handing the ball off.
    ===========================================
    How is it undefinable? Put points on the board. Defined.
    ********
    Go ahead and tell me how a qb “puts points in the board”.

Now tell me he doesn’t need to be a good passer at the same time.

• Raider E

the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    I mean what the fvck is “leading” by a qb
    —————————————

You have got to be kidding. You are opening yourself up for a barrage of KO punches with statements like this.

Take a walk, Rob. Come back after you have calmed down because you are making little to no sense now.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Will there be 1 game sold out this year?

• RaiderRetribution

Watson officially starting LT for season opener vs Indianapolis.

• Raider E

Now tell me he doesn’t need to be a good passer at the same time.

————————————-

Tell me he doesn’t need to lead the offense again.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

New post, compadres.

• RaidingTexas

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    shrek is batting 1.000 in losing seasons…this will be the 2nd.

———————————-

Looks like he may have batted 1.000 in the first three rounds of this year’s draft, though. Hayden, Sio and Watson all look like potential keepers.

• Al_is_theraiders

pryor nice tight throw to streater…

• the famous dr robert

Raider E Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    August 30th, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    I mean what the fvck is “leading” by a qb
    —————————————

********
    Knockouts? On a blog?

By a bunch of know-nothing hyenas?

Go ahead and define “leading” as a qb.

Tell me how it makes lack of passing ability ok.

Leading? By “putting points on the board”.

That sh1t would be laughed outta the room in a coaches meeting.

U know how u “move the ball” and “put points on the board” as a qb?

Pass well.

U know how u “lead”? Be a head coach.

Look at the top passers in the NFL.

Funny that they’re also the biggest winners.

Now look at the worst rated passers. Any “winners”?

Tebow was a “leader”. Want him?