Raiders transactions release

The Oakland Raiders have claimed the following players via waivers on Sunday. They will be added to the active roster.

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College

McClain, Antoine (via Bal.) G 6-5 336 1 Clemson

Sanford, Brian (via Cle.) DT 6-2 280 3 Temple

Antoine McClain: McClain spent the entire 2012 season on the Baltimore Ravens’ practice squad after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent.

McClain appeared in 54 games over his collegiate career for Clemson from 2008-11, making 41 starts. He started every game from 2009-11, the only member of the team to do so. As a senior, McClain helped the Tigers win the ACC Championship and earn a spot in the Orange Bowl after helping pave the way for RB Andre Ellington to rush for 1,178 yards and 11 TDs on the year.

Brian Sanford: Sanford has spent the previous three seasons as a member of the Cleveland Browns after originally signing with the team as an undrafted free agent in 2010. Sanford spent the first seven weeks of the 2012 season on Cleveland’s practice squad before being signed to the active roster, and appeared in one game before being placed on the Reserve/Injured list on Nov. 2. Sanford made his NFL debut on Dec. 4, 2011 and played in five games for the Browns in 2011 after spending the first 12 weeks of the campaign on the practice squad. He spent his rookie season in 2010 on the Browns’ practice squad before being elevated to the active roster for the season’s final eight games, but was inactive for all of them.

Sanford appeared in 43 games during his four-year collegiate career at Temple, where he posted 86 tackles, eight sacks, three forced fumbles, and one blocked field goal during his career.

The Raiders have made the corresponding roster moves to make room on the 53-man roster.

Released the following player:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College

Kluwe, Chris P 6-4 210 9 UCLA

Waived the following player:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College

Wilson, Tyler QB 6-2 215 R Arkansas

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Marks hair

yeah but that was a wild swing and a miss.. because there were multiple players at positions that could have actually helped us this yr…

Wilson looked like as big of a project as pryor was coming out of college.. without all the talent

• Raider E

6 days and a wake-up.

• raiderfankirk

ElkGRaider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:05 pm
    Surprised to see all the puzzies in here.

1. Bass cut? Who the f cares?! He was outplayed by our other rookie DE

2. Wasted pick on Wilson? So let me get this straight…guys would be happier cutting the better qb just because he was undrafted?

3. People going crazy when we had 4 qbs and 2 punters? U guys eat up all the talking heads spin…

A bunch of girls in here…
    —————–
    Nope.. Making a better pick would make us all happier. Yes I know shizt happens. It’s a blog.

• CDERaider

Gaither will get signed after week 1 when Veldheer is moved to IR.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

500 k is nothing to nfl franchise, even this one so why worry about Wilson’s wallet?

If Watson & Hayden become good players full time starters doesn’t that make this an a grade draft?

I mean how many starters are supposed to be typical from a 5-6 round draft class?

Over reacting to Wilson is mostly being done by people that bought into the Wilson is the ” pure passer” garbage

Lol

• Marks hair

704. yup

• J Hill

Unbelievable how thin our LB corps are.

And a 235lb MLB?????

• Troll Patrol 55

Brutusmaxximus Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 6:53 pm
    I think it might be good for the Raiders to move Pryor to wr or te. Start Flynn and when the Raiders are trailing 42-0 at the half, let McGloin qb the 2nd half. After 3 or 4 games, McGloin should be ready to start and I believe will be a very good qb. Before the idiots start ranting and raving, everyone throws int’s. Montana did and so did Starr. Remember how bad Bradshaw looked for the first couple of years? Hell, he got beat out by a crack head at qb!

_____________________

I agree dr rob. Except Pryor stays at QB. Ya dig?

• hendu

Yup spud, put your money where the mouth is,im sure u donate in other ways. Troll

• Marks hair

we are a 43 team. we’re not supposed to have that many linebackers

• raiderfankirk

The one thing that I have heard about Reg that bothers me is that he goes by his board instead of need. If you need it, then draft it.

• raiderfankirk

Troll Patrol 55 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:15 pm
    Brutusmaxximus Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 6:53 pm

_____________________

I agree dr rob. Except Pryor stays at QB. Ya dig?

————–
    lmfao again. what a clown

• Raider E

Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL 19s
    Just got a text saying #Raiders are looking into acquiring Tebow.

• Marks hair

I just can’t understand how Wilson was Reggies BPA in round 4..
    I didn’t see him as a draftable player.. maybe round 7

• 0ak r8rs

Raideralex99 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 7:25 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 7:20 pm
    I know there are several if u guys that get it out there.

But it’s like a swarm of zombies.

Slow and dumb but a relentless horde.

Just drooling and mindlessly clawing at the door and windows.

Shoot a few in the head but by time u reload, there’s twice as many.

“Night of the Living Pryor Brigade”
    ============================================
    Now that funny.

I really want Pryor to start just to show that these morons and Reggie are clueless.
    Flynn can’t throw the long ball … LMFAO …. hello no ficken QB in the history of the NFL could throw the long ball behind this OL … You need at least 3 seconds.

@@@@@@@@

And btw, you’re quite the Raider fan, aren’t you? In one sentence you call guys that support Reggie morons and actually say that you’re rooting for him to be exposed as clueless. So, in other words, to further your agenda, you r actually rooting against our GMs success?

Your worse than any troll on here. Al_is and Trapp and DHS and Marks Hair have predetermined they Reggie sucks, which is annoying enough. But I’ve ever seen any of them say they r actually rooting for Reggie to fail. They just think he’s a failure. Totally different thing.

I’d punch you in the nose of I could and take any Raider paraphernalia on your possession (if you actually have any) and burn it. Because you don’t deserve to have our colors in your house. Douche bag.

• CDERaider

When Nick Roach was signed he was listed as 245 – and now he’s 236? He’s going to get pushed around in there. He did in preseason that’s for sure. But the dline was not there so we’ll see what happens.

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

I know I am late to the party and this has probably been mentioned but…

If Wilson and Kluwe were cut before the deadline then there would have been room to keep Bass, who seemed like a player with potential.

Instead, Bass is lost to the Bears and Wilson and Kluwe are on the street anyway.

I am over thinking the room here?

• J Hill

—————————————————————————–

Odds are it would have been a backup player at best.

You can add all the hindsight in the world and bash the pick now.

4th rd QB is a project. The team like the OTHER project QB better.

This team WAS is desperate need of QB prospects during the draft. How can you have THIS big of an issue with cutting a guy who was at best going to be holding a clip board all season?

• the famous dr robert

SpudRaider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 7:54 pm
    the famous dr robert Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 7:22 pm
    It’s hard to believe there are actual living people in this world who are this dumb.
    *******************
    Sorry Doc…take a look in the mirror.
    ********
    Just did.

It’s like an Adonis.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

I would be interested to know how many teams found a starter in the 4th round in this draft at any position. I mean even most l s & DBS wr & backs in that round or later are typically special teams guys aren’t they?

I don’t think whiffing in the 4th is a big deal at all. Whiffing in rounds 1-2 is crucial, rd 3 isn’t ideal but won’t cripple you.

Rounds 4-6 mean nothing

• raiderfankirk

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Lol
    ——————-
    See your point. Just sometimes your agenda out ways your opinion.

• J Hill

I’m just glad we aren’t sitting here talking about why the F we took Geno Smith at 3.

• Marks hair

I don’t have an issue with cutting Wilson..
    my point is he should have been cut yesterday so that we didn’t dump bass a player with actual value to us..
    the other point is that Wilson should never have been drafted at all

• raiderfankirk

Raider E Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL 19s
    Just got a text saying #Raiders are looking into acquiring Tebow
    ———————-
    I’ll cancel Sunday ticket.

• CDERaider

Sims will likely not last the season he’s been hurt at some point every year of his career except one, he’s only played 16 games once in his career and that was 2009. Has never started more than 8 games and the last time was 2011.

Bilukidi needs to be ready step it up big time and get in the rotation starting game 1. I’m sure DA is getting him prepared and all fired up with inspiring coaching (yawn…)

• Kirk

Am I the only one that is looking forward to seeing Pryor, McFadden, Reece, Rivera, Streater, and Moore on the field for the first time?

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

Marks hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I don’t have an issue with cutting Wilson..
    the other point is that Wilson should never have been drafted at all
    ……..

I was thinking along those lines myself.

• raiderfankirk

J Hill Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:22 pm
    —————-
    Hell ya to that one.

• 0ak r8rs

Raider E Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL 19s
    Just got a text saying #Raiders are looking into acquiring Tebow.

@@@@@@@

Stop it. You’re not funny.

• J Hill

4-3 teams don’t start 235lb MLBs!

WTF is goinz on round here?????

• the famous dr robert

Marks Hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:19 pm
    I just can’t understand how Wilson was Reggies BPA in round 4..
    I didn’t see him as a draftable player.. maybe round 7
    *********
    Well EVERY nfl analyst and scout disagreed.

Easy for u to say now.

He easily has the passing skills.

Something more to this story.

• 0ak r8rs

Raiderfankirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:25 pm
    J Hill Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:22 pm
    —————-
    Hell ya to that one.

@@@@@@@@

LMFAO!!!

• raiderfankirk

Kirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    ———————
    No, don’t think so. Ausbeery over rivera.

• CDERaider

Raider E Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL 19s
    Just got a text saying #Raiders are looking into acquiring Tebow.

—————————————–

The Raiders are placing Mychel Rivera on waivers to make room for the dynamic Tebow. He’s going to take the #4 QB spot vacated by Tyler Wilson. He’s getting a 4 yr $20 million contract to play for the silver and black.

Terrell Davis tweets : “I told ya so..”

• Kirk

raiderfankirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:26 pm
    Kirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    ———————
    No, don’t think so. Ausbeery over rivera.
    ………………………………………………

Whatever. We have yet to see our first string offense, and what they can do. There is some talent there.

• Marks hair

why didn’t you complain about roach b4? he was always small.

• J Hill

Not at all, Kirk.

I’d actually like to see Pryor in the shotgun with DMac, Butler, Ford, Streater, and Ausberry.

• raiderfankirk

Kirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:27 pm
    raiderfankirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:26 pm
    Kirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    ———————
    No, don’t think so. Ausbeery over rivera.
    ………………………………………………

————–
    Yes there is.

• J Hill

Actually just noticed it when I was looking at the LB roster on Raiders.com.

Thought we had more than 5 and was trying to figure out who the backup MLB is.

• 0ak r8rs

Back-N-Black Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:20 pm
    I know I am late to the party and this has probably been mentioned but…

I am over thinking the room here?

@@@@@@@@

That’s a very concise and intelligent take. And it’s been brought up about 30 times. But it hasn’t helped. Go figure.

• Marks hair

I didn’t make my opinion on Wilson yesterday these are the things I said the second we drafted him.. he was a major project with small hands mechanical problems and he played in a system that looked nothing like a pro style offense.. especially a wco.. it wasn’t hindsight..

I only had manual as a draftable first rounder
    geno in rd 2 or 3 and thats about it until rd 6 or 7

• raiderfankirk

Marks hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:27 pm
    why didn’t you complain about roach b4? he was always small.
    ——-
    I’m worried about Burnett. Lokked alittle slow.?

• Buckeyeraider

G’evening fellas.

Where the hell is the pass rush gonna come from? We just suffered through a preseason where Romo, Brees, Cutler and Wilson had seemingly all day to throw. Marched up and down the field and damn near scored at will.

So they respond by cutting their best vet pass rusher in Carter..who looked good towards the end of last year. Maybe he was getting long in the tooth and slowing down.. I don’t know.

And they cut promising draft pick David Bass, man I thought that kid looked intriguing. Quick 1st step and some burst. Maybe a lil undersized. I said the other day I thought a year in a pro weight room would do him some good. Maybe they tried to sneak him through to the PS, and it didn’t work.

I surely hope Tarver was playing it close to the vest and not wanting to show all his cards in preseason..and he’s going to blow us all away with some creative blitz packages once the games start for real on Sunday.

Or else this could get real fuggin ugly, real quick.

• the famous dr robert

Fantasy draft went beautifully today

Qb: newton/dalton/Flynn
    RB: Martin/bush/Richardson
    WR: Marshall/smith/Johnson/Moore/little
    TE: Rudolph
    K: tucker
    D: 49ers

Smith, Moore, little, and Rudolph all 3rd year players with building success ready for breakout years.

• CDERaider

I had seen this info when Roach was signed..

shows him at 246 – but I guess he’s 10 pounds less than that..

Need to gang tackle – Branch better be up in run support alot this year..

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

I don’t care about bass either. Preseason standout? Not really a couple of plays in one game is not worth freaking out.

Focus on the first 3 picks that’s how drafts are graded not Connor vernon & bass & McGuffey

• 0ak r8rs

Raiderfankirk Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:31 pm
    Marks hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:27 pm
    why didn’t you complain about roach b4? he was always small.
    ——-
    I’m worried about Burnett. Lokked alittle slow.?

@@@@@@@

No. I don’t think so. He looks slow because he’s so damned big I think. He’s been solid in pass protection and made some nice tackles out on the sidelines. He’s gonna be great for us. If the DL holds up.

• the famous dr robert

Marks Hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I only had manual as a draftable first rounder
    geno in rd 2 or 3 and thats about it until rd 6 or 7
    *********
    Link?

• Marks hair

hope the Burnett’s looked lost

• CDERaider

Buckeyeraider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 8:31 pm
    G’evening fellas.

Or else this could get real fuggin ugly, real quick.
    ————————————

Yeah, like in 6 days from now quick.. Luck ain’t no joke and forget about blizing him – he’ll carve you up. Raiders are 10.5 point underdogs and just checked out CBS sports .com they all have Colts covering that spread.

I hope they’re wrong. I hope we can somehow get a win – but after what we’ve seen in preseason?? ugh…