Wilson, Kluwe off the roster

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, September 1st, 2013 at 12:05 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders have apparently reduced their glut of quarterbacks and punters by waiving fourth-round draft pick Tyler Wilson and releasing punter Chris Kluwe.

The Raiders have not announced any transactions, but are expected to do so later Sunday. Profootballtalk.com reported Wilson would be waived, and Kluwe congratulated Marquette King on his Twitter account on winning the punting job.

Wilson performed well in offseason, non-contact workouts but was outperformed by Matt McGloin, an undrafted free agent out of Penn State. He becomes the second member of the draft class to be waived, along with seventh-round selection David Bass.

Bass was claimed off waivers by the Chicago Bears. Wilson, if he were to unclaimed, could be added to the Raiders practice squad. The Raiders paid Wilson a $491,000 signing bonus.

• RaiderKenny24

willy91137 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:28 pm

RaiderKenny24 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Teddy B 1st quarter…

10/11 – 138 yrds – 12.5 avg – 2 TD’s
    =======================
    in the first pic of 2014 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
    ———————–

Oops,never mind Teddy just threw a pick. I’m back on the Clowney train now (JK)…

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
    12/14 181 12.9 3 1

• Marks hair

no credibility

• raideralex99

Willy91137 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    RaiderKenny24 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Teddy B 1st quarter…

10/11 – 138 yrds – 12.5 avg – 2 TD’s
    =======================
    ==================================
    Are you kidding me?
    When was the last time the Raiders drafted a good QB?

• CDERaider

Raideralex99 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    Hey whatever happened to all those “In Reggie We Trust” posts …. LMFAO.
    Good job Mark you hired the right GM to take the team to LA.

———————————————

Yep. But LA doesn’t want a loser. But I guess an empty 2013 O.co and disgusted fans will allow Mark to show the NFL ‘see, I tried..’. If losing is what he wants, he’s done a fine job.

• severeraiderz

Oak R8rs

Didn’t Al cut Moses who was a 3rd rounder that year?

• the famous dr robert

Raider Riff Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    Marley Bob Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    Riff.

Don’t feed the troll.

We know what’s up.

—-

That’s the only thing this place is good for. Watching Dr Douche have his meltdowns on a daily basis. He’s so pissed at me right now. He’s getting a small sample of his own medicine.

Anytime you want to talk just football and no BS, youre welcome to come over to the “other place” any time Bob. We’ve all been waiting for you. Just post your email and I’ll send you the link.
    **********

1) i’m mad? lol. u mean zilch to me dick head.
    2) u like to cause “meltdowns”? that’s why u come here? sounds like the definition of a troll. thanks for admitting it.
    3) go to ur “other” place. permanently. no one will miss u.

• J Hill

Ok, Riff.

So you’re sabotaging this blog so we’ll come over to yours?

LOL

• Raider Riff

The Famous Dr Robert Says:

hey look. a crossposting chicken sh1t who claims others are dishonest.

———

No “claims”. It was just proven.

You lied about your Wilson prognostication. Proven by NY.

You lie about your faith. Proven by the fact that you dont act anything like a “good christian”.

You lie about your Raider fandom. Proven by the fact that you enjoy it when we struggle.

Meltdown…. Meltdown…. Meltdown…..

• the famous dr robert

looks like the Pryor Brigade is rallying together to throw sticks at the Doctor.

oh well, suck it.

pryor sucks. and that’s that. u hate me for it. it’s ok.

u all keep talking and talking about me.

i’m pretty sure u think about me in ur private lives.

pretty funny.

hugs and kisses.

now say my name b1tches.

• Marks hair

watching this team work just give me brain bubbles

• Raiders for life

I can’t help but wonder if the other 31 GM’s are feeling sorry for Reg or laughing at him.

• nycraider

Dr Rob are you really a christian? or does that change as much as your evaluations?

• oklahomaRaider18

Did the Giants cut Adrian Tracy? If so we should take a look at him!!!

• GhostTooThePost

the famous dr robert Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Raider Riff Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:

u can’t name a single thing i’ve ever lied about, u punk.

———–

You just claimed you never said that Wilson was a potential starter. Then it was proven you did say that.

Liar.

Continue your meltdown.
    **********

this is precisely why punks like u are so dishonest.

going back 4 months and finding an early evaluation/guess and then quizzing me on it, when i clearly had changed that evaluation over the summer, and then trying to say that makes me the liar.

no. i didn’t remember using those words, especially since i had so changed my evaluation.

ur the kind of sniveling weasel that likes to nitpick words instead of going with the spirit of truth.
    ==================
    So what you’re saying LyingRacistCowardlySlob is that not only are you a liar, but you’re a stupid liar?

We already knew that.

Tell us again how you never said anything racist, but ‘stupidly’ forgot you got banned for saying racist things.

Now beg, bich.

• Marks hair

are you kidding? they love a GM that doesn’t know what he’s doing

• severeraiderz

I would have kept a guy like Carter over Mastrud if for nothing else than to groom a young guy like Moore in the nickel packages or a pass rusher like Robinson

• eastoaklandraider

J Hill Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:35 pm
    Crwaford, Houston, Bilkudi, Walker, Sims, Sanford

All similar guys.

Moore, Burris, Robinson, Burnett

All similar guys
    ————–

Well I was right about Bass, I knew he would be cut when they spoke oh him getting man handled by Barron, and I was also correct on Robinson he just showed more burst off the line IDK if he’ll be any good but he showed a lil sumthin.

• Raider Riff

J Hill Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    Ok, Riff.

So you’re sabotaging this blog so we’ll come over to yours?

LOL

————-

Im sabotaging this place? haha. That’s funny. If you want to see it that way go for it.

But whether Im here or not, Dr is doing his thing ruining this place. I make no difference.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Cork. He’s the one that does nothing about it. he could ban the clown at any time but chooses not too.

And seriously, dont complain if you dont like what this place has become. Ive offered a refuge. You choose to stay here amongst the trolls. That’s on you. Im just trying to make the best of it. I still post plenty of football stuff in between all the needling of MR.

• nycraider

Raiders For Life Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    ———————–
    RM is irrelevant to other GMs except on draft day when they want our high draft pick. Still struggling to understand cutting a player to keep a punter 1 extra day

• the famous dr robert

Raider Riff Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:

hey look. a crossposting chicken sh1t who claims others are dishonest.

———

No “claims”. It was just proven.

You lied about your Wilson prognostication. Proven by NY.

Meltdown…. Meltdown…. Meltdown…..
    ********

nope. forgetting something i said 4 months ago isn’t a lie, when i’ve said so much differently since then.

having a loser remember it verbatim is truly hysterical though.

u don’t know anything about being Christian. but u talk about things u don’t understand, like football.

i don’t enjoy when we struggle. that’s why i can’t stomach the idea of pryor, the worst qb in football, at the helm.

i never said i would enjoy him sucking. i said it will break my heart.

but i do enjoy making u guys suffer.

• boss01

0ak R8rs Says: September 1st, 2013 at 1:20 pmBoss01 Says:September 1st, 2013 at 1:14 pm3 wasted picks this year with the Murray injury, only way this draft becomes succesful now is if DJ is who they believe he is and Watson holds the fort, I highly doubt it.@@@@@@@@You’re gonna call a rookie that gets injured a wasted pick? Nice. I suppose johnathan Cooper was a wasted pick for AZ? Great reasoning skills.Oh, wait. What’s that I smell??? Hrm……. I think it’s…… Oh yeaAGENDA.

——

As far as this year yes, there were bigger needs that needed to be addressed, he went with his “board” instead. That board is not looking so good right now.

• MarcusAllen

Lets hope Sio ain’t got the turf toe. Gonna be oh no!

Omar! yo Omar! Listen sorry bout the cut but uh we’re kinda short and c’mon bro no hard feelings right?

• SnBG

I guess it’s just not possible for some to wait for the reg season to really see what the team does. Anything better than 6-10 is improvement to me. I don’t care that Hue went 8-8. He did it in a weak division.

• raideralex99

Is the doctor really Reggie?
    LOL … the way you are attacking him I could swear he did the drafting for the Raiders.

• Raider Fan in Fremont

@VicTafur: 2 for 3. #Raiders really wanted Bass, Jenkins and Leonhardt on practice squad. WR/KR Jenkins joins TE Leonhardt and G Mady on PS

• Chef Sac

In Matthew 5:13 it states:

And Jesus sayeth, “now say my name b1tch.”

• http://none Marley Bob

Once again.

Forget Ty Wilson and his 4th round status as well as Davis Bass’s potential.

* This is the big deal:

What made the GM think he could trade a Punter for a Draft pick??.

To my knowledge, nobody in modern NFL history has ever traded for a Punter.

What was he thinking?.

Maybe if it was Shane Lechler or the 49ers guy you could get a late pick.

But Kluwe? who is nothing special or King who is unproven and had trouble holding?.

Seriously, if we had the first Punter in NFL history worth trading for, why not just keep him and cut the other guy???…Don’t you think the other teams figured that out?….Oh wait, nobody in their right mind would even consider trading for our Punters.

• J Hill

My guy Jenkins added to the practice squad.

• Raider Fan in Fremont

SnBG Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    —–

Did you see the preseason?

• Raider Riff

The Famous Dr Robert Says:

i never said i would enjoy him sucking.

—————

Another lie. Awesome. Keep it coming.

• the famous dr robert

Raider Riff Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    J Hill Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    Ok, Riff.

So you’re sabotaging this blog so we’ll come over to yours?

LOL

————-

**********

so beat it. get lost. ban me? for what? great football insight and hilarious jokes at ur expense?

cry to mommy.

• nycraider

yeah our division last year was a real powerhouse from top to bottom.

• the famous dr robert

Raider Riff Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    The Famous Dr Robert Says:

i never said i would enjoy him sucking.

—————

Another lie. Awesome. Keep it coming.
    *********

not if he’s hurting the team.

but i will enjoy having u all see how stupid u are.

• Raider Fan in Fremont

@277
    That is some scary s#1tt.

• CDERaider

Raiders For Life Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm

————————————–

Seahawks are laughing. They milked a pick and got out of Flynn’s bad contract, they knew Flynn was barely a back-up in this league and played Reggie just right..

• SnBG

Marks Hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    are you kidding? they love a GM that doesn’t know what he’s doing
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    This debate about Reg is getting so old. We will see how it goes this year. Hope some here will stand up and admit they are wrong.

• http://none Marley Bob

Riff.

Wait, what “other place”???.

• RaiderKenny24

raideralex99 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Willy91137 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    RaiderKenny24 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Teddy B 1st quarter…

10/11 – 138 yrds – 12.5 avg – 2 TD’s
    =======================
    ==================================
    Are you kidding me?
    When was the last time the Raiders drafted a good QB?
    ————————

I know,but they got to keep trying till they land a franchise QB. Auditions this year for Pryor and McGloin…but Bridgewater/Aaron Rodgers comparisons look sound IMO. Strong arm,accurate,mobile.

Ahhh,remember that 2005 draft so well. A-Rod falling and falling in round one. Raider make a trade to move up to #23 spot with the Seachickens – I was so happy,thought Al was taking the Cal product since he saw the drop – nope,Al takes the coveted Fabian Wahington CB,Nebraska.

Memories…

• 0ak r8rs

Severeraiderz Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    Oak R8rs

Didn’t Al cut Moses who was a 3rd rounder that year?

@@@@@@@@

Since Al was drafting for 30 years, I’m gonna say you’re right without even looking. But if Walter McFadden can last a year, then it’s safe to presume Wilson would have as well. But it’s all conjecture no matter how you slice it.

At least we don’t have to hear “Reggie scholarship program” anymore, at least not from anybody without an agenda of hate. Cribbs, Kluwe, Wilson, Bass. Two high profile FAs and two draft picks smoked before week 1. Reggie is a man. Not afraid to admit mistakes w his actions. I just wish there were less mistakes. But I’m still on the Reggie train.

• raideralex99

Raiders For Life Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    ==============================================
    This is the NFL where the big boys play …. They are laughing at him.

• the famous dr robert

Nycraider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    **********

yep. but i have weakness for telling people who are willingly stupid that they are stupid.

my evals change as gain more info.

that’s called intelligence.

u like sparkly things that make u feel fuzzy.

• nycraider

SnBG Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    are you kidding? they love a GM that doesn’t know what he’s doing
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    —————–
    allow me to help you off your chair.

• Raider Riff

Marley Bob Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    Riff.

Wait, what “other place”???.

——–

What’s your email?

• the famous dr robert

Raideralex99 Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    Is the doctor really Reggie?
    ********

lol. they get very upset.

they have meltdowns saying i have meltdowns.

it’s a lot of fun.

• GhostTooThePost

nycraider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm

===========
    Well, let’s recap, shall we?

Slob “Kell, I have a very successful business, and you don’t.”
    reality: One week later says “don’t have a job, so I’m starting up a new business.”

Slob: “Kell, I have more friends than you do”
    reality: Never leaves this board, as in ever. He considers everyone who chits on him his “friends”.

Slob: “I’m married.”
    reality: He’s married to this blog. No woman would ever put up with a loser like slob. Has been on here every day, except for the two weeks he was banned.

Slob: “I’ve never said a racist thing.”
    reality: Been called out by dozens of posters for being a racist dirtbag. His reply is “just kidding” When asked if you aren’t racist, why did you get banned?
    answer? no answer, lol.

Slob: “I’ll kick your ass. Just tell me where.”
    reality: Gave an address. said “too far”. Gave a close address. Said “no only at games.” Said “ok, fine, at games.” reply: “no, only at Sunnyvale”

Slob: “show me where I lied”
    reality: 10 posters show a dozen incidents where he lied. From Slob? “oh, uh, um, uh, I don’t remember that, and don’t want to believe my lying eyes. I’m going with the “spirit of truth”.

LOL. Yes, actually laughed out loud at the “spirit of truth”, spoken from a cross posting lyingass racist coward.

• SnBG

CDERaider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    Raiders For Life Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm

————————————–

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Unbelievablly not true. Seahawks wanted Flynn in the beginning and paid him big money. He got beat out by Wilson,. Hawks got lucky with Wilson. Reg picked Flynn up for pennies and probably knows Flynn is a stop gap until next year.

• Marks hair

easy money for bw

• the famous dr robert

so anywayyyyyy.

it can be exhausting having to write back to all my fans.

they’re fan letters come pouring in and i don’t want to make them feel left out.

they’re kinda stupid but they’re lovable anyway.

the price of fame.

• nycraider

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:46 pm
    Nycraider Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    **********

my evals change as gain more info.

that’s called intelligence.

u like sparkly things that make u feel fuzzy.
    ———————
    i do admit i was surprised to hear you professed christianity with the way you act in here. but so be it , good luck to you and your pursuit of heaven. The funny thing is you have a much better chance of getting to heaven then you doing of having an opinion you can stick with..

• 0ak r8rs

J Hill Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    My guy Jenkins added to the practice squad.

@@@@@@@@@

Really? Sweet. Finally some good news. He will get the call up this year. He’s an athlete and he’s exciting to watch.