Raiders sign OT Tony Pashos

The Raiders added another tackle to their thin offensive line Monday with the addition of veteran Tony Pashos.

Pashos, 33, has played in 89 games with 67 starts with the Baltimore Ravens (2003 through 2006), Jacksonville Jaguars (2007-2008), San Francisco 49ers (2009) and Cleveland Browns (2010-2011).

He was an offseason addition with the Washington Redskins before being released.

Pashos started 12 games for the Browns in 2011 and 31 of 32 games for Jacksonville in 2007 and 2008.

With the Raiders waiving Alex Barron to make room for Pashos, they still have only three healthy offensive tackles. The other two are starters Menelik Watson and Khalif Barnes.

Jared Veldheer is out following surgery with a torn triceps and is eligible to be , designated for return list Tuesday, meaning he will miss a minimum of seven games. That would open up an additional roster spot.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1 Sep Folks, solid undrafted players don’t “replace” blown 4th-rounders. Raiders need to hit everywhere… and blown #4 shows shaky evaluation.

====================================

Jerry Mac has the exact opposite opinion. Let’s let the two of them figure it out.

• Kirk

elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    Kirk i am nervous about the d, we went into this the other day, besides play fakes, misdirections a d bootlegs we should be fine
    ……………………………………………….

That is kind of like saying, Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

• raideralex99

Hey guys my car is in the shop … It needs a new engine … should I fix it or get a new engine.
    I know if a asked Reggie … he would tell me to get new tires and a paint job.

• eastoaklandraider

Raideralex99 Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:08 pm
    Seriously who cares about Johnny football … He a loser.
    ———

Jealousy and envy will get you nowhere.

• jackasspuria

Speaking of punters… Highly disappointed Marquette King is not in Madden 25. McGloin isn’t either. Need a roster update ASAP.

• papertiger418

If the team doesn’t even bother to keep Tyler Wilson on the practice squad, would it be an “udder” catastrophe for DA?

• the famous dr robert

Missdick–I don’t even have to look and I know ur entire list is black guys.

Am I wrong? How did I know? Lemme guess. New wave. They’re automatically the best.

George Jefferson and Bozo had a baby and named it missdick.

• Kirk

Zymurge Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    Elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    Kirk,I was sweating bullets thinking we would take Geno, the guy can’t read defenses,’would take tp in a heartbeat

===

Sad thing is that Geno is a good deal smarter than Pryor and does a better job reading. He generated more of his success in college sitting in the pocket than he did running. He has much better mental tools to adapt to the NFL than Pryor does. Sorry if you don’t like that answer.
    ……………………………………………….

Sorry, playing quarterback in the NFL is not rocket science.

See, Bradshaw, Terry.

• I see Reggie getting the same production for a helluva less money.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

itzSteve Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    itzSteve Says:
    since next years draft seems to be the topic of today…with the Raiders having soooo much cap room next year, how much of it do you think we will actually spend? Aren’t we required to spend at least 90% of it or something?
    =====================================================

89%, kind of.

—————————–

ouch…that hurt to read…thanks I guess…lol.
    ===============================================

It is complicated. At least you tried. Many like to spout untruth’s despite having the link and trust no one will call them out.

• the famous dr robert

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    **********
    I might follow kawakami just to tell him stfu.

• I see Reggie getting the same production for a helluva less money.

Maybe even improvement.

• eastoaklandraider

Gdog Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    NJRaider16 Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:59 pm

All Raider fans need to unite now and get behind Allen, Reggie and Pryor and show support. Pryor is now the QB. Time to move on and put the Flynn squabbling to bed. No more crying. It’s Pryors ball. Lets go.

>>>

I will show support as usual by wearing Raider gear, and watching every game, but I will not “get behind” Allen and Reggie until they SHOW IMPROVEMENT.

Everything they have done so far is a step back. Why should I get behind that? I don’t wish to become the new Detroit Lions.
    ————

I think we are actually a step or two behind the Lions at this point, I mean they do have Megatron, Stafford, and a recent playoff appearance.

• I’m far from convinced that Pryor starts. There’s too much evidence to contrary. First one reporter states that no media is allowed to see the starting 1st unit while another claims Pryor drilling with them. Smoke screen city.

Allen knows that his best shot is to keep the decision in his back pocket just as long as he can get away with — which is until the Vegas boys make him disclose so that they can set the odds. He’s doing everything in his power to not show anything, which means there’s nothing to see and report on yet. Anything supposedly reported is subterfuge.

I’m not banking either way because like the rest of you, I don’t know. The difference between me and many is that I admit that I don’t know and don’t pretend that I do.

Meanwhile, the 4th preseason game followed a pattern that indicates Flynn is the starter. Many teams rest their starter entirely in game 4 and use some excuse like a “sore arm from camp”. NO TEAM ever plays their starter more than quarter. Pryor played the whole half despite having guys like McGloin and Wilson that needed a deeper look based on the way they handled their decision on which to keep.

The argument that Pryor had a chance to win the job in the 4th game might make sense. Problem is he stunk up the joint against the #1s and then continued to smell bad against the #2s. That’s not winning a job. That’s not even backing into one.

If I had to guess I’d say the plan is as expected: Flynn starts and gets between 60-80% of the plays. Pryor is change of pace. Indy has to prepare for both equally without knowing which. Showing Pryor enough during the game forces the Jags to prepare for both. This is DA playing the best hand he is dealt, which is a pair of threes.

• Gdog

KoolKell Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I see Reggie getting the same production for a helluva less money.

>>>>

Since when?

4 wins is the same as 8?

If we get back to 8 wins again this year, I will start believing. Until then, I think he’s a ball-less moron.

• RaidingTexas

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:11 pm
    RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm

====================================

————————————-

McGloin is not solid, though. Am I the only one who watched him play Thursday night? I know the game was out of hand by then, but surely at least one other Raider fan saw that atrocity of quarterbacking against Seattle scrubs. Jesus, he had two INTs and should have had two more if the Seahawk defense could catch better. He’s terrible and they’d be better off without a 3rd QB, then use the roster spot for more OT depth.

When you’re the Patriots or 49ers, it’s OK to whiff on 4th rounders. When you’re basically an expansion team, it’s not.

• Gdog Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I see Reggie getting the same production for a helluva less money.

>>>>

Since when?

4 wins is the same as 8?

——————————
    8 was the high point of the last 11 yrs?

• eastoaklandraider

Kirk Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    Zymurge Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    Elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm

===

……………………………………………….

Sorry, playing quarterback in the NFL is not rocket science.

See, Bradshaw, Terry.
    ———–

Dan Marino also had a very low wonderlic score along with a few other good QB’s. Its been said many times the wonderlic is overrated.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 1 Sep

“@Raider_Na_Shaun: @LeviDamien Hope Wilson slips through waivers n ends up on our practice squad” — Rarely put QB’s on PS.

• itzSteve

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    itzSteve Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    itzSteve Says:
    =====================================================

89%, kind of.

—————————–

ouch…that hurt to read…thanks I guess…lol.
    ===============================================

—————————-

I would say that I already understood like 60-70% of it going in, but damn that question 1.2 just totally messes with your brain and screws you for the rest of the FAQ…

• NJRaider16

Gdog Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    NJRaider16 Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:59 pm

>>>

———————

I know. We are closer to the lions than we’d like to believe. But let’s take it one game at a time. Anything thing less than 6 wins this year and I’d say we have a verdict. We need to be able to build on something. Not just a rebuild for nothing. 6-8 wins is a solid ground to build on. 1-3 wins and it’s back to rubble.

• Kirk Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    Zymurge Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    Elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm

===

……………………………………………….

Sorry, playing quarterback in the NFL is not rocket science.

See, Bradshaw, Terry.

===

Bradshaw played in the 70s when it was a very different game. Few specialist, smaller playbooks, way less complex defenses.

Show me one QB of Bradshaw’s intellect that has been a top 10 in the 2000’s.

The closest I can come up with is Vince Young, and he was a flash in the pan. Once teams knew what to look for (and when he no longer had the #1 running game) he was exposed for being too mentally slow to handle what the defenses threw at him.

• lefty12

Sorry, playing quarterback in the NFL is not rocket science.

See, Bradshaw, Terry.
    ===================================
    But all the best ones throughout history have been the more intelligent ones.Talented but dumb doesn’t equate to good.
    See,George,Jeff.

• jackasspuria

This is how it will play out Sunday at 10 a.m. — there will disappointment.

Whether it is Flynn or Pryor starting, there will be a group of Raider fans upset.

I am far more interested to see how the defense plays. Allen, Targer and crew may not have much Luck against Indy. But we shall see.

• eastoaklandraider

————-

Sounds like sour grapes here, you dam right it was an excuse to cover Allens azz why Pryor is starting. You lose sorry, try again next year 🙂

• RaidO

Coach Dennis Allen said Monday he will not say whether Terrelle Pryor or Matt Flynn will start the season opener at Indianapolis until game time for “competitive” reasons.
    Pryor did take the first snap with the first-team offense during a drill in the portion of practice open to the media. Flynn is healthy after missing last week with a sore right elbow.

• Gdog

KoolKell Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Gdog Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I see Reggie getting the same production for a helluva less money.

>>>>

Since when?

4 wins is the same as 8?

——————————
    8 was the high point of the last 11 yrs?

>>>

Yes, the SB the high point in the last 12.

We were heading back up… then Reggie took over.

Now we are supposed to pretend 4-6 wins is progress… when we were one play from the playoffs.

Amazing…

• eastoaklandraider

Zymurge Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Kirk Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    Zymurge Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    Elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm

===

……………………………………………….

Sorry, playing quarterback in the NFL is not rocket science.

See, Bradshaw, Terry.

===

Show me one QB of Bradshaw’s intellect that has been a top 10 in the 2000’s.

————–

Explain Marino and his low score.

• Raider E

GhostTooThePost Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    Raider E Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Ghost,

Don’t be so hard on Mistake. He is just a guy looking to gain blog cred. with his analysis.

He is a pretty fair writer as well.
    ===============
    I do have a rule about not picking on little girls.
    Does that mean I shouldn’t pick on him because his high pitched whiny squeal sounds like a little girl?

Can I get a ruling on this?

===========================

Do what you do.

• Kirk

jackasspuria Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    This is how it will play out Sunday at 10 a.m. — there will disappointment.

……………………………………………..

I think our offense will surprise people in a good way.

Our defense….not so much.

• Gdog

>>>

I would think 8 wins should be expected from all Raider fans considering thats where we were just two years ago.

Instead all I see are excuses and fans hoping for 4-6 wins again (nobody REALLY expects 8 wins.)

• CDERaider

McGloin threw 2 picks against the Bears – and could have easily had 2 more… and 1 or 2 dropped picks against the Seahawks – in addition to a strip fumble this guy is very careless with the ball. He has thrown some nice passes at times when guys are wide open on crossing routes and he’s got plenty of time – but has turned the ball over alot and gets very small in the pocket – especially with any kind of a pass rush – he has to backpedal to get space to throw – he’s only about 6ft tall at most and has very small hands – smaller than Wilsons…

From the small amount we’ve been allowed to see and the reports from mini-camp and OTA’s which were very positive, Wilson has looked like the better prospect and we dropped $500k to sign him.

For some unknown reason, he got in DA’s doghouse like TJones and Ausberry did last season and like then he simply shut him down.

• Gdog

I think our offense will surprise people in a good way.

Our defense….not so much.

>>>>

Hmm… if Sims can stay healthy all season, I see the defense being outstanding at times. Certainly better at run-stopping.

I don’t see the offense doing well at all except for a few games where Pryor pops… Reggie didn’t lift a finger to improve the offense.

• itzSteve

Raiders Beat ‏@RaidersBeat 2m
    RT @JasonLaCanfora: Tyler Wilson cleared waivers and its most likely the Raiders’ 4th draft pick ends up on their practice squad

• Tyler Wilson has officially cleared waivers.

• The Big Banana

—–

2012 – year of the excuses
    2013 – more of the same?

• eastoaklandraider

If Pryor plays up to expextations he may be able to eek out 8 wins with this supporting cast or lack there of. Hell Cam has struggled to win games in Carolina so it wont be a huge shock if we dont win 8.

• Gdog

CDERaider Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:30 pm

>>>

PFF agrees with you. McGloin was in Tim Tebow and Vince Young territory. -6.2

96th out of 102 QBs… and he gets a job here. Head scratching…

• This is what a full teardown and salary cap purge looks like, people. We take our medicine this year and then his 2014 like gangbusters.

• Kirk

Gdog Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:31 pm
    I think our offense will surprise people in a good way.

Our defense….not so much.

>>>>

……………………………………………..

When did the D stop the pass in preseason? Never.

The offense has some real speed…Pryor, McFadden, Reece, Moore, Streater, Butler, Ford, Rivera. A lot of guys who could go all the way, if you get them the ball in space.

• lefty12

================================

WTF are you talking about.New T @ the start of rd 2,New WR,New QBs,better BU RB.All moves to improve the offense.

• eastoaklandraider

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    Tyler Wilson has officially cleared waivers.
    ————

That is not good, he must really suck.

• Gdog

The Big Banana Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm

—–

2012 – year of the excuses
    2013 – more of the same?

>>>>

Reggie needs to sign three or four blue chip free agents with his 70 million he was crazily saving, or I think I will just give up.

He doesn’t care if we win, why should I??

• Kirk

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    Tyler Wilson has officially cleared waivers.
    ……………………………………………….

Thank God. Now I can sleep at night.

• Al_is_theraiders

This defense will not stop a runaway shopping cart, much less nfl offenses! DA is supposed to be a defensive coach? Ahhh what the hel! It really isn’t all his fault…shrek keeps giving him backup backups cousins brothers for nfl defensive players…

• eastoaklandraider Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    Tyler Wilson has officially cleared waivers.
    ————

That is not good, he must really suck.

====================================

Or at least he’s not good enough for any other team to want to place on their 53.

• lefty12

Forgot about drafting 2 TEs.

• Al_is_theraiders Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:35 pm

This defense will not stop a runaway shopping cart, much less nfl offenses!

=================================

I disagree. We’ll find out Sunday.

• Al_is_theraiders

Great 4th round pick shrek….nobody else wants him.

• Kirk

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:36 pm
    Al_is_theraiders Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:35 pm

This defense will not stop a runaway shopping cart, much less nfl offenses!

=================================

I disagree. We’ll find out Sunday.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you are right, I will say you are a genius.