1,482

Live chat: Inside the Oakland Raiders, Tuesday at noon

Join Steve Corkran at noon on Tuesday for a Raiders live chat as he breaks down the team’s quarterback situation and more heading into the opener Sunday against Indianapolis.

cestrella

• Marks hair

well Tebow didn’t run his option plays from a pistol but I guess I get what you’re saying…

San Francisco runs a West Coast offense.. a lot of two tight end sets, and power running.. they also sprinkle in some pistol and some option plays.. they don’t run spread very often

if you want a hybrid offense you need a smart coordinator and an offense of line that can keep up with those adjustments.. I’m not sure we have that

• The_Judge37

Lakers need to resign Lamar Odom. After all, Crack isn’t that Whack.

@silver

it wasn’t ignored. it was reviewed and denied

it came to my attention that I go thru defensive IDP’s like Beeeeeeeeecham goes thru condoms during the regular FF season

I like Willis, but he might be dumped in 2 weeks when I find some random no named played with a favorable matchup. You see?

DEF IDP’s were my very last picks during Dell’s draft. I don’t care about them. They’re pointless. They don’t exist in my other leagues

I’d basically be giving you Palmer for nothing (Bradford), lol

• Marks hair

yeah the Lakers will make the playoffs..

Lakers need to resign Lamar Odom

***

re-sign Sasha Vujačić too

• The_Judge37

Anyone know who our Punt Returner is? Corky’s moderators refused to accept that question yesterday for what ever reason.

• Marks hair

Jenkins I think

• eastoaklandraider

Boss01 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:42 am
    Marks Hair Says: September 4th, 2013 at 7:30 amthe spread offense is one thing.. the read option is another thing..the pistol is basically where the quarterback takes the snap from..Peyton Manning runs some pistol offense right now.. but he doesn’t run any read option from it.the first quarterback to run the pistol at Nevada was a statue in the pocket..they didn’t add option plays to the pistol offense until Kaepernick showed up

—–

Line up in the damn spread option offense with pryor out of the damn pistol and play the read option with dmac, happy now?same plays that kaep -gore and tebow-mcgahee ran
    ————

Dont Limit Pryor, He will be more like RG3 than Than Tebow.

• Charlie

RR

I do not see the agility needed to get to the second level from Nix in the run game. I have also seen him get pushed back with a hard bull rush on a few occasions.
    The body of work is limited and perhaps he will improve but I am fearful aganist good competition.

My belief is that we must be balanced in our attack. I look at RUN blocking just as much as pass blocking.

Finally I really focus on line play against GOOD teams.

As I have said many times it is how our line fares against the likes of the Pats and Broncos, not the Jags and Chefs that matters.

IMO it has been obvious that BOTH lines get pushed around by strong opposing lines for the past ten dismal seasons.
    That is the kiss of death in the NFL and why we are 9-51 against playoff teams the last ten years losing by an average score of 30-13. Too big a gap in the trenches against top tier teams.

***

@Judge

PR = Phil Adams

• boss01

I do fear that olson is inept when it comes to using Pryor’s skill set properly or the hurry up 20 seconds or less offense

• eastoaklandraider

Marks Hair Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:47 am

——————-

Exactly. Football isnt rocket science but you cant be that dam basic Boss01.

• boss01

I wish Pryor was more like RG3 but we all know he doesn’t have the gun, its not even close

• hwnrdr

1302.The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:47 am
    Lakers need to resign Lamar Odom. After all, Crack isn’t that Whack.

Didn’t they offer him a contract if he went to rehab?

• bcz24

The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:50 am
    *************
    Ford said he is returning punts and kicks.

@Charlie

Nix is going to be a player at LG. don’t be so quick to write him off, just because he didn’t get drafted last year.

Nobody drafted Streater either – remember?

by the way: I’ve never seen him get pushed around. I don’t know what you’re talking about!

• bcz24

*********
    The Legend has as good an arm as RG3, he doesn’t have the same accuracy, but he definitely has equal or better strength.

• The_Judge37

1310.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:54 am

***

@Judge

PR = Phil Adams
    —–

Another one of Dennis Allen’s 2nd year Rookie Mistake.

• eastoaklandraider

Boss01 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:57 am
    ————

He’s more like RG3 than Tebow. You will see he’s gonna surprise you.

• Marks hair

Lamars had too many ppl die on him. it takes a toll.
    he could still play if his mind/heart was ok.

• The_Judge37

1314.hwnrdr Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:57 am
    1302.The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:47 am
    Lakers need to resign Lamar Odom. After all, Crack isn’t that Whack.

Didn’t they offer him a contract if he went to rehab?

I Don’t Know, Basketball season for me doesn’t start until January

@Bcz

depth chart was updated on the Raiders website yesterday:

KR – Ford (backup = Taiwan Jones)
    PR – Adams (backup = Jacoby Ford)

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

@RR

I can make other offers….a LB can score as mush as a WR or RB and Willis is a pretty good one.

But I have WR’s in excess to tade so let me know.

• The_Judge37

1315.bcz24 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:01 am
    The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:50 am
    *************
    Ford said he is returning punts and kicks.
    —–

He said it, but i never saw him even field a punt during preseason. Granted our 1st team Defense never EVER forced a single punt, but he should’ve at least fielded one with the 2nd team.

• bcz24

boss01 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:54 am
    *****
    Why?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RaiderRockstar Says:

@Purv

nah. nobody will even notice the guy lining up at Center for the Donkeys

Manning will make up for whatever flaws Ramirez has. Thats what superstars do. They make everybody else around them look better than they really are
    =======================================================

He’s old.
    New CBA allow walkers on the field?

Basketball season for me doesn’t start until January

***

@Judge

make that March for me!

PR = Phil Adams

Another one of Dennis Allen’s 2nd year Rookie Mistake.

***

lol, Judge

DA?
    or Reggie McTalentFinder ??

• bcz24

He said it, but i never saw him even field a punt during preseason
    *****
    I just heard the quote a few days ago. We will have to wait and see who we trot out there.

• The_Judge37

1328.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:07 am
    PR = Phil Adams

Another one of Dennis Allen’s 2nd year Rookie Mistake.

***

lol, Judge

DA?
    or Reggie McTalentFinder ??
    ——

D.A.Cup’s fault. Phil is actually a pretty good CB, but leave it to DAcup to find the worst possible position to put him in.

• eastoaklandraider

Marks Hair Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:02 am
    Lamars had too many ppl die on him. it takes a toll.
    he could still play if his mind/heart was ok.
    ———–

Unfortunately this is the life for a lot of blacks. My bro and sis are dead, numerous cousins and uncles and this doesnt count friends.

• willy91137

4 days till a massacre at Indianapolis

pound the rock 11 angry men

• bcz24

They need to give TJones a shot returning punts, kid was pretty electric in college. They tried him it KOR in the preseason but he never got a shot because of touchbacks.

• The_Judge37

1329.bcz24 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:07 am
    He said it, but i never saw him even field a punt during preseason
    *****
    —–

Or maybe we’ll never find out… Punt Returns are overrated in a Bendover but don’t Break Defense.

• The_Judge37

1333.bcz24 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:11 am
    ——

The one time he did get a chance to return it he fumbled.

He’s old.
    New CBA allow walkers on the field?

***

@Purv

Ramirez is only 30 years old!
    you talking about Manning?

if last year was any indication, he’s not washed up just yet. 4,700 passing yards & 37 TD’s

QB Rating = 106. completed 70% of his passes. started all 16 games.

13-3 win/loss record

37 years old for NFL QB’s is the new 27 ??

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

boss01 Says:
    *****
    bcz24 Says:
    Why?
    ====================================================

He’s front loading excuses if Pryor falters or worse.

Boss01 Says:

boss01 Says:
    Pistol is not that hard to implement, donks did it with Tebow midseason and it won them the division, that should be the plan with Pryor, the only plan period

boss01 Says:
    Spead / read, pistol same schiyt, all are based on same principle, pryor better suited out of the pistol not under center

boss01 Says:
    I hope Olson knows the spread option. Only way Pryor can succeed is running the pistol. I’ll be pissed if they play him in Flynn’s offense.

boss01 Says:
    Need to play the no huddle 20 seconds or less offense and wear out the defense. The only playmaker left is Mathis, and he’s on his last leg.

• The_Judge37

1327.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:05 am
    Basketball season for me doesn’t start until January

***

@Judge

make that March for me!
    —–

College Bball sucks. Although if i’m going to watch missed Jumpers and blown layup attemps, NCAABB is better than WNBA.

***

you don’t expect the Raiders defense to force many punts?

I guess you agree with Cork then. yesterday he challenged us (in the Live Chat) to name one “playmaker” on defense

Ouch! I thought Reggie & Dennis were defensive masterminds?

• Marks hair

I wish McFadden had shown some signs of life during the preseason.. but I think liz has got him.

• inonewordraider

Lakers’ Ryan Kelly slow to heal from surgeries, may miss start of season

Also this …

thoughts??
    _________
    i’ll take him, starting pf immediately
    gaso
    Beasley
    young
    Bryant
    nash

fits D’antoni’s system, we need to score as many points as possible, and we need all the athleticism we can get

• The_Judge37

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:15 am

***

you don’t expect the Raiders defense to force many punts?

—-

Do they have to actually make plays? Because if not then i can name 11.

@inonewordraider

does the NBA punish pot smokers?

if not, the Lakers new team might be good for “local business” (lol)

• The_Judge37

1340.Marks hair Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:16 am
    ——

I just wanted Hayden to come up and make one big, reckless hit.. But i think he seen the light and is now scared of the dark.

• Gdog

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:15 am

***

you don’t expect the Raiders defense to force many punts?

Ouch! I thought Reggie & Dennis were defensive masterminds?

>>>>

Thats kind of a peculiar question for Cork beings we have what, 7 new starters on defense, and some we have only seen in practice games?

I’m guessing we will be naming 2 or 3 playmakers on defense by week 4.

Offense? Not so much.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

This freak-show apologizes to the blog for being away and calls people fellas like he is sitting at a table with us, lmao. Laughing his ass off after getting knocked the Fk out.

________

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Sorry fellas, still laughing my ass off at the complete Fukushima quality meltdown we saw earlier today from the Clown.

• boss01

Purvisman,

I’m not on any qb brigade or cult, just using common sense, you can’t try to fit a square peg into a round hole, u saw what happened last year when knapp did it

Cork suggested that Charles Woodson won’t say anything negative about Reggie & Dennis as long as the paychecks keep coming.

I’m guessing that means Tarver and his DB coaches too..

is this the kind of “leader” we were looking for?

A guy that appears to BUY IN (like Seymour) and says all the right things, but really just wants to be a checkcasher and cares nothing about the win/loss column

• Marks hair

I’m too not worried about Hayden as a tackler.. but he’s not ready to start I guess.. thats not good

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Pres Hussein doing a fine job with Syria! Way to go Derelict in Chief! Cut the military for 5 years and then initiate military action when no Americans were threatened but you stand down in Benghazi…..dumb ass libtard P.O.S

#mope&change