1,482

Live chat: Inside the Oakland Raiders, Tuesday at noon

Join Steve Corkran at noon on Tuesday for a Raiders live chat as he breaks down the team’s quarterback situation and more heading into the opener Sunday against Indianapolis.

cestrella

@Mr Brown

Barry sucks. nothing new

20 years from now the idiot dems will STILL be blaming Prez Bush, lol

• eastoaklandraider

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:24 am
    Cork suggested that Charles Woodson won’t say anything negative about Reggie & Dennis as long as the paychecks keep coming.

I’m guessing that means Tarver and his DB coaches too..

is this the kind of “leader” we were looking for?

A guy that appears to BUY IN (like Seymour) and says all the right things, but really just wants to be a checkcasher and cares nothing about the win/loss column
    ————-

Lead what? Charles leads by example anyway, he doesnt have to say schit.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Bookmark your post Marks and re-post it Sunday night for us, ok?
    ______

Marks Hair Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:16 am

I wish McFadden had shown some signs of life during the preseason.. but I think liz has got him.

Prez BO is doing about as well as Matt Flynn or Mike Brisiel (Reggie’s prized signings)

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Russia, China, and Iran are all lining up with Syria.
    Not good.

Liberal foreign policy = train wreck
    _______

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:28 am

@Mr Brown

Barry sucks. nothing new

• Gdog

Thats kind of a peculiar question for Cork beings we have what, 7 new starters on defense, and some we have only seen in practice games?

>>>>

Correction NINE new starters.

Wowsers…

Charles leads by example anyway, he doesnt have to say schit

***

@East Oak

I’m glad he’s here. I just don’t expect much from him as a player or a leader

he has to be better than Huff & Giordano, right?

and i’m assuming Usama Young

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 3:55 pm

His first start Pryor threw like a girl. Seriously.
    ____________

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 10:41 pm

You are exactly right. I like Pryor

NINE new starters.

Wowsers…

***

@Gdog

how many Raiders on D will have a positive rating @ PFF by midseason by your estimation??

• Curmudgeon

pagano was a ggod coach for us. best pass d in the leage. raiders will need a good ground game to win. game plan is the trick. wish they open tonite

@Mr Brown

as soon as you trash SeyGlenn, he’s going to log in under one of his other handles and attempt to trash you right back. I give it less than 5 minutes

• Gdog

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:33 am

NINE new starters.

Wowsers…

***

@Gdog

>>>>

I am guessing a lot.

I am VERY optimistic about our defense, in case you cannot tell.

The offense is going to be a grease fire… and rightly so.

Reggie completely ignored the WR spot, and our best lineman is out. Our QB will be fun to watch, but bottom of the league in quality. Only the Jets have a worse situation at QB.

• Charlie

RR

I hope you are right. This is the debate I have had with Raider O and JFB.

If we can find guys that can effectively block Woolfolk and Ngata in the sventh round or as a UDFA, great. I would love that.

My Raider experience since the early 60′s is that our truly great Super Bowl caliber Olines were developed using picks in rounds 1-3. We were fortunate in getting Dalby in round four but he was also surrounded by studs that allowed him some time to develop when replacing Otto.

Our weak teams had weak lines (both sides of the ball).

Guys like Lawrence, Shell, Upshaw, Schuh, Bueler, Mosebar etc. were all found in the draft using high round picks and they anchored our lines for years and made stars out of Plunkett and Stabler.

I don’t really like the matchup of Heyward-Bey versus Hayden, to be quite honest..

Wayne & Hilton vs Jenkins & Porter either ..

Luck is gonna have ALL DAY to throw, unless we blitz and then we leave a player open. Have Allen & Tarver figured out a way to defend TE’s yet?

obviously Wheeler, McClain & Branch didn’t get it done in that area last year. Looked awful defending them this preseason too

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 10:41 pm

You are exactly right. I like Pryor
    ___________

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 28th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Flynn is clearly number one. Wilson is trying to make it to two. quickly.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

boss01 Says:

Purvisman,

I’m not on any qb brigade or cult, just using common sense, you can’t try to fit a square peg into a round hole, u saw what happened last year when knapp did it
    =====================================================

Fair enough.
    And props for AM civility.
    I deserve a knuckle rap for snippiness.
    Ouch! Accidently used the steel edge of the ruler.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Well first he will apologize to the blog for being away and then he well tell us it’s well documented Im the official blog turd and probably throw in a meth pipe blast.
    _______

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:35 am

@Mr Brown

• eastoaklandraider

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:32 am
    Charles leads by example anyway, he doesnt have to say schit

***

@East Oak

I’m glad he’s here. I just don’t expect much from him as a player or a leader
    ———–

You cant expect much with this supporting cast. Texans expect some things from Ed Reed though, he has less in the tank the Woodson but has a good surrounding cast.

Andrew Luck is going to light up the Raiders.

More: Mike Chappell on Twitter
    (Rotoworld.com)

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Rockstar.
    Speaking of civility, I have a football ettiquette question.
    I would have approached Miss Manners, but she knows less about football than you.
    I’ll be at my brother’s house in Vegas for family reunion this weekend, and he’s a die hard Rams fan.
    They’re playing The Arizona Carsons.
    How do I root for Palmer without offending my host?

• The Big Banana

Two punters, two tits, no Kluwe.

—–

Lol, RM99!

• MarcusAllen

Denver didn’t want to pay Cwood what he wanted and Mark did.

This ain’t nothing on Woodson – he’s HOF but make no mistake, he would be in Denver if they ponied up.

He’ll play lights out – but if the team hits 0-8 he is going to have dig deep for inspiration.

And Inspiration won’t come from DA – Christ DA has yet to formally announce TP as starter. Distancing himself? Ready to backtrack immediately if things go south? Oh keeping a secret from the Colts – very tricky. What a f’ing moron.

F’ing ‘Leader of Men’. “The Great Communicator”. “He out kicked him”. Going to be ugly.

I wonder if STR is going to start Colts TE Coby Fleener this week in Dell’s league?

Dwayne Allen is a FA..

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RaiderRockstar Says:

@Mr Brown

Barry sucks. nothing new

20 years from now the idiot dems will STILL be blaming Prez Bush, lol
    ====================================================

Is that Barry ‘Bama? Sounds like a redneck!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Jumpnjiminy Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 6:01 am
    24 Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 9:53 pm
    You know what? Regarding the QB competition…WHO CARES?

Pryor is the starter…roll with him, root with him and be happy because he’s our leader. If he fails, then root for the next guy.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Gotta agree with this comment

===

I mostly agree except with the automatic designation of the QB as the leader. Generally, your leader has to be one of the smartest guys on the field. Pryor is being challenged by DMoore and DMac for least smart player on offense. All three of them can’t make their reads against a defense even if the DC were Dr. Suess.

Don’t confuse energetic behavior with leadership. Puppies are energetic but I don’t want one rallying troops in battle. Leadership in football is not something that the fans see for the most part. It happens in practice, in the locker room and on the sidelines.

The only part of so called leadership that the QB has given to them is that they get to relay the play from the OC to the team in the huddle. Anything beyond that has to be earned. The best glimpse that we as fans get to see into who the actual leaders are come from quotes with the other players that usually call out who they see as leaders by name. When I see Wiz, Streater, Reece and crew stepping up and saying “Pryor is our leader” then I’ll believe it. Until then, he’s just a puppy bouncing around with infectious enthusiasm.

• Gdog

Its amazing how much more readable this forum is with the Dr. banned.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

If Brice Butler, Hayden, Sio, Rivera or Mustard, and Watson all pan out you have to give Freckles a thumbs up on this draft.

Im pulling for you Freck!

• Al_is_theraiders

disclaimers in on the dhb hayden matchup already? tsk tsk tsk…

Rockstar.
    Speaking of civility, I have a football ettiquette question.

***

@Purv

as you could have guessed, I’m the wrong person to be asking about such things. Haha

I live in MO and am surrounded by KC fans. I always root for the team they are playing against and rub the losses in my buddies faces, especially when they play us :)

I heckle them for every terrible trade, FA signing and draft bust. I wish you the best of luck in your conquest though.

• The_Judge37

MistaBrown Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:52 am
    —-

You mean Kasa, not MasTurd.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Bcz24 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:02 am
    *********

You mean Kasa, not MasTurd.

***

@Judge

as you could have guessed, if Ausberry (7th rounder) can’t go … Mastrud (undrafted) will start

building the team thru UDFA!

Mustard is from Beaverton, Oregon & went to Kansas State

+1 for Podunk!

• No Mas Diamante

Dr. sparkle pony was banned? That guy is like a poop floating in a public swimming pool. One of the more annoying trolls we’ve had for a while.

• DutchRaider77

1381.The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:53 am
    MistaBrown Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:52 am
    —-

You mean Kasa, not MasTurd.

_____________________________________________

Why doesn’t Reggie get credit if the Colonel does well? (PS, I think the nickname should be the Colonel going forward) Lower-tier FA signings are important to a team as well…

• theghostronin79

==============

Why do you assume he’s a check casher if he won’t bad mouth the coaches? He may say all the right things like Seymour, but Woodson only missed a practice or two. He was getting in there.

I think the reality set in that he wasn’t viewed as some “Premier” player, even though he thinks he is. He loves the game and I think his pride is going to carry him this year….Well for how long though, I don’t know. How many cluster fu*ked blow-outs before he resigns himself to Seymour status?

But he’s not there yet I don’t think.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

No I meant Musturd but we can throw Kasa in there too.
    ______

The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:53 am
    MistaBrown Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:52 am
    —-

You mean Kasa, not MasTurd.

• SaintKaufman

Indy is a very good barometer for where the defense will be this year. Not known as a great running team, but an above average passing team that will really stress the DB’s and LB’s.

I think it’s a great matchup but with the 10am jinx looming large. If Flyor (c) can manage the game and avoid turnovers we could be in it until the end.

I sure hope Jacoby shows up, puts us in great field position and maybe a little semblance of a running game(come on Jenkins!) to keep the defense somewhat fresh.

Go Raiders!

• No Mas Diamante

I still have faith in Dmac and I think he’s going to surprise a few posters here come Sunday. That will really take some pressure off of Pryor. Hope I am right.

• The_Judge37

1385.DutchRaider77 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:59 am
    1381.The_Judge37 Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:53 am
    MistaBrown Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 8:52 am
    —-

You mean Kasa, not MasTurd.

_____________________________________________

—-

Well Masturd isn’t a rookie. If anything he could be Reggie’s best FA signing.

• Plunketthead

OFFICIAL WEEK 1 PREDICTION THREAD

666 Colts 45-13
    860Todd Raiders 21-18
    Aig Raiders 24-21
    Al_is Colts 45-25
    Banana Raiders 24-23
    CDE Raider colts 37-6
    Cervantes 26-19 (assuming Raiders)
    Dakota Colts 27-17
    SR Raider Raiders 24-21
    Violent Hands Raiders 20-17
    Willie91137 Colts 34-9
    xxRaider2da Colts 33-19

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RaiderRockstar Says:
    I live in MO and am surrounded by KC fans.
    =======================================================

Went to a llama show(Nationals) in Columbus in ’99. Got gas in KC and let the llamas out to stretch and poop on an adjacent weed patch.
    Old guy in a pick up stops in the alley, looks at the llama beans, and says, ‘That’s what we need around here. Some smart pills.’
    Nothing else. Drove away.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 10:41 pm

You are exactly right. I like Pryor
    ___________

Seymour Bush Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Flynn has a lot of strong points. Throws a nice ball, accurate, heady, cool, stays in pocket. All the things Pryor isn’t, in fact.

• boss01

Zymurge Says: September 4th, 2013 at 8:58 amBcz24 Says:September 4th, 2013 at 8:02 amI wish Pryor was more like RG3 but we all know he doesn’t have the gun, its not even close*********The Legend has as good an arm as RG3, he doesn’t have the same accuracy, but he definitely has equal or better strength.—RGIII had over three times Pryor’s Wonderlic score. We’re not talking about a point or two difference, that’s 3x! That’s all you need to know to see the difference as it’s way more important than marginal differences in arm strength or foot speed for a QB.

——-@@@

Wonderlic scores are overrated as long as you don’t score in Vince Young’s ignant range. Even vy won 31 games with only 19 losses. Peyton and Brady are middle of the pack as far as wonderlic scores. I think Fitzpatrick had one of the top scores, and he stinks as a qb.

Disagree with Pryor having the same arm strength as RG3. So far I’ve seen nothing but floaters from Pryor. That int on the deep pass to Ford was way underthrown.

• romania

the season hasn’t even started and people want Woodson to start mouthing off about the d? too gunny

• romania

er funny (duh)

@romania

the comment was from Cork’s live chat yesterday about him being a check casher. pay attention!

• SilverNBlackPA

Plunketthead,

Put me down for Colts 34 – Raiders 19

• 24

RediaR –

I looked into Bridgewater a little. He has some great stats. I watched this highlight film. I really like how he shifts around in the pocket. He does throw a pretty ball. What’s his draft status at the moment? Is he one of the top 3 QB’s…is he looking towards going number 1?

• MEX_GHOST

Good morning Semis, gents and others!