Watson not practicing, Janikowski returns

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, September 5th, 2013 at 12:01 pm in Oakland Raiders.

ALAMEDA — Starting left offensive tackle Menelik Watson isn’t practicing today, which makes it more likely that he won’t make his regular-season debut against the Indianapolis Colts after all.
Watson “tweaked” a knee during practice Wednesday. Coach Dennis Allen said at the time that he didn’t know how severe the injury is, though it forced Watson to miss practice time.
Well, now we know that the injury is bad enough that Watson can’t practice today. This wouldn’t be such a concern for the Raiders if it weren’t for the fact that Watson missed almost all of training camp and played in only one exhibition game because of a calf injury.
Oh, and Watson is a rookie, so he needs all the reps he can get. We’re not talking about a 10-year veteran. Then there’s the issue of Watson entrusted with protecting the quarterback’s blind side, be it Terrelle Pryor or Matt Flynn.
Barnes started at left tackle during his four seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, he has played predominantly right tackle since he signed with the Raiders in 2009.
Tony Pashos will take over for Barnes at right offensive tackle if Watson can’t play. The other potential issue for the Raiders if Watson can’t go is the fact that the Raiders don’t have any other tackles on their roster.
Jared Veldheer is injured, Tony Bergstrom is on season-ending injured reserve and the likes of Willie Smith and Alex Barron were released.
Therefore, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Raiders sign another offensive tackle between now and Sunday.
In other news, kicker Sebastian Janikowski is back at practice. He missed Wednesday because of a sore right calf. Allen said that Janikowski will be “fine” for the Colts game.

• raiderjhawk

Highly doubtful this fool has a job, he’s here 24/7 spewing hate. Fake azz Raider fan.

Dr Psycho, do you ever at least open the window?

***

HA!

yo Kell, looks like our guy Pryor is starting, eh?

bout time

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dr Slop, get a life or job

• raiderjhawk

I thought Cork said he got banned?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Flip a coin and roll with it.
    ______

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

lol, jhawk

Kell or Rob?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster, your libtard marxist hero is doing a fine job with Syria, yeah?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:14 pm
    Missdick—Lol. So how exactly do u “look at them as Freshmen?
    ================

like anybody else can, i actually watch them play

the difference is im not looking for tom brady alikes to base my judgement on like 99% of football fan base does

• spiff

Watsons’s out today, hopefully not tomarrow

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

done for now

peace

who are u to say if I’m Christian or not?

This is what I’m talking about. Ur not my judge.

***

@Dr Bob

only you know if you’ve ever made that decision, you’re right

I’m saying you don’t ACT like one.. that what this means:

nobody is mistaking you for a “Christian”

not 1 person

if you are who you say you are, you’d be making some serious life changes right now. I don’t see that happening, but best of luck to you

Raiderjhawk Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    *********
    Wrong. I don’t want my Raiders starting the worst passer in the nfl.

later Misty!

@Dr Bob

if Pryor were white, you’d be all over him like white at a hockey game!

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

KoolKell Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Dr Psycho, do you ever at least open the window?
    ============
    Krappy spewing pearls of wisdom.

1:27? and the derelict is already drunk.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    who are u to say if I’m Christian or not?

This is what I’m talking about. Ur not my judge.

***

@Dr Bob

only you know if you’ve ever made that decision, you’re right

I’m saying you don’t ACT like one.. that what this means:

nobody is mistaking you for a “Christian”

not 1 person

*********
    See. Ur judging again.

Serious life changes? On a blog?

Lol. I do lots of community work and treat everyone equally.

A few jokes doesn’t change that.

Ur a think skinned, self righteous, judgmental “Christian”.

That’s NOT being Christian. It’s being an azz hole.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    @Dr Bob

if Pryor were white, you’d be all over him like white at a hockey game!
    *********
    Who the fvck are u to spread that tripe?

If he was white, he would be tebow. And I don’t want him either.

If gladly take newton, Wilson, kaepernick, griffin, or freeman.

I’ve said this many times u azz.

I also loved culpepper and brooks.

Ur a punk that likes to cast stones. U LIKE being part of the crowd.

What a wuss.

• the famous dr robert

What a ridiculous bulksh1t notion.

That I don’t like Pryor cuz he’s black.

I don’t want him as my qb cuz he sucks as a passer.

He’s embarrassing as a passer.

I do lots of community work and treat everyone equally.

***

@Dr Bob

that doesn’t make you a christian!

hahahaha. serious life changes & education

• the famous dr robert

I don’t support sh1tty players.

And I make fun of people who do cuz they want “excitement”.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

He’s no worse passer than all the QB’s on the roster plus he has legs so it’s a no brainer to start him.
    ___________

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

What a ridiculous bulksh1t notion.

That I don’t like Pryor cuz he’s black.

I don’t want him as my qb cuz he sucks as a passer.

He’s embarrassing as a passer.

@Dr Bob

Terrelle Pryor is a Christian.

who are you to judge him or hate him or root for him to fail?

he’s also the starting QB of your football team!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

If its a no brainer to start Pryor and you are still having a stiff crank for the other guy, guess what?

• rediaR

I’m placing the over/under on intelligent posts in this thread up to this point at 1.5.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    I do lots of community work and treat everyone equally.

***

@Dr Bob

that doesn’t make you a christian!

hahahaha. serious life changes & education
    *********
    Ur a punk. U need some serious life changes.

Like quit being such a wussified liar.

Quit casting dispersions at people out of ur azz.

U know nothing of me or my life.

U have no sense of humor. No sense of honesty. No sense of not being a punk azz hole.

God bless.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dr Slop, don’t you have ANY life?

• rediaR

I think I’m taking the under

• rediaR

And for a more predictive bet I’m going to set it at 4 in the first 400 posts.

I do lots of community work and treat everyone equally.

***

@Dr Bob

you’re about as “christian” as silvernblack666, me thinks

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    @Dr Bob

Terrelle Pryor is a Christian.

who are you to judge him or hate him or root for him to fail?

he’s also the starting QB of your football team!
    *********
    Look idiot. I’ve said it a thousand times.

I like him as a person.

I don’t judge him. I don’t hate him. I don’t root for him to fail.

This is u being a weasely little liar.

He sucks as a qb. The end.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster, no comment on Syria huh? Even you cant defend the utter stupidity of that man you cherish.

haha

@redia

this is the PM crowd. act like you’ve been here before!

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    I do lots of community work and treat everyone equally.

***

@Dr Bob

you’re about as “christian” as silvernblack666, me thinks
    *********
    I know Christians like u. They deserve an azz kicking.

• rediaR

Need a break from arguing about who believes in fairies better?

Survival pool

GROUP ID# 28357
    Password: Cork

the famous dr robert Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I like him as a person.

I don’t judge him. I don’t hate him. I don’t root for him to fail.

***

regarding Pryor. SAVED to file

more threats, Dr Bob?

*turns other cheek*

• rediaR

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    @redia

this is the PM crowd. act like you’ve been here before!
    ——————–
    My bad. Ehem.

GABBLE GABBLE 0-16 PRAISE VISHNU TITS TITS TITS PRYOR SUCKS AS A PASSER BUT THROWS A REALLY GOOD PARALYZER!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

I guess SeyGlen666 is giving his left nut Silver666 the day off today.

Been a rough couple days for the sorry little tr0ll.

:D
    ________

Seymour Bush Says:
    August 31st, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Wilson could easily be the best QB on the roster right now.

@Redia

nice one. thats about right!

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    more threats, Dr Bob?

*turns other cheek*
    ********
    Lol. Like I said. Self righteous. Casting stones with the masses.

• the famous dr robert

It’s alright. The doctor can stand the heat.

Pryor sucks. Flynn is good.

U will see.

Laugh now but u will see.

• RaiderReloader

Excited for Pryor, man what competitor does not like to hear how people “doubt their them, abilities, IQ or whatever”.

Then when you crush it, you crush the haters too.

Then when you crush it, you crush the haters too.

***

@Reloader

yes – Pryor will crush Dr Bob and many others!

Scott Bair‏@BairCSN 33m
    Allen: if Ausberry practices tomorrow, has a chance to play Sunday. If not, extremely doubtful.

RaiderReloader Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Then when you crush it, you crush the haters too.
    *******

hey missdick!

Jerry McDonald‏@Jerrymcd 34m
    Menelik Watson did not practice, Dennis Allen said. Will know more tomorrow. Would need to make transaction if he can’t play.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:53 pm
    Then when you crush it, you crush the haters too.

***

@Reloader

yes – Pryor will crush Dr Bob and many others!
    **********

not very Christian of u to root for my “crushing”.

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur2m
    LB Sio Moore was limited at practice with toe injury

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur3m
    Last time Khalif Barnes was at left tackle (Jacksonville 2008), guess who was at right tackle there? New Raiders RT Tony Pashos

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur6m

Expand Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur7m
    Allen hopeful LT Menelik Watson (knee) back at practice on Friday; don’t think he feels same about TE David Ausberry (shoulder)

• the famous dr robert

@VicTafur: “Khalif Barnes is ready for that challenge,” offensive coordinator Greg Olson said. Barnes practiced at LT today
    *********
    If he was, then why not before?

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien30m
    Greg Olson says no receiver has jumped out to him and it will still be “receiver by committee” #Raiders